• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me :)

SwimmerGal97

I've done this a few times but I'm not 100% and like to be thorough so here we go again

1. You are with a group of people in a car heading to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly you break down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts and outward reactions?

Inwardly, I'm simply thinking how to handle the situation. Outwardly I'd be organising it, splitting us into groups of 2 or 3 then going with a team to go on brief venture to see if we can find any indicator of where we are, telling another team to check the car to see if they can find anything and another to consult a map to check our route (I'd have made sure the route was preplanned) to find roughly where we are so we can call a breakdown service.

2. You make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the after party and assures you they won't drink so they can drive you all back later. How do you Feel about the party? What do you do?

Ugh. I wouldn't like it as I had mentally prepared myself for the concert then home. I'd wonder why the driver would be so desperate to go to a party full of drunk people he won't drink at because drunken idiots aren't fun unless you're plastered. Can they be fully trusted to say no to anything offered and how can I be sure they won't take what they believe is a safe drink but is spiked? It's not just themselves they're putting at risk then, its the whole group. If they do drink and they admit it, then will they pay for overnight accommodation for us all? I'd put the party idea to the group and have a vote. Majority wins and we stick together regardless of the outcome.

3. On the drive back a friend makes a claim that clashes with your beliefs. What is your inward/outward reaction?

I'd be fine with this, we all have different views and opinions, the world would be boring otherwise. Inwardly I'd try to work out the logic of their beliefs and outwardly I'd probe them, taking an understanding 'so you mean this...' Approach combined with 'but what about...'.

4. What would you do if you saw something that clashed with your beliefs?

What exactly am I seeing here? If it was definitive proof then id accept I was wrong. The facts speak more than any theory I may have.

5. What distinguishes you from everyone else?

My ability to observe then 'chameleon' and fit in with most groups of people. Also, and kind of linked, is that I don't miss a trick, no matter how subtle the detail is be it a hand gesture, expression, eye movement or tone of voice. When it comes to 'deep meaning' in art and literature I'm not a big fan and will take a pretty picture over a 'meaningful' one any day but there is a lot said in what people don't say .
6. How do you make decisions?

I weigh the pros and cons. Not much more to be said other than I can drive people nuts when I go 'I've decided to do this' then give them a long list of pros then go 'but what if/about....' Just to try and engage them in the positive and negative generating process. I like a thorough analysis and getting others involved could cover ground I haven't thought of.

7. Think before you speak or speak before you speak?

Think before I speak. Firstly because I hate being wrong and looking stupid but also because I consider the implications of what I'm saying- how could my words be interpreted? Where could it lead the conversation?

8. What annoys you about npeople?

So. Many. Things. People who are rude or ask too many questions instead of trying to think it through first, people who can't take hints or people who try to be 'quirky and different' and shove it down your throat about how edgy and cool and different they are.

9. Why do you want to know your type?

I like categorising and classifying things. Only I'm not great at doing it myself because when it comes to my own values etc I don't trust myself to be 100% objective (even someone who thinks they are fully objective will make themselves seem more objective than they re making them not fully objective so it just isn't possible) hence why Im doing it in a forum for like the 20th time (I'm being thorough and my logic is the more I do this,the more answers I'll get,the most commonly occurring one is most likely to be true even though I feel like I'm being annoying)

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
You were actually quite easy to type, I'm surprised that you haven't been able to type yourself yet. You seem ISTJ to me, and since you seem be be one who wants to see the logic of it, I will try my best to explain my analysis.
Your first paragraph about organizing people into groups and logically handling the situation is an example of Te, which is commonly found in FPs and TJs.
Your preference of a pretty picture over a meaningful one suggests a preference for concrete details over meanings, which is a facet of a preferred sensing function.
Your tendency to think before speaking or acting is one of the basic ideas of introversion dominance.
I did not see much of anything else, so that would suggest ISTJ, since the way you describe your Te definitely doesn't make it inferior.
Congrats to our newest ISTJ, and may your knowledge of your typing help you better understand yourself and others :)

SwimmerGal97

Congrats to our newest ISTJ, and may your knowledge of your typing help you better understand yourself and others :)

Thanks! ISTJ is actually one of the types I'd narrowed down to (INTJ/ENTJ but I'm not intuitively la la loopy enough to use the technical term (I generalise a lot I realise but I have a VERY intuitive type friend and her deep meaningful b*ll*cks seems ridiculous to me, ESTJ was another but I don't feel extroverted or authorative enough, at least not authorative in an ESTJ way and ISTJ the other but feel I can be a bit too daydreamy and not enough common sense to be an SJ, however I guess there's a lot of variation between types)

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Yeah you're absolutely right, except I wouldn't generalize that SJs aren't daydreamy. Actually SJs can sometimes be very dreamy and sentimental when it comes to past experiences. They sometimes can get caught up in the past, but are also very grounded. Also, being a little bit daydreamy is part of introversion, as every introverted function deals with asubjevtive world, so keep that in mind ;)
Thanks! ISTJ is actually one of the types I'd narrowed down to (INTJ/ENTJ but I'm not intuitively la la loopy enough to use the technical term (I generalise a lot I realise but I have a VERY intuitive type friend and her deep meaningful b*ll*cks seems ridiculous to me, ESTJ was another but I don't feel extroverted or authorative enough, at least not authorative in an ESTJ way and ISTJ the other but feel I can be a bit too daydreamy and not enough common sense to be an SJ, however I guess there's a lot of variation between types)