• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trying to figure out my type. pls help

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Hey! I'm a new member. Nice to meet you all.

I've been pretty big on MBTI for a few years now, but I still don't know too much about it. I'd really like some help in figuring out my type!

When I first took the test, I scored as an ISTP. Then I came back as INTP, then INTJ, and ENTJ on occasion. After getting some help from some other people, they proposed I was in fact an ISFP. So I did some research and have identified as an ISFP.

Right now I'm thinking that's wrong though (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be here!). Mainly my problem lies with Fe vs Fi (Te vs Ti could be a problem as well). I am usually compared to characters or people who are Fe users (Armin Arlert from Attack on Titan, an INFJ, seems to be the most common comparison. Kenma Kozume from Haikyuu!, an INTP, is another one.), and after doing some more research into Fe, I found out that, yes, there are a lot more similarities than I thought there were.

I try to comfort others when they're feeling upset, and I'm fairly good at empathizing and understanding everyone's side of the issue, but I often-times feel awkward and unsure of what to do. So I just say, "That really sucks, I'm sorry, is there anything I can do?" and hope and pray that that's enough. I don't want my friends to feel useless. I often feel like my caring-for-them is very 'fake,' but other people say that I'm a very nice person and that I'm a very caring person and that I care about people a lot. Which is....a really weird consensus for me.

At the same time, I tend to internalize my own emotions frequently. I have moments where I'll let them burst overwhelm me, but I try my hardest to remain detached from a situation. If something violates my moral code, I'll bubble over and get angry and EVERYONE will know about it because I cannot calm down my mind enough to rationalize and think through how stupid it is that I do that. Then I'll go back to being detached and observant and the process repeats itself.

I can fill out a questionnaire if needed, but I'd like some input first. Thank you!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my own viewpoints on more subjective matters can change quite easily. When my friends are having arguments, they tend to come to me for advice/to vent. When I'm listening to Friend A, I may agree more with them, but when Friend B comes to me, I'll find myself agreeing more with them. This is why I don't get myself involved too much and try to make both people understand both sides of the situation and just be there when they need me to be.

However, my opinions on stuff that is very close to my moral code is very consistent and doesn't change. Ever.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION]

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Anything in particular really point those two functions out to you?? I'm curious.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
easy answer: even when you speak of your emotional fluxes and attachments, it is in a detached, assessing way that doesn't seem especially forced.

I dunno if I'm capable of giving an in-depth answer right now. probably not enough info anyway. My mind is a desert.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION]
Thank you so much, either way! I'll wait and see what others say.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
excellent idea. keep those biases at bay, i say!

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Still need some input. As someone who was supposedly ISFP, I'm feeling pretty lost.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I try to comfort others when they're feeling upset, and I'm fairly good at empathizing and understanding everyone's side of the issue, but I often-times feel awkward and unsure of what to do.

^Perhaps you are more likely to be some sort of xxFx indeed. Also you seem to be showing signs of both fi and fe, so it's hard to tell which but it could also indicate that you are more of feeling type than a thinker.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
^Perhaps you are more likely to be some sort of xxFx indeed. Also you seem to be showing signs of both fi and fe, so it's hard to tell which but it could also indicate that you are more of feeling type than a thinker.

Yes, I'm really stuck on Fi and Fe. For the longest time I was convinced that I was an Fi user, but upon more introspection I kind of started to realize I use it more than I originally thought I did. And that I don't internalize nearly as much as I thought I did. If something's bothering me, people tend to know. I don't...make a scene or anything, but if I'm talking one-on-one or in a small group, people will know my feelings on something.

And I know that a high moral code and being more individualistic is more of a pointer towards Fi, but...hrm. I dunno. I can empathize, despite feeling awkward and uncomfortable, but...erm yeah.

My response was not a very helpful post, but either way, thank you for posting. I'm fairly certain I lead with an introverted function, and that I use Ni and Se, but from there I'm more confused. Originally I thought I was an Fi/Te user, but now....urgh.

Thanks!

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After getting some help from some other people, they proposed I was in fact an ISFP.

Did they tell you why?

I try to comfort others when they're feeling upset, and I'm fairly good at empathizing and understanding everyone's side of the issue, but I often-times feel awkward and unsure of what to do. So I just say, "That really sucks, I'm sorry, is there anything I can do?" and hope and pray that that's enough. I don't want my friends to feel useless. I often feel like my caring-for-them is very 'fake,' but other people say that I'm a very nice person and that I'm a very caring person and that I care about people a lot. Which is....a really weird consensus for me.

This does sound like Fe, but neither dom nor aux.

At the same time, I tend to internalize my own emotions frequently. I have moments where I'll let them burst overwhelm me, but I try my hardest to remain detached from a situation. If something violates my moral code, I'll bubble over and get angry and EVERYONE will know about it because I cannot calm down my mind enough to rationalize and think through how stupid it is that I do that. Then I'll go back to being detached and observant and the process repeats itself.

Inferior Fe overriding dominant Ti?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You sound Ti/Fe to me.

INTP would be my guess.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Did they tell you why?

I think it's because I'm very strongly run by an internal moral code. Umm, let's see....this is probably the best example I can think of.

I attend a Christian school, and I'm one of few people who is pro-gay marriage and pro-choice -- stuff like that. In classes, I have no qualms with letting these values shine through. I will debate to the very end and become almost obstinate. I speak my mind honestly, and I've been told that people admire me for "being who I am," whatever the hell that means. I don't like betraying people's trust, either.

Truthfully, I can get a little upset when people don't agree with me. I start feeling alone and attacked, but I don't show that outwardly. Especially if this is on a matter that I don't have much ground on.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Still think Ti Fe. It seems like you are trying to contrast "strong" Fi with "strong " Fe when it would be more sensible to contrast it with "weak" Fe.

Emotional volatility is typically associated with repressed or immature feeling functions. Clouded awareness and difficulty expressing...especially so. I'm deliberately ignoring other typology systems' contributions. Both Ti and Fi preferers will have independent minds and morals to some extent. Both blurred by the subject's...subjectivity. Potentially hard to distinguish.

Why did you focus this thread on Fe vs Fi instead of Te vs Ti or even Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te. Would it be wrong to assume your preference here? Or is it just more easy to understand?

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Still think Ti Fe. It seems like you are trying to contrast "strong" Fi with "strong " Fe when it would be more sensible to contrast it with "weak" Fe.

Emotional volatility is typically associated with repressed or immature feeling functions. Clouded awareness and difficulty expressing...especially so. I'm deliberately ignoring other typology systems' contributions. Both Ti and Fi preferers will have independent minds and morals to some extent. Both blurred by the subject's...subjectivity. Potentially hard to distinguish.

Why did you focus this thread on Fe vs Fi instead of Te vs Ti or even Ti/Fe vs Fi/Te. Would it be wrong to assume your preference here? Or is it just more easy to understand?

Yeah, I'm still rather behind on understanding how to differentiate between strong and weak functions.

I focused the thread on Fe vs Fi because it's the function I have the most problems differentiating between. I understand Te and Ti more, though I'm still unsure on which one I use, but it's not as difficult for me to grasp.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Interesting! Anything else to support INTP???

Hm, how to explain...

You seem Si/Ne valuing over Ni/Se. To me, Se/Ni users have a more charged energy, while Ne/Si is prone to almost running over themselves in an effort to say what they are trying to. Se/Ni charges forward actively- little redundancy except in potentially attempting to externally strengthen through Se- what Ni deems important.

So anyways I think you are Si/Ne- you are grabbing, you have not grabbed.

And I think you are Ti/Fe. For the reasons [MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION] has mentioned. It is possible that you are ISFJ, with fair usage of Ti to balance out your Fe(I don't think you are an Fe-dom), but I would go with INTP.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Hm, how to explain...

You seem Si/Ne valuing over Ni/Se. To me, Se/Ni users have a more charged energy, while Ne/Si is prone to almost running over themselves in an effort to say what they are trying to. Se/Ni charges forward actively- little redundancy except in potentially attempting to externally strengthen through Se- what Ni deems important.

So anyways I think you are Si/Ne- you are grabbing, you have not grabbed.

And I think you are Ti/Fe. For the reasons [MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION] has mentioned. It is possible that you are ISFJ, with fair usage of Ti to balance out your Fe(I don't think you are an Fe-dom), but I would go with INTP.

Huh, that's rather interesting.

Thank you!

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I'm still rather behind on understanding how to differentiate between strong and weak functions.

I focused the thread on Fe vs Fi because it's the function I have the most problems differentiating between. I understand Te and Ti more, though I'm still unsure on which one I use, but it's not as difficult for me to grasp.

I would personally recommend looking at the functions as axes instead of individual elements. This video by Pierce may be useful if you haven't seen it before. Relevant information starts at @4:06 but the whole video is full of good information imo:

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
I would personally recommend looking at the functions as axes instead of individual elements. This video by Pierce may be useful if you haven't seen it before. Relevant information starts at @4:06 but the whole video is full of good information imo:

Thank you! This was interesting, but now tbh I feel more lost than ever. ^^; Sorry for all of this. Do you have any articles on it that I can read? Always been more of a visual learner.