• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trying to figure out my type. pls help

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Which part of the ISFP descriptions do you relate to?

"Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it."

"Some ISFP males are fiercely competitive, especially in sport or table games, and may have great difficulty losing. This competitive nature, also seen in other SP types, sometimes fosters 'lucky,' 'gut' feelings and a willingness to take risks."

"ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it."

"Some ISFP males are fiercely competitive, especially in sport or table games, and may have great difficulty losing. This competitive nature, also seen in other SP types, sometimes fosters 'lucky,' 'gut' feelings and a willingness to take risks."

"ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them"

Those three description aren't specific to the ISFP type. So if you relate only to those then I really doubt that you're the ISFP type.

From your other posts you're sounding more like the ISTP, but where does INTJ and INFJ come into this?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Some comments under the ISTP branch definitely related to me, but I'm not very mechanically inclined." Mechanically inclined doesn't matter.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
"Some comments under the ISTP branch definitely related to me, but I'm not very mechanically inclined." Mechanically inclined doesn't matter.

I figured, it's just a common stereotype I've heard.

In regards to the INTJ and INFJ being types that I relate to, there's these quotes.

For the INTJ:
"When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how."
"Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this;"
"In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know"."
"INTJs really want people to make sense."

For INFJ:
"only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates.""
"While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates."
"Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life."
"INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless."
"INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I figured, it's just a common stereotype I've heard.

In regards to the INTJ and INFJ being types that I relate to, there's these quotes.

For the INTJ:
"When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how."
"Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this;"
"In the broadest terms, what INTJs "do" tends to be what they "know"."
"INTJs really want people to make sense."

For INFJ:
"only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates.""
"While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates."
"Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life."
"INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless."
"INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately."

"While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others..." do you instinctively court personal and organizational demands?

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
""While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others..." do you instinctively court personal and organizational demands?

I think it's safe to say that I don't "seek" out to help other people, it's just that others find me trustworthy and reputable enough as a listener that they naturally gravitate towards me when they're upset. And I don't like to push away those people.

I guess calling it an "instinctual courting" is wrong, as I don't try to look for that type of stuff, it just kind of...falls into my lap. And it drains me after a certain amount of time, so that's where the whole "withdrawing" quote comes into play. I'm known to get quite callous and harsh if I don't get a break from being the person everyone vents to.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's safe to say that I don't "seek" out to help other people, it's just that others find me trustworthy and reputable enough as a listener that they naturally gravitate towards me when they're upset. And I don't like to push away those people.

I guess calling it an "instinctual courting" is wrong, as I don't try to look for that type of stuff, it just kind of...falls into my lap. And it drains me after a certain amount of time, so that's where the whole "withdrawing" quote comes into play. I'm known to get quite callous and harsh if I don't get a break from being the person everyone vents to.

Yeah. It's pretty important to consider the entire statement - like the person who identified with multiple types because they all contained the word "loyal."

I know of an ISTP type 5w4 on youtube.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah. It's pretty important to consider the entire statement - like the person who identified with multiple types because they all contained the word "loyal."

I know of an ISTP type 5w4 on youtube.

I kind of figured if it encapsulated the general idea, it'd be fine. Dumb assumption, in retrospect. :p

Mind if I see some of their videos? That might help with sorting this out.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sense you're an INFJ, my sister is an INFJ and I already can see a lot of her qualities in what you mentioned, she can get very defensive when it comes to her morals, she empathizing (sometimes too empathizing), idealistic and sometimes just jumps to conclusions without enough understanding.. Also she's very creative and artistic, in fact her drawings are a lot like your profile picture [emoji1]may be that's why you got the ISFP the last time you tried..think you should read and watch more about INFJ so maybe you can tell it it fits you, good luck [emoji4]

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
I sense you're an INFJ, my sister is an INFJ and I already can see a lot of her qualities in what you mentioned, she can get very defensive when it comes to her morals, she empathizing (sometimes too empathizing), idealistic and sometimes just jumps to conclusions without enough understanding.. Also she's very creative and artistic, in fact her drawings are a lot like your profile picture [emoji1]may be that's why you got the ISFP the last time you tried..think you should read and watch more about INFJ so maybe you can tell it it fits you, good luck [emoji4]

Thanks for your input! I didn't draw my profile picture, but my art style is very similar.

I'm thinking maybe I use weak Fe as opposed to strong Fi. who knows tho (not me that's why i'm here)

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for your input! I didn't draw my profile picture, but my art style is very similar.

I'm thinking maybe I use weak Fe as opposed to strong Fi. who knows tho (not me that's why i'm here)

You're welcome [emoji4] I don't know either I just feel I'm somewhere in the middle, I tend to use an Fe in some situations and Fi in others.. I didn't measure actually