• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trying to figure out my type. pls help

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It sounds like inferior Fe to me. IxTP. I, and other Fe-inferior people I know, are very similar to what you've written.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
It sounds like inferior Fe to me. IxTP. I, and other Fe-inferior people I know, are very similar to what you've written.

Thanks much! Got any other suggestions outside of inferior Fe??

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you relate to Te or Ti? When you have an idea that you consider correct, how is that idea validated? What about ideas that are not connected to morality? Do you references external sources, do you look to an system of internal logic?

In reading your thread so far, I can't tell if you use more Fe or Fi. It would be worthwhile to explore your use of other functions as well. It could make sense to start with the four judging function, since they have more external manifestations, and are the way we evaluate our sense of reality. Do you hold beliefs that are in opposition to your feelings? This may not indicate T or F, but it could be useful information. (I know I hold many beliefs in opposition to how I feel, but consider myself a "feeler" anyway).

How do you form an opinion about a subject? What constitutes 'proof"? How does the outside world influence your opinion? How do you process it internally? How do you know when you are wrong? What proves you wrong about an idea?

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
How do you relate to Te or Ti? When you have an idea that you consider correct, how is that idea validated? What about ideas that are not connected to morality? Do you references external sources, do you look to an system of internal logic?

In reading your thread so far, I can't tell if you use more Fe or Fi. It would be worthwhile to explore your use of other functions as well. It could make sense to start with the four judging function, since they have more external manifestations, and are the way we evaluate our sense of reality. Do you hold beliefs that are in opposition to your feelings? This may not indicate T or F, but it could be useful information. (I know I hold many beliefs in opposition to how I feel, but consider myself a "feeler" anyway).

How do you form an opinion about a subject? What constitutes 'proof"? How does the outside world influence your opinion? How do you process it internally? How do you know when you are wrong? What proves you wrong about an idea?

I've been told by most people that I seem to use Te, but I have had a few other consensuses that Ti is possible too? I'm very aware of deadlines and like to have things done by a certain time, but I'm also notorious for procrastinating and putting something off until I have "motivation" to do it. AKA when I feel like it.

What exactly do you mean by holding beliefs that are in opposition to your feelings? Like being against death but supporting the death penalty?? Something like that?

I form an opinion about a subject based off of what makes common sense, followed by learning more regarding objective facts. If I think something makes sense to me, I'll look into it more and learn more about it so I can back up my argument if someone wants to debate about it. I'd say my morality also plays into it, but like I previously mentioned, in subjective matters my opinions change quite frequently.

The above also can apply to how the outside world influences my opinion. I might be obstinate against another's opinion at first, but if I begin to think that it makes sense, logically and emotionally, I'll begin to consider it and morph my own opinion so that it 'mixes' with the two beliefs, I guess. It's rare that I'll entirely flip flop on an opinion, but it has happened. Common sense is pretty important to me.

I know when I'm wrong when people give me objective facts and it makes more sense than what I thought I believed at first. If they point out the flaws in my argument, I'll especially realize that I was wrong. I may get defensive and stubborn at first, but when I stop and think about it, it usually makes sense and I'll begin to reformulate my opinion.

Sorry, that was a lot of rewording. Hope that helps.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^It takes a lot to know for certain, but an ISTJ could have written that post you just made. They have tertiary Fi, so a sense of morality is the strongest for ISTJ and INTJ of all the Thinking types. I hear Te and Fi quite strongly in that post, although it may not be enough information to draw a certain conclusion.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
^It takes a lot to know for certain, but an ISTJ could have written that post you just made. They have tertiary Fi, so a sense of morality is the strongest for ISTJ and INTJ of all the Thinking types. I hear Te and Fi quite strongly in that post, although it may not be enough information to draw a certain conclusion.

Understandably so -- there's only so much you can glean from a post over the internet.

I highly doubt I'm an ISTJ. I'm almost 100 percent positive I use Se. Granted, I'm trying not to bring my previous biases into this thread but...either way, I'm very unsure about that. I'm not nearly traditional enough (or materialistic enough imho) to be an Si-dom.

Is there anything in particular that really reflects ISTJ? Or is there another type that seems to make sense as well?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Understandably so -- there's only so much you can glean from a post over the internet.

I highly doubt I'm an ISTJ. I'm almost 100 percent positive I use Se. Granted, I'm trying not to bring my previous biases into this thread but...either way, I'm very unsure about that. I'm not nearly traditional enough (or materialistic enough imho) to be an Si-dom.

Is there anything in particular that really reflects ISTJ? Or is there another type that seems to make sense as well?
The reference to common sense as a means of determining what is true sounds like Si. Verifying ideas with external data is Te. My second guess would be INTJ - they do have inferior Se, so Si is their absolute weakest function. They have a contrast of pragmaticism, but also extremely abstract, theoretical sense of reality because of Ni. I think Carl Sagan of the series "Cosmos" is a perfect example of an INTJ.

Oh, here's another question that could help. Are there any well-known people, celebrities, scientists, politicians, anyone that you would describe yourself as having a similar personality? A few well-known individuals you identify with would be especially helpful. Who someone identifies with can reveal some nuance about who they are that goes beyond descriptions and definitions.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's also ISTP, which has more "common sense" mentality than the INTJ or INTP.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
The reference to common sense as a means of determining what is true sounds like Si. Verifying ideas with external data is Te. My second guess would be INTJ - they do have inferior Se, so Si is their absolute weakest function. They have a contrast of pragmaticism, but also extremely abstract, theoretical sense of reality because of Ni. I think Carl Sagan of the series "Cosmos" is a perfect example of an INTJ.

Oh, here's another question that could help. Are there any well-known people, celebrities, scientists, politicians, anyone that you would describe yourself as having a similar personality? A few well-known individuals you identify with would be especially helpful. Who someone identifies with can reveal some nuance about who they are that goes beyond descriptions and definitions.

Ah, I haven't seen Cosmos. Heard it's phenomenal, though. I should go watch it.

Alan Turing! Don't be mistaken -- not the Alan Turing who is depicted in The Imitation Game. I'm talking about the real, legit, Alan Turing. Unfortunately, Cumberbatch (and the writers, to be fair) kind of botched Turing's actual personality and shaped him into an 'eccentric' character, when in actuality he was relatively amicable and friendly. A quiet guy who just took life at his own pace. I believe he was an ISTP, from what I've heard.

Unfortunately, I don't know a lot of celebrities, and to be honest, I don't really see myself in any of them. Turing, I suppose, is about it.

I mean, if you want anime characters that I relate to, I could go on for hours lmao.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, I haven't seen Cosmos. Heard it's phenomenal, though. I should go watch it.

Alan Turing! Don't be mistaken -- not the Alan Turing who is depicted in The Imitation Game. I'm talking about the real, legit, Alan Turing. Unfortunately, Cumberbatch (and the writers, to be fair) kind of botched Turing's actual personality and shaped him into an 'eccentric' character, when in actuality he was relatively amicable and friendly. A quiet guy who just took life at his own pace. I believe he was an ISTP, from what I've heard.

Unfortunately, I don't know a lot of celebrities, and to be honest, I don't really see myself in any of them. Turing, I suppose, is about it.

I mean, if you want anime characters that I relate to, I could go on for hours lmao.
Celebrities not needed - I was just recommending individuals that are commonly known, so would be meaningful in discussion.

Alan Turing says a lot - especially that you are likely a Thinker and not Feeler.

ISTPs are often scientists. Some of the stereotypes don't really represent the type. The Ti-dom tends to be quite analytical in a way that people often assume is an intuitive, but their ease and facility with Sensory data makes them different from the intuitive Thinkers.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ha, I just looked up Alan Turing's MBTI type and ISTP, ISTJ, INTP and INTJ all come up. He may have had the same problem as you. :)

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Celebrities not needed - I was just recommending individuals that are commonly known, so would be meaningful in discussion.

Alan Turing says a lot - especially that you are likely a Thinker and not Feeler.

ISTPs are often scientists. Some of the stereotypes don't really represent the type. The Ti-dom tends to be quite analytical in a way that people often assume is an intuitive, but their ease and facility with Sensory data makes them different from the intuitive Thinkers.

How so? What is it that sets them apart?

My apologies if I seem nosy -- I'm just sick of constantly questioning my type. Haha. I really struggle with telling apart Te/Fi and Fe/Ti.

Also wow, that's very....um...diverse. We really are similar! lol

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs and INTJs can be quite spacey when relating to the outside world. I knew one genius INTP who didn't like to go out because there were 'people and objects out there'. The iNtuitives get lost in their head in a way that is the well-known absent minded professor archetype.

ISTPs can be your 'nerds' like the other I-T- types, but they have more sensory awareness. I know one extremely introverted ISTP that is a computer nerd, but he photographs a lot of nature. I think many race car drivers are ISTP. Strong Se means the person is very conscious of all the details of their surroundings. Dominant Ti makes them able to rapidly manipulate and make decisions quickly and in the moment. This would help with any kind of high speed or emergency based tasks. Being able to adapt quickly and rationally to changing sensory data is an identifying aspect of Ti-Se. They often have more ability to take greater risks because they have control over it.

The INTP can have trouble adapting to changing sensory data. Tertiary Si can make them prefer familiar sensory data and concrete routine that doesn't interrupt their inner world of thoughts. John Nash is an archetypal INTP because he invented game theory, in a completely new way than others were thinking, but he relied on his internal sense of logic and rationality. What he filtered through his internal logic machine was intuitive, abstract data about patterns from the concrete world. It didn't involve much interaction or concrete connection to solid, measurable, concrete aspect of reality.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
INTPs and INTJs can be quite spacey when relating to the outside world. I knew one genius INTP who didn't like to go out because there were 'people and objects out there'. The iNtuitives get lost in their head in a way that is the well-known absent minded professor archetype.

ISTPs can be your 'nerds' like the other I-T- types, but they have more sensory awareness. I know one extremely introverted ISTP that is a computer nerd, but he photographs a lot of nature. I think many race car drivers are ISTP. Strong Se means the person is very conscious of all the details of their surroundings. Dominant Ti makes them able to rapidly manipulate and make decisions quickly and in the moment. This would help with any kind of high speed or emergency based tasks. Being able to adapt quickly and rationally to changing sensory data is an identifying aspect of Ti-Se. They often have more ability to take greater risks because they have control over it.

The INTP can have trouble adapting to changing sensory data. Tertiary Si can make them prefer familiar sensory data and concrete routine that doesn't interrupt their inner world of thoughts. John Nash is an archetypal INTP because he invented game theory, in a completely new way than others were thinking, but he relied on his internal sense of logic and rationality. What he filtered through his internal logic machine was intuitive, abstract data about patterns from the concrete world. It didn't involve much interaction or concrete connection to solid, measurable, concrete aspect of reality.

Ew, routine.

I do get lost in my head, but recently I've noticed when that happens it's not because I'm coming up with some sick new idea or anything, but rather I'm thinking about what's happening around me and what's going on and what might happen.

When I decide to turn that off, I feel lost and out of place and...erm...confused? I don't notice things I should be noticing. If I don't care about my environment, I get left behind and end up floundering about, desperately trying to catch up with others. I am good at making decisions though? At least, that's what other people have told me...???

I used to race go-karts, actually. LOL. Granted, I was like 10, but...still. Once upon a time.

That makes sense, and does a good job of lying out differences between the STP and the NTP. Thank you.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I say you're an INFP, mostly because of this:

"At the same time, I tend to internalize my own emotions frequently. I have moments where I'll let them burst overwhelm me, but I try my hardest to remain detached from a situation. If something violates my moral code, I'll bubble over and get angry and EVERYONE will know about it because I cannot calm down my mind enough to rationalize and think through how stupid it is that I do that. Then I'll go back to being detached and observant and the process repeats itself."

And this:

'I try to comfort others when they're feeling upset, and I'm fairly good at empathizing and understanding everyone's side of the issue, but I often-times feel awkward and unsure of what to do. So I just say, "That really sucks, I'm sorry, is there anything I can do?" and hope and pray that that's enough. I don't want my friends to feel useless. I often feel like my caring-for-them is very 'fake,' but other people say that I'm a very nice person and that I'm a very caring person and that I care about people a lot. Which is....a really weird consensus for me.'

I realize there's a lot of demand these days for Jungian analysis, which means a lot of tearing apart of your statements and taking them out of context in order to produce confirmation bias.

But looking at the type itself is usually more fruitful. Sites such as INFP Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving are more useful than JCF, although it also contains an analysis of the INFP cognitive stacking for your perusal:

"Their extreme depth of feeling is often hidden, even from themselves, until circumstances evoke an impassioned response:"

"Feeling is caught in the approach-avoidance bind between concern both for people and for All Creatures Great and Small, and a psycho-magnetic repulsion from the same."

"INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities"

"INFPs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything. Even for the most unlovable the INFP is wont to have pity."

"Some INFPs have a gift for taking technical information and putting it into layman's terms."

There is much said about the Fi sense of personal values in the literature on the type. But it boils down to chasing moral perfection while hiding a sense of unworthiness, of imperfection, and even a feeling of incompetence and hopelessness at ever achieving that goal. (This last is especially true if the enneagram is 4 or a 4-wing.) Low self-esteem and false humility result from holding too high a standard of value for oneself, but ONLY in cases where the person has lost confidence. Not INFPs have lost confidence.

Si is described at the page in very general terms. In my experience, Si-tertiary lends an external aspect of hard-headedness and leads to outbursts of temper.

Te-inferior is not described well at the page. Te-inferior, for the INFP, involves a distaste, and even outright hatred, for external authority figures. Te-inferior enables the Fi-dominant to produce large amounts of projections against those who are powerful and who, apparently, exist only to torture the downtrodden in society.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
I say you're an INFP, mostly because of this:

"At the same time, I tend to internalize my own emotions frequently. I have moments where I'll let them burst overwhelm me, but I try my hardest to remain detached from a situation. If something violates my moral code, I'll bubble over and get angry and EVERYONE will know about it because I cannot calm down my mind enough to rationalize and think through how stupid it is that I do that. Then I'll go back to being detached and observant and the process repeats itself."

And this:

'I try to comfort others when they're feeling upset, and I'm fairly good at empathizing and understanding everyone's side of the issue, but I often-times feel awkward and unsure of what to do. So I just say, "That really sucks, I'm sorry, is there anything I can do?" and hope and pray that that's enough. I don't want my friends to feel useless. I often feel like my caring-for-them is very 'fake,' but other people say that I'm a very nice person and that I'm a very caring person and that I care about people a lot. Which is....a really weird consensus for me.'

I realize there's a lot of demand these days for Jungian analysis, which means a lot of tearing apart of your statements and taking them out of context in order to produce confirmation bias.

But looking at the type itself is usually more fruitful. Sites such as INFP Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving are more useful than JCF, although it also contains an analysis of the INFP cognitive stacking for your perusal:

"Their extreme depth of feeling is often hidden, even from themselves, until circumstances evoke an impassioned response:"

"Feeling is caught in the approach-avoidance bind between concern both for people and for All Creatures Great and Small, and a psycho-magnetic repulsion from the same."

"INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities"

"INFPs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything. Even for the most unlovable the INFP is wont to have pity."

"Some INFPs have a gift for taking technical information and putting it into layman's terms."

There is much said about the Fi sense of personal values in the literature on the type. But it boils down to chasing moral perfection while hiding a sense of unworthiness, of imperfection, and even a feeling of incompetence and hopelessness at ever achieving that goal. (This last is especially true if the enneagram is 4 or a 4-wing.) Low self-esteem and false humility result from holding too high a standard of value for oneself, but ONLY in cases where the person has lost confidence. Not INFPs have lost confidence.

Si is described at the page in very general terms. In my experience, Si-tertiary lends an external aspect of hard-headedness and leads to outbursts of temper.

Te-inferior is not described well at the page. Te-inferior, for the INFP, involves a distaste, and even outright hatred, for external authority figures. Te-inferior enables the Fi-dominant to produce large amounts of projections against those who are powerful and who, apparently, exist only to torture the downtrodden in society.

This was itneresting to read, but I must admit I didn't see myself in that description whatsoever. I'm by no means an idealist.

Personally, I think of myself as rather cynical, but I'm not sure how others think of me in that regard. I've been told I'm very grounded in reality and that I need to dream more, but I've also been told I care a lot about people (like mentioned previously).

I appreciate your input though! It was very interesting to read your comment, and the website on it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was itneresting to read, but I must admit I didn't see myself in that description whatsoever. I'm by no means an idealist.

Personally, I think of myself as rather cynical, but I'm not sure how others think of me in that regard. I've been told I'm very grounded in reality and that I need to dream more, but I've also been told I care a lot about people (like mentioned previously).

I appreciate your input though! It was very interesting to read your comment, and the website on it.

Check out the other type descriptions there.

Bankoto

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
5w4
Check out the other type descriptions there.

I primarily related to the INTJ, ISFP, and INFJ descriptions. Some comments under the ISTP branch definitely related to me, but I'm not very mechanically inclined. That's the only thing that hold me back from relating to it as strongly as I do the other three, I guess.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I primarily related to the INTJ, ISFP, and INFJ descriptions. Some comments under the ISTP branch definitely related to me, but I'm not very mechanically inclined. That's the only thing that hold me back from relating to it as strongly as I do the other three, I guess.

Which part of the ISFP descriptions do you relate to?