• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is my type?

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry if my English is hard to understand, it's my third language.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm not sure but sometimes I behave differently. Sometimes I am quiet and deep in my own thoughts, sometimes I am somewhat childish and a bit loud, other times I am very social and outspoken. I also read a lot of information about the cognitive functions, but I don't really know which functions I am using.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Achieving my goals, improving/developing myself or my environment, or achieving competence in a certain thing that I care about are probably one of the many things in life that I yearn for. I guess it's because I like the idea of improvement or development.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Whenever I am performing at my best in a certain thing, especially when other people are impressed or amazed. I might get a deep excited feeling afterwards in my stomach or get a huge confidence boost. I like it when I have improved a lot and have achieved competence in a certain thing, and I also enjoy it when people are impressed or amazed. I often feel a bit uncomfortable and flattered though when I'm in the center of attention. I also don't want to look like a show off or an attention whore.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Incompetence in certain things can make me feel inferior, especially when I'm one of the few that is incompetent.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Logic and pro-cons are things that I use most of the time, I always try to determine what works best for what I want.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I only want control of the outcome if the project is important to me or doesn't meet my standards without my control. Otherwise, I don't really mind it if I don't have control.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have had a lot of fun times in my life, but it is a bit hard for me to describe it and put it into words. The memories are a bit vague for the most part.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Learning on my own, reading and practicing works best for me.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I'm organized most of the time, but sometimes I don't bother organizing if the space or room is not mine or if I don't make use of it. For example, I don't bother organizing my room if the only thing I do is sleep there. But if I am planning on doing my homework there, I will clean and organize it first. I also skip the organizing part if I am too busy with a certain thought in my head or if I don't have enough time.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I don't know.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I follow what I believe and stay true to myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I probably think before I speak most of the time, but I'm not 100% sure. I think I have a slight preference towards one-on-one communication, but I also remember doing pretty well in certain group discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I rarely jump into action right away, I often like to know where I am going.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I will probably go out with my friends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I don't know.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like it when people are close minded, coming up with conclusions too fast without giving it a proper thought, or when they are negative. I also don't like it when people try to command me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like to talk about things that I know a lot about.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I don't know.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't know but they've called me intelligent, smart, crazy, stupid, weird, funny, asocial, social, aggressive and sometimes quiet. Their perception is alright I guess, they would probably never say that I am not helping them or that I am not helpful.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Doings things that are related to my goals, doings things that seem fun to me or maybe learning some useful skills.

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Second questionnaire

My OP was probably confusing or there was just too little information or perhaps I just don't know myself well enough, so I tried another questionnaire.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not really, I'm a 18 year old male btw.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
Picture
Cold, autumn, foggy. Winter is about to begin.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I would be trying to figure out what the cause could be and give suggestions to the group. I also would be wondering if we still could make it to our destination in time, or atleast make it to our destination at all.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I don't know, it would probably depend on my mood at that moment. The thing is also that I've never really been to a concert or an afterparty, so it is a bit hard for me to relate to the situation.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I would get a strong urge from the inside to say something about it, outwardly I would try to give arguments for why his/her claim is wrong.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I don't know.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Calmness, open-mindedness, freedom and independence. I don't like it when my freedom is restricted, hence I disliked school since my first day at the age of 4. I also dislike drama and don't like it when people are too close minded.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I can spend a lot of time in my head, which sadly can sometimes hold me back from achieving my goals.
b) I wish I was more action oriented and had a better focus instead of getting distracted by my own thoughts. There are a lot of things that I could have achieved or experienced, if my own mind was not holding me back or distracting me.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I don't know.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Pretty much all activities that I enjoy, most of them are individual activities. (Muay Thai, lifting weights, reading etc.).
b) Activities that don't interest me, most school activities, activities that are done in (large) groups and activities where I am too dependent on someone else or where others are too dependent on me.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Emotional thoughts, because I don't feel comfortable sharing those with others.

rmrf

Very tired right now, so this will be a short post. The impression I got was ISTP, maybe ISTJ. I think the J/P scale is close to the center. I feel fairly confident on the middle two letters.

Have you done any online tests, if so, what results did you get?

I'll try give you a longer, more detailed response tomorrow.

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Online tests have given me: INTJ, ISTJ, INTP and ISTP.

rmrf

I definitely see more S than N in your answers. So the question now is ISTJ or ISTP. Looking at the descriptions, which do you relate more to.

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After comparing the ISTJ description with the ISTP description, I can relate better to the ISTP description. So I guess that makes me an ISTP?

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
I can definitely See ISTP or ISTJ based on your descriptions. You seem to use Fi when you say you stay true to yourself, but when you stay true to yourself, are you staying true to your own logic? Or your own values and ideals? I suspect the first. You talk about making logical decisions, wich doesn't seem Fi to me, and you are too open minded to be ISTJ. I would guess ISTP if you meant you stay true to yourself in a logical way.

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure but I probably meant staying true to my own logic and/or perhaps I am not aware of my inferior Fe. Are there any examples of Fi vs Ti when it comes to staying true to yourself?

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Ti stays true to its own logical framework and sense of how things work.
Fi stays true to what it believes about morality, its values, its ideals, and what it loves.
Ti is deductive logic, starting with an idea and then pulling it apart to get a sense of how it works
Fi is humanistic, it doesn't care about what other people are doing and accepts people without condition.
Ti is accurate. It wants a precise definition or concept
Fi doesn't care about precision or logic, as long as one is following one's own code of morality
Ti morals are logical, regarding people as just another thing to consider in the greater good
Fi is people centered and will choose the people they care about over any given fact.
Does that help?

Zay

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've spent some time reading about the two cognitive functions and I've compared them, and I think I am an Ti user or at least I can relate much better to it than Fi.

I've also spend time reading about the ISTP descriptions, and I can relate quite well to it. One of the few things I can't relate to about the ISTP, is the messiness. My room is organized and everything has it's own place. My room does become a mess after a while though, because I sometimes lack the energy or the time to put things back into their place, such as my clothes.