• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need some help figuring out my type. Am I an impossible case?

bluemonday

MBTI Type
XXTP
Enneagram
7w8
Okay, so I normally am good at figuring things like this out on my own but right now the only thing I'm sure of is that I'm an extroverted type. I usually tested as ENFJ and ENTJ on the 4 letter quizzes but I didn't think those results were right so I kind of ventured off, started doing my own research about personality types, and learned about the functions. I've done pretty thorough research about it and still wasn't sure so I took a test based on them to help me out and my results are as follows:

"Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ENTP
or Second Possibility: INTP
or Third Possibility: INTJ

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Ne - Ti - Ni - Te - Fi - Fe - Se - Si
"

I've taken functions quizzes a few times and my results have been fairly consistent. However, every time I sort of feel the need to question it and consider the idea that I could really be a different type and that because I've studied the functions so much I might have somehow unconsciously manipulated my results to get a different answer than what I really am.

Just so I'm not looking at it from a biased standpoint, does anyone have any questions to ask me that could help me figure out my type? I feel like if I get another person's viewpoint it'd help me out a lot. I'm not too fussed about it, although I would like to get to the bottom of it and figure out what I am once and for all. :)

Thanks!

bluemonday

MBTI Type
XXTP
Enneagram
7w8
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Well, in general I'm a very skeptical person and I tend to question most things I'm told. But there was also the fact that there are 15 other types I could potentially be, so I decided to look into them and how they work. Part of it was also that I didn't want to be wrong either.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I would love to be influential, to change the world for the better, and because I'm pretty smart in multiple aspects, why not use my mind for good? Logically I realize I can't fix everything, but maybe I could be the person to discover the cure to a deadly, currently incurable disease. Or I could write a self help book and make people see the world differently. I don't know how I want to do it, all I really know is that I want to change things in some way

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I haven't gotten there yet.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Having my (good, well thought out) ideas shut down, not being listened to, being underestimated, people doubting my intelligence, just to name the main things

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

When in a calm state I usually carefully think about how the decision could affect my future and how I want it to be affected. Under stress however I tend not to weigh my decisions at all and am very impulsive.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I'm usually thinking of better ways to get things done and having whatever I come up with implemented when I think I've got something good. I need to have at least partial involvement in the outcome but I don't mind some assistance.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Probably earlier this week when I met up with some of my friends to work on a comic we're making together. I helped to come up with the plot and some ideas for character designs while my friends worked on the writing of the story and the art. It was a lot of fun and a creative outlet which is always good for me.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I tend to grasp things fairly quickly and easily by learning things independently and without restriction.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Internally, I like to think that my thoughts are very well organized. Everything else...not so much...I don't care about organizing the external world as much as I do keeping my internal world's cool.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I take it into consideration and try to look at the idea from a few different viewpoints to see if it makes any sense and if it doesn't, I try to re-imagine it and explain it in a way that does to me.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

This is a tough question because while I do value my individuality and staying true to my beliefs I do care about others and I like to make sure everyone is fine and well. So I guess you could say both but in different ways

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I'm very careful about making sure I say what I want to say, I don't like to sound like I don't know what I'm talking about, so definitely think before I speak. If I don't I usually end up sounding ridiculous and/or offending somebody unintentionally.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

It all depends on my mood. I tend to jump right into action the majority of the time, and yes, I do believe it does speak louder than words. All talk doesn't get anybody anywhere.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I already have my show recorded just in case something like this came up.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Impulsive, easily irritable, reckless, detached, unsure of myself, caring too much about what others think.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I try not to be too harsh and see the good in everyone but I CANNOT stand to be around people who are extremely stubborn and refuse to take other people's viewpoints into consideration, and people who are overly pretentious, bossy, and/or condescending.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Anything aside from small talk. I particularly love talking science and politics, almost obsessively.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

I don't pay close attention to my relationships with people or to mundane responsibilities

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I've been told that I come off as cold, blunt, and uncaring a lot of the time. I'm not, I'm just not the best with expressing emotion. They would never say that I'm judgmental, though as I try to take their feelings into consideration particularly when they're going through a problem.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I usually spend days like this on the internet for hours where I'm free to explore my interests, run my blog, and keep in touch with my friends.

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm getting vibes of low Fe, probably tertiary or inferior, and I'm feeling the Ti.
So I think a Ti/Fe type of some sort.
I'm not as good as recognizing different kinds of intuition and sensing.
My guess based on what I can figure out from your answers would make me think some kind of xNTP, though that's just my guess.

bluemonday

MBTI Type
XXTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm getting vibes of low Fe, probably tertiary or inferior, and I'm feeling the Ti.
So I think a Ti/Fe type of some sort.
I'm not as good as recognizing different kinds of intuition and sensing.
My guess based on what I can figure out from your answers would make me think some kind of xNTP, though that's just my guess.

I'm not too certain about intuition or sensing either. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm an XXTP type, leaning more towards XSTP although I realize I could be wrong.

What makes you say N?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not too certain about intuition or sensing either. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm an XXTP type, leaning more towards XSTP although I realize I could be wrong.

What makes you say N?

I don't see many signs of either Si or Se. I'm not as good at determining S/N functions, but I'll give it a shot.

Here are a few questions for you to try and determine the S/N functions. They're not all that great but its a start lol. We can build up from there.

-When doing a common task (like driving to work or something), do you like to go by the routine (same way every time), or try something new? Why?
-Are you more of a conventional person, or do you like to experience many new things that may be considered unconventional?
-Are you more likely to start a bunch of things and finish few of them, or are you more likely to come up with one solid idea and see it through to completion?

bluemonday

MBTI Type
XXTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't see many signs of either Si or Se. I'm not as good at determining S/N functions, but I'll give it a shot.

Here are a few questions for you to try and determine the S/N functions. They're not all that great but its a start lol. We can build up from there.

-When doing a common task (like driving to work or something), do you like to go by the routine (same way every time), or try something new? Why?
-Are you more of a conventional person, or do you like to experience many new things that may be considered unconventional?
-Are you more likely to start a bunch of things and finish few of them, or are you more likely to come up with one solid idea and see it through to completion?

I feel like I'm Se dominant.

To answer your questions:
-I usually do something new or complete the task in a different way each time, if that makes sense? Routine frustrates and bores me, I've always had problems sticking to a schedules and I don't like repeating things more than a few times if I consider it unnecessary to.

-Most people don't describe me as a very conventional person. I was always known as a "weird" kid in school. I do like to experience new things, both conventional and not, but I find myself more attracted to eccentricity.

-I start a ton of things at once, forget about them, never finish them, then start new things again, eventually get bored, and then move on. An example of this: I almost couldn't follow through with filling out the questionnaire for this the whole way and nearly went to go watch YouTube videos instead, ha.

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like I'm Se dominant.

To answer your questions:
-I usually do something new or complete the task in a different way each time, if that makes sense? Routine frustrates and bores me, I've always had problems sticking to a schedules and I don't like repeating things more than a few times if I consider it unnecessary to.

-Most people don't describe me as a very conventional person. I was always known as a "weird" kid in school. I do like to experience new things, both conventional and not, but I find myself more attracted to eccentricity.

-I start a ton of things at once, forget about them, never finish them, then start new things again, eventually get bored, and then move on. An example of this: I almost couldn't follow through with filling out the questionnaire for this the whole way and nearly went to go watch YouTube videos instead, ha.

You don't sound Se dominant to me at all, in fact you sound a lot more like an N of some sort. I definitely think you're a T and to be that and an Se dom you would have to be an ESTP. I'm not seeing that at all. I agree with Ti and Fe and I'm inclined to think ENTP based on that. Which would actually make you the opposite, an Ne dom (like me! join the party) but of course I could be wrong. What are your reasons for thinking Se dom?

bluemonday

MBTI Type
XXTP
Enneagram
7w8
You don't sound Se dominant to me at all, in fact you sound a lot more like an N of some sort. I definitely think you're a T and to be that and an Se dom you would have to be an ESTP. I'm not seeing that at all. I agree with Ti and Fe and I'm inclined to think ENTP based on that. Which would actually make you the opposite, an Ne dom (like me! join the party) but of course I could be wrong. What are your reasons for thinking Se dom?

When I think about it, I actually don't really know why I feel that way. I'm pretty sure I'm just basing it off of the fact I fit some ESTP stereotypes and taking into consideration the fact that sensing types are more common so there's the higher likelihood of me being one.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, I am inclined to guess ENTP. :)

bluemonday

MBTI Type
XXTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hmm, I am inclined to guess ENTP. :)

After giving it a lot of thought and doing heaps of research about ENTPs and their functions, I actually think you may be right, however I do still see INTP as a possibility as well. Do you by any chance know of how I can figure out whether or not I'm Ne or Ti dominant? o:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
intp 6-influenced.

answer to #3 is a potential whammy.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
After giving it a lot of thought and doing heaps of research about ENTPs and their functions, I actually think you may be right, however I do still see INTP as a possibility as well. Do you by any chance know of how I can figure out whether or not I'm Ne or Ti dominant? o:

find the inferior. the one that drains you the most but whose mastery will "solve" you.
separate it from the tertiary. the one you aspire to and can emulate with effort but may not have complete control cover. infantile. temperamental.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
To figure out whether you're Ne or Ti dominant, you will need to either figure out which one is automatic and natural and which one is more objectively used, or whether you are inferior Fe or Si. Inferior functions are either hated, or are compulsively and obsessively used in a negative way. For example, A tertiary Fe may view Fe as just a useful function that can be utilized when needed, but an inferior Fe would view Fe as a burden, or perhaps as something they desire obsessively but lack. When I was a teenager I was obsessed with my past to the point of making bad decisions because of it and lashing out at people whenever the past was brought up. That's a sign of inferior Si. Tertiary Si however, would view Si as less of a burden and more of a valuable tool, but they won't be guided by it like SJs are. I would determine whether you view cultural norms as an evil or whether you view your past in that sense. And remember that if the function is not in your stack, you will give no craps about that function. As Fi, I don't care what other people are doing as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to do to help those people. If you have no opinion towards Fe or Si, you may want to reconsider your type.

bluemonday

MBTI Type
XXTP
Enneagram
7w8
To figure out whether you're Ne or Ti dominant, you will need to either figure out which one is automatic and natural and which one is more objectively used, or whether you are inferior Fe or Si. Inferior functions are either hated, or are compulsively and obsessively used in a negative way. For example, A tertiary Fe may view Fe as just a useful function that can be utilized when needed, but an inferior Fe would view Fe as a burden, or perhaps as something they desire obsessively but lack. When I was a teenager I was obsessed with my past to the point of making bad decisions because of it and lashing out at people whenever the past was brought up. That's a sign of inferior Si. Tertiary Si however, would view Si as less of a burden and more of a valuable tool, but they won't be guided by it like SJs are. I would determine whether you view cultural norms as an evil or whether you view your past in that sense. And remember that if the function is not in your stack, you will give no craps about that function. As Fi, I don't care what other people are doing as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to do to help those people. If you have no opinion towards Fe or Si, you may want to reconsider your type.

Figuring it out by the tertiary and inferior functions really helped a lot, thanks! With regard to Si, I don't see much of it in me, I rarely bring it into use unless it's being forced on me or if I'm under immense amounts of stress, as thinking about/referencing the past and having to abide by rules/routine exhausts me and often causes me to lash out in the same way that you described. As for Fe, I don't use as often/well as Ti or Ne but you can definitely tell it's there especially when one gets to know me on a personal level. Compared to Si, it's the lower function that comes more naturally to me although sometimes I use it for bad instead of good, but that may be just because I haven't developed it well enough yet.

What would you say I am based off of this?

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Glad I could help :) now that you know your type, you can learn more about yourself and use that knowledge to help others find their type or maybe just improve yourself as a person :)
Figuring it out by the tertiary and inferior functions really helped a lot, thanks! With regard to Si, I don't see much of it in me, I rarely bring it into use unless it's being forced on me or if I'm under immense amounts of stress, as thinking about/referencing the past and having to abide by rules/routine exhausts me and often causes me to lash out in the same way that you described. As for Fe, I don't use as often/well as Ti or Ne but you can definitely tell it's there especially when one gets to know me on a personal level. Compared to Si, it's the lower function that comes more naturally to me although sometimes I use it for bad instead of good, but that may be just because I haven't developed it well enough yet.

What would you say I am based off of this?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ti/Fe

ENTP(since you claim extroversion) or INTP

only read op, not sure if this was covered