• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not sure if I'm an infj

gjvand09

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
I've always thought I was an infj, and I'm still pretty sure I am, but sometimes I second guess myself because I have typed as other things too.
Can some one help me figure this out?

rmrf

I'll try type you, can you please provide some more info. What other things have you typed as? What reasons made you think you're an INFJ? Briefly describe yourself.

gjvand09

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I'm a lot different than I was a few years ago when I first took the test. I would always type as an infj, but now I usually type as an intj. I don't really feel like I fit the full description of either, but I have a hard time believing I'm an intj, mostly because of how I was growing up.

I was always pretty emotional and sensitive, and cared about what people thought about me.

Now, I have been through some things that I have realized changed the way I behave around other people. I don't care as much anymore, and I feel more confident in who I am. I have actively tried to control my emotions, and be more logical about my decision making.
I wonder if I am maybe just developing my ti more because of that.

I don't really hang out with anyone. I'm married, and get my fill from my family mostly.

I have a hard time understanding te vs ti and fe vs fi.

I think that would help me understand more if I am a feeling or thinking type.

My mom is an estj and although she is very emotional, she doesn't have patience for other people's emotions. She is very considerate and appropriate, but she is very task oriented, and by default is more focused of getting things done than how everyone feels.
(The reason I'm not quite sure if I'm a feeling type is because I can also be very much this way too)

She and I are very different too. She tells me I read into things too much, or get too passionate about certain things and has a hard time taking me seriously. I don't know if that would be my n vs her s though.

Let me know what you think. Feel free to ask questions as well.