• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTP or ESTJ? Help me determine my bf's type, pwease

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So after almost a year dating, the man thinks he is ISTJ and I sort of agree.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is clear now. ESTJ - the type that INFPs fear the most.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An ESTJ who does this?:

These strike me as very much not Te-dom behaviors.

He doesn't like to be disliked by anybody in his social circle, therefore, (bitterly) agreeing to do things for / with people even if he doesn't really want to, or withholding his snarky comments would be his choice of manners. He needs to be liked by people. I don't think ISTJ really cares about this.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meow is right. Te doms are good at saying no. They are the stone cold folks of mbti.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is clear now. ESTJ - the type that INFPs fear the most.

He could be an ESTJ. I was with an ESTJ (3) for a year and he didn't fit the stereotypes. He very ambitious but not bossy or loud. Very....proper. That is the right word.

He was funny and charming. He was a Police Officer. Registered Democrat (bucking that stereotype) but wasn't all about "rules". More like, this is my job. He had an internal wound up energy to him, so I wouldn't describe him as relaxed but he was easy going and non-argumentative. Neurotic about cleanliness tho.

I had him take the quiz and he was ESTJ but J was his lowest score. So what was ur guy's lowest score when taking the quiz?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He doesn't like to be disliked by anybody in his social circle, therefore, (bitterly) agreeing to do things for / with people even if he doesn't really want to, or withholding his snarky comments would be his choice of manners. He needs to be liked by people. I don't think ISTJ really cares about this.

Istj does it, and I could kinda equate to being like...but reverse of it just makes things smoother. Easier to do introvert feelings, then extrovert thinking, not that they can't extrovert thinking. But ISTJ will be much more split between 2 with lean towards introverted feeling. My ex father-in-law is ESTJ. My uncle is ESTP. Big difference. Both vocal, ESTJ is more serious tone, ESTP is a lot of smiles and playful. ESTJ is quick to judge, ESTP is quick to "that's just the way he is".

Similar differences between ISTP and ISTJ. ISTJ is more controlled by his environment, while and ISTP is less controlled by it. Dom S vs Dom T. But a Dom T is completely involved mentally with the environment instead of sensory.

Dom seems to be the " control" delegating out to himself or other functions. He has his main functions, and then those that butt in.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He could be an ESTJ. I was with an ESTJ (3) for a year and he didn't fit the stereotypes. He very ambitious but not bossy or loud. Very....proper. That is the right word.
[...]
I had him take the quiz and he was ESTJ but J was his lowest score. So what was ur guy's lowest score when taking the quiz?
His lowest score was the E-I, about 60-40.

ISTJ is more controlled by his environment
Could you please explain this a bit more for me / give me some examples?

This man, he likes taking charge, enjoys leadership, values setting framework, guidelines and procedures for others. He can be quite bossy when he's with people he's very close to. When we get together, he talks 70% of the time. He often interrupts me when I speak (probably he tries not to do the same with other people out of politeness).

Does this sound like ISTJ?