• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Definitive personality typing

meduhsinman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I've been typed as INTJ more often than not, though I have also been tagged as ISTJ and INTP. All three of these types have certain aspects that I can relate to, though being one who has a tendency to slap labels on things, I'm inclined to ask the audience.

I know without a doubt that I am introverted. I do not understand social norms, flattery, and outright lies that accompany these things, and the day I participate in them will be the day that I have lost my mind.
Though I am reserved in what I say, I do have a breaking point, in which I will unleash all hell against the status quo if I find it to be feeble.

I don't mind authority, if authority has reason. If it is merely used for strutting around, giving no thought to those that are submissive to it, giving no thought to rationality or different angles of attack, and playing "boss," however, I will challenge it with use of logic; Be it by use of metaphors, or by challenging it directly. (Though I prefer metaphors.)

I can read people with -what they consider- terrifying accuracy. I go for the kill, and with a mixture of intuition, a knowledge of stereotyping, both body and spoken language analysis, and a bit of luck, I can bore into someone, and shine the light on their deepest thoughts and insecurities within minutes.

I have a natural inclination towards medicine, language, meteorology, biology, music, and counseling. Mathematically, I am not dyscalculic, but I have some sort of barrier that keeps me from seeing the logic in what looks like abstract idealism. IE, multiples of zero. If I multiply by nothing, how should it equate to nothing, when nothing was there to multiply by to begin with?

My love life is a wreck. I have a tendency to try to fix people with logic, and am often told that I have no feelings. I do have them, though I do not care for physical touching unless it is sexual. I see holding hands in public as a display for others, when others should have no inclination to be "into" my personal life. What do they care? It's akin to blasting Megadeth in your car to signify that you have a taste for good metal. No one cares!

I hate sports. Physical competition holds little interest to me, unless it's down and dirty combatives, which I teach on the side. I don't give a damn about points; I like results of well-trained accuracy and brutality, and the ability to overpower someone before they know that they are royally screwed.

I love details, but I love the overview as well. When I describe something, I tend to overview, then place the puzzle pieces into their slots, since many confuse what I am saying. I do not like vague things. I like to know what makes things tick, and I like to convey them as well. I believe vagueness is like a map without topography and a compass: You have a general idea, but when the ability to understand and improvise is lost, variables become your enemy.

I have a comfort in writing music, poetry, and books. I can come up with a seemingly interesting composition in all three, easily.

(For the less calculated part of
this...) I easily see patterns. I easily remember things. I can remember long strings of numbers. I am good at strategizing, though my meter is often empty in the luck department. I release feelings through music, writing, and strategic outlook regarding fighting. I am in my head more often than not. I have feelings, but I don't know how to show them in ways that most people can relate to. I am seen as cold, but I often try to help people. I cannot stand someone who
does not question the status quo, because I see them as blind followers. I hate flaky people. I hate superficial behavior. If I'm going to express myself on a topic, I find that I am more a dump truck than a spoon. I do not always think I am right, though some would disagree. I am an exceptional liar, though I prefer telling the truth.

This should be enough information. Type my personality, please.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INTJ ISTJ INTP

Someone with a better grasp of Ni vs Si will need to tease out the rest.

meduhsinman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I've silently narrowed it down to these two. They both appeal to me far more than INTP, though when testing, I seem to be quite balanced. It depends on the situation, though, and specifics are everything when analysis is the microscope through which things are viewed.

meduhsinman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
To add to this, I have always wanted someone I can truly connect with intellectually. I would value a partner who "gets me," and in that circumstance, I believe I could be romantic with her, only after all the other pieces have found their place.

I am not often organized in my home life, but with work, I am anal about categorization, and the harmony of it. I like fluid motion. Let's take an illustration into the mix.

If I were to be in a situation where I found myself in a hostile, urban or rural environment, my strategic view would be as such: What am I fighting? What are their capabilities? What resources do I have at hand? What resources do I need? What is the layout? In this layout, where could I find sources of needed sustainment, weaponry, and information in as little cost to me or my accompaniment as possible?

What am I willing to pass by or sacrifice in order to obtain something? If I am traveling with a group, where does individual knowledge base apply, and where can I use it most effectively in the here and now, or the future? What are my long term goals? Who can I trust? Who is applying toxic thinking to me or my party?

If the need arises, who can I trust to lead? If the need arises, will I have the influence and rapport of the group to take one down who would be a terrible leader? Who can I train to scout, to heal, and to fight, if not all three at once? Who is knowledgeable? Who is ignorant? Who is teachable? Who can I learn from? Who has another way that I may not know? Who is better with people than I am? Who is influential in either a negative or positive way? Et cetera, et cetera.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The way you communicate and express yourself puts me in mind of a younger INTJ but I imagine you're looking for something more objectively measurable than an "imo" which, interestingly enough, might confirm the Te but says nothing about the perceiving preference.

While doing some typology bedtime reading I stumbled across this interesting thread where several attempts were made to distinguish between Ni and Si via various metaphors and scenarios. Perhaps it will be of interest to you: www.typologycentral.com/forums/myer...-functions/52749-si-vs-ni-aint-tradition.html

meduhsinman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I suppose I would be considered younger since I am 24. I doubt that would relegate me to the inept and delusional categories, though. I am young and I realize that, however I have a reasonable amount of experience in the fields I have mentioned. I will NEVER know everything. I will never be able to stand on a pedestal and proclaim intellectual prowess. I will, however, be able to claim gain on the ability to learn quickly, and from my mistakes, which counts for something at the least.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Younger in the sense that you probably still favor one orientation (introversion/extroversion) over the other and haven't fully integrated the alternate. It's based on a trend I've noticed where many people initially identify strongly with the introverted functions at the expense of the extroverted ones or vice versa. And also because the word immature has connotations that can be difficult to work around so i try to avoid it to prevent misunderstandings.

That's a winded way of saying your Se seems on the weaker side and you seem to have that Ni-Fi feedback I'm used to seeing in INTJs and ISFPs but I kinda doubt you're ISFP.

It still would be for the better to confirm this with people who have clearer access to Ni and Si than I do and can give a more detailed response than the sleepy conjectures I'm doing right now.

meduhsinman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
That doubt about ISFP is surely on the money. I know for a fact that I am definitely not one of them. I have little tolerance for ISFPs, and most "feelers" in general. (Though for some reason, despite their eccentricities, I find some ENFP girls to be utterly intoxicating.)

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's obvious you think you are an INTJ, but I do think you seem like any of the TJs. You don't show any reasons for being an introvert though. Te dom might be possible too, because there is a noticeable preference for thinking and signs of inferior feeling - you said you have little tolerance for Isfps :newwink: although if you really do think you are an introvert then you probably are.

meduhsinman

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't quite know what to make of it. I don't believe firmly that I'm an INTJ, it's just that I've typed out as INTJ 9 times out of 10, and every time it was with pretty distinct preferences, save for intuition and sensing, which are almost always nearly balanced. I wrote the majority of that last night after about 7 glasses of scotch, so some of that touchy-feely crap isn't normally there.

Quite a bit of the INTJ description seems to fit the bill with me, though I find that some of the ISTJ markers are present, too. I do know that on the subject of feeling vs. thinking, my way of negotiating through things is almost always directly tied to data. If I can't find proof of something, or if there is no logical basis for me to believe or do something, then I discard it as opinion. I don't like when people try to assert opinion as fact, and for those that do, I have a hard time listening to anything they have to say.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25989]meduhsinman[/MENTION] I can't help with MBTI (Enneagram is more my area of interest and knowledge), but found your thread interesting because I had the same, long Meyers Briggs struggle with one different variable-- F, not T.

I can tell you that you seem like a 4 wing though. I hope you reach a satisfactory conclusion, as I did after awhile.