• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe vs Fi (INFJ vs INFP)

What's My MBTI?

• Total voters

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]

I don't see myself as a likely INTJ anymore, but I think INFJ is just as unlikely because my Feeling is so obviously directed inward. Count how many times I use "I" in a post.

Yes, I do use Fe-like arguments occasionally (i.e. individuals must be prepared to make a sacrifice for the greater good), but I don't feel emotionally connected to this worldview, nor would I take it as far as a strong Fe user might and allow the ends to justify the means.
Imagine your stock xxFJ - they are hypersensitive to the states of others, whether real or imagined. They react to any offence as if it was their own, and to avoid stress must impose harmony in their environment. To me, authenticity is more important than popularity. INTJs, the Te/Fi users that they are, tend to share this view, but INFJs do not.

Also, you probably notice that I don't express empathy for others very often. This isn't because I don't care, but because I have to imagine the emotions/experiences they experienced myself before I can understand. While this is something I am good at, it can take a little while.

I think my personality is a little hard to accommodate, probably because of how people generally imagine an INFP male will express themselves (I think the stereotype would be Marius from Les Miserables). I just have so much more energy, more aggression.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see myself as a likely INTJ anymore, but I think INFJ is just as unlikely because my Feeling is so obviously directed inward. Count how many times I use "I" in a post.

Yes, I do use Fe-like arguments occasionally (i.e. individuals must be prepared to make a sacrifice for the greater good), but I don't feel emotionally connected to this worldview, nor would I take it as far as a strong Fe user might and allow the ends to justify the means.
Imagine your stock xxFJ - they are hypersensitive to the states of others, whether real or imagined. They react to any offence as if it was their own, and to avoid stress must impose harmony in their environment. To me, authenticity is more important than popularity. INTJs, the Te/Fi users that they are, tend to share this view, but INFJs do not.

Also, you probably notice that I don't express empathy for others very often. This isn't because I don't care, but because I have to imagine the emotions/experiences they experienced myself before I can understand. While this is something I am good at, it can take a little while.

I think my personality is a little hard to accommodate, probably because of how people generally imagine an INFP male will express themselves (I think the stereotype would be Marius from Les Miserables). I just have so much more energy, more aggression.
I will be interested to see what comments others post here. I see your point about Fi vs. Fe. Still, you just don't seem like a P-type, but as I wrote before, I don't know you that well. As for Marius, I always considered him ISFP, but that is another discussion. FWIW, and since you brought up Les Miserables, the character I would say you are most like is Enjolras, except that he seems E rather than I (sometimes typed as ENFJ).

Jaguar

Also, you probably notice that I don't express empathy for others very often.

Have a look at this exchange involving five people:

INFJ said:
Any crime that shows a person to be a degenerate and a burden on the species should warrant the death penalty. I think if you get arrested for DUI twice, you should be killed; why should you, someone who is clearly a danger to people around you, be allowed to exist?

INFJ said:
If they have a drinking problem and can be helped, then yes, the death penalty would be unnecessary. But if they aren't alcoholics and just drive drunk without consideration for other people for fun or some other reason, I don't see any problem with killing them.

INFJ said:
I don't understand why the people responsible are still alive. Their very existence is a drain on society. Since they did this, they cannot be trusted to not do it again. Rehabilitation will not work, and living behind bars for the rest of their lives will require taxpayer support. Why should a society support someone who is a danger to that same society? This is ludicrous. I say, without any "revenge" type of mentality, quitely and discretely execute them and be done with it. I don't see any moral or ethical problems with this.

**** said:
You either need to rephrase/rethink your words/opinions more carefully, or you're a troll. People need only be killed when they are an extreme danger to other people, not simply because they are a slight burden. Hell by that logic the lazy and those dependent on the community should be killed too.

**** said:
No, that doesn't make him a troll. he's merely expressing an unpopular opinion.

**** said:
How about executing people who wear ugly hats?

You know they're never going to change.
Since they wore that ugly hat once, we cannot trust them ever again, and we will have to live in fear of them wearing that ugly hat, again.

So, let's just get it over with.

Since the crime was committed on top of the head, I propose we resurrect the old guillotine and simply cut off their head.
Think of all the taxpayer money we can save by not sending them to prison.

**** said:
That's a great idea.
Cuz there is nothing worse to look at in this world than an ugly hat.
Heads should roll.

INFJ said:
An ugly hat doesn't endanger the life and well being of others.

**** said:
Of course it does.

Why, I've seen ugly hats induce vomiting. One person vomited so violently, they had a stroke right on the sidewalk, and died.
Now, I will not stand for society to carry this burden on its shoulders. We must execute these people who wear ugly hats.

I proposed the guillotine be used, and all we need is some Windex to clean off the blade.
If we act quickly after the head has been cut off, clean-up can be done in a jiffy.

Btw, that "empathetic" and "popular" INFJ got tempbanned for a long period of time, and never returned. ;)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Btw, that "empathetic" and "popular" INFJ got tempbanned for a long period of time, and never returned. ;)

Hmm, interesting. I notice INFJs - hell, NJs in general - tend to be quite opinionated, and when Fe is involved often feel like whatever their view may be they are acting in the best interest of others (even if we don't understand why - yet (Ni)). However there's a really mean-spirited edge to those comments you posted that I don't relate to. I see myself as more playfully iconoclastic - were I to make a comment like that it probably would be me trolling someone, or at least playing Devil's Advocate for my own curiosity.

So, here's a challenge: I would like to see people find examples of me supposedly using Ni-Fe. Re-post them here.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I find it difficult to imagine you as an INFJ. What's wrong with INTJ anyway?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION]

Hmm... I'm assuming you're set on IEI as your type in Socionics. In which case, does it really matter if you don't relate to INFJ or INTJ? If you had an MBTI type settled, would it add any more information about you that IEI didn't already cover?

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Um I don't think OP is INTJ or INFJ.

His dominant function isn't Ni, it's something else. A good example of an INTJ is a fictional character Hercule Poirot. And a good example of an INFJ is Criss Angel. I think both of them are good examples of how Ni doms are like.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Hmm... I'm assuming you're set on IEI as your type in Socionics. In which case, does it really matter if you don't relate to INFJ or INTJ? If you had an MBTI type settled, would it add any more information about you that IEI didn't already cover?

The IEI-Ni profile resonates with me: Socionics Types: IEI-INFp Subtypes. People who know me more on here probably won't be surprised why, if they read it.

An issue has always been that on the J/P dichotomy I am right in the middle, with no preference either way, and as far as I know there isn't a direct relationship between MBTI and Socionics types. Also I can relate to both Ni and Ne-ish cognition (though I feel Ne more). For this reason I think figuring out whether I am a Fi or Fe user is going to be the key to discovering my true type.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The idea that I should have to change myself for somebody I don't love is very jarring. My opposition to PC and speech codes are largely apolitical in nature, and stem from this desire for limitless self-expression. While temperance and co-operation are obviously important to succeeding in life, at a fundamental level authenticity must take priority over harmony for me to feel happy.

Probably the most controversial, fascinating example of this is my opposition to my cousin's interracial marriage. Privately, many people in the family have expressed concerns about it to me, but I am the only one who has been consistent and told my cousin I won't be at her wedding. I also have no intention of meeting her should she travel here with her husband-to-be. While I don't deny she has a right to marry who she loves, I also have a right not to support her decision and voice that.

Thus I resent two things: firstly the expectation she has that however people feel about her choices, we should fake approval because she's family. This is enough for many people when confronted, but I don't believe doing something just out of duty is honest or good. I have also lost a lot of respect for my family as a result of how dishonest they've been to her, all because of loyalty and a desire to avoid conflict at all costs. I would feel ashamed by the cowardice of not owning my feelings.

If ^ is not Fi, what is?

Duffy

Probably the most controversial, fascinating example of this is my opposition to my cousin's interracial marriage. Privately, many people in the family have expressed concerns about it to me, but I am the only one who has been consistent and told my cousin I won't be at her wedding. I also have no intention of meeting her should she travel here with her husband-to-be.

Why do you disapprove of interracial marriages?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION], from what Ive noticed, when someone is unsure about a the orientation of a function, they usually have the extroverted. This because extroverted functions tend to "stomp" on the same function introverted, so usually when a user here has an introverted function, they are very sure they have it, because they feel "offended" or "stomped on" metaphorically be another user with the same function directed outwards. I dont know if what I wrote is clear.
I mean to say that if you are unsure between Ni and Ne, you probably are Ne, because if you were Ni you would have felt that Ne is too superficial and doesnt take the time to consider your type of intuition.So you would automatically know you're Ni.
See what I mean?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Why do you disapprove of interracial marriages?

I have explained why extensively in other threads. No derailing, thanks.

I chose to mention it because I wanted to use the most controversial example I could think of.

EDIT: I see you are new here. Sorry if I sounded a bit irritated - that was more a reaction to older members who are too lazy to search. You are welcome to PM me if you want to know more about my views and why I hold them.

Duffy

Relating back to the OP, I see you as similar to Hard, who made a thread a while ago .... something about not behaving like a certain type.

Have you seen his thread? Do you relate to him? You seem kinda SJ-ish to me, and strong 1-ish characteristics > black n white thinking. What do you think about type 1?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Relating back to the OP, I see you as similar to Hard, who made a thread a while ago .... something about not behaving like a certain type.

Have you seen his thread? Do you relate to him? You seem kinda SJ-ish to me, and strong 1-ish characteristics > black n white thinking. What do you think about type 1?

Hard and I do seem to clash a lot, and yes E1 is in my tritype but it isn't first in the order. I think our main points of difference are in what drives us: I am much more concerned with authenticity, whereas he is with harmony. I am always conscious of trying to distinguish myself, so love the extreme, intense and melodramatic. I enjoy controversy to the point of impulsively looking for it sometimes (something he admits he can't understand) as the mundane is one of my greatest fears.

If you look at my test results, and my posting style/language use, you'd see that I don't use Si very well and have hardly any Se at all. I notice you are new here - somehow I get the feeling that you might be making the mistake of stereotyping me based on my political views.

As an aside to quickly dispel this: There is indeed a correlation between political ideology and type (the "Openness" trait), but it actually isn't between liberals and conservatives - it is between radicals and moderates. If you want to find a hive of NFs surf through RevLeft for a while. For NTs go to Stormfront.

Duffy

Hard and I do seem to clash a lot, and yes E1 is in my tritype but it isn't first in the order.

If you look at my test results, and my posting style/language use, you'd see that I don't use Si very well and have hardly any Se at all. I notice you are new here: somehow I get the feeling that you might be making the mistake of stereotyping me based on my political views.

As an aside to quickly dispel this: There is indeed a correlation between political ideology and type (the "Openness" trait), but it actually isn't between liberals and conservatives - it is between radicals and moderates. If you want to find a hive of NFs surf through RevLeft for a while. For NTs go to Stormfront.

I read once most people on there are INTJs. That was interesting. Anyways, yea maybe stereotyping a bit. I do understand why others see you as FJ though. I'm sure you don't share the same views as Hard, but you both seem to have a similar thinking style.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
I read once most people on there are INTJs. That was interesting. Anyways, yea maybe stereotyping a bit. I do understand why others see you as FJ though. I'm sure you don't share the same views as Hard, but you both seem to have a similar thinking style.

If by that you mean he isn't inclined to hide his views, then yes. However, there are a couple of other members who I'd put into that category as well. They keep me entertained ;)

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The idea that I should have to change myself for somebody I don't love is very jarring. My opposition to PC and speech codes are largely apolitical in nature, and stem from this desire for limitless self-expression. While temperance and co-operation are obviously important to succeeding in life, at a fundamental level authenticity must take priority over harmony for me to feel happy.

Probably the most controversial, fascinating example of this is my opposition to my cousin's interracial marriage. Privately, many people in the family have expressed concerns about it to me, but I am the only one who has been consistent and told my cousin I won't be at her wedding. I also have no intention of meeting her should she travel here with her husband-to-be. While I don't deny she has a right to marry who she loves, I also have a right not to support her decision and voice that.

Thus I resent two things: firstly the expectation she has that however people feel about her choices, we should fake approval because she's family. This is enough for many people when confronted, but I don't believe doing something just out of duty is honest or good. I have also lost a lot of respect for my family as a result of how dishonest they've been to her, all because of loyalty and a desire to avoid conflict at all costs. I would feel ashamed by the cowardice of not owning my feelings.

If ^ is not Fi, what is?

Wait, you think you're an Fi dom?