• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my (official) personality type?

MBTI Type
INFP
I've tended to linger back and forth between personality types over the past few years, and through time have noticed these patterns in my behavior:

-I excessively idealize my relationships with other people , which leads me to place others upon too high of a pedestal at times (or eventually have my heart broken once they've failed to live up to my "ideal" of them).

-I find myself envisioning future events that are decades away, whether it be the day I get engaged/married, graduate college with my diploma and begin my career, or finally move on my own into an apartment in the city of my choice. I have an idea as to where I'd like to be several years from now, but not an established plan in life- in other words, I have so many dreams I want to actualize into realities, but no means as to how to get there.

-I'm very inquisitive when first meeting someone and occasionally overwhelm people when asking them about themselves. I quickly want to establish a certain level of intimacy and trust in a relationship, and the lonely days I've encountered seem unbearable at times, as I try to have the other person's guard fade away. I immediately want to know everything about a person and am perhaps a little curious to a fault, which causes me to have issues understanding the other person's boundaries.

-I have an image of myself healing people that I want to embrace. I see myself as being responsive and empathetic toward others so long as I feel comfortable interacting with them, and seldom will I be intolerant of people who seem "deviant" or too different from the norm.

-I have a hard time judging people or faulting them for their mistakes when I myself am not perfect. I'm well aware of my limitations of a person and have never seen myself as superior to others, so I am relatively flexible when it comes to dealing with society. Never will I be completely shocked or appalled if you reveal your darkest secrets to me, for I have my own cross to bear and a large number of imperfections that I know of.

-I see myself as a peregrine... a wanderer gliding aimlessly onto new territories with little direction in life as of now. It bothers me that I have yet to discover what my true niche is or quite understand what I'm supposed to offering the world with my own share of undiscovered talents. I need to know who I am in order to thrive, but feel I'm lacking the proper "resources" or appropriate circumstances to allow me to figure out who I'm meant to be (I feel inhibited by having to still live my parents at age 19).

-I speak analogously in regards to myself and relate to the world through metaphors all the time, because it's the easiest way for me to communicate confusing thoughts that otherwise seem jumbled. I stumble quite a bit when I have to say what I mean literally, but can convey my message more clearly when I make comparisons or find connections between two ideas or separate realities.

-I seem a little shy and awkward when talking to large groups of people I don't know, but can speak for long periods of time during intimate one-on-one discussions that come from the heart. I am all for discussing ideas, feelings, or concepts with people, but have trouble with small talk or even light conversation (which make me feel "forced" and inauthentic).

-Cliché as it may be, I wear my heart on my sleeve and am always exposed vulnerably to other people. Some tend to be good at masquerading their emotions beneath a pokerfaced façade, yet I am a terrible liar and can't tell you something I don't feel with my heart.

-I enjoy abstract concepts such as philosophy and astronomy (or metaphysics, more specifically), have a keen interest in the arts & humanities (English, psychology, history, geography, linguistics, etc.) and am fascinated by both spirituality and the esoteric. My individual hobbies however involve either self-expression (drawing, photography & film, blogging, journaling) or solitude (online research, people-watching, etc.)

-I seek mainly to be heard and understood, which I struggle to find in a society that focuses mostly on things that don't concern matters of the heart.

dog

MBTI Type
infp
wow. whatEVER you are, i surely am. ..i'm pretty sure i'm infp (but i am sorta new at this). .. you will probably think i'm just flattering you, but the only thing you wrote that i cant identify with is you living with your parents at 19. I'm living with sister at 50 lol. ....you're infp.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hello, you appear to be another self-described INFx. Have you seen this video before:

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've tended to linger back and forth between personality types over the past few years, and through time have noticed these patterns in my behavior:

-I excessively idealize my relationships with other people , which leads me to place others upon too high of a pedestal at times (or eventually have my heart broken once they've failed to live up to my "ideal" of them).

-I find myself envisioning future events that are decades away, whether it be the day I get engaged/married, graduate college with my diploma and begin my career, or finally move on my own into an apartment in the city of my choice. I have an idea as to where I'd like to be several years from now, but not an established plan in life- in other words, I have so many dreams I want to actualize into realities, but no means as to how to get there.

-I'm very inquisitive when first meeting someone and occasionally overwhelm people when asking them about themselves. I quickly want to establish a certain level of intimacy and trust in a relationship, and the lonely days I've encountered seem unbearable at times, as I try to have the other person's guard fade away. I immediately want to know everything about a person and am perhaps a little curious to a fault, which causes me to have issues understanding the other person's boundaries.

-I have an image of myself healing people that I want to embrace. I see myself as being responsive and empathetic toward others so long as I feel comfortable interacting with them, and seldom will I be intolerant of people who seem "deviant" or too different from the norm.

-I have a hard time judging people or faulting them for their mistakes when I myself am not perfect. I'm well aware of my limitations of a person and have never seen myself as superior to others, so I am relatively flexible when it comes to dealing with society. Never will I be completely shocked or appalled if you reveal your darkest secrets to me, for I have my own cross to bear and a large number of imperfections that I know of.

-I see myself as a peregrine... a wanderer gliding aimlessly onto new territories with little direction in life as of now. It bothers me that I have yet to discover what my true niche is or quite understand what I'm supposed to offering the world with my own share of undiscovered talents. I need to know who I am in order to thrive, but feel I'm lacking the proper "resources" or appropriate circumstances to allow me to figure out who I'm meant to be (I feel inhibited by having to still live my parents at age 19).

-I speak analogously in regards to myself and relate to the world through metaphors all the time, because it's the easiest way for me to communicate confusing thoughts that otherwise seem jumbled. I stumble quite a bit when I have to say what I mean literally, but can convey my message more clearly when I make comparisons or find connections between two ideas or separate realities.

-I seem a little shy and awkward when talking to large groups of people I don't know, but can speak for long periods of time during intimate one-on-one discussions that come from the heart. I am all for discussing ideas, feelings, or concepts with people, but have trouble with small talk or even light conversation (which make me feel "forced" and inauthentic).

-Cliché as it may be, I wear my heart on my sleeve and am always exposed vulnerably to other people. Some tend to be good at masquerading their emotions beneath a pokerfaced façade, yet I am a terrible liar and can't tell you something I don't feel with my heart.

-I enjoy abstract concepts such as philosophy and astronomy (or metaphysics, more specifically), have a keen interest in the arts & humanities (English, psychology, history, geography, linguistics, etc.) and am fascinated by both spirituality and the esoteric. My individual hobbies however involve either self-expression (drawing, photography & film, blogging, journaling) or solitude (online research, people-watching, etc.)

-I seek mainly to be heard and understood, which I struggle to find in a society that focuses mostly on things that don't concern matters of the heart.

You sound like an IFP to me, but I'm not sure which type. I'm first guess would be ISFP, but I could be persuaded otherwise. Either way, your auxillary doesn't seem very developed. You seem to have a good idea of what is important to you (Fi) but little sense of how to go about getting it (weak Pi and Te). All that time you spend dreaming about what you want sounds like a typical Fi-Pi loop. I'm guessing ISFP because while youhave a lot of abstract interests, you don't do much in the way of extroverting them, while your extroverted hobbies seem more solid in nature.