• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my socionics type?

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
This is about my socionics type. I have tested as ILI-0 (INTp), LII-0 (INTj), and LII-1Ti (INTj), in that order. I mostly relate to INTp, but I've tested as INTj more than once as you can see. I've also seen other posters on personality forums including this one saying that INTj=INTP and vice versa, but when I look at the descriptions for both types, I interpret it as being INTp=INTP and the reverse. For some reason, I just can't seem to draw any parallels with the notion of j=P and p=J. I also haven't found any decent explanations of the -0 and -1Ti in the INTj results. Are 0s more balanced or something, and Tis more introverted thinkers? Perhaps I just don't understand socionics that well, but I believe that this confusion was my reason for favoring MBTI over it, no offense intended for sociolovers.

If you have any specific questions for me, I'll answer them :).

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You could try looking at the four Socionics Quadras to understand the types:
I don't believe there is an exact correlation between MBTI and socionics but I still think the j/p switches for introverted types.

Alpha = values Ti, Fe, Ne, Si
types in the alpha quadra include;
ILE ENTp
SEI ISFp
ESE ESFj
LII INTj

Beta = values Ti, Fe Ni, Se
EIE ENFj
LSI ISTj
SLE ESTp
IEI INFp

Gamma = values Fi, Te, Ni, Se
SEE ESFp
ILI INTp
LIE ENTj
ESI ISFj

Delta = values Fi, Te Te, Si
LSE ESTj
EII INFj
IEE ENFp
SLI ISTp

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I looked up the quadras and decided that I relate most to Alpha and Gamma. However, I share traits of both (Alpha: Discussing theoretical concepts for fun, valuing logical/personal value consistency; Gamma: eye-for-an-eye default mindset, don't mind ruining the peace as long as the truth gets out). I had the same confusion when I was typing myself using Myers-Briggs (INTP or INTJ?), and now it's like it's happening all over again. By the way, I frequently take on more Alpha or more Gamma like behaviors in synchronization with my mood, which is changeable, to say the least. When I feel like having fun, I usually switch to Alpha mode, and when I feel as if I can't take any more nonsense, I go into Gamma mode.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I looked up the quadras and decided that I relate most to Alpha and Gamma. However, I share traits of both (Alpha: Discussing theoretical concepts for fun, valuing logical/personal value consistency; Gamma: eye-for-an-eye default mindset, don't mind ruining the peace as long as the truth gets out). I had the same confusion when I was typing myself using Myers-Briggs (INTP or INTJ?), and now it's like it's happening all over again. By the way, I frequently take on more Alpha or more Gamma like behaviors in synchronization with my mood, which is changeable, to say the least. When I feel like having fun, I usually switch to Alpha mode, and when I feel as if I can't take any more nonsense, I go into Gamma mode.

If you feel that you relate most to both Alpha AND Gamma then you haven't gotten anywhere, because they are opposites. Alphas are most inclined to theoretical play and leisurely, comfortable environments of positive emotions. Gammas are inclined to independence, working hard on one's own initiative and harsh judgement of others.

These links might help: World Socionics: Quadra Values: Merry/Serious & Judicious/Decisive

World Socionics: A Very Abridged Introduction to Socionics

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
If you feel that you relate most to both Alpha AND Gamma then you haven't gotten anywhere, because they are opposites. Alphas are most inclined to theoretical play and leisurely, comfortable environments of positive emotions. Gammas are inclined to independence, working hard on one's own initiative and harsh judgement of others.

These links might help: World Socionics: Quadra Values: Merry/Serious & Judicious/Decisive

World Socionics: A Very Abridged Introduction to Socionics

After studying them a little bit more, I've concluded that I'm a Gamma, most likely. Thanks for your help.