• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If someone could help me figure out my type, that would be really awesome...please.

Incroyable33

I've become slightly obsessed with figuring out my type, and I'd like to get it settled...heck at least narrow down any functions so that I can move on with my life.:shrug:

Ok, so I disn't even know where to start with this, so I just copied someone else's question set.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Completely inconsistent behavior. It's as if I become an entirely different person depending on where I am and what I'm doing. Idk if that's just natural human behavior, but it's left me wondering which of these "personas" is just me being myself. For the sake of accuracy, I'll answer the following questions based on what I'm like around people that know me extremely well/I know won't go running.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want it all. Umm...well more specifically, it'd be awesome to get married and raise about five kids with the love of my life. That said, I'd never be willing to give up adventure and novelty. I want to see the world. And experience everything. I just think I'd enjoy it more if I found someone willing to come along for the ride.

Other than that, the usual...financial security, health, prosperity, success, yadda yadda.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Most recently, being elected student body president at school. I liked the feeling of accomplishment, and knowing that my peers saw me in such a positive light.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People putting me down.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I tend to overthink just about everything. So, probably all of the above. Before making a desicion I overthink, over analyze and think about how it will impact me and the people around sometimes years down the road. I like to look at every possible option and just work my way through each one.

As stated earlier, I've envisioned a certain life for myself, and like my decisions to be in-line with what that person is/will be.
....I guess this is also part of question one's answer.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Others will often just have me lead the project, but when they don't I don't necessarily object as long as my grade Isn't jeopardized.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I tend to have the most fun when traveling. My favorite travel experiences have been when I get to jam pack as many interesting activities as humanely possible with whatever time we have.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I dive right in. Every so often I find some new nerdy/intellectual pursuit that just obsessively captivates my mind. The ones that have lasted the longest were astronomy, ancient mythology, biology, cultural anthropology, geography and learning foreign languages.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Not as much as I should be. When something capture's my attention all else is forgotten about. Organization usually being first.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. I live for new ideas/plans. Even if they're unlikely to reach fruition. (In my mind they always will)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Belonging to any given group.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I always think before I speak and prefer group discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Actions speak more than words 100%. And the other question....umm both? I'm a mixture of super impulsive and super paranoid about making the right desicions.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Not a "night-life" kind of person. So I'd just ring up a more introverted friend to come watch the show with me.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I don't want to answer violently because that might give the wrong impression. I'll just say it's not a pretty sight.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When people are unnecessary rude or mean. When people are vapid, or too shallow. Feelings of superiority. And I don't tend to hang out too much with people that choose to indulge in too much risky-behavior (such as drugs, sex with strangers, etc.)

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Current events. Pop culture. Everyday life. I like it when people talk about what THEY love. They become so lively and emotive.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
The past.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I have no clue, honestly.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
It depends on my mood, really. It might be going to the beach and reading a good book. Then get in a round of kite-surfing. Rock climbing is always fun. Having friends over, cooking dinner and watching a bunch of movies. Ooh, if all of the above could be fit into one day that would be a blast!

••••••••••••••••••••••

If anyone took the time to read any of that, thank you so much! Just that means a lot to me.

I've scored so many different types depending on the test and my mood that I've lost count.

That being said,I always score 7w6 or 3w2 on all enneagram tests if that makes a difference.

Again, thank you!! Any help would be appreciated. Also, let me know if any additional information/clarification is needed. I'm desperate.

SwimmerGal97

ISFP? I'm only confident that you're a feeler, you are concerned with how people see you. You seem more comfortable whilst in the process of decision making so that's P. You don't know how you're friends percieve you is the biggest thing that turned me away from N, plus you're all 'forget the past I want experiences' which is S and as for I and E you seem pretty balanced. I'm being kinda subjective and stereotypical and going with ESFPs being the wild parties and that you are not, so ISFP! If I had to guess a second most likely I'd go ESFJ...responsible and family oriented...its hard to say without knowing you so youll have to use your judgememt

Incroyable33

Thank you for answering! :)
I could definitely see some sort of ExxJ with a 7 enneatype. I'm not sure I have the more laid-back attitude of ISFPs.

DreamBeliever

So just my possible thoughts...
1. Fe
2. E3, Ni, Se, E7
3.E3w2, Fe
4. Umm.. feeler?
5. Ti with some Fe & Ni
6. Extroverted
7. Se & E7
8. Se & maybe Ti
9. Slight J?
10. Se/Ne & maybe E7
11. Fe!!!
12. Umm... extroverted?
13. Se with some Ti & E6
14. Se lower in stack, possibly extroverted?
15. Stress line to E8? So E2?
16. Fe with lower Se
17. Fe & E2/E9
18. Really low Si
19. Not sure
20. Se & E7
Just a little break down. Pretty much my thinking while reading this.
Enneagram 3w2 7w6 9w(8?) maybe for you? :)

DreamBeliever

Oh, & welcome to the forum! Sorry about all my posts. I posted here by accident, when I meant to post to my thread. I'm just super tired, & my brain's scattered. I had to edit my post, so I decide to say welcome. Yeah, I hope that makes sense.

Incroyable33

[MENTION=24321]DreamBeliever[/MENTION]:wubbie::wubbie: You just blew my mind! Thank you, it's all so clear now..