• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tell me I am mistyped...

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, so lately everyone on the forum seems to be so sure I am mistyped. I just felt like I need to make this thread and ask you people why you think I am mistyped and explain what you think my type actually is.

The reason why I think I am an Ne type is because my greatest strength of all and probably my most characteristic feature is that I am really great at connecting things together, at putting pieces together and coming up with explanations about what they actually mean. And I thought this is Ne... I do it all the time even with the most banal things, I need to put things apart to see its pieces and then put then back together like a puzzle to see and explain their meaning. I am inclined to only look at what is inside of the objects and what's the puzzle about, at the why... The truth is my attention is not jumpy, I am not super optimistic about the possibilities and I see what's bad and missing inside of the object rather than what I could get from it, I search for change and how it could be seen or done differently. In explaining things however I am fairly straightforward, direct and get right to the point. Perhaps it's not Ne, so what function does that? This is really my most dominant feature so if you tell me what function this is or what combinations of functions you'll get my type.

I am aware of this to be my greatest strength and for those who think I am an Se... I am hyper unaware of my environment, usually the last one to notice any changes, usually the last one to react, usually the last one to notice what's going around, usually the last one to act, I hate and fear everything fast speed and dangerous... But yes... I like to join pleasurable, easy-going and light-hearted activities such as drinking with friends, going to concerts, listening to music or finding nice physical stimuli such as good food, nice views, or good wine and I tend to sometimes overindulge myself in what is physically pleasurable, because I like things to be fun and easy so I often escape from anything which is bad, frighting or unpleasant to the realms of mindless fun and party.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You're mistyped 😆😆😅

Actually you know more than us the only person I'd say is mistyped with confidence is not you but someone else

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're mistyped ������������������

Actually you know more than us the only person I'd say is mistyped with confidence is not you but someone else

Seems like 90% of the forum is so sure about it

Duffy

What do people type you as? I don't know you well, but in terms of type, I get xxFP 4w3-7w6 vibrations from your overall presentation.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
lol, of course not

- - - Updated - - -

ISFP, but I think I use minumun of Se
Yeah i think you're definitely fi and I've been called isfp and enfp but i know I'm most likely infp as if saw me irl I'm definitely an introvert and i don't mean shy or anxious but i need more time by myself than with people to feel alright. But they don't see you in action.

I am shy and anxious but that's not why i decided i was an i. It was even situations with people I'm comfortable around i still feel drained after a few hours and need to retreat to a quiet place

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol, of course not

- - - Updated - - -

ISFP, but I think I use minumun of Se

People are calling me ISFP, even. You and I both need to just stop with the need for affirmation. It's a 4 thing.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Sometimes it helps me to get back to the basic dichotomies (MBTI rather than JCF). Trying to use them together can be a bit confusing--I'm more INFP by functions, but could be ENFP with basic dichotomies.

So, that's what I would suggest. Go through each of the four in-depth. Then start investigating those functions. :shrug:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes it helps me to get back to the basic dichotomies (MBTI rather than JCF). Trying to use them together can be a bit confusing--I'm more INFP by functions, but could be ENFP with basic dichotomies.

So, that's what I would suggest. Go through each of the four in-depth. Then start investigating those functions. :shrug:

Oh, I've dome that I do really relate to Fi+Ne, far than I relate to any other functions, but forumers seem to see me as ISFP or ESFP even, which I can't see at all

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I've dome that I do really relate to Fi+Ne, far than I relate to any other functions, but forumers seem to see me as ISFP or ESFP even, which I can't see at all

They can't know without seeing you live. It's not exactly easy to demonstrate these functions through text. I would trust your own feelings about it first. :newwink:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

I think forumers can be really helpful, but ultimately only you can know. They haven't seen you in real life, and sometimes online we seem different. Some people here see me as a 9, which I'm very close to being, but if people knew me in real life, it would be so obvious that I'm a 4w3. You're the one who sees yourself. The internet can be deceiving.

Are you an introvert or extrovert? You say you relate to both Ne and Fi.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think forumers can be really helpful, but ultimately only you can know. They haven't seen you in real life, and sometimes online we seem different. Some people here see me as a 9, which I'm very close to being, but if people knew me in real life, it would be so obvious that I'm a 4w3. You're the one who sees yourself. The internet can be deceiving.

Are you an introvert or extrovert? You say you relate to both Ne and Fi.

I personally think I am introvert, I am reserved, shy and quiet person, but I am friendly with people because I like to keep relationships positive and harmonic so I might seem as an extrovert some. Actually a lot of my friends and classmates see me as an extrovert, because I like to be in a contact with others to make sure the over-all atmosphere of relationships is positive for both sides, but if you'd ask them how much they know about me, or my persona, most of them wouldn't say anything, because I keep most to myself and am not rally expressive when I am in a group or with people I don't know well. I think most of the NFs are like that.

Duffy

I think it's a balancing act between outside and personal perspectives. Do you think a fish can conceive anything beyond the scope of their pond?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I think it's a balancing act between outside and personal perspectives. Do you think a fish can conceive anything beyond the scope of their pond?

Of course. But I think real-life people are probably better for an outside perspective, in general.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
[MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION]: Don't let others or the typology define who you are. You know yourself better than anyone else here on this forum. If you feel that INFP fits you the best then you probably are one.

That being said isn't exploring MBTI and cognitive functions all about learning more about oneself and others? I personally believe that one can never be 100% sure of his/her type. There's always more to discover and reflect and that's why it's important to keep your ears open to others. The feeling of incompleteness - isn't that what keeps us curious to life? :heart:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I personally think I am introvert, I am reserved, shy and quiet person, but I am friendly with people because I like to keep relationships positive and harmonic so I might seem as an extrovert some. Actually a lot of my friends and classmates see me as an extrovert, because I like to be in a contact with others to make sure the over-all atmosphere of relationships is positive for both sides, but if you'd ask them how much they know about me, or my persona, most of them wouldn't say anything, because I keep most to myself and am not rally expressive when I am in a group or with people I don't know well. I think most of the NFs are like that.

Hmm. Only because you are asking for feedback, I'll give my thoughts. I've not been positive about 4 for you at points, but as others have said, I don't know you IRL. I have felt more 6+7 vibe from your posts before (and now). Perhaps it's because I'm Sx-first, but 4's in general tend to be expressive even if it's in a negative way-- it's like we can't help but exude our feelings. Also, in regards to keeping relationships positive, that's not really a 4 priority-- Individualists seek first authenticity which generally means negativity is welcome across the board. A 6+7 (either side of that) person on the other hand would definitely seek to maintain a positive environment (for security, and to avoid pain). Idk if that resonates at all.

Some would attribute that to a "fix", but I've personally come to the conclusion that tritype isn't legit-- that's just me. :shrug:

I do still think you could be a 4, just investigating some red flags. Only you can determine type in the end. :hug:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

From my limited experience of you on the forum i'd go with your current typing. I lot of INFP's here have retyped as ISFP's though. I have seen it happen with quite a few people, maybe there is some enlightenment that is not in tests that's more exclusive to this forum? Or more recent idea's on mbti... it's possible ideas are just running and slowly changing whilst the offshoots also occur. Most talk, if not all, regarding mbti (and well typology in general) is inconclusive. So really it's best to find who you are inside and be happy with you. It's hard though I did have a few people suggest my type as ESFP a while back and so i started a poll and wanted to know why and etc etc... you are writing your own version right now. It's ok to want people to explain themselves especially on a forum which can seem cliquey at times.

As a trusty INTJ once said to me "whatever hat you wear Gem, you look lovely" that really helped, it bridged a gap between typism and acceptance nicely. I don't think i appreciated it at the time, prehaps i felt it a little condescending but it does fell more relative now, more clear.