• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can someone type me?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So what do you think my mbti type would be?

I hope it's okay if I stole this question thing from another thread...

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm not sure if my inferior is Si or Fe.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I want to be healthy and somewhat independent (want enough money to take care of myself, and the ability to move around on my own). I also want at least a little free time where I'm able to write, read, and play some games (love live! Town of salem, ect).

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Every time I get a new idea for the stuff I write. I don't really know why I feel this way; it just makes me feel excited.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When ever I get a bad grade on test or my project doesn't look as pretty as everyone else. (I'm in high school btw) Also when I say something stupid.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I do this way too much. Earlier this year I was trying to decide if I wanted to take apush (ap us history), and I searched up all the pros and cons on the internet, and read multiple forum posts about it before I came to a conclusion. I was pretty much obsessed with it for a week. I do this with a lot of things.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I honestly just do whatever everyone else doesn't want to do. I usually like to have some control because I feel like my partners are doing it incorrectly, but I usually end up being a supporting person.The only time I become the leader is when no one else is up to it.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When my friends and I have in depth conversations about our favorite tv shows and books. It just excites me when others are excited about something as much as I am.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I like to look things up on the internet, and look at multiple sites to get multiple perspectives. It also helps to relate the topic to something else I like.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I'm not the most organized but I rarely ever lose things. I just stuff everything in my backpack or drawer and dig it out when needed.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try and think if it will help others.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I make sure everyone is happy

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I usually think before I speak unless I'm really angry or excited. I prefer to think since I tend to say stupid things when I speak before I think. I also like one-on-one conversations.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know what's going on before I take action.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I usually watch anime so I can watch it the next day online.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I start freaking out internally. Sometimes I'll trow a fit. If I'm lucky then I'll listen to some music to calm down and think about the situation.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When people are close-minded of course, and when others think they are better than everyone else. I also hate when people are too loud, and obnoxious.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Books, shows, and others forms of media.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I'm not sure. I don't feel like I pay much attention to politics, and sports. There's probably a bunch of other things, but that's all I can think of.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I'm not really sure. Everyone seems to think I'm funny, quiet, and laid back. Some of them probably I have anger issues. Most people don't know about my people watching habits (except my sister).

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'll read, write, and think about myself or others.

I don't know if you need any other information, so just tell me if you do.

summerdaze

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISFJ

Maaaybe INFJ, except everyone and their mothers think they are INFJ (I thought I was INFJ for a while, lol) when that can't possibly be true if they are actually only 1% of the population or whatever, lol.

I always like to ask: what do you think you are? I think you have some theories, especially since you've gotten to worrying about cognitive functions. Inferiors are hard to pick up, it's usually easier to figure out what your dominant and auxiliary are (since you are using them all the time). Plus order of functions can get wonky since there are 8 in total, but we only focus on 4 usually. (for what it's worth, I actually think Fe is dom/aux in you)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought either intp or entp. Mainly because I think my Ti and Fe work together, like I'll think logically about others feelings (is that how that would work?)

I've actually heard others day that the inferiors are easier since the dominants are unconscious, but idk. isfj isn't too out of reach, like I usually follow rules, except when I don't think it will affect anyone, and I do worry about the future. I also like to do things by the book, and am not too experimental. But I don't have much emotional connections to my memories, or notice sudden changes in others appearance (Like when they get a haircut). I also don't have a rigid sense of morality (I'm easily swayed, and change opinions often) A lot of it doesn't seem like me, but it's a possibility.

Anyway you think it's better to look at the functions or just look at the personality descriptions?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now that you two bring it up I may be more of a feeler than original thought.

I'm kind of curious though, why do you think I'm infp? (I just like explanations)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably INFP. Explanation:

"Every time I get a new idea for the stuff I write. I don't really know why I feel this way; it just makes me feel excited."

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just a vibe. You sound pretty introverted (I) from your description. You had a whole day to do whatever you want, and you chose to read and think. And it sounds like you prefer one-on-one to big group stuff.

I'm guessing intuitive (N) based on your interests (reading, writing, anime, and not being into sports). Nothing really cries "sensory" there.

I'd say you're a feeling (F) type because of the way you think a lot about others and how different things will affect them. I'm thinking Fi > Fe, though. Look at your answer to #15. Minus the occasional outburst (normal for a teenager), it sounds you're more likely to internalize things.

I honestly wasn't sure about J/P, but lean towards P because of your openness. You also said you thought you were INTP or ENTP once. Not that it proves anything, but I know a lot of INFPs who thought they were INTPs. Both can be intellectual, but INTPs are definitely more known for it. I think some INFPs gravitate to INTP descriptions because of this, but deep inside they know something is "off."

Welcome to the forum, btw. You sound like a nice person. So, what do you think?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, so Fi is when you internalize your feelings and Fe is when you're open about the. I thought Fi was understanding your feelings and Fe was understand other's feelings. Well by your definition Fi would definitely make more sense.

I'll have to think this over, but ti does seem likely. lol, I just never saw myself as a feeler.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you and I are in a similar boat. Take a look at my functions down below. A lot of people here will try to convince you you're Fi dominant as they do with me. I believe my Fi is a tangent to my Ti, and how strongly I feel about things and generally opinionated I can be. It depends on what it means to you more than anything, though.

Another recent discussion on INFP/INTP, probably relevant to you: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/the-nt-rationale/78371-intp-infp.html#post2506799

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your answers show more awareness of feelings>logic, so I would agree that you are an xxFx. You seem like an introvert but that was just based on vibes I got, but your hobbies seem more introverted. I think IxFx, but I'm not sure about anything else :/

Anyway you think it's better to look at the functions or just look at the personality descriptions?

Personally I think the functions are more reliable. mbti descriptions that I have read are not reliable because people are more individualized than that, and there are sometimes stereotypes. For example I once read that INxJs are likely to the top of the class and very intelligent, which doesn't make any sense - the personality types shouldn't be intelligence related. Not all type descriptions are wrong though, so it depends on the source i guess.

I'm guessing intuitive (N) based on your interests (reading, writing, anime, and not being into sports). Nothing really cries "sensory" there.
That doesn't mean intuitive.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, so Fi is when you internalize your feelings and Fe is when you're open about the. I thought Fi was understanding your feelings and Fe was understand other's feelings. Well by your definition Fi would definitely make more sense.

I'll have to think this over, but ti does seem likely. lol, I just never saw myself as a feeler.

Fi is about awareness of your own emotion, but it's also less expressive than Fe from what I've read.

Ti/Fe is absolutely possible, though. Obviously you know yourself better than we can from one questionnaire. So, why do you think Ti/Fe is more likely?

That doesn't mean intuitive.

Reading doesn't make you intuitive, and liking sports doesn't make you a sensing type. I agree. I'm an S-type and I enjoy reading myself.

BUT...reading and writing are more intuitive by nature. So when I hear that and nothing else points toward sensing, my gut tells me N.

Like I said, just a vibe.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay that makes sense.

I say ti/fe because I don't make most of my decisions based on emotions. I usually think of the pros and cons, but I also consider how it affects myself and others.

My emotional awareness is a little tough to understand. It takes time to know how I feel about something, but I don't totally disguard them.

I'm honestly not naturally attuned to my senses; I usually have to conciously pay attention to my environment. Idk if this helps.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So what do you think my mbti type would be?

When you make a decision, how do you verify that it's the right one?

What's your preferred serious study method? Skimming notes doesn't count. What is the most effective way for you to get the material you don't know into your brain.

You're an ESFJ. Now you tell me why I'm wrong.

Your favorite pet Fluffy just shook their collar and ran into the middle of traffic. Do you leave them to their fate or attempt to save them? Why did you make that decision? If the answer is "I'm not brave enough to run into traffic", pretend you are.

Two mutual exclusive scenarios:

1) Some magical force compels you to travel. As long as you keep moving, you can never die. As soon as you settle down. You start to age and will eventually die.
2) You've somehow acquired a magic mansion that, as long as you are within it's walls, you are immortal. If you leave the house, you will gradually age and eventually die.

Pick one and tell me what you regret about your choice.

Last edited:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

What's your preferred serious study method? Skimming notes doesn't count. What is the most effective way for you to get the material you don't know into your brain.

Your favorite pet Fluffy just shook their collar and ran into the middle of traffic. Do you leave them to their fate or attempt to save them? Why did you make that decision? If the answer is "I'm not brave enough to run into traffic", pretend you are.

1) Some magical force compels you to travel. As long as you keep moving, you can never die. As soon as you settle down. You start to age and will eventually die.
2) You've somehow acquired a magic mansion that, as long as you are within it's walls, you are immortal. If you leave the house, you will gradually age and eventually die.

I think of the pros and cons on each side and see which one will benefit me/others the most. I'll try and get other's opinions on the subject,(Mostly on the internet) and sleep on it for a few days. The right one will usually be the one that i think will pay off more in the future. I think anyway.

Depends on the subject. For math and science I'll watch videos explaining the concept, and will do multiple practice problems until I feel like I've mastered it.
For English/vocabulary and history I will use Quizlet and play that one matching game and will take some practice quizzes.

Well for one I'm not extroverted. Cultural values are also not the first thing I go to make a decision, and I don't care too much about interpersonal connections. A lot of people say this type is vocal about their feelings, but I rarely share my feelings even when they are causing extreme pain. My thinking is not black and white at all. (It says that under the esfj si cognative function) I'm not too familiar with this type...

Wow idk. Let's see I think I would probably leave them to fate since I would be so stressed out, and not able to make a good decision. Later I would leave the clothes I wore that day, and see if he would come home (idk I heard that dogs can sometimes pick up your scent from it). Then I'll just play the waiting game.

1.(How often do I have to move? Let's say once a month)
I would regret not being able to have close relationships and not keeping in touch with others.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I think of the pros and cons on each side and see which one will benefit me/others the most. I'll try and get other's opinions on the subject,(Mostly on the internet) and sleep on it for a few days. The right one will usually be the one that i think will pay off more in the future. I think anyway.

Depends on the subject. For math and science I'll watch videos explaining the concept, and will do multiple practice problems until I feel like I've mastered it.
For English/vocabulary and history I will use Quizlet and play that one matching game and will take some practice quizzes.

Well for one I'm not extroverted. Cultural values are also not the first thing I go to make a decision, and I don't care too much about interpersonal connections. A lot of people say this type is vocal about their feelings, but I rarely share my feelings even when they are causing extreme pain. My thinking is not black and white at all. (It says that under the esfj si cognative function) I'm not too familiar with this type...

Wow idk. Let's see I think I would probably leave them to fate since I would be so stressed out, and not able to make a good decision. Later I would leave the clothes I wore that day, and see if he would come home (idk I heard that dogs can sometimes pick up your scent from it). Then I'll just play the waiting game.

1.(How often do I have to move? Let's say once a month)
I would regret not being able to have close relationships and not keeping in touch with others.

Can I assume that by "not extroverted" you mean in the social sense?

When you get stressed out, what behaviors show up and what do you do to center yourself?

Do you have a clear sense of right and wrong or are the lines that define your value set kinda fuzzy? Where do you take these cues from: your individual framework or the collective?

At its core, Si is about referencing and recalling the reliable. This can sometimes result in "creatures of habit" but really just means that SxJs more likely to pay attention to the proven actuals over the unproven possibles. Si is always paired with Ne so all xNxPs and xSxJs will experience that tug of war with NPs typically favoring the unproven possibles.

Do you relate to that specific battle of perception or do you have more trouble with the "seeing objects for what they are" <> "seeing objects for what they imply" battle?

Atm, I think Te<>Fi and, imo, xxTJ > xxFP.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

When you get stressed out, what behaviors show up and what do you do to center yourself?

Do you have a clear sense of right and wrong or are the lines that define your value set kinda fuzzy? Where do you take these cues from: your individual framework or the collective?

At its core, Si is about referencing and recalling the reliable. This can sometimes result in "creatures of habit" but really just means that SxJs more likely to pay attention to the proven actuals over the unproven possibles. Si is always paired with Ne so all xNxPs and xSxJs will experience that tug of war with NPs typically favoring the unproven possibles.

Do you relate to that specific battle of perception or do you have more trouble with the "seeing objects for what they are" <> "seeing objects for what they imply" battle?

Atm, I think Te<>Fi and, imo, xxTJ > xxFP.

Yeah

I often internalize it, but I’ll usually cuss or something. Sometimes I’ll throw things, but only if nobody is around. And I center myself by thinking how I’m wasting my time, and need to do something to make the situation better.

I’d say they’re a little fuzzy. And individual framework seems more accurate.

Maybe the first one a little more? Not sure though

Edit: After more research of the functions I think I'm more fi and te. Not sure where they are in the stack though.

Last edited:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION]

Sorry for the delayed reply. Things got hectic.

I'm inclined to think that you're a lead perceiver with middling judgement which leave you with the ExFPs or IxTJs. I'm still favoring the later. Specifically, ISTJ but that's just a soft claim so don't take it too seriously. :p

Tbh, I haven't much a clue on your perceiving axis but on the bright side, knowing the judging one removes half of the possible choices!

The only other thing I can offer you is a bump with the hopes that some others will come and lend their POV too.