• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I must decide this once and for all.

Type?

• Total voters

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, I looked at this again and something is just not quite syncing for me. Either the Ne or Fe is seems off, possibly both, but you're resolute about not consciously using Te or Se so I'm really just stumped. You seem to value a more empirical and deductive style of logic that, while not especially odd for an INTP to have, resonates more with SP or TJ (and to a lesser extent, NFP).

I don't know man. I don't know. :/

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

INFP: I know that I'm way more logical and Ti is out of place on there. When it comes to decisions, it isn't a result of Fi, but I do have Fi-type thoughts.

INTP: I'm not that reclusive and nerdy as most stereotypes suggest. I actually care about how others perceive of me and have more than just logical/thought developments.

ENTP: I don't jump around quite that much. I'm not constantly abandoning things that bore me, but I do look for mental stimulation a lot. Could be that I'm just easier to keep amused by something that really interests me than a typical ENTP.

I'd need to know your personal definitions of understanding of the functions to do anything with this.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Overall, happiness. What will get me there? Love. Understanding. Creative endeavors. Exploration. Good music, cinema, etc. Spicy food. I want to create a more positive environment for myself, work a job where the people aren't all fighting for power/social status and care more about an amazing product. And also to create my own music in addition(they may become intertwined, my dayjob and personal endeavors). To be eclectic and innovative. (so type 4)
This doesn't really feel type specific though I already note some of that Fi you mentioned before. Specifically at the "create a more positive environment for myself" line which sounds like Fi<>Te feedback to me.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel great when I compose, when I can sing really well, when I enjoy analyzing music and other media like films and shows. Loving animals is big for me, since I see them as far superior to most humans since they're just little balls of love and not completely out for each others' necks.

How do you personally analyze music?

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being put down about what I choose to prioritize or not accepted for who I am. I refuse to let people try to change me or take advantage of me in any way.

I interpret this as an Introverted Judging preference.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I only think about people if it becomes absolutely necessary. Mostly just a risk/reward, considering all logical aspects/statistical probabilities of the situation, includes how I feel about it.

To me, this is Te.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I have control of the outcome.

To me, this is Te. You didn't even mention the process leading to the outcome.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Refer to question 3. I also love just having a good time, at the beach or at most bodies of water in general. Playing games with people. Mostly individual sports like ping pong or pool, monopoly, cards, etc. I play vidgames all the time. I learn from them, and continue to develop(most people see it as a waste of time. I completely disagree).
Not majorly function related. Possibly more introverted judging at the end but not enough for me to make a call either way.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

What? Feels more natural? I just learn it. It happens. Either it is what it is or I actively seek it out.

The response could be considered a red flag for Intuition primary. Exception being if it's linked up to Te.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm organized enough to know where everything is. If I can be more organized to the extent where it will help me be more efficient in the future, then I will do that. But I don't overorganize just for the sake of enjoying organizing. Within the confines of it being relevant/lucrative.

The actual preference of being organized is irrelevant but the motivations behind it are sometimes telling. What do you think of the bolded?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The idea as a whole is more important than the given instances. But it's nice to have those instances as examples in order to better understand the principles behind the idea.

This is the first reasonably strong indication of Intuition. Or, at least, I would not expect this from an Intuition inferior. What's your general strategy for synthesizing information? Do you break it down into relatively universal principles? Do you look for the trends and commonalities between various scenarios and extrapolate the "big idea" from there?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Definitely what I believe. Group harmony is only as necessary, not at all my forte.

To me, this is the answer I would expect from an unbalanced (as in, not fully integrated and potentially though not necessarily unhealthy) Fe user or, more likely, a conscious Fi user. At this point, ENTP seems a far reach for you right now. INTP is at the threshold.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Always thinks first. Sometimes it takes a split second, and sometimes I go over what I will say in my head before reiterating it externally. I like both, so long as the people are intelligent and active enough. I probably gravitate towards one-on-one because I know certain people better and can go to the people I know I will be able to understand me or respond appropriately. If I actually had whole groups of people who were competent, then that would likely be preferred due to more perspective and activity.

This doesn't seem function related. At most, a suggestion of cognitive introversion because of the implied difficulty of translating what's inside before pushing it "out".

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Know where first. Balanced is best.
No strong function indicators. Might suggest middling perception but, once again, insubstantial.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Pretty much anything I'd want to do on my own could hypothetically be put off til later. We don't live in the 90's. However, I will often put off my friends to do something I believe will be more engaging on my own. I will always take the route that I think will be more enjoyable for myself.

I'm inclined to say this isn't too function related. Loosely Fi<>Te but again I'm doubtful. Your thoughts on it?
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

If it gets extreme, I might have an explosion of emotion. Fortunately, I read this is at least quite normal for NT's. Usually I'm good at coping with stress. People being annoying is most stressful, and I don't often feel I can avoid it easily because I want my perspective/principles known and understood(which often isn't even possible because stupid people). Otherwise, not much will stress me out. Maybe work deadlines? In which case, I can act pretty quickly and effectively given the need to.

I'm going to guess 1w9 as your enneagram core. Grow to 7, stress to 4. (Check out the rhyme.) Reasonably confident of your introversion now as well.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Their incompetence mostly, because it's what could cause any sort of harmful debacle between us. I guess I could be ignorant at times, but I don't imagine I'd really ever have much trouble with someone who I felt was up to speed with me. Maybe in the rare case where I overstep myself and get too domineering or take a joke too far.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more? Or perhaps provide more examples?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Mostly anything intellectual. If it's mentally stimulating, I'm all in. If not, I probably don't have much to say.

Function non-specific.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Meaningless people. Unnecessary routine. Organized religions.

Te<>Fi. Devalued Si which could be because of Ne. How do you distinguish between necessary and unnecessary routine? Function non-specific though I'm curious about the reason behind 3.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Probably as sort of enclosed, only in the sense that I don't always want to go out and party. But I'm not the only one like that, it's no biggie. They probably also find me a bit overly argumentative.

Type/function nonspecific. At most suggest social introversion but hardly.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Refer questions 3/7. Also, girls.

Nothing.

----

What are your thoughts on my reads?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

INFP: I know that I'm way more logical and Ti is out of place on there. When it comes to decisions, it isn't a result of Fi, but I do have Fi-type thoughts.

INTP: I'm not that reclusive and nerdy as most stereotypes suggest. I actually care about how others perceive of me and have more than just logical/thought developments.

ENTP: I don't jump around quite that much. I'm not constantly abandoning things that bore me, but I do look for mental stimulation a lot. Could be that I'm just easier to keep amused by something that really interests me than a typical ENTP.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Overall, happiness. What will get me there? Love. Understanding. Creative endeavors. Exploration. Good music, cinema, etc. Spicy food. I want to create a more positive environment for myself, work a job where the people aren't all fighting for power/social status and care more about an amazing product. And also to create my own music in addition(they may become intertwined, my dayjob and personal endeavors). To be eclectic and innovative. (so type 4)

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel great when I compose, when I can sing really well, when I enjoy analyzing music and other media like films and shows. Loving animals is big for me, since I see them as far superior to most humans since they're just little balls of love and not completely out for each others' necks.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being put down about what I choose to prioritize or not accepted for who I am. I refuse to let people try to change me or take advantage of me in any way.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I only think about people if it becomes absolutely necessary. Mostly just a risk/reward, considering all logical aspects/statistical probabilities of the situation, includes how I feel about it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I have control of the outcome.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Refer to question 3. I also love just having a good time, at the beach or at most bodies of water in general. Playing games with people. Mostly individual sports like ping pong or pool, monopoly, cards, etc. I play vidgames all the time. I learn from them, and continue to develop(most people see it as a waste of time. I completely disagree).

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

What? Feels more natural? I just learn it. It happens. Either it is what it is or I actively seek it out.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I'm organized enough to know where everything is. If I can be more organized to the extent where it will help me be more efficient in the future, then I will do that. But I don't overorganize just for the sake of enjoying organizing. Within the confines of it being relevant/lucrative.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

The idea as a whole is more important than the given instances. But it's nice to have those instances as examples in order to better understand the principles behind the idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Definitely what I believe. Group harmony is only as necessary, not at all my forte.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Always thinks first. Sometimes it takes a split second, and sometimes I go over what I will say in my head before reiterating it externally. I like both, so long as the people are intelligent and active enough. I probably gravitate towards one-on-one because I know certain people better and can go to the people I know I will be able to understand me or respond appropriately. If I actually had whole groups of people who were competent, then that would likely be preferred due to more perspective and activity.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Know where first. Balanced is best.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Pretty much anything I'd want to do on my own could hypothetically be put off til later. We don't live in the 90's. However, I will often put off my friends to do something I believe will be more engaging on my own. I will always take the route that I think will be more enjoyable for myself.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

If it gets extreme, I might have an explosion of emotion. Fortunately, I read this is at least quite normal for NT's. Usually I'm good at coping with stress. People being annoying is most stressful, and I don't often feel I can avoid it easily because I want my perspective/principles known and understood(which often isn't even possible because stupid people). Otherwise, not much will stress me out. Maybe work deadlines? In which case, I can act pretty quickly and effectively given the need to.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Their incompetence mostly, because it's what could cause any sort of harmful debacle between us. I guess I could be ignorant at times, but I don't imagine I'd really ever have much trouble with someone who I felt was up to speed with me. Maybe in the rare case where I overstep myself and get too domineering or take a joke too far.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Mostly anything intellectual. If it's mentally stimulating, I'm all in. If not, I probably don't have much to say.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Meaningless people. Unnecessary routine. Organized religions.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

Probably as sort of enclosed, only in the sense that I don't always want to go out and party. But I'm not the only one like that, it's no biggie. They probably also find me a bit overly argumentative.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Refer questions 3/7. Also, girls.

This is becoming hard to keep organized, haha.

Yeah, I looked at this again and something is just not quite syncing for me. Either the Ne or Fe is seems off, possibly both, but you're resolute about not consciously using Te or Se so I'm really just stumped. You seem to value a more empirical and deductive style of logic that, while not especially odd for an INTP to have, resonates more with SP or TJ (and to a lesser extent, NFP).

I don't know man. I don't know. :/

I'd need to know your personal definitions of understanding of the functions to do anything with this.

I'm constantly developing my understanding, I suppose.

This doesn't really feel type specific though I already note some of that Fi you mentioned before. Specifically at the "create a more positive environment for myself" line which sounds like Fi<>Te feedback to me.

How do you personally analyze music?

Music theory, in the way that a musician's musician takes a more logical approach to music. It's not just how it "makes me feel," though that can also be important.

I interpret this as an Introverted Judging preference.

To me, this is Te.

To me, this is Te. You didn't even mention the process leading to the outcome.

Not majorly function related. Possibly more introverted judging at the end but not enough for me to make a call either way.

The response could be considered a red flag for Intuition primary. Exception being if it's linked up to Te.

The actual preference of being organized is irrelevant but the motivations behind it are sometimes telling. What do you think of the bolded?

I only create order to the extent that it's useful to me. I'm not someone who requires organization, but I'm not against doing it a lot either.

This is the first reasonably strong indication of Intuition. Or, at least, I would not expect this from an Intuition inferior. What's your general strategy for synthesizing information? Do you break it down into relatively universal principles? Do you look for the trends and commonalities between various scenarios and extrapolate the "big idea" from there?

Usually the "big idea" will just hit me pretty naturally, I don't think further analysis is generally needed to understand the overall principle.

To me, this is the answer I would expect from an unbalanced (as in, not fully integrated and potentially though not necessarily unhealthy) Fe user or, more likely, a conscious Fi user. At this point, ENTP seems a far reach for you right now. INTP is at the threshold.

It's mostly just that I don't prefer to spend my energy on that. I'd rather be involved with people where that isn't required of me - people I get along with easily.

This doesn't seem function related. At most, a suggestion of cognitive introversion because of the implied difficulty of translating what's inside before pushing it "out".

No strong function indicators. Might suggest middling perception but, once again, insubstantial.

I'm inclined to say this isn't too function related. Loosely Fi<>Te but again I'm doubtful. Your thoughts on it?

At most, function-wise, I would suggest it shows lack of Fe.

I'm going to guess 1w9 as your enneagram core. Grow to 7, stress to 4. (Check out the rhyme.) Reasonably confident of your introversion now as well.

Haven't yet considered 1 or 9, but I suppose most of them are possible to consider. I'm mostly toying with 3-5.

Could you elaborate on this a bit more? Or perhaps provide more examples?

I basically don't want to have to argue with people who can't or won't see my way of thinking. I'd rather just not associate with the person, but if the debate has started then I have to defend my argument, even if it's clear that it's hopeless in the case of talking with that person or group. If I only chose to associate with people who I felt I could communicate fluidly with(which is probably nearly impossible, but I'm ever searching, I guess), then this would probably not be an issue anymore.

Function non-specific.

Te<>Fi. Devalued Si which could be because of Ne. How do you distinguish between necessary and unnecessary routine? Function non-specific though I'm curious about the reason behind 3.

Necessary is only the things I need to keep myself physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy/happy. Anything that will help me towards a better future, I will include as a part of my routine. But beyond that, I want to be free to change.

Type/function nonspecific. At most suggest social introversion but hardly.

Nothing.

----

What are your thoughts on my reads?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My opinion is more solidified to ISTP, ISFP, or INTJ.

What is it about Ne that causes you to gravitate towards it at the expense of Ni? Or more pointedly, what about Ni causes you to gravitate away from it?

Have you considered the possibility that the reason you can't relate to INFP's stereotypical impracticality despite having a relatively pronounced Fi function is because auxiliary Se & inferior Te (both being "practical" functions) are buffering it? If you have considered this, why didn't it resonate with you?

If your existential self, everything you loved, valued, and saw as integral to your identity and your life were to suddenly find itself compromised by some (arbitrary) rational process in which, despite all your efforts, you have been unable to find a loop hole and whose mere existence presents a fundamental contradiction to the truth and existence of your "self", which concept (the "self" or the "rational process") would you sacrifice first and why?

The consequence of sacrificing the "self" is to lose touch with who you are and the things that give your life meaning (and make you happy) but you are left with a cohesive mental framework that you could then choose to rebuild yourself around if you so desired.
The consequence of sacrificeing the "rational process" is that you consent to a (subjectively) irrational existence but retain everything that has come to define who you are now and with time, can craft a new framework that is consistent with your self perception.

And the two choices are mutually exclusive so the answer to "Wouldn't sacrificing my 'self' be the same a sacrificing the rational process?" is NO.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My opinion is more solidified to ISTP, ISFP, or INTJ.

What is it about Ne that causes you to gravitate towards it at the expense of Ni? Or more pointedly, what about Ni causes you to gravitate away from it?

Have you considered the possibility that the reason you can't relate to INFP's stereotypical impracticality despite having a relatively pronounced Fi function is because auxiliary Se & inferior Te (both being "practical" functions) are buffering it? If you have considered this, why didn't it resonate with you?

If your existential self, everything you loved, valued, and saw as integral to your identity and your life were to suddenly find itself compromised by some (arbitrary) rational process in which, despite all your efforts, you have been unable to find a loop hole and whose mere existence presents a fundamental contradiction to the truth and existence of your "self", which concept (the "self" or the "rational process") would you sacrifice first and why?

The consequence of sacrificing the "self" is to lose touch with who you are and the things that give your life meaning (and make you happy) but you are left with a cohesive mental framework that you could then choose to rebuild yourself around if you so desired.
The consequence of sacrificeing the "rational process" is that you consent to a (subjectively) irrational existence but retain everything that has come to define who you are now and with time, can craft a new framework that is consistent with your self perception.

And the two choices are mutually exclusive so the answer to "Wouldn't sacrificing my 'self' be the same a sacrificing the rational process?" is NO.

That's actually a really difficult question to fully grasp and answer. Considering actually experiencing either of those things is not easy to fathom. I don't think I intentionally gravitate away from Ni, either; what gave you that impression?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's actually a really difficult question to fully grasp and answer. Considering actually experiencing either of those things is not easy to fathom. I don't think I intentionally gravitate away from Ni, either; what gave you that impression?

Ah, I assumed you devalued it because somewhere else you insisted on not being Ni dominant or auxiliary + your expressed preference for Ne. Hasty of me. Sorry.

Take however long you need. Talk it out if necessary. Nonsensical rambling is totally cool too.

Nonsensical rambling can be pretty fun actually...
>.>

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, I assumed you devalued it because somewhere else you insisted on not being Ni dominant or auxiliary + your expressed preference for Ne. Hasty of me. Sorry.

Take however long you need. Talk it out if necessary. Nonsensical rambling is totally cool too.

Nonsensical rambling can be pretty fun actually...
>.>

That's mainly just because my other extroverted functions always test as being much less developed compared to Ne. So then I assume that I must be either Ne dom or auxiliary. That's what I had so far. But this makes me have to question things further. Just by reading the type descriptions, as well, I think I resonate best with what I've seen of xNTP. I do think the Ni is there too, but an explanation for that which I have been given is the "id block" which would be Ni/Te for xNTP, which could fulfill my affinity towards those in certain regards.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm almost certain now that I'm an ENTP that has developed Ti to the point where it's nearly as used as Ne. Ne does seem more like my natural state of being, and I have a tendency to question everything and want to understand more (though I guess this is representative of both of the functions). Any thoughts? :blush:

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From reading the questionnaire I can why you think NTP but I have similar thoughts to the last one. F/T preference is not clear. Definitely not an FJ. Still not sure about Ne - I don't agree with someones previous response that sensors will use MBTI tests more than intuitive but still think SP is possible. Maybe IxTx

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From reading the questionnaire I can why you think NTP but I have similar thoughts to the last one. F/T preference is not clear. Definitely not an FJ. Still not sure about Ne - I don't agree with someones previous response that sensors will use MBTI tests more than intuitive but still think SP is possible. Maybe IxTx

The quantity of MBTI tests I take seems totally irrelevant. I base more of my speculations on my own thoughts and perceptions than I do test results.
I'm 99.5% certain that xNxx is in my code. 90% certain of P. 75% certain of T. And maybe 60% certain of I.
Hence, why I believe I must at the least be in the realm of INTP/ENTP/INFP/ENFP. Though I know I use Ti much more than my Fi for decision making. Narrows it down to whether I think my dom is Ti or Ne.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Results from another cognitive function quiz I took: "Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.15
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.925
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||| 8.42
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||| 6.7
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||||||| 5.94
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||| 4
Extroverted Sensation (Se) |||||||| 3.03
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||| 1.98"

It's a fairly short quiz @ Jungian Cognitive Function Quiz.

I'm almost certain that INTP is the best fit for me. So that will be my own vote on the poll :D