• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FiTe Fer Your RiTe To PAAARRTTEEH!

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, which is why it still isn't obvious what my dominant and tertiary functions are. I only have one highly ranked extroverted function, Ne, so that must be included in the two. Narrows it down to 4 types. I think that my Fi conclusions are arising due to the broad parameters of my Ti and what I use it for, but I could also be wrong and actually be ENFP/INFP. None of those descritions really fit me though... And if that were the case than I'd be pretty opposed to logical reasoning which I feel is definitely not my case.

People have also suggested Ni/Te types, and that I just resist Te due to disgust towards it, but I don't see that as very likely. Just thinking about my prefered functions, it's pretty clear it must be and xNxP type. I was told that INTP's id block functions are Ni and Te, so that would explain my affinity towards those, even if it isn't as blatently obvious in my conscious living, I do consistently use the two for other means. I also don't think I'm as nerdy as people tend to stereotype INTPs, but that could just be people being stupid.

Usually, I never trust descriptions as being anything more than rough guides. I would never, ever take a description literally, because we don't know the exact parameters it's based off. They could have based the descriptions off 10 ENFPs within a 50 miles radius, as opposed to 3,000 ENFPs within a 5,000 mile radius, for all we know. I take everything I read about each type with a pinch of salt, as it is one person's opinion. Someone else writes something quite different based on their interpretation of X type, and it confuses someone else. And a lot of these descriptions never take into context things like Enneagram type, Sociotype, Instinct Stackings, Loops, Personality Disorders etc.

I guess it's the same with functions, to a point. Not everyone is going to agree on what Fi is like, or Ti etc. Someone may interpret those based on personal experiences, as opposed to how the masses interpret Fi, Ti etc. I find it quite hard to get a general gist of each function, even from Jung at times. Yes, reliable sources will always be a lot more accurate than less reputable sources, but sometimes even they don't get to the core of each function the way they should. Personally, I find that probing and filling in the gaps and condensing things down to even a symbol/ few words helps me get a good general gist of how functions work.

And also common sense. After researching a function e.g Te, and equating that to Hierarchy, Structural Thinking, Empirical Studies, Organization etc, and comparing that to Ti, and noticing firm differences between how both work, I keep a note of those differences, and make a point of seperating them into different sections on my study (e.g Extroverted and Introverted).

Personally, I have no disgust toward any function. I find them all fascinating in their own right, and admire each of them for the different processes they use, and respect different people's thought patterns due to the functional combinations, but I do think that I am quite well-developed and understand the concepts of all the functions, but I still realize that I have a weaker few I need to work on. Like I said, I need to work with my strengths, and turn my weaknesses into strengths and use them to my advantage.

Usually, on any functional test I take, I end up stronger on the S side of things than the N side, but I also realize that I may have overdevloped functions, which make me seem more balanced. According to Socionics, I am weak on the Si side of things, and abhor it, but I know how to use it well enough. And Ne also. I know how and when to use them, but I'm not the biggest fan of using them. You know?

If someone suggests to me than I am either xNxP, or xSxJ, I tend to rule them out (especially Ne, and Si dominant types), because of Socionics. I tend to also rule out all/most introverted types, because I believe that I am a cognitive extrovert. Doing so leaves me with only Extroverted types, which narrows it way down. And having ruled out all Extroverted Intuitive types, and Introverted Sensation Dominant and Auxiliary types that leaves me with four types:

ENxJ and ESxP.

This is where I always fail to recognize my type, as I believe that I could be either of those four types, developmental wise. I believe that I am developed well Extroverted, but inwardly, I am still developing, which makes things tricky for me.