• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hey, I'm new. Help type me?

Raccoon

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I am very neutral at the moment. 16 year old female.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I prefer the aurora hands down. The other image seems so fake and staged. Although, the aurora has probably been tweaked as well with photoshop. It feels magical and fictitious. It makes me think of another world, where there are aliens and everybody is fluorescent colors.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I wouldn't want to boast about my good qualities or overwhelm them with my insecurities so I will try and write an even sort of response. I don't really feel like the here and now is the best place to be for me. I can't tell whether I feel as though I am not good enough because I pressure myself too much, or whether I am actually inadequate. I tell white lies to spare feelings, I can be a pushover (but I am learning not to be) and I am always dreaming of another life. I sometimes become confused about myself because I am very expressive, so around my friends I am a jokester, but I ultimately prefer to be alone or one on one. I often serve in my group as the person who can tell what is going on, like I can see under the surface. If someone is mad at somebody else I can tell without them saying anything. I rarely make the same mistake twice. I have trouble organising my thoughts, a lot goes on at once and somehow I reach a conclusion out of them, but I wish I could keep them organised. Somehow I don't think it works like that though. I am good at interpreting what people mean when they speak vaguely to me, which I see as one of my good points, because they often appreciate that which makes me happy. I like to see people happy, I like to get my emotions out with the people I love and feel their emotions. I don't like extremes, I don't need a safety net but I do like to have the things around me organised and get things done when necessary. It bothers me when people can't take a hint, or when I try to tell them something and they just don't pick up on it. I like to imagine that I am fairly unbiased, which isn't the best when my friends have problems, because I can see where they are both coming from and I hate confrontation. From a distance I might seem a bit cold, but if you speak to me I will brighten up I think. Overall, I hope this wasn't too descriptive, but I feel like it is a brief summary of myself.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

This one is a doozy. Who would I like to be...? I would like to be more private. I don't want anybody to know anything about me. I would like to learn more, to be more worldly. That is something I haven't yet been able to do because I have been busy. I am learning French at the moment, so I wan't to get that finished. I wish I was more brave. I wish my life was more simple. I wouldn't want to be dominating, I wouldn't want to be a dream that can't put their foot down and get it done, i wouldn't wan't to be scatterbrained. I wouldn't want to be traditional, or bound by tradition. I wouldn't want to be oblivious to what goes on. I don't like it when people try to trick me because I can see what they are doing. I don't want to be alone, but at the same time I do enjoy being alone for a while. I wouldn't want to be seen as close minded or stubborn.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

I do, honestly. I feel like people brush me off very quickly. They don't want to get to know me. I try to read them and tell what they think of me. I think people just see me as 'there'. They probably think I am a bit weird, that's okay, haha.

As for my friends, I may as well go straight to the source with this one:
I asked one and this is what they said, I was so shocked by this that I cried, i wasn't expecting this much. -

"Oh wow, that's difficult. You’re not a fighter, you shy away from most conflict and you don’t believe in violence or arguing to solve one’s problems, you would rather take the calmer approach. You have a wicked sense of humour and while it might not be understood by everyone, besides those closest to you who share a similar sense of humour, it is always able to be appreciated by everybody as being witty/punny/sarcastic. You would probably prefer having lots of close friends with whom you can always rely on rather than having lots and lots of friends and a big social group, but one in which you do not feel the same connection you do with your best friends.
Oh and you’re very organised and reliable." -INFP

"You have a really good sense of humour and you are very observant, as well as hard working, trust worth and generous. You have a passion for certain things deeply and are kind at heart as well as wise, able to read social situation well. You tend to doubt yourself and are anxious, causing you to be a more introverted person and stress yourself and when your sad you like to deal with it privately.
ding diddle done- Plus you are a raccoon, we have established this." -ENFP

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

Humor, Vision, Empathy, Reliability, Open Minded, Wonder, Excitement, Intuition, Growth.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

It really depends on the situations. I try to face things with an open mind, but I am shy so I might be pondering the consequences. There are so many different situations and kinds of scenarios that would provoke a different response so it is a bit hard to say.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

Initially I just want to run away. I feel shattered and broken. I become very touchy and flighty and might cry. If I can hold it together, I charge through and often sit back down afterwards shocked at myself. As if it wasn't me. I just either breakdown or 'just do it'.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I laugh a lot, I feel comfortable and make sure everyone else is having a good time as well. I act more loudly and confident than usual. I feel the best when everyone else is happy. I joke around and feel connected.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I love one on one interaction and end up talking about crazy ideas and concepts that I have been contemplating because I prefer to get things out and share ideas. I don't like group interaction as much, but if I am with my friends it is okay.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

Social norms are unimportant, values can be- respect, integrity. Customs should be respected and preferably educated about, traditions aren't my thing but I would actively participate for fun. People as a whole are all so different and complex in their own ways. I think about that a lot. I want to help people and when a person is kind to you or helps you, there is an undeniable feeling of hope for society. Unfortunately, it would be ignorant not to acknowledge what is occurring outside my sheltered borders and the hurt that happens across the world. That is where activists that get out and help are so important. We as a global society have a long way to go, indeed.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

I am indifferent.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

I keep organised. Chaos forms easily when others are involved. I overthink EVERYTHING. When I am dealing with an entire world of thoughts and emotions at once. I feel chaotic when I am under pressure or when someone confronts me.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I fear experiencing war or the apocalypse, I just fear the future. I fear I am letting other's down by not living up to my potential. I fear having a god-complex. This manifests like a surge or expansion inside of me.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I don't desire a whole lot, just the necessities, just enough to live comfortably. I desire a connection with others and the bigger picture. I don't particularly want to achieve a whole lot, although I want to be loved. I want to perform well at work and stay on top of things. I want to focus on one thing at a time and wear myself down to what I want to be until I am satisfied. I am always making little changes.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Thinking energizes me, writing, daydreaming, analysing and ordering, TV and movies, researching crazy things, educating myself, conspiracy theories, when I get a rush of love that I have to direct at someone, haha. They all energize me. What drains me are fakes, social events/parties, inconsideration, ignorance, staightforward things.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I have been told I am a wide range of different types in the past, never the same one twice. I don't know what type I am, but probably some form of IxxJ? I'm quite sure that I am not a perceiver. I don't know really. Hmm, I tend to love ENTP's, INFJ's and ENFP
s, I also get along really well with INFP's. ?

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

Nothing in particular.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem like an xFx, but not like an SFP. There wasn't anything that seemed like Se in your questionnaire, especially the first question and the way you interpreted the pictures. Actually I think there was a lot of Fe in your answers but you mentioned you don't seem much like a perceiver (IxFJ are perceiving dominant) so maybe ENFJ? Do you think you could be an extrovert? Introverts will feel there energy draining in a social situation after a while, regardless of how sociable or talkative they might be, and for extroverts (vice versa)

Raccoon

You seem like an xFx, but not like an SFP. There wasn't anything that seemed like Se in your questionnaire, especially the first question and the way you interpreted the pictures. Actually I think there was a lot of Fe in your answers but you mentioned you don't seem much like a perceiver (IxFJ are perceiving dominant) so maybe ENFJ? Do you think you could be an extrovert? Introverts will feel there energy draining in a social situation after a while, regardless of how sociable or talkative they might be, and for extroverts (vice versa)

It seems as though I have misinterpreted what 'perceiver' meant. I am still new to this so i apologise for any misuse of terms. What I meant by that is that I am a relatively structured person, I feel more comfortable with organising rather that improvising. I like to have things planned out.

ENFJ was a type that I was considering, but I have trouble telling whether I am extraverted or not. I am expressive and comfortable with my friends although I become drained after about 3 minutes of conversation. Other than a select few, I am completely uncomfortable and would prefer to be left alone.

What would this mean?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems as though I have misinterpreted what 'perceiver' meant. I am still new to this so i apologise for any misuse of terms. What I meant by that is that I am a relatively structured person, I feel more comfortable with organising rather that improvising. I like to have things planned out.

ENFJ was a type that I was considering, but I have trouble telling whether I am extraverted or not. I am expressive and comfortable with my friends although I become drained after about 3 minutes of conversation. Other than a select few, I am completely uncomfortable and would prefer to be left alone.

What would this mean?

You are more likely an introverted type. Just from reading over your questionnaire again I think that actually makes more sense! Sorry if I am confusing you about P/J functions. You are right about what you said about not being like a perciever^. Basically N/S are perceiving functions and F/T are the judging functions. That makes more difficult for introverts to type themselves. I think this is why INFPs are said to have more of a "drive" than INFJs who might lack a motivation; as IxxP types are judging dominant (Fi or Ti) and IxxJs are perceiving dominant (Ni or Si) . I'm not sure about your type for now, but I won't disagree with anyone who considers INFx or ISFJ.

summerdaze

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INFP. The prioritizing of individual authenticity over social norms, the introspection, the hesitation to judge and openness to multiple points of view/ways of thinking of things. The focus on people. The intense subjective reaction to conflict/disharmony - it's very INFP to just want the "bad feeling" to stop, usually by removing themselves from the situation.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely an NF of some kind.

I was inclined to say ENFJ until you said that socializing drains you. I have to go with INFJ. Sounds like you have a strong desire to please/help others in a genuine way.

It's also interesting that your friends had a hard time typing you. The funny thing about INFJs, at least in my experience, is that they are one of the hardest to type. They're out doing things a lot with friends, so they come across as Extraverted, but they are really private and hard to get to know.

That's my take anyway. Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay!