• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

(Newbie here) Need Some Help Finding My Type!

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hello Everyone,

Some help in figuring out my type would be wonderful, I answered one of the questionnaires hopefully that will help.

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?
I'm a serious procrastinator, but generally I actively try to get work done so its something less to worry about while I'm out and about. This very rarely happens though, i'm more likely to avoid my obligations and waste time.

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?
Intense, far too intense. I aim to act carefree, that never lasts long.

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?
Liberal, I was raised that way and I consider myself quite opened minded (only really in leftist views). For a long time conservatives intimidated the hell out of me

Does it bother you when people are late?

Yes, it is one thing I get super pissed of about. Despite this, as I have gotten older I have become less punctual.

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?
ugh....................
sci...ence, possibly because I was raised in an atheist, factual environment. I too rely considerably on fact, but I think have a more deeper understanding of faith than my parents and peers. I like to think I use science more to make decisions but I try to still stay spiritually aware.

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?

cold hearted and hot headed

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?
very active, but I do swing between both active and passive depending on my mood. Mostly I prefer to be a player rather than observe.

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?
Yes, I regret 99% of everything I say, due to this I never hold grudges.

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?
Yeah, maybe a dog. I prefer cats, with their more human-like qualities and mysteriously cunning personalities

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?
I would love it, as long as it doesn't loose speed at any point.

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?
Sexy as all hell. True Sexy is expression through wearing as much black velvet as possible.

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?
I love the creative and dreamy minds of kids, in my opinion the most intelligent and influential people are the ones who retain as many childlike traits as possible. I'm not crazy about raising them really, my maternal instincts haven't kicked in yet. If anything I'd have an only child (like myself) and put everything into guiding them through life.

Could you date someone who was really quiet?
Yes, prefer it. Super extroverted people scare me. I value depth and I tend to relate more to quiet people.

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?
Both logical and artistic to an equal degree, I've always held the understanding that both go hand in hand.

How shy would you say you are?
I vary, times in my life I have been unnaturally quiet (7-13), others super loud and sociable (0-6, 14 - present).

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?
Logical, I like to piece together random facts and opinions i've heard to create my own views

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?
I spend way too long reading about obscure sciences, astrology, music history and other bullshit things that I love.

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

I tend to make judgement on what will have a better outcome for the collective good (stats wise) secondly I take of a lot of my peers views on board,

Which word describes you better: private or social?
I'm a inner focused person, but I love sharing my personal world with other people so I guess social.

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?
No, I am lazy and scared to screw it up

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?
right, I'm pretty sure

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?
Not often, I tend to speak and write in really confusing ways only I can fully understand. Messy mind = bad at describing complex internal ideas. Bad habit, I just sometimes assume everyone is a mind reader.

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?
I like to stick to my comfort zone, but i'm open to slower progressive change rather than giant steps.

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?
Not at all, the muddier the better really.

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?
No, another bad habit. I can be too self focused to really fully understand other people to a great extent.

Do you care about other people's suffering?
At times, not as much as most. I do have moments of extreme sympathy but other than that I can be a little cold. I do tend to over-estimate other people's sympathy towards me and my "suffering"

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?
If they don't get sarcasm or irony, yes

Are you almost always on time?
I'd like to think so

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?
Chaos, I am a walking catalyst for drama.

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?
Yes and No. I am generally more natural at public speaking than my friends but I often become worried just before.

How frequently do you drink alcohol?
Very rarely

Are you careful with your money?
I am a little bit of a careless spender but saving is going well for me at the moment.

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?
Emotion, upbringing and analysis, a bit of everything equally really.

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?
Very important, proper deep philosophical conversations are always the most rewarding

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?
great ideas in getting great sex, friends, love.

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?
Too cynical, dreamers mould society, skeptics shave off the unnecessary bits. At times cynicism just becomes way too negative.

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?
Few close friends, probably closer to 20 than 5. More people means less pressure on me but less meaningful convos.

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?
Do not care one bit, good for the immune system I say

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?
I recon I come off really egotistical and entitled, but I have quite low self esteem.

How much do you procrastinate?
Too much

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?
where? I'm pretty sure

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?

waiting to speak, I feel bad about this, some people are brilliant to listen to though.

Do you ever feel socially awkward?

constantly, I feel inadequate in any situation

Do you space out or daydream a lot?
I daydream at every moment I can.

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?
Not as much as I should, when it comes to complements and my appreciation of people I keep them bottled up the most (I'm very open about everything else). I want to avoid appearing clingy or obsessive about people.

Do you like to be the center of attention?
very much so but I do have times when I feel terrible and want nothing more than to be invisible

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?
Not really a daredevil.

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?

No, I am loud and self-focused with strangers I'm never going to meet again, with new people which I see the daily I act cautious and shy in my presentation. I have a hard time becoming friends with new people.

Could you date someone who was really messy?
I am messy, so yes. It might be more beneficial to have one clean and one messy but oh well.

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?
I'm the word vomit type, I have to apologise about what I say a lot.

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?
Bugs Bunny all the way

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?
Probably refuse, I hate photos of myself

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?
Due to procrastination the same day.

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?
I try to, I still leave a mess though.

Would you be willing to adopt a child?
Sure, one less child in the system

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?
Definitely

How often are you open with your feelings?
I can be too open, people are freaked out my my intensity.

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?
Settled and decided within a time, date, and meeting place. I love short notice plans way too much, but as long as they're definite I'm happy. When it comes to the actual event, the more spontaneous the better.

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?
Ups and downs like crazy. I am really moody and intense in both directions

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?
i'm open, not crazy though

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?
Yeah, I relating to people on conversation topics ain't my strength

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?

Yes, Reason and logic. I am very emotional but they are a side element of my personality.

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?

Temperate, I'm boring

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?
Yes, I need quite a lot of space myself

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?
nope, i'm really bad

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?
Learning opens up opportunities, I try to lap it all up.

Are you more talented, or hardworking?
I'm not talented, but I rely on my own ability rather than hard work

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?
Nope.....

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?
Expression, mostly. Knowledge is also a motivator in my life. Wealth concerns me very little

Do you like wild parties?
Of course

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?
An award, influence and worldly change trumps any sum of cash.

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?
Not really my thing, does depend on the song though.

Does silence make you uncomfortable?
When I'm alone or with a close friend/family member its comforting, a sign of understanding and closeness. Other times no.

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?
I have been a natural revolutionary from day one, stick it to the man at all costs. Dying for a revolutionary cause always seemed the most attractive. Sometimes violence is necessary

How messy are you?
Very, I think a good reflection of a person is through their bedroom. I can't see my floor.

How often do you use Facebook?
[/B]
if I get a notification which is rare.

Thanks for your help xx

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you using bacchieons questionaire? lol you should fill out a different survey as this one isn't very useful for finding a type, it was a spam.

Enygmatic

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pleasure to meet you and via this information I'd hazard a guess at ExFx (feel free to disagree).
If you could answer these questions then I'll do my best at trying to type you.

Understanding the Myers Briggs Type Indicator: The 8 Cognitive Functions

1. Source: Fi or Fe? - Funky MBTI in Fiction
A friend has hurt you and their birthday party is in two days. You hear she has had a hard week you decide to go. Which of the following would be your reason:
a. I better go to their party because they need support and will make them feel good.
b. I need to embody this value of friendship so that I am not a bad friend.

2. Which one do you relate to more?
Ne: Generating possibilities, leaping from one idea to the next with only the vaguest idea of how one got to that conclusion without a through tracing, thinking in a tree pattern- each idea spawning more
Ne: AB... Balloon, floating, Chickadee, insane asylum, Z!

or

Ni: Drawing conclusions, all the pieces coming together subconsciously to form a whole, going from pieces to the final form without all the middle steps
Ni: ABC....Z

3. Source: Te vs Ti, real life example of how they differ?
Do you relate to Ti or Te more?

Ti says A=B=C=D=E. It values a way of thinking in which there is a logical progression from one point to the next that creates a system. They focus on sorting out inconsistencies within their system, wanting it to "work," preferably without error. This is why Ti people tend to correct facts when they think you've mis-spoke - they tend to want consistency and accuracy, as this creates validity in their style of thinking. However well their system "works" on its own, Ti thinking sometimes misses the end goal/point, and is such criticized by

Te: A=E. Te people tend to be concerned with output and result. What's the end result or payout, regardless of the process or the way in which individual steps get you there, and does this amount to efficiency when all is said and done? Unlike Ti logic that deals with creating a structure that "works," Te logic simply uses what's around factually to make a strong case. "The facts are what they are, regardless of how or why, and they come together to prove X." The problem here is that sometimes Te thinking makes assumptions that are not valid and runs with them.

Here is a test that might also help you find your type. Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Well, I have an impression but I'm interested in your responses to another questionaire too. Double check my hunches or something.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm caught between ENTP and ENFP for you at the moment, and I'm leaning strongly toward ENFP, although it'll all come out in the wash eventually.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah I could go with ENXP at initial gut feeling, though also thought EXXP possible. You seem to have a pretty chill inclusive vibe about you which reminds me of ENXP's in general. There are the stress types of ENFP's too (to which i often belong) but i'd say you are more relaxed on the whole. The centre of attention thing strikes me more as ENTP or ESXP though, I rarely meet ENFP's who actually enjoy all eyes being on them.

The messiness through stereotype would mean you are much less likely to be an ESTP (unless you are totes mid partying mode) and clean otherwise. Needing alone time def more ENFP than not.

The reasoning & logic valuing element would point more to a T type. I can reason and logic but my heart not my head wins most internal arguments.

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
Okay I hope this one's a little more helpful

1-what makes you angry?
Over critical and judgemental people, manipulative as well. I just want to live without someone shoving their own beliefs about me down my throat.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
Like: Their unique ways of thinking Dislike: Lack of openness to new ideas and turning into automatic bitch mode when I appear a little weird.

3-do you like animals? why?
I love animals, but certain ones always interested me more, these where birds and cats. At 6-12 my favourite things to draw where anthropomorphic cats and various types of birds.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
Their forgiveness when I screw them over, I'm too hot headed, also the fact the all have very different and unique interests from each other

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Like: Vivid imagination, ability to read into depth in art, literature, music very well. Ever thinking mind. Good problem solver.
Dislike: Overly dramatic, rebellious and non-conforming for the sake of it, self victimising, self absorbed, exaggerator, lack of filter, lack of true concern for others.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Yes, I care about fashion it's sorta fun. I like dressing up and dressing down equally. Despite this i manage to always look half homeless half punk-tryhard

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Stand out, always have. I dont see the point of fitting in. Growing up as an only child you learn to deal with the loneliness it ensures

8-what activities do you enjoy?
A chill party, small gatherings, time outside in parks or nature, meditation, staying at home and drawing, being inside when it's storming, playing guitar, writing, a good film, listening to a great album while wild solo dancing, an outing of some sort, having super deep 2am convos with mates, having an altered state of mind (not necessarily drugs, moreso the jittiness from being over tired, semi conscious states from meditation, the rush and power felt when angry.

9-what makes you feel secure?
Being in my room at night time, during the day I feel lazy for being inside and tend to get claustrophobic. At night time I feel productive and alive.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
I don't really know. I've only been in one relationship which lasted 5 weeks. It was ok, but I'm not great with romance. I weirdly probably prefer friends with benefits with most. Truly I'm waiting for that one person, that single person, everyone else is just a friend or friend + sex.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
Nature, the teenage spirit, the occult, artists and art, music, colours on white contrasted with black, science fiction, changing emotions, massive libraries, daydreams, vivid dreams, crazy theories developing in my mind, dramatic movie-like moments in real life, sincere moments between friends, large wide open spaces, well designed houses, sun creating patterns though the trees, 70s clothes in summer, 80s-90s punk in winter, glowingly warm days, frosty mornings, lying down outside while it rains, philosophical debates, quick wit. Why? these things are beautiful enough to take me out of my head for a while.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Random facts, narration of my entire life, internal struggles, are they talking about me?, playing the worst and best outcomes in my head of a situation, describing art, tackling an argument in my head, worrying,

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I suppose I have changed a considerable amount, but I break my life up into three parts, 0-6, 7-13 and 14 - Present. As a baby and small child I was loud, passionate, daring, independent, spotlight loving and quite intuitive. At 7- 13 I became very introverted, fearful, logical, hardworking, very self conscious but still passionate about the things I loved. From 14 I became more like my younger self, loud and the centre of attention, but I still had a very active internal process and was still very self-conscious. I have always been the most self-aware person I know

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
1. Fi or Fe?

A friend has hurt you and their birthday party is in two days. You hear she has had a hard week you decide to go. Which of the following would be your reason:

a. I better go to their party because they need support and will make them feel good.
b. I need to embody this value of friendship so that I am not a bad friend.

b, but reading the source Fi or Fe? - Funky MBTI in Fiction
I relate to both I guess, I have a fear of being a bad friend (Fi) in this description but I love sharing personal things (Fe)

2. Which one do you relate to more?

Ne: Generating possibilities, leaping from one idea to the next with only the vaguest idea of how one got to that conclusion without a through tracing, thinking in a tree pattern- each idea spawning more
Ne: AB... Balloon, floating, Chickadee, insane asylum, Z!

or

Ni: Drawing conclusions, all the pieces coming together subconsciously to form a whole, going from pieces to the final form without all the middle steps
Ni: ABC....Z

Ne, perfectly describes me

3. Te vs Ti
Do you relate to Ti or Te more?

Ti says A=B=C=D=E. It values a way of thinking in which there is a logical progression from one point to the next that creates a system. They focus on sorting out inconsistencies within their system, wanting it to "work," preferably without error. This is why Ti people tend to correct facts when they think you've mis-spoke - they tend to want consistency and accuracy, as this creates validity in their style of thinking. However well their system "works" on its own, Ti thinking sometimes misses the end goal/point, and is such criticized by

Te: A=E. Te people tend to be concerned with output and result. What's the end result or payout, regardless of the process or the way in which individual steps get you there, and does this amount to efficiency when all is said and done? Unlike Ti logic that deals with creating a structure that "works," Te logic simply uses what's around factually to make a strong case. "The facts are what they are, regardless of how or why, and they come together to prove X." The problem here is that sometimes Te thinking makes assumptions that are not valid and runs with them.

Te, in terms of this description, other descriptions more Ti

Not too sure if I'm doing this right, I'm probably not

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My first impression was ENFP. Your responses seem to confirm that.

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
lovely, thank you! I took a few online tests I got ENTP on the first and ENxP on the second. I also did a test with school recently and got ENTP. I honestly believe I probably still feel to much to be a true ENTP. ENFPs are mediators, I am not, I prefer the battle. Ugh this is so confusing.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
lovely, thank you! I took a few online tests I got ENTP on the first and ENxP on the second. I also did a test with school recently and got ENTP. I honestly believe I probably still feel to much to be a true ENTP. ENFPs are mediators, I am not, I prefer the battle. Ugh this is so confusing.

Not all ENFPs are people loving mediators just like not all ENTPs are irreverent devils advocates. The reason why I have a strong preference for the cognitive function model is because it easily allows you to see how "Feelers" can have very strong logical drives and "Thinkers" can have very strong value based ones. It think many people fall into the trap of seeing F/T as emotional/unemotional when all it means is that you prefer to make decisions based on fluid values or structured criteria.

Follow up question, do you see yourself or your enviornment as more "alive"? Would you say that your metaphorical "life sustaining warmth" comes from within you or outside of you? Do you see the world and it's experiences as the kindling to be used and sacrificed to enhance your inner experience? Or do you see your inner experiences as the kindling to be used and sacrificed to enhance the world?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I was just going to say NFP ;) I'm not sure what you mean about ENFPs here. If this helps here is a link describing Fe and Fi.

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
from the reading Fe wants to be part of a group Fi doesn't and wants to be individual. I've always considered myself "unique" (probably some 4 bullshit) but I have always gotten super anxious if I'm unable to please a group, I've also felt more comfortable in being part of the collective. Maybe its related?

Do you see yourself or your enviornment as more "alive"?
I see the world as more alive, my thought processes are completely neutral until the environment influences it. (which is often)

Would you say that your metaphorical "life sustaining warmth" comes from within you or outside of you?
Outside, I wouldn't consider myself as a particularly warm hearted person. I try to be as comforting to others and appear as such but really I have no clue.

Do you see the world and it's experiences as the kindling to be used and sacrificed to enhance your inner experience? Or do you see your inner experiences as the kindling to be used and sacrificed to enhance the world?
I don't look at the world in that way at all really. As much as I feel the environment heavily influences my thoughts, I don't think of the world as a resource. Nor do I think of my inner process to one either. I honestly think they both influence each other, with everyone's experience changing society and society changing the populations thought process.