• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I have absolutely no idea of my type.

Raccoon

I have been typed incorrectly before I think, and people seem to all have a different opinion. I am new here and figured that this was the best place to figure it out once and for all.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

No idea of type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I don't really know to be honest here. I just want to be happy, I would most like to be a counsellor or work in social law. I'm not a really ambitious person. It is important for me to have somebody to love, whether it be a friend or family member I don't mind. But someone I can connect with.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I felt my best when I am watching movies I think. I enjoy being absorbed in a story and I like creating 'artificial' emotion for fun. I also feel good when I am just browsing the internet, or with my best friend. I also love odd events such as the supernatural of mythical. I love solving crimes and mysteries. I really just want to find a person who I can connect with, but I have difficulty doing that. I think I would enjoy being engaged by someone who I can connect with most and that would make me feel happy and content.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I disappoint people or hurt them. I hate that. Not being the best friend I can be, or the best daughter. When I let myself down as well. By being hypocritical.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I will go with my gut, but I always weigh the consequences. I would make a mental pros and cons list, but ultimately whatever I feel is right in my heart is what I would go for. I tend to visualise the various ways a situation could go, before I act. Often this doesn't help because I end up constantly reviewing something that never happened.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't mind, whatever everyone else wants is fine by me unless nobody else does the work. I will step in and finish it.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Whenever somebody makes me laugh is when I have the most fun. Being around my best friend is usually the highlight of my day. I also have a lot of fun browsing the web. I remember feeling as though I am not in the real world, but a better, fictional place.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

A mixture of everything, but I theorize a lot.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I would say an 8/10.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense. I will never jump of the bandwagon per say. I want to make my own decisions.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Both, but probably the first one slightly more. I do believe in doing the right thing by yourself and others, but usually the right thing for me IS making sure everyone is doing fine in a given group. So the first one.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

One on one communication. I usually think before speaking but can occasionally start a sentence without really thinking about it if I am with a close friend.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I want to know where I am jumping, but sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. Actions speak louder than words, but words are important, too.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I would probably watch my show. I don't like going out, but if it is their birthday or something I would go.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Either bit judgemental and erratic or insanely depressed.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Fakery, arrogance, pretentiousness, emotional abuse and violence.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I will pretty much talk about anything if somebody wants to talk to me, but I wont be involved in bullying.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Probably big social gatherings.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends say that I am very funny and thoughtful. Kind and intelligent. They think I am smarter than I am. They appreciate that I can always see through them and others. They say that I counsel them. I am responsible and considerate. I don't think I am as kind as I could be.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

If I could do anything at all, I would live somebody else's life for a day. In reality, I would probably write some stories. Watch movies.

If this isn't enough, feel free to ask questions.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are an xxFx without a doubt. Perhaps IxFJ? I'm not very good at guessing from short answers. What type have you considered yourself being?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Agree with [MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION]. Fe > Ti seems really obvious for you. I'm less certain about your perceiving functions.

Are you interested in enneatype as well or just MBTI?

Raccoon

[MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION]

My enneagram is 2w, 5w, 4w if that helps. Is there anything I can say to help uncover my other functions? Any scenarios?

Raccoon

[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION]

I used to be typed as an INFJ, every single test I took I received that as my answer. However, multiple people have quite passionately told me that is not correct, suggesting INFP, ESTJ, ISFJ and ISFP and I have reached no real conclusion since then. I know have very little idea of what type I am because the more I look into it, the more I doubt and second-guess myself. I researched these and the only ones that came close to fitting were INFJ and INFP.

Raccoon

For more information-
My hobbies are:

Myths, mermaids, sea serpents, urban legends, mothman
Odd events in history
Researching odd religions and their connections with the world and other worlds.
Supernatural things and strange occurances
Computer Technology and Game design
Writing both fiction and other

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Tritype theory suggests that everybody has one enneatype from each core triad. The Heart triad contains 2, 3, and 4. The Head triad contains 5, 6, and 7. The Body triad contains 8, 9, and 1. As such, you can't have both 2 and 4 in your tritype. One of those would need to be a body type.

My impression so far is that you have a 2w3 heart and 1w9 body and social-first instincts.

But back to MBTI,

Let's ignore the functions for a second and focus on the dichotomies. Do you relate more to Sensation's practical, realistic, attention to objects, and detailed focus or do you relate more to Intuition's abstract, idealistic, attention to concepts, "big idea" focus? Try to set aside any value biases you have about the two. If you see Intuitors as naive, air-headed, perpetual victim liberals or Sensors as simple-minded, anti-intellectual conservatives, etc, try to ignore those.

Also, a scenario: When you find yourself joining a group for the first time where you don't know anyone, how do you approach it? Do you try to integrate into the group? Get a feel for everyone? Or are you more likely to keep to yourself and specifically what you want out of the group? Or do you do something completely different? Regardless of your answer, why do you think you take that approach?

Try to contrast your motivations and behaviors between a business/academic project group and a casual/recreational one. How much do you change your presentation between the two different settings? If you don't change a lot, what do you think about people who do change? If you do change, what do you think about people who don't?

Raccoon

Tritype theory suggests that everybody has one enneatype from each core triad. The Heart triad contains 2, 3, and 4. The Head triad contains 5, 6, and 7. The Body triad contains 8, 9, and 1. As such, you can't have both 2 and 4 in your tritype. One of those would need to be a body type.

My impression so far is that you have a 2w3 heart and 1w9 body and social-first instincts.

But back to MBTI,

Let's ignore the functions for a second and focus on the dichotomies. Do you relate more to Sensation's practical, realistic, attention to objects, and detailed focus or do you relate more to Intuition's abstract, idealistic, attention to concepts, "big idea" focus? Try to set aside any value biases you have about the two. If you see Intuitors as naive, air-headed, perpetual victim liberals or Sensors as simple-minded, anti-intellectual conservatives, etc, try to ignore those.

Also, a scenario: When you find yourself joining a group for the first time where you don't know anyone, how do you approach it? Do you try to integrate into the group? Get a feel for everyone? Or are you more likely to keep to yourself and specifically what you want out of the group? Or do you do something completely different? Regardless of your answer, why do you think you take that approach?

Try to contrast your motivations and behaviors between a business/academic project group and a casual/recreational one. How much do you change your presentation between the two different settings? If you don't change a lot, what do you think about people who do change? If you do change, what do you think about people who don't?

I relate more to the abstract, I enjoy unravelling concept and do have a "big idea" focus on life. For the scenario, I would want to get to know everybody, but I would just let it happen. If somebody wanted to talk to me, I would willingly have a conversation with them. But I wouldn't actively seek out alone time with each person. I think I am this way because I have social anxiety so that might interfere with my reaction. If I could do it any way I wanted to, I would get to know each individual so that I could make sure I understand them and where they are at. I am also known in groups as the person who cares the most for each person. For example, others wont talk to a person in the group because they don't like them. Although I might not get along well with this person, I understand that they too have feelings and you can't ignore somebody because it will make them unhappy, so I try to connect with them.

I change a lot. When academic groups are involved I am practically silent. I am uncomfortable, but try to be as kind as I can. If I disagree with something I will probably not mention it. I will act more academic.

In my group of friends I am a bit zany, odd, joking and a lot more talkative. We usually talk about mythical ideas, and concepts about the way humans interact the way they do, what causes things to occur. That sort of stuff. I am a lot more relaxed and feel all the emotions of the group.

I have no opinion on people who don't change, that is just who they are.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been typed incorrectly before I think, and people seem to all have a different opinion. I am new here and figured that this was the best place to figure it out once and for all.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

No idea of type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I don't really know to be honest here. I just want to be happy, I would most like to be a counsellor or work in social law. I'm not a really ambitious person. It is important for me to have somebody to love, whether it be a friend or family member I don't mind. But someone I can connect with.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I felt my best when I am watching movies I think. I enjoy being absorbed in a story and I like creating 'artificial' emotion for fun. I also feel good when I am just browsing the internet, or with my best friend. I also love odd events such as the supernatural of mythical. I love solving crimes and mysteries. I really just want to find a person who I can connect with, but I have difficulty doing that. I think I would enjoy being engaged by someone who I can connect with most and that would make me feel happy and content.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

When I disappoint people or hurt them. I hate that. Not being the best friend I can be, or the best daughter. When I let myself down as well. By being hypocritical.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I will go with my gut, but I always weigh the consequences. I would make a mental pros and cons list, but ultimately whatever I feel is right in my heart is what I would go for. I tend to visualise the various ways a situation could go, before I act. Often this doesn't help because I end up constantly reviewing something that never happened.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I don't mind, whatever everyone else wants is fine by me unless nobody else does the work. I will step in and finish it.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Whenever somebody makes me laugh is when I have the most fun. Being around my best friend is usually the highlight of my day. I also have a lot of fun browsing the web. I remember feeling as though I am not in the real world, but a better, fictional place.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

A mixture of everything, but I theorize a lot.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I would say an 8/10.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense. I will never jump of the bandwagon per say. I want to make my own decisions.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Both, but probably the first one slightly more. I do believe in doing the right thing by yourself and others, but usually the right thing for me IS making sure everyone is doing fine in a given group. So the first one.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

One on one communication. I usually think before speaking but can occasionally start a sentence without really thinking about it if I am with a close friend.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I want to know where I am jumping, but sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. Actions speak louder than words, but words are important, too.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I would probably watch my show. I don't like going out, but if it is their birthday or something I would go.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Either bit judgemental and erratic or insanely depressed.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Fakery, arrogance, pretentiousness, emotional abuse and violence.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I will pretty much talk about anything if somebody wants to talk to me, but I wont be involved in bullying.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

Probably big social gatherings.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends say that I am very funny and thoughtful. Kind and intelligent. They think I am smarter than I am. They appreciate that I can always see through them and others. They say that I counsel them. I am responsible and considerate. I don't think I am as kind as I could be.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

If I could do anything at all, I would live somebody else's life for a day. In reality, I would probably write some stories. Watch movies.

If this isn't enough, feel free to ask questions.

INFP seems very very possible for you.

á´…eparted

passages
If I didn't know any better, I'd guess this is Raccoon Love from the INFJforums. Writing style is very similar, and the information basically fits. If that's the case I am going with INFP based off previous information, plus this. People can change over 4 years a TON, in particular given your age. Nevertheless, the material has stayed largely consistent, so I am inclined to think INFP is still accurate. Enneagram I can't say, but 2 doesn't seem correct.

If I have mistaken you for someone else, then I stand correct and tentitively say INFP.

Raccoon

If I didn't know any better, I'd guess this is Raccoon Love from the INFJforums. Writing style is very similar, and the information basically fits. If that's the case I am going with INFP based off previous information, plus this. People can change over 4 years a TON, in particular given your age. Nevertheless, the material has stayed largely consistent, so I am inclined to think INFP is still accurate. Enneagram I can't say, but 2 doesn't seem correct.

If I have mistaken you for someone else, then I stand correct and tentitively say INFP.

If I could have taken that username, I would have. Unfortunately that is not me haha.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I deem INFJ.