• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am just flying over here like a bird carried by the wind....

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
of MBTI and another type crisis. I had been typed INFP for quite a time, but recently as someone might have noticed, I changed it to INFJ. Now what's the confusion, quite a few things really. I might have a list, that might or might not be clear enough to evaluate. I've got some things against and for types and functions, so if anyone is willing to participate I'd be glad.

So why not Fi:
-I know when I am going to say that I carry on no moral or ethical values, some might argue that the word morality or ethics is neither right nor precise enough to describe the true essence of introverted feeling, but I am here to say... I can hardly imagine an INFP that is unethical or immoral even in a traditional sense of way. I have a healthy sense of morals, but I can hardly say they are my guide in life, nor that they carry most of the importance.
-Now what is really important for me is my sense of self and individuality, which definitely screams Fi, but the emphasis I put on myself in ethical way are weakened by the sense of vision I try to carry on. More so in the means of artistic, original and aesthetic idea of the self and of the world around. I have a strong idea of who I want to be and a strong sense of how I want the world around me be changed and adapted to this personal vision.
-The strongest emphasis I put on matters of art and aesthetics, which for me are a form of applying this ideal into the real world. Everything I do, everything I wear, everything I say is just an expression of the ideal I carry in my mind, from the most basic things to the most important.
- I am decisive, individualistic and stubborn when it comes to this ideal of myself and my environment, rarely let anyone else to have any word to it and ready to fight for my absolute control over it at any moment. That's why I can't stand the idea of being too close to anyone, too open or too vulnerable.
- I am fairly conflictual person for an Fi user I do not start meaningless arguments, but mainly I am intellectually aware of, or at least I believe I am, smarter than average. So picking up strongly intellectual, or abstract fight with no personal emphasis is really no problem for me. In such fight I am objective, impersonal and fairly detached from any emotions or morals.
- Whenever I see something's wrong I feel like I need to pin point it. Not to degrade anyone, just to make a point and to actually help people to see what's right.
- I am fairly critical for an F generally

Why Ni
- I honestly think my valuing of individuality, art and aesthetics are far more Ni than anything else.
- My ideal and vision I try to follow are also more Ni.
- I am hyper aware of the aesthetics, fashion and style and their impact, but not like Se users. I am aware of how they manifest an idea, an individuality a thought. And that's all I want to and ever wanted... The expression of idea through a piece of art. And art can be anything, even the clothes I'm wearing right now is the expression of myself and therefore a piece of art.
- I judge people, things and my environment based on the patterns I noticed. I read through their image, their mimic, their style of walk and I can notice things that really might not be obvious to others.
- For an Ne user, I am fairly aware of my opinions and fairly stubborn and rigid about their rightness.
- I am good at seeing one thing in many different perspectives. And by many I mean... thousands and hundreds. I see everything as subjective and relative.
- I know how to work with symbols that work in a group or community to create an illusion I want to. For example I know how to dress to create a certain idea of myself, that's basically all I do... I create an idea...of something...
I create an idea of me, the world, how it should be and why it should be.

I know, only 2 functions. But these are the 2 I am mostly torn between. Now I want to know whether what I wrote is more Ni or Fi and what possible type it might create? I am also aware of the fact I am an e 4 and a lot of stuff I wrote there is pure enneagram 4. Sometimes it's hard to see where the enneagram begins and the MBTI ends, that might make the whole thing a bit unclear. Although I believe it's clear enough to analyze, so if anyone has an insight... I can add other functions too, those 2 are just basis of my doubt so far.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
-The strongest emphasis I put on matters of art and aesthetics, which for me are a form of applying this ideal into the real world. Everything I do, everything I wear, everything I say is just an expression of the ideal I carry in my mind, from the most basic things to the most important.
- I am decisive, individualistic and stubborn when it comes to this ideal of myself and my environment, rarely let anyone else to have any word to it and ready to fight for my absolute control over it at any moment. That's why I can't stand the idea of being too close to anyone, too open or too vulnerable.
- I am fairly conflictual person for an Fi user I do not start meaningless arguments, but mainly I am intellectually aware of, or at least I believe I am, smarter than average. So picking up strongly intellectual, or abstract fight with no personal emphasis is really no problem for me. In such fight I am objective, impersonal and fairly detached from any emotions or morals.
- Whenever I see something's wrong I feel like I need to pin point it. Not to degrade anyone, just to make a point and to actually help people to see what's right.
- I am fairly critical for an F generally

Why Ni
- I honestly think my valuing of individuality, art and aesthetics are far more Ni than anything else.
- My ideal and vision I try to follow are also more Ni.
- I am hyper aware of the aesthetics, fashion and style and their impact, but not like Se users. I am aware of how they manifest an idea, an individuality a thought. And that's all I want to and ever wanted... The expression of idea through a piece of art. And art can be anything, even the clothes I'm wearing right now is the expression of myself and therefore a piece of art.
- I judge people, things and my environment based on the patterns I noticed. I read through their image, their mimic, their style of walk and I can notice things that really might not be obvious to others.
- For an Ne user, I am fairly aware of my opinions and fairly stubborn and rigid about their rightness.
- I am good at seeing one thing in many different perspectives. And by many I mean... thousands and hundreds. I see everything as subjective and relative.
- I know how to work with symbols that work in a group or community to create an illusion I want to. For example I know how to dress to create a certain idea of myself, that's basically all I do... I create an idea...of something...
I create an idea of me, the world, how it should be and why it should be.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't have many thoughts here but I think you are an Fi/Te at least - Fi, Se, and Ni make a lot of sense based on your information here. Do you think you are definitely an F type though? I'm considering ISFP/INTJ but thats just my opinion:)

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8584]SpankyMcFly[/MENTION]

I have a hard time relating to both Se and Te.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a sense of aesthetics, but not in an Se way. I am usually fairly unaware of the sensual emphasis of my environment, but I am rather of what idea that certain aesthetics might represent. I am not good at observing what is right in front of me, I rather put more attention on what does the object in front of mean? What does it represents and why is it there? The overall idea of representation is very close to me. I know how one thing can pose as something else and how the different object are connected to create a whole.
I am terrible at being active, responsive or aware of the moment. I am a huge procrastinator, because I see all the sides of the issue.

When it comes to Te, I am so inactive and terrible at any kind of organization, that I doubt I can be a Te user. The true is, I value objective facts, critics and argues based on visible facts that can be easily generalized, or analysed, but I miss the spirit of a logical organizator.

If this can be any helpful my congnitive functions test results:

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (65%)
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (65%)
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (55%)
Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (55%)
Si (Introverted Sensing) (45%)
Fi (Introverted Feeling) (45%)
Se (Extroverted Sensing) (5%)
Based on this my type seems unlcear. Now I know the tests are not 100% accurate, but 'come on 5% Se for an ISFP type and really... I have like a terrible lack of Se, I lack it so much I should cry...

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I noticed your answer in your OP but I didn't understand what you meant before. I can see why you think you an intuitive dominant from this, and it seems like how Ni doms suppress Se. More likely an Ni user I think...I'm not good at differentiating Ni/Ne tbh
I guess its your type 4 enneagram that makes you seem like an Fi type;)

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a sense of aesthetics, but not in an Se way. I am usually fairly unaware of the sensual emphasis of my environment, but I am rather of what idea that certain aesthetics might represent. I am not good at observing what is right in front of me, I rather put more attention on what does the object in front of mean? What does it represents and why is it there? The overall idea of representation is very close to me. I know how one thing can pose as something else and how the different object are connected to create a whole.

This sounds like what Michael Pierce was describing with Se perception and Ni, that their perceptions are indirect associative blurred relationship with their impressions of objects. @5:20 or so.

I am terrible at being active, responsive or aware of the moment. I am a huge procrastinator, because I see all the sides of the issue.

Being active isn't necessarily Se or not.

When it comes to Te, I am so inactive and terrible at any kind of organization, that I doubt I can be a Te user.

If you are an ISFP Te is in inferior position and you are young. Give it 20 years :)

The true is, I value objective facts, critics and argues based on visible facts that can be easily generalized, or analysed, but I miss the spirit of a logical organizator.

You are describing Te imo.

If this can be any helpful my congnitive functions test results

The questions they use for cognitive function tests are weak. I don't trust the results.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This sounds like what Michael Pierce was describing with Se perception and Ni, that their perceptions are indirect associative blurred relationship with their impressions of objects. @5:20 or so.

Being active isn't necessarily Se or not.

If you are an ISFP Te is in inferior position and you are young. Give it 20 years :)

You are describing Te imo.

The questions they use for cognitive function tests are weak. I don't trust the results.

I still think my Se is extremly weak and unused

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think you have it right with INFP, and this is a bit of a miniature identity 'crisis', the result of an Ne-Si 'loop', one considering new possibilities and then the other saying, 'ah but remember this', with Fi tying it all down in a half search for 'new identity in the maybes'(while still stating in the back of the mind like a petulant child, "But this is what I am")- that will likely end up back at INFP.

But good luck Inis- on your INFP search for self understanding. I shall wait here for further contributions to this, interested to see where it will go.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you have it right with INFP, and this is a bit of a miniature identity 'crisis', the result of an Ne-Si 'loop', one considering new possibilities and then the other saying, 'ah but remember this', with Fi tying it all down in a half search for 'new identity in the maybes'(while still stating in the back of the mind like a petulant child, "But this is what I am")- that will likely end up back at INFP.

But good luck Inis- on your INFP search for self understanding. I shall wait here for further contributions to this, interested to see where it will go.

Actually, I think you're totally right

Kas

Fabula rasa
I see now that when i took a shot at typing you (as ISFP) it was a misfire.

I think [MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] is right then :) And you are INFP searching and analyziing yourself.