• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I feel untypable

Dory

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
pff
REALLY. Here are some things I wrote to my friend in regards to my type:

also, I think I'm a Ni user after a long talk with my mom. I'm ambitious, driven, and whenever I sat my mind on something, I do it. Always. Even as a kid, I decided that I won't go in my parents' bed because my younger sister started going to them at night, and I did it and never went back again. Or when I was very little and wanted to stay at my grandparents' house and they joked about the fact that my parents will probably have to pick me up at night (my cousins would always cry in the middle of the night and want to go home, and they were older than me). Guess who stayed till night? Me. And reflecting on my teenage years (like, 8th grade) I'm Fi. My mom thinks my sister is crazy, though I had the same thoughts and feelings as her only that I didn't want attention and kept my feelings inside. Now I had to tell her that it happens to everyone so she'll come down about my sister, so I just told her how shitty I felt in that age and I just didn't bother to tell her because it's stupid. But no, my sister has to go to a therapist and do some attention whoring plus being overly clingy facepalms also I started to feel worse when I stopped being physically active, and as soon as I started to get back to that I felt better. Like, I was in a Fi/Ni loop, and now I'm either an ISFP or INTJ? Don't know. Maybe ENTJ?? I might as well be extrovert.

To be honest, I just noticed how often I like to be alone. And for exmaple- that hate for clinginess, I don't like people depending on me all that much. Also I had just realized that I'm not as much as a people pleaser as I thought- I mean, I like making people happy and get that reaction from others and stuff, but tbh I set goals for myself, I have high expectations of myself because I know what I'm capable of. I don't try to please others, ever. I try to please myself. I put my happiness above others'. I'm not afraid of failing to live up to others' expectations, I'm afraid of not living up to my own ideals

And here's a questionnaire:

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it's very subjective. To me, anyway- beauty is aesthetic. Luxurious castles, well groomed gardens, the beautiful nature, complex, well detailed artworks and animation films that look realistic, fashion, etc. I love beautiful things. I might be a bit superficial in that aspect, but oh well. I used to think loving something or someone is putting them above yourself. While I do believe that's true, I think you should love yourself as well. You should love things as much as you love yourself. Loving someone shouldn't come at your own expense.

2. What are your most important values?
To be loyal, kind, good, polite, hardworking. To live and let live. I'm not sure, I value different qualities in different things, it depends on the situation. In people, I admire people who get the job done and are ambitious.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I believe that there's a God, but its too abstract to be defined by rules, religions, worships, etc. I just can't believe this is all random, by chance- there's got to be a meaning to our existence. We can't just be here, live our lives, then die. Like most people, I refuse to accept the opinion that we're all just insignificant and don't matter in the long run, so believing in something is definitely soothing. I really hope there's something out there.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
The biggest weapon of all is diplomacy, I believe we can talk everything out. However, if someone is shooting missiles at me, I'm gonna shoot back. You can't just sit around doing nothing if someone's attacking you. Power is being in control, having possessions. It's also having advantage over others; knowledge is power, etc.

Interests

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I don't have long conversations, not often anyway. If I do, the topic changes constantly. I just enjoy talking with the person I'm having the conversation with. Oh wait, I can talk about things that bother me for hours (politics, racism, feminism, etc.) and if someone gets me to open up I can talk about the lousy week I had, or play the counselor to my friends. My current interests are sleeping. Now seriously, my interests are art, music and literature- true expression of human nature and are great beauty; science, because it explains the rules of the universe; philosophy, because it explains the ethics of the universe; law, I'm not sure why I'm so interested with rules like I am; psychology, because it explains human nature, and more because that's all I got now. However, I'm more of a hobbies person rather than interests; I draw, write, dance and play piano for pretty much my whole life. I don't have old hobbies that I left, when I pick up something seriously I stick with it.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Literally no one ever talks to me about this as a subject of conversation, but I think it's very interesting to have smalltalk about this. I always keep myself healthy, eat good, try to exercise regularly and sleep enough. I also always have my makeup and hair done, and wear nice clothes. I like to look good and be fit. You can say I'm focused on my body, yes.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
Someone needs to do them, it might as well be me because my sister don't do shit. I live at peace with them, honestly. I like to have my place tidy though my room is a mess; once a month I organize everything. I mostly do the chores because I hate to feel that there's something undone, and my mother would yell at me for doing nothing :/

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Harry Potter, always <3 Now seriously, the things that has caught me interest in an extreme way (i.e obsession) are:
  • Doctor Who- I've seen The Empty Child as a 6th grader and I've been scarred for like six months later. After two years I decided to watch an episode to get over the fear, and I was hooked. I liked the space thingys, seeing the characters do cool stuff against all odds, and I guess I like being scared. I really need to watch more horror films.
  • Once Upon a Time- I really enjoy things being reinvented, and a modern take of the fairytale stories is cool. Season 1 was amazing, but everything else was pretty mediocre, but I'm just so in love with the not so evil queen Regina and Lana Parrilla, the actress who portrays her. I enjoy her redemption arc a lot, I think it gives the right message.
  • American Horror Story: Asylum- I love all AHS season, but Asylum was the BEST thing I've ever seen, true masterpiece. The characters were complex psychologically speaking and incredibly real. The season was dark and scary because it was so real. Forever missing Lana Winter </3
  • Pope Joanne- a book about a feminist in medieval times? What's not to love?
  • Tim Burton films- I like weird things and Helena Bonham Carter, so obviously Tim Burton's films are my cup of tea. Fantasy is something I've always enjoyed.
  • Parks and Recreation- best comedy TV series ever. I love the wonderful cast- a representation of females and males, not all white, not all skinny and perfect looking, but hilarious and talented as hell. Also, Leslie Knope is my kind of gal- feminist, enthusiastic about what she does and all around a wonderful person.
  • Fraiser- a friend got me into this, so I blame her. This show is just so clever, and even though it's a comedy characters don't fall into one dimensional stereotypes, a thing that happens too often in sitcoms. Also, hurray for strong female characters again, and I enjoy the characters' oneliners so much; it's like, they don't really have an unintelligent or a dumb characters (like Joey from Friends, Kelso from that 70's Show) and everyone is just so witty.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I cry from everything and anything; joy, sadness, excitement, everything. I recently watch Inside Out and I cried like, 6 times. When I said I really, really enjoyed the movie my father said "How? You cried all the time!". I smile when I need to look cute or make a good impression, or when I'm amused.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
In nature, when I travel in Europe and I see a big, clean, blue lake surrounded by trees, or snowy mountains or rainy forests. I inhale the fresh air and feel so at peace. Also, in castles and palaces. Say what you want, in my past life I was totally a princess.

Evaluation & Behaviour

11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Being too passive about people and putting things on hold too often, and at the same time being a control freak who's slightly too uptight to her own good. Other than that, not much. I would like to live up to my outgoing image (I seem very nice and friendly, but then I don't want to leave my house ever). I don't always stand up to people. I avoid talking to people and insist doing stuff by myself. I don't trust others enough. People see me as either too sympathetic or too cold.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
After a self study, I've come to conclusion that my favorite traits of mine are that I'm crazily ambitious, decisive when it's not about MBTI (if I decide that I'll do something, I do it. Ever since I was a kid it's like that), and that I'm super optimistic, more than anyone else. I'm very responsible. To the extreme. I make sure to state my opinion always, if I have one. I'm all around sweet and kind, and I've been told I put on a good atmosphere. I'm pretty smiley and cool so people tend to like me, I somehow stand up from the crowd, I'm always noticed. Not sure why, though. My friend told me that a friend of hers that has only met me twice said that he thinks that I'm "the best person he's ever met, but he's pretty afraid I'm gonna punch him". I don't know, I have a weird thing where I don't take crap from anyone and yet don't stand up for myself often if I'm not in the mood. I'm good with people, quite charismatic and confident in myself.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
NONE, I'M DOING FINE ON MY OWN, THANK YOU. Unless it's math, please help me with that.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Either too much work, or not work at all. I need balance in my life, I don't handle extreme situations.

People & Interactions

15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like people who are chill, don't make a fuss over everything, are humorous. I tend to like artists. I like weirdos, all of my friends are weirdos. To the extreme. But those are my friends. In general, I admire people who are ambitious and can get things done and take charge. I don't get along with them so much usually, but I admire that quality. I talked with my mother yesterday about the kind of person I'd like to date: confident, cool, chill and funny. And I'd like them to be mean to everyone else but me haha.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
Sex is a little weird for me now because I'm not even 17 yet, but I guess with the right person I'd want it. Though I have to admit that I don't fall in love, ever. I'm not a romantic kind of girl at all. People always have crushes on me, but I don't crush on anyone. If someone starts talking to me in a romantic matter I like to date and see how things goes, but in my experience people tend to take it too fast and plan on me on the long term, which I hate- I want to live the moment, get to know the other person, take the time. Everyone seems to be in such a rush to get me into a relationship and I don't know why.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
First of all, to make sure they have a place to stay and that all their physical needs are met. Other than that, I'd raise them to be confident and at peace with themselves, to be kind to others, to encourage their curiosity.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Different opinions are great, I'd form a discussion as I state my opinions and be interested in hearing what they have to say (though I might go into defense mood at first, trying to defend my opinion). If their opinion is harmful to others, I'll tell them off. Or just not start the discussion because I know this argument will be pointless and will lead to nowhere good.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
Society can be so judgmental at times, it's insane. When people will learn to accept one another and not interfere with others' lives, we will finally live in peace.
Social problems are homophobia, transphobia, sexism, racism against minority groups and the lack of representation of minorities in the media, racism against white people (you can't fight fire with fire), meninists.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I have a hard time really connecting with people. It took me a few years to actually find friends that I like and hold my interest, not to mention a real affection towards them, like- I'd care if I moved to another country and didn't see them regularly anymore. I used to not care lol. We just became a group, really. They're all different and special, and I guess I like them because of their individuality or something. I behave as the "adult in charge" (they always tell me I remind them of ExxJ characters haha) to keep everyone at order hahaha, we're all just scattered. I don't talk to them as often as I should, though.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
I'm a delight. Everyone likes me. I'm polite, smiling, and stuff. People tend to love me.

I think I'm somewhere on the xNTJ/xSFP spectrum, but I'm not sure. Analyze me, people!

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
xSFx
This questionnaire is difficult but I think you are most likely a sensor. Answers like 6. suggest a sensing preference. You seem to have a let and live attitude and a broad perspective so possibly an Pe dominant (Ne/Se) which makes sense for an SFP. My guess is SFP and leaning towards ESFP

Dory

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
pff
xSFx
This questionnaire is difficult but I think you are most likely a sensor. Answers like 6. suggest a sensing preference. You seem to have a let and live attitude and a broad perspective so possibly an Pe dominant (Ne/Se) which makes sense for an SFP. My guess is SFP and leaning towards ESFP

Thank you :D Why ESFP over ISFP? I'm not sure if my Se is strong enough to be dominant.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you :D Why ESFP over ISFP? I'm not sure if my Se is strong enough to be dominant.

ESFP was only if I had to guess. I am only sure about you being a xSFx. I think of the difference between I/E is head in the clouds vs feet on the ground. I saw more Se than Fi in your questionnaire, but a questionnaire is not enough to be sure of ones type, especially with SFPs because of their Se :)

Dory

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
pff
ESFP was only if I had to guess. I am only sure about you being a xSFx. I think of the difference between I/E is head in the clouds vs feet on the ground. I saw more Se than Fi in your questionnaire, but a questionnaire is not enough to be sure of ones type, especially with SFPs because of their Se :)

Got it, thank you! Anyone else has more input to give?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi... a lot of Fi with the small amount of desire for some more Te. ISFP is my best guess

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
xSFx

Anwser 6 is very Si when I think of it, but the rest of the answers are failry Fi>Fe.

BTW introversion vs. extroversion has nothing to do with the head in the cloulds vs. practical attitude. Introverts can be very down to earth and practical. Jungian psychology describes introversion as a subjective and personal relationship towards reality, that is based on the subject, rather than on the object.

Dory

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
pff
Anwser 6 is very Si when I think of it, but the rest of the answers are failry Fi>Fe.

BTW introversion vs. extroversion has nothing to do with the head in the cloulds vs. practical attitude. Introverts can be very down to earth and practical. Jungian psychology describes introversion as a subjective and personal relationship towards reality, that is based on the subject, rather than on the object.

Oh no, I don't think of head in the clouds/down to earth as I/E, more N/S- sensors are more down to earth, that's why I'm pretty sure I am one. I'm just pretty talkative and outgoing for an introvert I guess.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You want an analyzis Dory?
Here you go:
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, it's very subjective - Fi, might be seen as Si as well, but as you continue with
To me, anyway- beauty is aesthetic. Luxurious castles, well groomed gardens, the beautiful nature, complex, well detailed artworks and animation films that look realistic, fashion, etc. I love beautiful things. I might be a bit superficial in that aspect, but oh well. I used to think loving something or someone is putting them above yourself. It's clear you're using Se supported by an Fi, while Fi seems to have stronger emphasis than Se.
To be loyal, kind, good, polite, hardworking. To live and let live. I'm not sure, I value different qualities in different things, it depends on the situation. In people, I admire people who get the job done and are ambitious. Getting the job done, hard work and ambition, points toward Te and Se combination along with Fi in play.
The biggest weapon of all is diplomacy, I believe we can talk everything out. However, if someone is shooting missiles at me, I'm gonna shoot back. You can't just sit around doing nothing if someone's attacking you. Power is being in control, having possessions. It's also having advantage over others; knowledge is power, etc.
Very well, more Fi+Se than I thought.
Now seriously, my interests are art, music and literature- true expression of human nature
-Fi
In nature, when I travel in Europe and I see a big, clean, blue lake surrounded by trees, or snowy mountains or rainy forests. I inhale the fresh air and feel so at peace. Also, in castles and palaces. Say what you want, in my past life I was totally a princess.
Quite a great load of Se

The questionnaire you took is actually socionics one and it screams that you're a gamma quadra. ESI-ethical sensing introvert Fi+Se is definitly your socionics type. Gamma quadra inclueds ENTj, INTps, ESFps and ISFjs and is built upon Te, Ni, Fi, Se cognitive functions that would absolutly explain why you're torn between xNTJ (Te+Ni) and xSFP(Fe+Si) in MBTI as well.

Dory

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
pff
[MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION] wow, thank you so much!

Yeah, I know it's Socionics, I think it's more in depth than regular MBTI questionnaires. Anyway, thank you for your full analyses! I could definitely see ISFP :D

pluviophile

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
NFI
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see a lot of Fi in what you said and also Te. It really seems you are S over N. I can't tell for sure about I/E or P/J.

Have you tried all the tests? Have you looked up the dominant functions of those types to see if you relate more to one or another? Do you have a clear understanding of the difference between S vs. N or I vs. E? What do you see the differences as?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
You sound SF and I would guess introverted. ISFP sp/? maybe.

Dory

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
pff
[MENTION=25370]pluviophile[/MENTION] I did, I studied MBTI for two years. I love Fe, but on the other hand I kind suck at it, and I'm not good with Ne and Ti. D: I can see myself as a Fi, Te, Ni and Si dom.
[MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] that seems to be the consensus :D thanks!
[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] I think so as well.

HOWEVER, I have a few questions:

Can an ISFP be a perfectionist control freak? Because I can really be like that more than I like to admit which is a park of the fact I used to self identify as an ExTJ. I mean, I can be easy going about stuff but still a bit bossy and under stress I become a massive control freak that has to have EVERYTHING in control?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25370]pluviophile[/MENTION] I did, I studied MBTI for two years. I love Fe, but on the other hand I kind suck at it, and I'm not good with Ne and Ti. D: I can see myself as a Fi, Te, Ni and Si dom.
[MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] that seems to be the consensus :D thanks!
[MENTION=4515]wolfy[/MENTION] I think so as well.

HOWEVER, I have a few questions:

Can an ISFP be a perfectionist control freak? Because I can really be like that more than I like to admit which is a park of the fact I used to self identify as an ExTJ. I mean, I can be easy going about stuff but still a bit bossy and under stress I become a massive control freak that has to have EVERYTHING in control?

Being a perfectionist is a part of being an Fi dominant users... also being a control freak is a common Se+Te combination, there is a lot of Te aspiration in your answers.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Everyone is. This is a charade, just ask Stephan Molyneux. Fun but astrologyesque

Dory

MBTI Type
haha
Enneagram
pff
[MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION] that actually makes me feel a lot better, considering my friends always tell me I remind them of ExTJ character because I take control xD [MENTION=24527]Jet Stream[/MENTION] I guess everyone in a way is like that, but I feel like I'm more than others haha