• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

HELP! Unsure of my Type!

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Hello! I've been in search of my type for a while now and due to my indecisiveness, self doubt, self absorb-ness, and inability to view myself objectively I have not been able to do so. I was hoping based on the following random questions answered below and ANY questions you'd like me to answer, you can help me find my MBTI type. I'm a 9w1 on the enneagram...if that helps.

Would you consider yourself observant?

I view being observant as being in touch with your environment and living in the moment. By this definition, I do not consider myself observant. Quite the opposite really, I have my head-in-the-clouds most of the time. Either occupied with thoughts or romantic fantasies. I find it difficult to objectively view an environment or live in the moment. I often notice things hours after everyone else has or I’ll notice the pattern of a wallpaper months after I’ve moved in a house. In general, I do not concern myself with being entirely in the moment [unless I am at a beautiful beach or forest…although, even then I am in my head ;)]

Do you like to keep to schedules or are you more do what you want when you want type of girl?

Definitively the latter. I don’t like to adhere to any routine when I am at home relaxing in my PJs. At work, I do tolerate routine and schedules because I can see it’s value and importance. I literally don’t plan my day during weekends. I need to have a vague sense of work to do during weekdays or I’ll never get anything done. But I cannot live my life on some sort of detailed and comprehensive routine…it’s appalling and scary to me.

Are you often thinking of stuff so much so that you seem distant?

Yes! I am often thinking of stuff so much so that I seem distant. I love to construct so many stories in my head it's almost impossible for me to keep track of all of them. I really don't concern myself with future plans - I am not at all ambitious. I have literally come up with various ways my life can turn out in the future. Somehow I can always come up with more and more different ways of how my life will turn out. I am indecisive to a fault.

Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you?

Yes. I believe if you ask everyone who has ever gotten to know me in my entire life, each of them will have a different image of me. That could be due to individual subjective biases but also because I can morph into different people to fit different environments or people. I can’t really describe it but I sort of put up an incredibly convincing persona that appeals or unappeals people. I can manipulate people’s perceptions of me…or at least I think I can.

I find it hard to objectively view/describe myself and generally hate introducing myself to others. Because I can easily see myself being both goo and bad, selfish and selfless, morally sound and amoral…How can I describe myself when I am constantly changing like the course of a river over time?

How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I definitely prefer one-on-one interaction over group interactions. I just find it frustrating when people ask me a question and don’t give me enough time to think it through. Sometimes I come up with these amazing answers long after the conversation had ended. I am not a social butterfly but I can be very talkative if I know you very well – I can literally go on for hours.

What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I really have no ambition, no desire, no plans, no nothing. I am a live and let live kind of person. I dislike the fact that most people think the opposite when they meet me for the first time. They think I am a quiet girl who is studious and wants to get in to the top universities in my country and become a doctor or lawyer. But that is far from the truth – I am not studious, I dislike school, and I’d be just as happy to go to college or study arts or psychology if I felt like it.
I dislike planning for the future because it makes no sense to me. After struggling through an existential crisis, I have come to see life as meaningless and therefore – there is no way to truly succeed or fail in life. I don’t care for money, or fame, or luxury. All I care about is being able to sustain myself and provide for myself. I know I can make most of the jobs [out there] work for me.

I do however know that I don’t want to have any children in my life and that I never want to get married and “settle down” or do any of the things that is societally seen as goals [aka. The home with a white picket fence, a loving husband, and 2.5 kids]. I am also as irreligious as it gets. These things are the only thing I am 100% certain about.

I'll be more than happy to answer any additional questions you have. Thank You!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
This was like looking into a slightly distorted mirror of myself.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
ADDITIONALLY, i'd like to include the following observations i've made in regards to cognitive functions....

Fi/Te vs Fe/Ti

The primary reason I am not pulled towards either Fi or Fe is because I cannot relate to being either in touch with my own feelings, but not others’ or in touch with other’s feelings, but not my own. Typically, I am not concerned about others feelings and states. I like harmony and hate warfare or any conflicts. I cannot stand other people fighting but I usually don’t do anything about it (resolve conflicts). My interpersonal skills suck and I am usually a loner.

I relate to one particular line in Michael Pierce’s function video. He mentioned that, Fe/Ti users are usually attracted to movies/stories about a group of people that overcome their individual differences to accomplish a singular goal/objective.[aka. The “ragtag bunch of misfits” trope]. That cannot be anymore true for me. In retrospect, most of the shows/books/movies I enjoy, have been about the same thing. [Eg. Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers, Xmen, Heroes, Borris’s Crash into Me, etc.]

I can relate to Te users habit to talking out loud and Ti users habit to process things internally. Mostly, I lean towards Ti.

I think I am a Fe/Ti user and that since my family and immediate friends are all Fi/Te users, I am mirroring them. However, if this is the case, I have a particularly underdeveloped Fe because I only use it for venting out/sharing my own feelings rather than understanding others feelings and mediating.

If I am a Fi user, I am not very good at discerning my feelings all the time. Sometimes I can’t really describe my feelings in words.

Ni/Se vs Ne /Si

I am lazy. Naturally, I do not relate to the whole “active and energetic” Se thing. I stress about the future and not knowing what I want to do with the rest of my life…but I am not as ambitious and future-goal oriented as Ni-doms can be.

I do relate to the whole Si “comparing reality to things they’ve heard/read/seen before” I do that a lot! I am always comparing one thing to something that I’ve experienced or seen or read before.

So my guess is that I use Si and underdeveloped Ne. Or my perception of Ni/Se is misconstrued.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
This was like looking into a slightly distorted mirror of myself.

Thanks for your comment. :) I believe I do display a lot of 9w1 traits, and that might be the reason why you saw particular traits of yourself in my personality.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are definitely an introvert. When reading your questionnaire I was thinking ISxx?( and I also related to your questionnaire ^-^) and from your later post I am convinced that you use those functions. Your Fe/Ti example seems Fe, so maybe...ISFJ? I think that type is likely.