• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Identity crisis questionnaire

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
I'm having some kind of identity crisis here and started questioning my type (infp). This questionnaire is from [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]'s questionnaire topic and seemed to have the best questions. So... Could I have some insight about my type, please:

Default Personality Cafe MBTI Questionnaire

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I feel like that through years I've gathered so many layers of me so it's really difficult to see inside my true self. Our society shapes us, education shapes us, our experiences shape us. How much of my personality is just learned behavior of what I believe is expected from me? I fear that I'm starting to lose touch of myself and filling this questionnaire might itself give me some important guidance.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? Mental and spiritual fulfillment. That I feel my life's got a meaning, that I'm not just existing. Being able to do something good in this universe.

4) What makes you feel inferior?If I open up to somebody and that person mocks my opinions and thoughts. Don't they know how much it takes to reveal myself! I could be naked in front of people and get laughed at and it would be easier to deal with than letting people see inside my mind and soul.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) I very much think about the consequences of my decisions, what kind of impact it has on other people and other living beings. Sometimes I really struggle because I want to do what's right. I want to have clear conscience, a peace with my heart.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? It depends about the group dynamics. I usually prefer active supporting role and want some alone time to give some thought about things before making any rush decisions (see the previous answer) so I get stressed if someone's pushing quick solutions and executions. I also want decisions to be made but those have to be morally and ethically justified.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as? Not really organized. At work, my co-workers say that I'm good at organizing things (make things happen, not filing papers) and I somewhat like to take responsibilities but at home environment I procrastinate a lot. In fact, my work personality is quite different from my in-home personality. I sometimes feel like a social chameleon, I can take the role what's needed. It's sometimes useful but I'm not very proud of that quality of mine. I guess this is one of the reasons why I feel like an alien in my body sometimes.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it? I definitely want to know the back story, the main principle of the idea. I want to know where it's headed.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? Both. While I'm definitely not the "perfect housewife" who is hosting a party and making sure everyone's having a great time I quickly notice if someone isn't enjoying themselves. I prefer to use more subtle ways to make people feel included. On the other hand, even though I try to be polite and considerate I'm capable of shaking things up if I'm forced to be in a group that's not acting in sync with my values.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? Think before I speak, 100%. I space out a lot and my SO often asks me what am I thinking about. Then I get confused because he has interrupted my thought process so it's very difficult for me to answer his question. I cannot express my thoughts and opinions until I've processed them through. So I end up mumbling something irrational and feeling embarrassed about it. The same thing happens when I'm at a meeting and something surprising comes up and others want me to comment that. It's this crazy feeling like you know you understand the idea and have something to say about it but haven't got the time to arrange your brain to vocalize a well-thought answer or to vocalize anything at all as a matter of fact. But you have the social pressure to say something so instead of making a complete fool out of myself I've learned (through trial and error...) to say: "That sounds interesting. Let me think about it and get back to you soon."

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do? It depends. If the night out means going to a night club or a big party I'd probably pass. If it's about having a couple of drinks in a nice bar and just the two of us I would definitely go. The tv show isn't the factor here (I'm not that obsessed with tv), it's the type of social interaction that's about to happen.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out? If it's just minor stress I'm ok with it, it probably makes me to act more efficient. If it's long term stress I stay awake at night with my head full of worries about things that needs to be done. I can't sleep until I've reached a some kind of a plan how to proceed (it doesn't have to be realistic at the time, all that matters is that I have a plan so I can start sleeping!) I also get easily irritated and snappy and start focusing details instead of seeing the big picture.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? If I sense that the person isn't sincere. Arrogant and self-centered people rub me the wrong way. They make me turn inwards.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? I love to listen when people tell me their true feelings and worries so I can try to help them. I also enjoy discussing ethics and philosophy and sharing my thoughts with someone I can trust. More superficially, I love to talk about animals, especially my cats :)

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life? Household chores. I just do what's absolutely necessary. Style and fashion have also have quite minimum impact to my life, although I don't want to wear rags either.

Wow, that was long, now I'm exhausted. Hope some kind soul would give me some opinion. Thanks for reading anyway if you managed to get this far.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Welcome to the forum ^-^ From reading your questionnaire I immediately thought that you must be a feeling dominant type. All your answers are feeling based opinions. IxFP or ExFJ. There is one that I began leaning towards.

Think before I speak, 100%. I space out a lot and my SO often asks me what am I thinking about. Then I get confused because he has interrupted my thought process so it's very difficult for me to answer his question.

This makes you seem like an Introvert

I cannot express my thoughts and opinions until I've processed them through.
I can't sleep until I've reached a some kind of a plan how to proceed (it doesn't have to be realistic at the time, all that matters is that I have a plan so I can start sleeping!)
Inferior Te possibly. The second quote hints at Ne as well as Te.
I might possibly rule out SFJ here because Si is realistic and grounds ideas that are impractical, therefore it opposes Ne.

If I sense that the person isn't sincere. Arrogant and self-centered people rub me the wrong way. They make me turn inwards.
This sounds like Fi, because introverted feeling types tend to be good at getting a certain vibe from people.

Overall I think IxFP but your answers were more focused on feeling therefore its difficult to tell apart the Se/Ne/ and the rest of the functions. :)

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
Welcome to the forum ^-^ From reading your questionnaire I immediately thought that you must be a feeling dominant type. All your answers are feeling based opinions.
Thank you for your effort! Yeah I guess I am a person who puts values first so feeling dominant is most likely true.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
More questions answered... I tried to keep my answers short because there were so many of them.

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play? Play... I think...

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense? It depends but I must say carefree.

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative? Liberal

Does it bother you when people are late? Yes, even though I'm sometimes late myself... But I'm embarrassed about it and think that being late without a good reason is a really bad habit and disrespectful.

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith? Science

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed? Warm-hearted

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced? Passive

Are you generally able to forgive and forget? Yes, in general. Although there are things that would be extremely difficult to forgive.

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party? I wouldn't.

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)? This question is annoying... How about asking "how do you feel about adults?" But yeah, I know how this is meant so yes, I like them.

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic? Value - artistic, wish to have more - mathematical.

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else? I try to look the situation from different kind of angles but in the end, I let my moral compass guide me.

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you? Very interested,sometimes some might say obsessed, even.

Which word describes you better: private or social? In between leaning to private.

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead? Depends on the activities and which one knows more about the subject.

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner? Speak -no, write - depends the context.

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)? Quite often actually. I don't want to get stuck with anything repeating my old manners...

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view? Yes, definitely. Even though my first reaction might be judgemental if it's something that I have strong opinions about I soften up after discussing about it.

Do you care about other people's suffering? Of course, who wouldn't?

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct? Past experiences combined with the vibe of the situation.

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations? Crucial.

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas? If just one then it is Love.

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical? Cynical

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people? 5-20

How much do you procrastinate? To the limit, unless I'm really motivated.

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak? if the topic interests me and it's a small group or one-on-one situation I'm talkative. But in most situations, I listen or focus on my own thoughts instead.

Do you space out or daydream a lot? Yes! I'm a real daydreamer. My family nakes fun of me because of it.

Do you like to be the center of attention? Not really, especially if I'm not prepared.

Are you attracted to dangerous situations? No, I'm a coward...

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers? That would be very unusual.

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse? Uh, I hate being photographed! So yes, I would say no and flea.

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do? With devices, not really.

How often are you open with your feelings? If I feel secure I sometimes open up to my closest friends or to my SO. With emotions, it's extremely difficult for me to hide them. My face is an open book

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about? Yes, especially small talk.

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time? Define a great deal. When I'm in a relationship with someone I want to be with that person. I don't want to appear clingy either so it might be difficult.

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge? Expression probably. I want to have freedom of choice.

Does silence make you uncomfortable? In situations that scream for friendly small talk and I cannot think of anything to say the answer is yes. In other situations, no.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
Sorry, just another questionnaire that I found... I just felt that the previous questionnaire that I answered didn't say much about me... So hopefully I can give more in-depth answers to this one. At this point I believe that I'm most likely Feeling dominant (Fi?) but I also relate to Fe. I also think I'm more N than S but can't tell is it Ne or Ni that I prefer... What do you think?

MBTI tests give me INFP.

1-what makes you angry?
Injustice. When people are being exploited and treated like objects. Just thinking about how unfair our living is in this planet makes me angry and frustrated.
Child and animal abuse.
Bullying. I was being bullied as a child so I know what it's like.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
Like: Open-minded, positive people who have some kind of passion in their lives. People who are not too overwhelming and dominating and let me be who I am.
Dislike: Arrogant and pushy people who try to tell me how I should live my life. I do my best to avoid these kind of people because I find them intimidating. Selfish people.

3-do you like animals? why? Yes, very much. I have two cats which I adopted from an animal shelter. I would like to own a dog also. I've always loved animals and wanted to protect and take care of them. I can still remember how furious I was as a child when the boys in school catched butterflies and took off the wings. And I know I still would if I saw someone do that.
I'm very concerned about well-being of farm animals and I'm a vegetarian because of that.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life? I kind of answered this in the question 2. Besides those qualities I love that they are warm-hearted, empathic and trustworthy persons who make me feel accepted.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
Like: Oh, I feel uncomfortable doing this... Well, I'm proud that I have principles and I try to live by them. I think I'm good listener if someone wished to tell me his/her sorrows. I'm loyal to my loved ones, they can count on me. I have good imagination.
Dislike: I'm sometimes too sensitive, I take things to my heart and worry too much in my head. I'm too slow in situations that need quick reactions. I procrastinate way too much and end up doing things in a hurry which I hate.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not? Not really, it's just not important to me. I like to wear clothes that somehow reflect my personality, though, but that has nothing to do with fashion. I buy my clothes mainly from the second hand shops.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out? Fit in, I guess. I don't want to draw attention to myself too much. I'm quite shy with strangers. But I will stand out and defend my cause if necessary.

8-what activities do you enjoy? Watching tv (I like tv shows like True Detective, Game of Thrones and many British mystery/detective series), surfing on the Internet, reading, going for a walk/jogging, photographing, visiting exhibitions and art galleries, just being with myself and thinking about stuff (Is it an activity? At least my brain is being active!), hanging out with my SO and a few friends.

9-what makes you feel secure? When I feel that the emotional atmosphere is accepting. When I know what's coming.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not? Yes, with the right person. It's so satisfying when you can be with someone who you feel connected to in emotional, spiritual and physical level.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc... I love my family and closest friends. I'm emotionally attached to our family's summer house because I have so many great memories from there from my childhood. In a larger scale I love deep and meaningful conversations, nature, freedom, art.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about? Lately I've been thinking about a lot my life and future, human existence, meaning of all this. It's probably because of my 30's crisis. Besides this I think quite random stuff, just wonder about something and try to give it an explanation.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child? As a child I was very sensitive and shy. I had already then a strong sense of right and wrong. If I saw something that violated my sense of morality I managed to forget my shyness and defended the weaker ones (animals, other kids). I wasn't so good at defending myself and I was being bullied at school when I was a teenager.
Teenage years were extremely difficult for me. My grades dropped dramatically, I fighted with my parents a lot, turned inwards and was quite depressed. I had few friends back then but I didn't open up to them fully. I felt like I couldn't trust anyone.
Things changed better when I moved out to a bigger city and went to university. I made new friends and was active in a students accosiation. I've gained self esteem and self respect over the years but I feel like the bullying has left a permanent mark on me.
Now I'm at my early 30's and I believe I'm quite balanced. I still recognize the uncompromising child in me who wants to fight the injustice.