• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INFJ?Or something else?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edit: Questionnaire

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am not really aware of what my dominant function could be, and I guess all aspects made me unsure. I am most likely an introvert and maybe an Fe type.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
From a young age I have had a curious and imaginative personality. When I saw things around me, anything, I didn't just accept its existence. I wanted to know how it works and why; I want to study life science:)I was notorious in my family for asking many stupid questions, which sometimes I even already knew the answer to, I just wanted to know if I was right.
Back to relating to the question - I would love to find out something that was previously unknown, or propose an idea that no one has ever thought of before. I also am quite relationship orientated and love to talk to people about something interesting. People see me as being more goal orientated (I realized recently) and I was surprised to hear this. I am very interested in people, but maybe I don't show it. When I am older I am hoping to have a career that will be full fulling, either something creative like an illustrator or a biological science.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
When I won an competition once based on writing an book review and doing some art. I felt good to have everyone's admiration and feel talented at something. I am very interested in art and fiction too.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I dont handle criticism very well. Also being ignored, stared at, bullied, or performing badly at something such as an exam. Also when doing sports.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Weigh up the pros and cons, definitely. Most of all I try to think of what is easier/least boring and what has the common sense.
I will consider anyone who will be involved and how it affects them, and try to avoid making selfish decisions that expect too much effort from others and negatively impact them in any way.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I would imagine the ideal outcome and the aim of project, make sure I cover everything, highly concerned of the quality, plan how much time it will take, focus on going deep into this subject. I was try to stay focused to the aim of the project.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I love to laugh with my friends, and any time where we did something entertaining or had a funny conservation are some of my favourate moments.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I don't like to memorize lots of facts, and become slightly frustrated when teachers in class have said in the past, "You don't need to understand why, you just need to remember the facts," because then I struggle to memorize it. I like to know exactly what I am talking about, however that doesnt mean I don't like to theorize and guess. Sometimes I can be a visual learner too, and when trying to recall info I have a visual picture in my head (e.g. remembering what the periodic table looks like rather than remembering the properties).

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I think of myself as very organized. Unless I am stressed out then I will become a complete mess and forgot about everything except my current priority.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I dont really know...I guess i try to understand the principles behind it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Yes I will (try) to make sure everyone is involved and doing what they are best at, but I can be stubborn and try to get what I want out of a situation and suggest ideas/methods that are more efficient. I will most likely be interested in the presentation of the project too, and try to fix things that don't look right, if it was something design related because It has to appeal to what people are looking for.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before speaking. I prefer to only talk when needed and don't enjoy making small talk and shallow conversation because it bores me, and I am bad at thinking of what to say.One to one is good because it gives a better opportunity to get to know them. No one is left out. Group conversations because they can be more fun and less awkward.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I look before I leap. I want to know everything that could happen, every detail, before I jump to a decision.
Action speaks more than words, but really you cannot judge someone based only by their actions, or only their words. To understand someone I think it is necessary to observe both.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Ask them to come over and watch it with me, and discuss it with them. Suggest to ask another friend who will really want to. I dont like a sudden change of plan unless I'm bored. Then I might go out with them.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get clumsy and lazy. Forget things that are not a priority, which is unusual. Become disorganized. I overthink which leads me to thinking it is much worse than it actually is. Distract myself with music, tv, or similar activity. When anxious, I listen to music a lot. I am bad at hiding it too.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
My only cause of insulting someone, is because of their treatment towards someone else and being mean to them when they don't deserve it. As soon as they make someone feel bad or give them problems, I don't like them. Also, those who don't make sense in an argument/debate or miss the point. Labeling. Being stuck in traditional ways - this causes a lot of issues in our society.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I love to talk about my interests, and ask questions that involve creative thinking. I strongly prefer long conversations and any brief type of conversation seems boring. I get curious about the person im talking to and sometimes i ask questions about them. I dont like to get too serious and personal though, that makes me feel awkward.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Trends. I am bad at keeping up with everyone else and knowing what is popular or not. I try to ignore things like chores or forget to do things that are important; and i am not really into fashion and aesthetic. I dont care much what it trending but I don't dress to stand out.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
very time a person has tried to assume my motivations, they have always got it wrong, unfortunately. They think i am not very people orientated and affectionate, reserved. I appear aloof, cautious, serious on the outside, but on the inside I am the opposite:) There have been some who have tried to get into things that are just too personal. I hated it. It made me self conscious and tense. It just seems like none of their business to me. They often assume I'm smart- maybe due to an introverted personality. I get the feeling people mistake my personality and get the wrong impression.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would start by finding something to get really interested in, so i can be inspired by it and think about it in my spare time, other wise i feel empty and bored. Maybe do a netflix marathon, draw, play role play video games that involves making up a character, or listening to music. Talking to friends or family is also something i would do.

thanks for reading~

Last edited:

Ma_Xie_Er

1. I gave up on tests, because of inconsistent results. Either the tests are wrong, my personality changes or I can't be honest in self-reporting; so I'm here in the forums to figure out my type.

2. I'm mainly here to figure out my type. I know that I'll get burned out on this forum, so I don't expect to make lasting friendships. Also, I'm interested in types because I'd like to predict behavior.

3. In the environment I value stability until I'm bored. I like change, but only if I'm in control or boredom is mind-numbing. The world, I'd say is just a large environment. In people, I value honesty, truth, fairness, respect, and then looks and humor.

4. I think I come across as a snob sometimes. I have figured out how to elongate conversations by asking questions, however I haven't figured out a good way to shorten them when somebody pulls this trick on me. Now, in unfamiliar situations I tend to play dumb until I can really evaluate what's going on around me. As far as style, I vary my haircut from crew-cut to comb-over. I'm slowly going bald, but I still have a lot of hair. This is a struggle. When it comes to clothes, I tend to go for comfort and utility. I like pants that are stain-free, wrinkle-free, have an elastic waistband, etc.

5. My favorite color is green, though I like purple, blue and shades of red. My favorite suit is spades. I don't really identify with symbols. If I don't understand something, then I don't identify with it. Once I do understand a symbol though, I don't identify with it anymore than I'd identify with a compass or protractor. As far as ideas go, I like Bayesian statistics, logic, algebras, genetics, evolution, economics, personality types, intelligence, and races and culture. Some racial topics do get me angry, and I'm fearful of speaking openly about my own ideas. Why I'm drawn to these, mostly because I identify with some topics (race, culture, intelligence) and like the ubiquitous aspects of others (genetics, evolution, logic, algebras), and the rest are because of usefulness (Bayes and economics). Bayesian statistics just seems so much simpler with their interpretation.

Last edited:

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The questions you're answering are part of the Video Challenge Questionnaires, so they're not very helpful when others are trying to type you based off of cognitive functions. I think you can kind of sense that from the "What's your favorite color?" question, haha.

Here's the questionnaire for MBTI - feel free to copy and paste and replace your original post with the answers to this one:

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The questions you're answering are part of the Video Challenge Questionnaires, so they're not very helpful when others are trying to type you based off of cognitive functions. I think you can kind of sense that from the "What's your favorite color?" question, haha.

Here's the questionnaire for MBTI - feel free to copy and paste and replace your original post with the answers to this one:

Oh! I had no idea, thanks for linking a questionnaire!
I was wondering why some of those questions didnt make sense, should have known.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION] Yeah, no problem! Went through the same problem with my first questionnaire lmao, was halfway done with answering before checking more of the questionnaires to find that there was a specific one meant for Enneagram. Anyway, I'll check back on this forum later to help give some of my perceptions of what your type might be. But just from your demeanor, I can safely agree with INxx.

baccheion

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?

Does it bother you when people are late?

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?

Could you date someone who was really quiet?

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?

How shy would you say you are?

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

Which word describes you better: private or social?

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?

Do you care about other people's suffering?

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?

Are you almost always on time?

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?

How frequently do you drink alcohol?

Are you careful with your money?

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?

How much do you procrastinate?

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?

Do you ever feel socially awkward?

Do you space out or daydream a lot?

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?

Do you like to be the center of attention?

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?

Could you date someone who was really messy?

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?

Would you be willing to adopt a child?

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?

How often are you open with your feelings?

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?

Are you more talented, or hardworking?

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?

Do you like wild parties?

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?

Does silence make you uncomfortable?

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?

How messy are you?

How often do you use Facebook?

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=22021]baccheion[/MENTION] how did you manage to paste all these posts everywhere? are you researching something or making a profile? they dont seem related to mbti.

baccheion

[MENTION=22021]baccheion[/MENTION] how did you manage to paste all these posts everywhere? are you researching something or making a profile? they dont seem related to mbti.

If you answer the questions, I'll tell you your results.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I figured that. I was wondering why though. its all over the forums. Okay I am curious so here are my short answers

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?
play
Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?
intense
Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?
liberal
Does it bother you when people are late?
yes
Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?
both
Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?
warm hearted
As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?
passive
Are you generally able to forgive and forget?
it really depends on the situation and how far the person has gone
Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?
what why? im more of a cat person
How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?
no
Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?
huh? i dont have an opinion it depends. I don't like discrimination.
How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?
most of the time indifferent but I like them sometimes.
Could you date someone who was really quiet?
of course. I dont mind quiet people at all
Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?
visual/spacial/artistic
How shy would you say you are?
very, but talk the more I know the person
When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?
I just go by common sense and feeling what the right thing is to do. Then I check with everyone else for their opinions
Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?
I always investigate things that interest me
When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?red text

Which word describes you better: private or social?
private
When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?
no I just go along with their decisions unless i dont agree
Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?
Right
Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?
I ramble when I talk sometimes but my writing is to the point i think.
How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?
not enough
Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?
I dont mind because i am used to it
When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?
Yes it is very easy to put myself in someone elses view. if it is a complicated situation sometimes i see everyones perpective though.
Do you care about other people's suffering?
!of course
Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?
I actually like those who can find a logical point of view with everything but I might get tired of it.
Are you almost always on time?
Im always early for appointments
Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?
neither
Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?
yes
How frequently do you drink alcohol?
that doesnt matter. rarely
Are you careful with your money?
reasonably
Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?
red text
How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?
Its a small preference but I can talk to anyone.
If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?
great friends...or ideas
Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?
too cynical
What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?
close friends 5-10
How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?
careful/polite
How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?
average
How much do you procrastinate?
sometimes but i get things done when i have a motive
If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?where/who cares

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?
both
Do you ever feel socially awkward?
yes
Do you space out or daydream a lot?
yes
How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?
not often enough
Do you like to be the center of attention?
no
Are you attracted to dangerous situations?
no
Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?
i am least likely to do that
Could you date someone who was really messy?
if they made up for it somehow yes
Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?
think carefully most of the time
Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?
batman
If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?
recline as politely as i can and wish they would leave me alone
If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?
same day because packing isnt hard
Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?
always
Would you be willing to adopt a child?
i dont think so
Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?
yes!
How often are you open with your feelings?
no!
Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?
decided, i hate a change of plan
Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?
meh
How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?
open...wait what?
Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?
kind of. I am bad at small talk and that sort of conversation
Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?
I am in between
In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?
subarctic, i want to see snow again
Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?
of course
Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?
no I sort of guess what my finances are but in the future I will make a habit of it. at the moment i dont really need to
Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?
yes a I am intellectual
Are you more talented, or hardworking?
hardworking more so
Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?
no...
Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?
love/relationships/friendships

Do you like wild parties?
hell no
Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?
nobel prize
If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?
awkward but i will try to go along with it do they arent offended lol
Does silence make you uncomfortable?
no
If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?
organize a peaceful resistance
How messy are you?
a little but i tidy reguarily
How often do you use Facebook?
it is very boring i only use it for communicating through messages

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem almost exactly like my girlfriend, LOL. I thought she was INTJ though. She may also be INFJ.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm probably not the best person in the forums to help with this, but I actually see you as more of a Fi than Fe user. Though, I saw what I personally believed to be Ti as well. I've seen some of your posts and you seem to be familiar with cognitive functions...

Do you think you could see yourself as an INFP, maybe? And maybe talk about how you relate to the cognitive functions, if you don't mind though the latter is a bit more optional unless it seems necessary later on.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm probably not the best person in the forums to help with this, but I actually see you as more of a Fi than Fe user. Though, I saw what I personally believed to be Ti as well. I've seen some of your posts and you seem to be familiar with cognitive functions...

Do you think you could see yourself as an INFP, maybe? And maybe talk about how you relate to the cognitive functions, if you don't mind though the latter is a bit more optional unless it seems necessary later on.

I am surprised with INFP, but I don't disagree either. Actually I think I can see where you are coming from when I read over my posts. With the cognitive functions I am definitely familiar but I have a lot more to learn. It's hard to type myself without being too subjective and find typing other people is much easier. I will try to elaborate on how much I relate to each function when I find a good source of descriptions:)

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION] Ah, alright. I think it would be good to check out this site if you haven't already. Feel free to ask my any questions about the cognitive functions or tag me in another post when or if you're done with the whole elaboration. :D

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found a good description from personality cafe from this forum.(I hope its okay to do that) Does anyone have any opinions based on these? They are helpful summaries for anyone who is interested. Be prepared though, there is a lot of text!

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION] Ah, alright. I think it would be good to check out this site if you haven't already. Feel free to ask my any questions about the cognitive functions or tag me in another post when or if you're done with the whole elaboration. :D

I missed your post there! thanks for this link:) For now I will give a quick summary of each function, but I will try to give a better analysis tomorrow.
I related to both Fe and Fi. Ti stood out more than Te, as many of the examples were things that personally drain me.The Ni was hard to understand, and Ne was much more relatable I think. I related very much to introverted sensing more than Se as well.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION] Ah, alright. No problem! The PerC explanation is very helpful as well. And, alright. Here are a few brief explanations I found online that compare the functions if it helps too.

Fi/Fe - One is introverted subjective feelings derived from exposure to objects and people (Fi) the other is objective feelings derived from objects (Fe); Fi is empathy, morals, personal/subjective judgements; Fe is sympathy, feelings existing outside of oneself, reflection and contemplation of social norms and fore.

Ti/Te -
Te: How does this work?
Ti: Why does this work the way it does?
Te Playing these three notes together will form this chord.
Ti This chord is formed because of the relationship between these three notes.
Te: To reach my goal I follow the steps to X.
Ti: Why are there that many steps? How do they work together? If I swap the steps around or omit some what will happen? Will I reach my goal faster?

Ni/Ne -
Ne: Generating possibilities, leaping from one idea to the next with only the vaguest idea of how one got to that conclusion without a through tracing, thinking in a tree pattern- each idea spawning more
Ni: Drawing conclusions, all the pieces coming together subconsciously to form a whole, going from pieces to the final form without all the middle steps

Ne: AB... Balloon, floating, Chickadee, insane asylum, Z!
Ni: ABC....Z

Si/Se -
Se - is in the moment, reacting to things as they happen in the moment.
Si - is drawing from past experiences. Being sentimental so collecting objects that remind you of experiences you have had.

The last bit might not be as accurate but - yeah, those are just a few somewhat simplified but helpful examples of the functions in real life. But yeah. I think I'm leaning more towards the idea of you being an INTP - at least now, actually.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The last bit might not be as accurate but - yeah, those are just a few somewhat simplified but helpful examples of the functions in real life. But yeah. I think I'm leaning more towards the idea of you being an INTP - at least now, actually.

Thanks for helping me out! I think INTP is one of the types I am least aware of, so will do some investigating into the type. It is beginning to make sense because I don't seem to value Se at all, and relate to Si/Ne a lot. I value Fe but I am not really good at using it, so it makes sense as an inferior function. Feel free to use the link / descriptions I used from personality cafe in your thread if you need to:)

Ni/Ne -
Ne: Generating possibilities, leaping from one idea to the next with only the vaguest idea of how one got to that conclusion without a through tracing, thinking in a tree pattern- each idea spawning more
Ni: Drawing conclusions, all the pieces coming together subconsciously to form a whole, going from pieces to the final form without all the middle steps
I never understood this aspect of Ni and how Ni users get "aha" moments. Ne seems familiar in this example too.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay so far I think my MBTI is likely on the NTP/SFJ spectrum. In other words Si/Ne and Fe/Ti. Anyone have any more opinions? If not then I will likely stick with INTP:D

pluviophile

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
NFI
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I missed your post there! thanks for this link:) For now I will give a quick summary of each function, but I will try to give a better analysis tomorrow.
I related to both Fe and Fi. Ti stood out more than Te, as many of the examples were things that personally drain me.The Ni was hard to understand, and Ne was much more relatable I think. I related very much to introverted sensing more than Se as well.

For this you sound like an intp Ti - Ne - Si - Fe

but when you answered your questions you sounded like an intj to me. infp is possible, but i don't think so. i REALLY don't think you're an infj. you sound like more of a thinker than a feeler, but that could also just be what you place importance on and not what you actually do.

i'm certainly no expert though

i think a lot of intp's are e5's

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For this you sound like an intp Ti - Ne - Si - Fe

but when you answered your questions you sounded like an intj to me. infp is possible, but i don't think so. i REALLY don't think you're an infj. you sound like more of a thinker than a feeler, but that could also just be what you place importance on and not what you actually do.

i'm certainly no expert though

i think a lot of intp's are e5's

I think INTP is more likely than INTJ because of the functions too.

I always used to think of myself as a definite IxFx but maybe that was because I was put off by stereotypes about thinkers. Fe as an auxiliary function is beginning to seem unlikely, which is why i am unsure about IxFJ. I always consider other peoples feelings in a situation, or say something to get an emotional response from them, but I am awkward at using Fe/Fi and don't know how to react in emotional situations. It makes more sense as tertiary/inferior but I'm probably not an extrovert so ;) (However if i am an IxFJ then it just means my Fe is underdeveloped.)

anyway thanks for helping!