• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with my type... I'm so lost with this thing...

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Because I have been typed in so many different kind of types (ENFP, INTP, ISTP, ISFP, ISTJ)... I don't have a clue.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I need something to do. I feel like I'm not doing anything with my life, and that's true now more than ever, because I had a couple of surgeries and a couple of mild injuries in the last few years. I need to move, I need to do things and feel that I'm capable of make them.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Ten years ago I was practicing kung-fu, taichi and medieval fencing with a longsword. It was a hard time for some personal reasons, but all the other things in my life felt really good. I was doing stuff, I wasn't working per se, but I was doing what I like to do, whenever I liked to do it.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When someone tries to show that I'm wrong with the things that I say; I have a degree in Archaelogy and I'm studying Anthropology, and some weird languages -Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Old Norse- so I talk more about the things that I know that anything else.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I use to think about the pros and cons of the decision, but in a logical and analitical way. I don't care about hurting someelse's feelings or whatever.... I study the facts and the details and then I take my decision if I have the time to do so. But I usually make the decisions in a rush and sometimes I don't think about them at all, I just do the thing.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I try to make the task the way it's supposed to be, the best way I can, and with the less effort; and I need it to be perfect, or I'm really pissed off with myself. But I usually do them on the last day on the last minute. But yes, I usually like to have all the control on the outcome.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
On a couple of Renassaince Fairs, some years ago, shooting with a bow, putting a chainmail on, playing with the longswords. The best summer of my life.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I have a very really good memory. I just read and put the facts and details on my head. Even if a long time passed, I can take a look over a thing and I can easily remember the general facts (I need a little more time for concrete details, but yes, I am very good putting information on my brain).

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm not organized at all. My notebooks are full of notes and drawings of spirals and stars on the margins, blots everywhere, and a lot of asterisc because I usually forget to put something that I found later of importance or whatever. My desk is a mess... my house and my wardrobe are total messes... No, I try, but I'm not organized at all.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I love to find new ideas. I study everything I find about them and try to understand them and see if I can put them with all the things that I know about the subject or whatever the thing is.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
My harmony is where I can be free to be myself, do what I want, follow what I believe, and everybody else can make the same thing (without interfering on my own stuff).

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak before thinking a lot of times when I'm with my people. When I'm with strangers I just listen or I think very carefully what I say, because I want to be totally neutral and that nobody knows what I really think about the given subject, matter or question. And I think that's why I prefer one-on-one communication too.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I can jump into action right away if I think that's needed. And I think that action speaks a lot more than just words. Words are words and can not be true and honest.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Probably I'm going out with my friend, because I'm going to thought I could watch my favourite show later (recorded or whatever), and I would feel bad thinking that I fail my friend or that I could be outside doing something more interesting and having fun.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
If I'm stressed I can be like a walking bomb. I don't know, it depends of the situation, what is stressing me. I'm going to be really angry, so it's best for everybody to go out of my way. I can go out for a walk and relax in a park for a little bit.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Stupidity. People that think that they are better than the rest of the people; or that tell you what to do or how to do it; or that think that they know what is better for you, even without knowing you.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I can talk about almost any subject of my interest (art -I love Impressionists and Pre-Rafaelites-, music -I can hear almost anything-, movies, tv shows, books -I'm very very picky with my books and my movies and tv shows-, nature, Anthropology, Archaelogy, Lingüistics or languages, Politics, Religion, Criminology, Science, Martial arts, fencing, archery, Steampunk-related stuff...). Btw, I can't stand small talk.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
I think that social interaction, being diplomatic, those aren't my thing... I like to do things on my own, and even my husband and my daughter pay for it, they do a lot of stuff together while I'm doing my things.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They think that I'm an stubborn walking encyclopedia that looks tough and angry all the time, that it's cold and that really don't care about anything or anybody around. They usually think too that I'm very creative, but very lazy and that I prefer to sit watching a TV show than doing the stuff and things that I want to do. I think that I have a lot more feelings that they think that I have; and sometimes I need to be taken care of but maybe only when I'm feeling really bad -like when I'm really ill-, or only with my direct family and my best friend.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I just want to be ok again to really can do what I want. I would go to the woods, camping outside, looking at the campfire, sleeping under the stars, listening to music all day long... I would climb trees or rocky hills, practice a little archery (or fencing), and make yoga and read a little about some subject I'm studying at the moment (probably comparative mythology or some language) in the top of a hill. I can even take some time to write (I write since I was a little girl, a lot of stuff, mostly short stories and short poems) and paint (I do pencil drawings and watercolors, I think that I'm not very good, but I enjoy it).

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definitely T, definitely P. INTP works, one of the ones you mentioned. It seems more like you're interested in applying your knowledge to the external world, though. Not much of what you wrote hints me at whether you're using intuiting or sensing.

baccheion

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?

Does it bother you when people are late?

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?

Could you date someone who was really quiet?

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?

How shy would you say you are?

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

Which word describes you better: private or social?

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?

Do you care about other people's suffering?

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?

Are you almost always on time?

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?

How frequently do you drink alcohol?

Are you careful with your money?

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?

How much do you procrastinate?

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?

Do you ever feel socially awkward?

Do you space out or daydream a lot?

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?

Do you like to be the center of attention?

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?

Could you date someone who was really messy?

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?

Would you be willing to adopt a child?

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?

How often are you open with your feelings?

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?

Are you more talented, or hardworking?

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?

Do you like wild parties?

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?

Does silence make you uncomfortable?

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?

How messy are you?

How often do you use Facebook?

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which typically comes first for you: work, or play? I guess play, but if I have to work I'm very commited and try to make it perfect.

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense? Both? Everybody says I'm pretty intense with almost everything I love; but I use to be carefree with my daily life.

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative? Very liberal.

Does it bother you when people are late? Yeah, but I'm used to it because everyone else around me is always late, so I try to adjust to it.

Which do you put more weight in: science, faith, or both equally? Science, of course. But I have some sort of spirituality that I don't know if I can call religion.

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed? Cool-headed. My partner and my best friend use to joke calling me Vulcan-bitch for some reason LoL.

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced? I can be passive until I need to be active. If I need or have to be active I don't stop until I'm exhausted.

Are you generally able to forgive and forget? I forgive but I don't forget.

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet? I like dogs, I had some dogs. But I prefer cats or ferrets, both are my faves (but we own a guinea pig because my daughter doesn't like bigger animals).

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party? No, I wouldn't enjoy it very much. I prefer to go to a party than host it.

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame? I used to be a goth chick, I can't say they are lame... but I never think they are sexy neither...

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)? I have a daughter, and four nephews. I can deal with children in small amounts.

Could you date someone who was really quiet? Yes, and I can be very quiet if I'm not with someone I know before.

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic? Visual/spatial/artistic; logical/mathematical too, I need logic to understand the world around me.

How shy would you say you are? I'm not shy at all, and I can talk for hours if I'm in with people I know. But I can be quiet around other people, and I can't stand small-talk.

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else? Logical, always.

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you? I spend all the time I have investigating all kind of things that can interest me, from science to art to books, or anything else.

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest? I have my own ideas about what is wrong or right, sometimes they are the same as other people, laws or whatever; and when they aren't I still follow my own moral compass.

Which word describes you better: private or social? Private.

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead? Yes, and he hates it.

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant? For some tests I have taken (but no serious one)it seems that is the right.

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner? Sometimes, if I have the time to think about it and put order in my thoughts. People use to say that I can explain things in a very clear manner (but I'm never really sure that I can).

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)? Every time I can.

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside? No, I actually love it.

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view? No, I try really hard, but everybody else says that I'm really bad dealing with other people emotions.

Do you care about other people's suffering? I care, I guess, even if I don't seem to show it.

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical? No, I'm not.

Are you almost always on time? I try. So, yes, almost.

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos? Oddly enough, I'm chaos. Everybody that I know agree with that.

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous? Yes, a lot. I hate it.

How frequently do you drink alcohol? I can spend a long time without drink alcohol, but if I go out, or go to a party, or a dinner, I drink alcohol (and I can drink a lot).

Are you careful with your money? Not very much.

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct? Reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error.

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations? It's important at some degree (I can't stand stupidity), but I can live without it.

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas? Great love, I guess.

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical? Being too much of a dreamer. I think that I'm too cynical to think that's something wrong.

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people? I can deal with a 5-20 people party, yeah.

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)? Unconcerned.

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average? I think that higher than average in social situations, and very high in other ones.

How much do you procrastinate? A lot. I live procrastinating if I can.

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf? Where.

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak? I think that it depends on the situation. With friends I can speak and make them wait, or even speak here and there without staying a long time in any conversation, or waiting to speak. With people that I don't know I usually listen, and with small-talk I don't even give a fuck about what they say.

Do you ever feel socially awkward? All the time.

Do you space out or daydream a lot? Sometimes.

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated? With my close friends and family I try to do it from time to time. But I don't use to do it with the rest of the people I know, and even less if I don't know them.

Do you like to be the center of attention? I prefer to be away of it.

Are you attracted to dangerous situations? Sometimes, it depends on the situation.

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers? I try to be friendly for a short period of time with certain people. I don't know if I can stand a long friendly conversation with a stranger because I usually don't know what to say.

Could you date someone who was really messy? Yeah. I'm with one LoL. And I'm quite messy sometimes too.

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking? Usually, I think carefully before speaking, and a lot of people thinks that I have finish to speak sometimes when I stop to think again about what I want to say next. So sometimes conversations can be difficult to follow.

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)? Batman.

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse? I refuse.

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all? The same day, usually one or two hours before go.

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)? I try to pick up after myself; sometimes I do it later than sooner, but I always do it.

Would you be willing to adopt a child? I think that I have enough with my own. Maybe if I couldn't have a child I would try to adopt one.

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do? Yes, I'm always looking for what makes things work (I love to take apart things, my mother and I used to fix the electrical things in our house when I was a girl and a teenager -my father was awful at that kind of stuff).

How often are you open with your feelings? I usually don't. It's really hard for me to do that kind of stuff. I'm the one that says "I know" when someone tells me "I love you" LoL.

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative? Tentative. I don't make plans. I don't even know what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")? I'm the meh type inside; but when the things are really awful to me, I use to be the one making jokes about it. I like to think that everything can be better, always; and everybody thinks that I'm very optimistic about almost everything. At least I try to be; except if I'm angry, then everybody run.

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all? I think that I'm very open.

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about? Yes, all the time.

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems? Yes, I do.

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)? Temperate, just where I live LoL.

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time? Yeah, because I need it too.

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)? No.

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring? Yes, I love learning about everything. I studying a lot of things (from languages to Anthropology) for pleasure.

Are you more talented, or hardworking? I think that I'm talented, but I can do the hardwork if it's necessary.

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead? Yeah, I can name dead poets even from various different countries: Uxío Novoneira, Rosalía de Castro "Follas Novas", José de Espronceda "Poesías", Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer "Rimas y Leyendas", Beaudelaire "Les Fleurs du Mal", Rimbaud, Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman "Leaves of Grass", Edgar Allan Poe, Byron, Shelley, Keats, Yeats... That's what I can remember now.

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge? Knowledge and love. But I would choose freedom above anything else.

Do you like wild parties? Sometimes.

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery? The lottery.

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing? I rather dance to other kind of music, but I can give it a chance if I like the song.

Does silence make you uncomfortable? No.

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds? If I have a chance, break out the .50 sniper rounds. If I haven't, then I start a peaceful resistance.

How messy are you? I'm quite messy sometimes. But then I have some kind of organizing-rage when everything is starting to look too messy, and I put everything in order at least for a day or two.

How often do you use Facebook? Everyday. To post music videos from Youtube, and share some pictures with my best friend.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You seem to have a lot of stereotypical Se behaviors and desires. Can't really tell if you prefer Fi over Ti. Either way you appear to have disdain for Fe but that could work for either. Can't remember if you asked for eneagram too. Probably a 7. Look into ESFP and ESTP. Which one appeals to you more or less and why?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem to have a lot of stereotypical Se behaviors and desires. Can't really tell if you prefer Fi over Ti. Either way you appear to have disdain for Fe but that could work for either. Can't remember if you asked for eneagram too. Probably a 7. Look into ESFP and ESTP. Which one appeals to you more or less and why?

ESTP.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Huh I was thinking either INTJ or ISTJ leaning INTJ. Why ESTP?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Huh I was thinking either INTJ or ISTJ leaning INTJ. Why ESTP?

Se was the first function to stand out to me because of her answers to:

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I use to think about the pros and cons of the decision, but in a logical and analitical way. I don't care about hurting someelse's feelings or whatever.... I study the facts and the details and then I take my decision if I have the time to do so. But I usually make the decisions in a rush and sometimes I don't think about them at all, I just do the thing.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I can jump into action right away if I think that's needed. And I think that action speaks a lot more than just words. Words are words and can not be true and honest.

I tried not to let the super stereotypical athletics and outdoorsy stuff influence me but it probably still did. I was leaning towards ESFP because I also got Te impressions but they didn't seem as strong as the Se ones. Depending on her responses to ESFP and ESTP, ENTJ could be a strong possibility too. I don't think she's cognitively introverted. I also don't think she consciously uses Si. Only way I could see INTJ is if she's an unhealthy one.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are an ISTP. The questionnaire makes sense for Ti Se Ni Fe.
This is what I interpreted from each of your answers;

2. Se, possibly Te
3. Si or Se
4. xxTx
5. harsh. xxTx Se
7. xSxx
9. this is unlikely for an STJ. Si/Te is very organized.
10. xxTx Ti
12. maybe an introvert
13. xSxP
14. this might be a hint of Fe
16. xxTP (showing dislike of Te)
17. xSTx
18. IxTx
19. ISxx

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a 7w8, 8w7, 3w2 in the tri-Enneagram type (sp/sx/so), if I remember it correctly. I never think of me as a xxxJ type, because I don't care about rules, traditions or whatever. I'm not organized at all, I have tried a lot of times to make schedules for the things I have to do, but they never work because I don't usually know what I'm going to do tomorrow and I change everything around all the time (when I was at college we have a schedule for the cleaning for all the girls from my apartment that I almost never did, they were a little angry with me all the time for that). And it's because I hate schedules, I do the things almost always the way that I want to do and when I want to do them at the end.

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that my brother is an ESTP. We do a lot of the same stuff as kids, but I usually was more careful than him. He just do the things without thinking about what could go wrong. I stopped to think if something could be dangerous, but more of the time I did it the same because at the end I wouldn't feel right if I didn't do it. We climbed trees (rocky hills, we went to the bigger waves on the beach -at least until one time I almost drown, and I never feel safe again in the sea, but I love to go anyway-, or whatever) with my grandpa or my uncles, with my mother and my sister frightened because they thought we were mad for doing that kind of stuff.

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, and my best friend is an ENFJ and we are like totally opposites, I don't know if that can help... :p

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP or ESFP? I don't see myself as charismatic as an ESFP seems to be... and I think that I'm a little more careful than an ESTP seems to be. I think I can be one of those three, but I don't know.

Who is the one that starts a lot of things but never ends them? Because that's me LoL.

Another questionnaire that I filled:

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

This is the photo that I've choosen: (they don't let me put links, so, you have to put all the flickr stuff here -btw, it's a photo of sea waves) /photos/gio_design/18913830471/in/explore-2015-06-18/
Well, it made my heart jump when I saw it, and that's an important thing for me to stop and chosen it. I had a couple of accidents being a little girl, I almost drawn twice (at three in my home's bath -my mommy saved me-, and at five at the sea -my father caught me before the waves pulled me into the sea). I always have been scared and fascinated by the sea and the waves. I love to swimm in calm waters, and I love to pull me into the sea when there are bigger waves just to make it, because when I have been under water I always find my way out and survive (by others when I was a girl, by myself being an adult). I used to play with my little brother (I think that he could be an ESTP or an ESFP) -and scared my parents and my little sister) when we were a little older to go to the waves and let them pulled us to the shore, just because we enjoy it very much. This picture reminds me of all of those things, and makes me want to jump from my couch and go to the beach to swimm (there is one two blocks from my home).

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I suppose that I'm going to be very pissed off -but perhaps noone is going to notice it, because I don't think that I'll tell anything about it, just sit there watching what everybody else is doing or saying; and then I'm going to say that we should take a look at the car and watch what it's wrong with it, and if we could fix it and continue the trip.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I usually don't like the idea of going to a party, but when I'm there and there is the option, and I'm with people that I like to be with, I don't have any problem, I could go there, drink and dance on my own. Maybe talk with my friends. I don't use to talk to strangers, unless they talk to me before, and if I'm in a good mood I can talk to almost everybody at a party (I don't like small talk at all, but in a party I can make an exception for a short period of time). I use to jump from one group of people to another if I'm bored with the conversation, and I can go by myself to another place if it's necessary.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
My inward reaction would be of anger and/or annoyance, depending on the talk and the situation. But, again, probably they wouldn't notice it, unless I involve myself so much in the conversation to the point of left my feelings out (but that's a very exceptional thing, and I want to remark it, everybody always think that I'm or very cool or very angry, but that's just my face, I swear, so there is no point there). If it's an acquaintance I'm probably not going to say anything about it. If it's a close friend, I'm going to argue about the points and facts that I think that could make my point a valid one.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
If I see something that can change my previous beliefs or anything else, maybe I don't have any problem changing them. I can analyze them for a while in my mind, and think about them for a very long time, but at the end I'm going to change them if I see that that experience is a valid one after analizing it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Freedom, let everybody do what they want to do and be what they want to be, loyalty, honesty, being true to myself, defend what I truly believe that have to be defended. I also think that knowledge is power, and that everybody deserve a free access to knowledge, so they can judge the world by themselves, and not for what others tell them it may be.
I don't know what determined them, I just always think this way. I want to live my life the way that I want to, and let everybody else live their lives the same way.
I don't think that I can change those core values. They have always been with me, and I'll defend them to death.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I think that I not an ordinary person, I'm unlike anybody else. I don't know, maybe I'm more self-confident than the people around me... Everybody always tell me that I'm weird and that I think more like a guy than like a girl, or that I always look angry, or that I seem cold (whatever that actually means).
b) The thing that I want to change about myself is that I'm always jumping from one thing to another, I never stay focused for a long time in anything in my life.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
First, I try to rationalize them, and I use to think that maybe I'm wrong because of X or Y reasons... a lot of the times I'm right at the end, but I prefer to think that I can be wrong and look for other possibilities. They are more triggered by certain situations and certain people, but I think that it's a random thing, I can't find a logic behind them.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
The things that energize me use to be go out for a walk, martial arts, yoga, staying in a forest for a time, but usually are times when I'm alone, doing stuff, or even doing my home stuff like washing dishes or sweeping floors. I don't know why, I just feel nice doing phisical things, they let me think and put order in my drained brain.
The activities that drain me most used to be when I'm out with a lot of people, and I have to talk to a lot of other people, or when I'm in one of my study fits (I take a subject and I study it for hours and hours, during days or weeks, until I'm totally drained and I need to go out and do things for a couple of weeks before I take another of those "study fits"). I think that they drain me because I'm not a person of greys, I'm always or totally full on or totally full out; so when I study a subject that I'm interested in, I'm totally inmersed in it for so long that I finish totally out of everything.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I don't like to let people know how I really feel about almost anything, I don't know; I don't like to be see as a sensitive person, I guess... I don't like to hug or be hugged, physical contact is a little too much for me if I don't know you and you're a close friend; I need my space, I love my vital space, I like my freedom, I don't care what you do with your life, so I don't want people trying to fix or whatever mine.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=25504]Alya[/MENTION] Don't worry too much about the stereotypical behaviors. Sometimes people fit neatly like charismatic ESFPs or structured ENTJs but there are also plenty who don't.

With that said, I'm starting to agree with xSTP now. [MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION]'s interpretations are similar to my own though I didn't see as much Ti as she did.

Also, this is completely irrelevant to the thread but why am I just noticing the amazing brainy smilies?
:hamsterdance:
My ignorance up to this moment is unforgivable.

---

Oh wow. After looking at the questionnaire you just posted I'm undecided about Ti and Fi again. I think it's worth pointing out that both Fi and Ti can come off as "cold" or unemotional but usually for different reasons. Fi is motivated by its internal emotional state and pays less attention to the emotional atmosphere. If there's a conflict between the way a conscious Fi user feels and the environment, the Fi user is more likely to preserve their internal value system and sacrifice the emotional environment (assuming they even notice the conflict to begin with) while the Fe user is more willing to sacrifice their "moral consistency" for the emotional environment. Ti conscious users tend to have a weaker inner value system and often take their cues from the environment. What causes their frustration with Fe is when the emotional environment is privileged over logical consistency, efficiency, and "what makes sense" in a more impersonal way.

Fi is more likely to see "Fe behaviors" as disturbingly fake and insincere (and imo, will be more repulsed and less likely to indulge in them unless it's part of their value system) while Ti is more likely to see them as overly dramatic, frequently illogical, but often necessary for navigating the world successfully.

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing is that I usually say and do a lot of things without thinking too much. I just do the thing or say something, and a lot of the times people say I'm being rude or careless.... I don't know. Sometimes I spend a lot of the time thinking what I'm going to say because if I say the things I'm going to say without thinking first, usually something goes wrong with eveyone else around me. So I have to restrain me a lot.
I think that "Fe behaviors", as you say, use to stress me a lot because I don't know what to do with them. My partner, my daughter and my best friend are very, very "Fe"-like, and sometimes I don't know what to say them because the first things that I use to say always make them feel worst. I just seem to don't know how to react. I can give you a hug because I know that's going to make you feel better instead of say the first thing that comes to my mind because I can say: "that's not so horrible, you always can fix that, or simply go ahead with your life, or whatever". There's always a way to go out of the worst things, I guess.
But I like to feel things and strong emotions, it makes me feel alive someway. I don't know how to explain this, sorry :p .

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What makes you say that?

For example: 'I use to think about the pros and cons of the decision, but in a logical and analitical way. I don't care about hurting someelse's feelings or whatever.... I study the facts and the details and then I take my decision if I have the time to do so. But I usually make the decisions in a rush and sometimes I don't think about them at all, I just do the thing.'

logical and analytical = thinker.
I don't care about hurting someone else's feelings = thinker.
I study the facts and details first = Sensor.
But I usually make the decisions in a rush and sometimes I don't think about them at all, I just do the thing = extrovert
Yes, I love learning about everything. I studying a lot of things (from languages to Anthropology) for pleasure = Ti

I can talk about almost any subject of my interest (art -I love Impressionists and Pre-Rafaelites-, music -I can hear almost anything-, movies, tv shows, books -I'm very very picky with my books and my movies and tv shows-, nature, Anthropology, Archaelogy, Lingüistics or languages, Politics, Religion, Criminology, Science, Martial arts, fencing, archery, Steampunk-related stuff...). Btw, I can't stand small talk. -

I'm getting more Ti out of the present analysis, but with Sensing very present. So my call is ISTP if not ESTP.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thing is that I usually say and do a lot of things without thinking too much. I just do the thing or say something, and a lot of the times people say I'm being rude or careless.... I don't know. Sometimes I spend a lot of the time thinking what I'm going to say because if I say the things I'm going to say without thinking first, usually something goes wrong with eveyone else around me. So I have to restrain me a lot.
I think that "Fe behaviors", as you say, use to stress me a lot because I don't know what to do with them. My partner, my daughter and my best friend are very, very "Fe"-like, and sometimes I don't know what to say them because the first things that I use to say always make them feel worst. I just seem to don't know how to react. I can give you a hug because I know that's going to make you feel better instead of say the first thing that comes to my mind because I can say: "that's not so horrible, you always can fix that, or simply go ahead with your life, or whatever". There's always a way to go out of the worst things, I guess.
But I like to feel things and strong emotions, it makes me feel alive someway. I don't know how to explain this, sorry :p .

After skimming through this and your second questionnaire I can see why you might think ESFP. I can't tell the difference between I/E but i'm still think xSTP. Everyone uses all the functions and I think the four in the "functional stack" are the ones that the type values, but they are not as good at using the tertiary/inferior functions, as they are with the dominant and auxiliary.

Anyway my point is from this post it seems that is how you relate to Fe/feeling and seem to be better at Ti/thinking. The first questionnaire was heavily favoring logic over feeling which was also why I assumed ISTP, because they are thinking dominant.

Have you ever watched micheal pierce's videos on MBTI? Maybe you could watch any of the STP/SFP videos and see which one you can relate to more? His videos are very long and therefore some people might get bored to quickly while watching them! But they are useful, at least in my opinion:)

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I watched the ISTP, ISFP and ESTP a couple of weeks ago; I need to watch the ESFP one, but I'm going to re-watch everything now that I know a little more about how all this work.
I remember that the last part of the ISTP one is just like me, and that I didn't feel really identified with the ISFP.
With the ESTP... like I said before, I don't see myself as charismatic as those videos say. I know that some people says that I'm very nice and calm and shy when they first met me. A lot of people think that I'm that shy girl in the background that only reads, but that's because when I'm not interested in a conversation, or if it's small-talk, I simply disconnect from my surroundings. And also I procastinate a lot to be an ESTP, I guess; but that could be because right now I can't do a lot of things because I had some surgeries and injuries in the last couple of years, so I have to be at home a lot. Also, I live with an INFJ and my best friend is an ENFJ, and they prefer to be at home doing home stuff, so I'm here craving to be outside (and when I can do things, I do them until I'm totally exhausted and I need like a week to recover).
My best friend and my partner say that I'm quite grumpy and not nice at all, that I'm only charming with people that I don't care about, or with acquaintances not very close to me. And that with my family and close friends I can be a total asshole sometimes, even when I could do anything to keep them nice and well :p .

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I analyzed your descriptions more deeply I found more evidence of Ti and introversion and the same evidence of Sensing as before. Ti appeared to be more of a factor in your descriptions. So I change my call to ISTP, especially if you say ESTP is wrong for various reasons.