• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help with my type... I'm so lost with this thing...

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I re-watched the videos and I still think that I can be more like an ISTP or an ESFP than any others; it seems there are some parts of me in both videos.

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
With that Double-checking post up there, I think that I can be definitely an ISTP. But I could be wrong :p .

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that what happens to me is that I'm always torn between what I really want to do, what society/family/whatever expect me to do, and I think that's better to do. So I'm always feeling like I'm trapped in the middle of a lot of things that I really can't control (and I hate feeling trapped). I don't know if that has some meaning for this.... :shrug:

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And this is what my Enneatype says, I don't know if this could help to clarify everything a little more (the thing is that I never see myself as a natural leader, I don't even try; my ex says that even when I like to be alone a lot and do stuff on my own, that I usually need people around from time to time). It's true that I go a lot, even alone almost all of the time, to cafes and pubs. I have a cafe in the door next to my apartment's main door, and I go there almost everyday to read in my corner and talk to the bartender. I have a couple of places like that. Usually I go to a place that I like, by day or night, with my book or my kindle and read and talk to the bartenders if there aren't a lot of people. When a place is full of people and noise I try to avoid it and find a corner of my own a little less crowded.
In my college years I used to go out at night with one of my best friends (or any other people that I knew, college friends or whatever), and I could let them in one place and then go myself alone to another place to met with other people that I knew there. I never sticked for too long with almost anybody. I knew a lot of different people, I went out almost everyday with one group or another. And I always was meeting people around. Now, I'm almost always at home with my partner and my daughter, and I feel sooooo trapped inside, because he doesn't like to go out or do stuff outdoors, he has only a couple of friends and we don't go out at night (the last time was about a year and a half ago, I think...). Basically, I crave to go out with my sister or my friends from my hometown when I'm there. Maybe it could be that I have been dealing with injuries and operations for a couple of years, and now all I want to do is go out, stay anywhere but inside my home... I don't know :smile:.

Type 7: The Enthusiast (Energetic, Engaged, Spontaneous).

You are a Type 7 with an 8 wing: "The Realist"

Your trifix is 7w8, 8w7, 3w2.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-fix contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 7 with an 8 wing: Type Seven individuals are energetic, engaging, and playful. They have a love for life and can easily jump from one exciting topic to the next. The Type Seven thought process is a bit scattered, but that’s because they are easily interested in many different things. This is why Type Seven is often called The Enthusiast. When in a growth state, Type Sevens become focused like Type Fives. When they’re stressed, they become a perfectionist like a Type One. The enthusiastic nature of the Type Seven combines with the aggressive nature of the Type Eight, making 7w8 one of the most assertive types in the Enneagram.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 8 with a 7 wing: Eights are assertive, dominant individuals who naturally take control of situations. Eights are aggressive in satisfying their needs, and indeed, Type Eight is the most aggressive personality type in the Enneagram. When in a state of growth, Eights become like Type Twos - caring and protective of other people. When Eights are stressed, they become withdrawn and secretive like Type Fives. You're an Eight with a Seven wing, which means that the outgoing nature of Seven combines with the assertive nature of Type Eight to create one of the most dynamic types in the Enneagram. Type 8w7s are a force to be reckoned with.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 3 with a 2 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Two wing, which means that your driven nature combines with a desire to help people. You often come off as charming and outgoing as a result.

Some words that describe you: decisive, authoritative, natural leader, assertive, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, enthusiastic, energetic, spontaneous, fun.

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=25504]Alya[/MENTION] Personally I don't believe there is a correlation between MBTI and enneagram, but some people do. Can you explain reason why you think you are SFP vs reasons why you could be STP? That is a hard question but it might help seeing any differences or what type your personality leans towards.

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=25733]wolfnara[/MENTION]I don't really know. I have a lot of trouble seeing me in an objective, logical way. I can't identify if I'm a thinker or a feeler, and that's because in my family -and even more when I was a little girl-, everybody use to say that I'm the emotional one. But outside of my family (mother, brother, sister and other close maternal relatives -my father was a single son and we are not really close to other paternal relatives) everybody says that I'm cold and emotionless... until at some point I break loose and I have emotional bursts where I cry or shout or whatever (it's usually when I'm stressed out, other way I can be quite calm, even when everybody thinks that I'm angry but that's my face, I can't help it), and everybody really freaks out because I'm not usually that way.
I have a really hard time when I have to look at the think/feel functions, but I think that I can identify them in other people. On the other hand, I think that I can really feel myself as a sensor and not an intuitive, but I can't say if everyone else is sensor or intuitive... I think that's really weird, and I don't have another way to explain it better :alttongue: .
Maybe I'm just an ISTP, but I want to be really sure before someone else tells me that I don't look like one LoL.

I know this could be totally wrong, but I made a test about the cognitive functions, and it told me this:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************************** (39.2)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************************** (39.5)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.3)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************** (14.2)
unused
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.5)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************************** (42.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************** (14.2)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************** (32.8)
good use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTP, or ISFP

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think ESFP tbh.

Intrapersonal vs Interpersonal
Which of these two types of intelligences to you value more? Which one do you think you're better at? Which one, if either, comes to you naturally? What about when you were a child? Which one did you naturally gravitate towards and initially pay more attention to?

baccheion

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play? I guess play, but if I have to work I'm very commited and try to make it perfect.

Here are your results (numbers are the probability that letter is part of your personality type):

Code:
I     0.9857
T     0.9699
P     0.9561
N     0.7801

S     0.2199
J     0.0439
F     0.0301
E     0.0143

If you want to answer more questions, then you can register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 300-500 questions (or more), then PM me the username you chose. Or I could PM you more questions (~300 of them).

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION] Sorry for the delayed answer, but I have been spending my holidays without my pc around. The thing is that I relate to a lot of the things on both, because, even when I'm independent and I prefer to work alone and do thing on my own way, I hate to follow a plan or a schedule, I'm really bad with that kind of stuff (I was very bad at that too when I was a little girl, I used to wait to the last minute or the last day to study or make my homework; I even improvised one time an essay about a poem and I made it completely standing in front of the class but noone realised even the teacher thought that I made it at home when my sheet was blank) I'm very good reading others emotions, re-enacting others acts and relating to people from other ages or places (it's something that make very easy to me to learn about different points of view while I'm studying my degree in Anthropology -or when I did my degree in Ancient History and Archaelogy). So I don't know what to say about that Interpersonal vs Intrapersonal thing, it's a little difficult to me to fix into one of them alone, I think.

Alya

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like to do this kind of stuff, even if it isn't useful, I find interesting to take a look at the questions and what they tell me about my answers. The Similar Minds test for the cognitive functions told me this:

Classic Jung Test Results

All the other Jung tests on this site are designed to emulate the results of the Myers Briggs test/system. While certainly the most common/popular test system based on Carl Jung's ideas, the Myers Briggs is just one interpretation/adaptation of Jung's Personality Type theory. It certainly has it's own utility (as does any personality system with enough resources and explanatory utility). However, the Myers Briggs test is not entirely faithful to Jung's ideas nor is its design entirely scientific/logical. In any case, this particular test attempts a more faithful and exact adaptation of Jung's ideas (which have their own limitations as well). Don't be surprised if your results are different, this is a different methodology (as such, the Jung type descriptions on this site and others probably won't fit the type listed below as they are based on the Myers Briggs adaptation).
Your results:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (5%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (85%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (85%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (100%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (85%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (45%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (90%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - esfp