• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I believe I'm either an INTP or ENTP, help me out

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely also would hate people telling me how to think or act. Expecting me to be something I am not. That's probably as bad if not worse than them being incompetent.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=25723]RobinSkye[/MENTION] You definitely seem like a Fi user - both from the questionnaire and just that last post. Just my brief comment/opinion, the previous users have already kind of explained why for me, haha.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
:shrug: I think inferiority is more of an irritant with other e-types. 5 is more concerned with protecting the self than with others being able to keep up with them. But I think 3s can sometimes think in such a hierarchical way.

But 5 seems as if it is inclined to emotionally distance themselves, to detatch in such a way as to not be fully connected to the personal aspects of what they are judging, then in order to insulate themselves against what could appear to them as their intellectual competancy being questioned, they might set up barriers in a such a way as to find distinctions against which to judge others. To distance themselves from questioning their actual ability by looking at the... Not exactly negative, but less than ideal individual aspects of those around them. A multidimensional heirarchical thinking, self gratifying.

Mm, this seems just like a heart type problem to me. All 3 of them like to stand out, just in different ways. Focus on appreciation, standing out, getting praise, etc feels more 3 to me. He's also way more externally-oriented than a 4w5.

I didn't really see very much involving gratification from others, more of an internalized sense of self gratification/self importance developed from self expression. He does seem sort of image forcused though, but it seems more self involved, maybe I could see 4w3 or maybe an undetermined 4w, but although the charisma is displayed, it seems more passive than I would expect from a solid 3.

Mhm, none of that goes against 3w4.

No not particularly, except it just seems to be ingrained in a further fear of a misrepresentaion of self. Again though, still not particularly.

I definitely also would hate people telling me how to think or act. Expecting me to be something I am not. That's probably as bad if not worse than them being incompetent.

Last edited:

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see either of these as likely:

-A 4w5 INFP

-A 3w4 ENTP

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25723]RobinSkye[/MENTION]

FYI: I suck at typing people. But I'm well aware of ENTP. Some things you say here dont ring true to the way ENTP's think.

1-what makes you angry?
Being under-appreciated,having my values or intelligence questioned, people being generally stupid and ignorant. Most people honestly, though I work not to always view things this way.

ENTP's (at least in my P.O.V) Dont really care about being appreciated by the mass. We just want to be heard. Also I dont know about you. But I WANT my intelligence to be questioned. I feel like most ENTP's try to egg on, unconsciously or not, conflict so it leads to debate.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
Like I said above, most people probably irk me, and it's hard not to notice the major flaws that each person has(as I grow close to people they tend to become even more apparent). I like people who nurture and appreciate me and make me feel sexy and people who are sexy, haha. I also like to have intelligent, intellectual conversations/debates so long as they don't offend me too much.

1. Probably not extroverted if you hate most people because of something as trivial as their flaws. I dont know. Maybe there are different types of extroverts?
2. Again with offending you. This is Feeling based thinking.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
Even the people I feel absolutely closest to, like my parents, sometimes bother the shit out of me Yada yada yada. I like...those who can understand me as a whole.

1. Seems like a lot of people bother the shit out of you. If your extroverted this generally wouldn't happen. Since you would be going through people like 14 YO male and tissue paper.
2. Again, you feel important to those who UNDERSTAND you( feeling based.) Rather then feel important to those who RESPECT you.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I dislike how overly analytical and excited I get about everything, but also like that because life would probably be an endless void without it. I'm pretty sure I'm narcissistic. I think I'm fucking beautiful and brilliant, from the inside and out and want to think that the art I will make is revolutionary/innovative.

Sounds about right.

9-what makes you feel secure?
Feeling my own self-worth. Doing things well, becoming better, looking good.

I mean, we DO care about looking good. But we care more about other things. Looking good wouldn't really make the list...

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
Sure, but like many other perceivers, I'm assuming, I don't really like commitment a whole lot. I'm sure at some point I will find someone that I want to eventually marry and will be fully committed to them, but right now I just kind of let what happens happen. I have really high expectations in partners though, so I don't really get much action. :c A lot of girls hit on me and then I kind of just awkwardly sit there.

ENTP's are usually the ones gladly initiating.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
My parents and dog, close family, a few close friends, meeting people who are cool, basically anything that I perceive as being cool(lots of music, films, theater, things that are innovative in the arts usually). I do a lot of gaming, but usually just try to get a really thorough understanding of and commit to a couple select games. I love being able to appreciate myself and see myself as special/awesome. I love learning more and doing more, and living a full life while still being comfortable and getting lots of sleep and nourishment.

What's sleep?

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
I think about things like this, which is weird that I still haven't pinpointed my own type. Then again, it's completely in my nature for me to second-guess everything that comes from my own mind without some affirmation. I still can't even decide what voice type I am after already considering myself a professional singer. "Tenor? Please be tenor... uh leggiero tenor I think?" I test things like my voice to try to figure out what I can do to improve and keep on evaluating pitches in order to understand better how it would sound if I am what I want to believe myself to be. I think a lot about the future, rarely the past unless it applies to something I can better or in order to understand the present/future better. Always looking to make things better off for everyone who isn't an asshole.

Affirmation for yourself or others?
_____

Ok. So, this is all based on my POV. I'm not saying ALL ENTP's just me. But I said WE because I know someone will back me up on some of the things.

I dont think you are a Extrovert. You seem hellbent on only talking about how you interact with those close to you, when you DO talk about the general public, it's put in a negative context. So you are either a friendly I or a pestimestic E?

So far, I see more N then S with you. But that could change in the future.

I think you are a confused F trying to be a T. Just because you hate people doesn't mean you are a T brah.

P or J. You never really answered enough questions for me. So I'll say X

In(?)Fx

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone have input? Any of the typology systems, I'd be interested in ^.^

baccheion

[MENTION=22021]baccheion[/MENTION]

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?

I would say play, work happens when it needs to happen. Since I'm assuming it's what the question is intended for, I usually put off the work til I have just enough time to complete it comfortably and thoroughly.

Here are your results (numbers are the probability that letter is part of your personality type):

Code:
I     0.9931
P     0.9417
N     0.8926
T     0.7511

F     0.2489
S     0.1074
J     0.0583
E     0.0069

If you want to answer more questions, then you can register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 300-500 questions (or more), then PM me the username you chose. Or I could PM you more questions (~300 of them).

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here are your results (numbers are the probability that letter is part of your personality type):

Code:
I     0.9931
P     0.9417
N     0.8926
T     0.7511

F     0.2489
S     0.1074
J     0.0583
E     0.0069

If you want to answer more questions, then you can register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 300-500 questions (or more), then PM me the username you chose. Or I could PM you more questions (~300 of them).

This means it's most linked to INTP, correct?

I would appreciate if you'd be able to pm me more questions, that would be great!

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I'm still stuck at xNTP. When it comes to enneagram, am I closer linked to 4 or 7?

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To keep record:

I took an enneagram test which displays a certain value for each type.
I scored highest in 4. 3, 5, and 7 were all a similar value close behind. 9 quite a while after those.
I would guess that either 4w5 or 4w3 can work. Tritype 479? Ideas?