• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

🐱🍧 Unsure of Enneatype (Help and be rewarded with food/cat gifs uwu) 🍧 🐱

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
🍧 Unsure of Enneatype (Help and be rewarded with food/cat gifs uwu) 🍧

Disclaimer: How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.
A: I'm doing alright right now. And to answer the second question - nah, I don't think they'd be really relevant either - at least, the ones that seem even just a bit important. But not relevant to how I might answer. And I wrote this in one sitting but I took a few breaks in between questions because at some moments, I became too lazy of being introspective hehe. But yup, doing fine.

------------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
A: Originally, I typed myself as a 4w3 but lately, I've started to look at more enneagram types and felt a piece of myself in a few other ones, especially with enneagram 6 a type that I've seriously considered. And I've just checked out general typing forums that talk to you about possible and common misidentifications between different types.

1. Establish a "baseline mood" - when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
A: I always try to find someway to distract myself and kind of plan out in my head what I should do so I won't be wasteful of the time. Mentally, I guess for the most part I'm at a neutral state of mind. When I'm alone, sometimes the loneliness can kind of get to me and I desire to be in contact with others but don't for the fear of seeming clingy or being an inconvenience to them. Even when trying to occupy myself with different activities (ex. reading, surfing the web), a lot of the time my mind dwells in both the past and future.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
A: For the most part, I think it's okay. But my mind tends to be filled with a lot of doubtful and anxious thoughts that come out of nowhere so mentally, I think it'd be kind of bad. I give off a simultaneously hyperactive and awkward demeanor to other people so yeah, not too good with making friends. I have a good life but because of the whole mental state, I don't think I'd be the best person for someone else to put their shoes in.
b. What have others said about you? A: It depends on who, as I give off a lot of different personas. To my parents, I think that they'd see me as a rebellious nonconformist who uses humor to deflect a lot of things, but can sometimes take it to a whole other level. (But, they're extremely conservative/traditional and religious so that'd make sense. Relative.) One friend had described me as equitable and happy a lot of the time, another friend described me as a "good therapist", another friend (the mom of every group) has described me as somewhat immature and a huge (both literally and figuratively lmao) procrastinator. To authority/teachers, I've been described as a mostly mellow person who doesn't speak their mind a lot. But that's only in classes. Otherwise, they say that I'm outspoken and a very moralistic person, as I care a lot about social justice and an advocate for it.
c. What do you think of yourself? I think of myself as a very reflective and perceptive person, who wants to be that one reliable and all-knowing friend. I contradict myself a lot of times too and kind of appear as a "go big or go home" person. There's another phrase for it, but that could be analogized lol. I'm either too open or too withdrawn, too passive or too passionate, too uptight or goes with the flow way too much, etc... I don't feel too different from other people, but I think it's more of just me growing up a bit more quickly - mentally, that is. But yeah, I think how different people think of me is mostly accurate.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
A: 1 - I went through self-harm/cutting for a while earlier in life, stopped for a year, continued, but finally went through therapy as the school counselor strongly suggested it for me. I met with both the school counselor and the outside counselor for a while. For the school counselor, I felt more vulnerable to being open about my feelings but it was okay, as I trusted her. The reason behind self-harming was mainly because I felt like it was a way to "punish" myself and also to kind of get the intensity out of the sensation, chemically wise.
*Kind of want to get on with the other questions, but might put in a bit more general situations as I felt that this was a bit more... informative and possibly somewhat important to know. I'm not sure. My life has been mostly stable in terms of the world around me, to be honest haha.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
A: One trait that I feel is impossible for me to develop is to be completely objective about situations and also to be aggressive/domineering. I tend to be a mostly doubtful person so I feel that being a leader of any sort would be a mess as I can be mildly passive-aggressive at times, etc... So yeah, any qualities of a type 8 lol.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop? A: One trait I'd like to have would be to become fully independent. When I think about situations and how to handle them, it's difficult for me to fully make a decision without questioning almost every single possibility and thinking about the after consequences of those possibilities, etc...

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
A: It's gonna sound kind of stupid but a few friendships I've left often resulted in me feeling like I'd inconveniencing them if I were to kind of remain in their lives any further so I usually leave just because of coming to the conclusion it'd probably be better. Some friendships kind of disappeared after a lack of commitment from both sides in trying to continue it. Time is usually just one of the most prevalent factors when it comes to disappearing friendships or relationships.

6. Which types do you identify with most? A: The types I relate to the most? Hmm - as core, I could kind of see 1, 2, 4, 6, and 9, though 4 and 6 are the ones I'm having more of a problem with choosing between.
a. How do you relate to these types? A: For 1, I can relate to it in the sense of making decisions based off of moral obligation and having my purpose in life to . I can relate to 2 in the sense of wanting to be a reliable friend to everyone and helping out with the problems of other people. For 4, I can relate to the self-consciousness and idealization of them. As well as the whole romantic ideal. For 6, the anxiety description definitely resonated with me as well as the feeling of having to take responsibility for a lot of things, and the whole feel of doubt. For 9, I'd have to agree with the description of being agreeable and doing things for the sake of avoiding unnecessary fights.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?A: For 1, I'm not as perfectionistic and definitely have less ambition. I tend to idealize about methods to make situations better but don't act upon them, and I'm critical of myself, definitely - but not as much to other people, as I tend to give myself a different set of standards. For 2, I really don't feel obliged to get into the personal lives of other people. For 4, I really don't feel all that different or alienated from other people. For 6, I'm not as committed though commitment is one of my values and I tend to want to have options just to see if there's anything better. Relating to a 9, I can definitely be argumentative about things that I feel are "right", but all subjective upon the people I'm with.

7. Which types are least like you? *SKIPPED FOR NOW
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?

b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
A: I value the concept of love, definitely. To kind of have a person that looks at the whole authentic you and appreciates it "warts and alls". I don't have too much of an opinion on trying to find it, though to be honest. I've always been attracted to the idea of spontaneously meeting them, in the most unlikely places and having a spontaneous and unpredictable relationship, though I definitely do believe it's important not to mistake drama for happiness. But I also value compatibility (ex. INFP and ENFJ relationship) - same order of functions but the only difference being subjectiveness vs. objectiveness. Yeah, I don't know.

9. What is the message your superego tells you? *SKIPPED FOR NOW
Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

Last edited:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am typing everyone as a 9 lately, but you out of everyone who I have typed as such give off the strongest 9 vibes of all.

It is common for 9's to relate strongly to different types, and although that does not necessarily mean that you are a 9, that combined with several other factors points in that direction.

Tell me if you would like me to go further and I will.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] Oh? Interestingly, I've never considered 9 to be my core type! I've only ever considered it to be stronger than my 1 - at least, in my tritype. I am somewhat curious on why you'd think that, though so just a brief explanation would be extremely helpful. Just pointing out 9w1 being a possibility is helpful enough so thank you! :):D

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I forgot to add this. XD

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'll have to get to it later when I won't get interrupted, but this is going to be fun- I can tell.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] "Fun", interesting word choice. :alttongue: But yeah, take your time haha! And thanks again~ :)

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you me? I hope you're not...

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Disclaimer: How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.
A: I'm doing alright right now. And to answer the second question - nah, I don't think they'd be really relevant either - at least, the ones that seem even just a bit important. But not relevant to how I might answer. And I wrote this in one sitting but I took a few breaks in between questions because at some moments, I became too lazy of being introspective hehe. But yup, doing fine.

------------

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
A: Originally, I typed myself as a 4w3 but lately, I've started to look at more enneagram types and felt a piece of myself in a few other ones, especially with enneagram 6 a type that I've seriously considered. And I've just checked out general typing forums that talk to you about possible and common misidentifications between different types.

Alright, first of all I am going to say that I am a bit annoyed because I hada whole paragraph typed here that didn't save, but ah well- I'll continue rolling on with the punches. Alright again, I am going to restart by saying that I am not really surprised that you thought yourself both a 6 and a 4. To say something that is well know, 9's have a tendency to identify with the whole rainbow of types in the enneagram. 6 is a common mistype, for I believe that many of the fringed negitive traits of 9 tend to show themselves with a mockingly 6 flavor. It doesn't mean that the person is a 6, but since 9's mode of expression tends to be diffident and generally...less well defined, and 6's modes happen to hint at the obvious extremes- it is a very easy mode for the 9 to attach themselves to. That is all my thoughts though, not completely really fully examined, particularly about the so called disintigration. The 9 with the 1 wing might be even more likely to attach it's experience to 6, for the 1 is so suggestive that deviations from what it understands as good/bad-right/wrong, can appear to be a shadowy form of 6- similar in a sort of surface way, but the motivations are generally very distinct from each other. While the 9w1 is looking to validate itself as...righteous, the 6 is generally hoping to be seen as 'righteous'(unhappy with this word) in the eyes of others- not directly for sure, but in a way to gain reassurance of their own capability to function on their own separately within a social(not necessarily) structure. 6 doubts its thoughts, and 9 doubts itself on a whole, they are easily confused, and therefore occasionally appear dependent on each other.(as an aside, forgive me for I am just going off my thoughts at this point and not neccesarily relating them to you- can't lose them, and they are stifling (however arrogant that sounds), as we speak- even that self effacing paragraph is fairly 9w1, and I will be pointing out portions of this where you appear to do something similar... annnd moving on)

So there tends to be a relationship with aspects of 6 in 9, and while they are shared- in a 6 they appear very very obviously and constantly- grr lost train of thought, so moving on for now.

9 and 4 are both very withdrawn types, and another frequent mistype- I would believe especially with feelers. But while the 9 uses preventative external measures against their core fears being attacked- it throws everything out as I believe that you have- 4 attaches itself towards these fears, it strongly internalizes them. They tend to focus everything into understanding the meaning, dissecting it-the emotions, everything, in order to bring themselves closer to understanding it-they form their sense of self around self understanding(Eh), not necessarily towards developing internally, but towards bridging their experience of themselve, and the constant battle of feeling less than what they believe themselves to be- that it all is not quite enough, but oh shouldn't it be-why can't it be? (the 4 stuff is kind of...shitty, but 4 is...odd to me)

1. Establish a "baseline mood" - when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
A: I always try to find someway to distract myself and kind of plan out in my head what I should do so I won't be wasteful of the time. Mentally, I guess for the most part I'm at a neutral state of mind. When I'm alone, sometimes the loneliness can kind of get to me and I desire to be in contact with others but don't for the fear of seeming clingy or being an inconvenience to them. Even when trying to occupy myself with different activities (ex. reading, surfing the web), a lot of the time my mind dwells in both the past and future.

just... This is so much more 9 to me then 6, and I am pretty sure this was what initially sold me. Though this does strongly 6... it does it does it does... but it kind of goes into what I said before. 6's are on or off- simultaneously, their processes I believe are very rarely neutral. They are generally preoccupied with it to such an extent that they give off a more intense, weathered demeanor, a scattered sense of pingponging between acting out- unintentionally I believe- the backbones that each of these emotions offers. But they are not distractions from the actual state of mind, that would be had for them to do, they generally some relation to whatever it is they are experiencing- which I would think many of their anxieties can have a more outer facial cause, and they are less likely to withdraw completely from them-(ah repetition, at least that I am noticing...mmm). Compete, neutral, external distraction, seems very much 9.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
A: For the most part, I think it's okay. But my mind tends to be filled with a lot of doubtful and anxious thoughts that come out of nowhere so mentally, I think it'd be kind of bad. I give off a simultaneously hyperactive and awkward demeanor to other people so yeah, not too good with making friends. I have a good life but because of the whole mental state, I don't think I'd be the best person for someone else to put their shoes in.
b. What have others said about you? A: It depends on who, as I give off a lot of different personas. To my parents, I think that they'd see me as a rebellious nonconformist who uses humor to deflect a lot of things, but can sometimes take it to a whole other level. (But, they're extremely conservative/traditional and religious so that'd make sense. Relative.) One friend had described me as equitable and happy a lot of the time, another friend described me as a "good therapist", another friend (the mom of every group) has described me as somewhat immature and a huge (both literally and figuratively lmao) procrastinator. To authority/teachers, I've been described as a mostly mellow person who doesn't speak their mind a lot. But that's only in classes. Otherwise, they say that I'm outspoken and a very moralistic person, as I care a lot about social justice and an advocate for it. (1)
c. What do you think of yourself? I think of myself as a very reflective and perceptive person, who wants to be that one reliable and all-knowing friend. I contradict myself a lot of times too and kind of appear as a "go big or go home" person. There's another phrase for it, but that could be analogized lol. I'm either too open or too withdrawn, too passive or too passionate, too uptight or goes with the flow way too much, etc... I don't feel too different from other people, but I think it's more of just me growing up a bit more quickly - mentally, that is. But yeah, I think how different people think of me is mostly accurate.

Although again often attributed to 6, both 6 and 9 can show this for very different reasons. 9 is merging with the environment to absorb it, 6 is trying to absorb itself-to give it to the environment(though maybe this is partially so- might be a bit over my head here- all of it, but hell it is how you learn- at least me, redefinement leading further and further- good practice). 9's become different people, 6's throw out different shades of themselves- but this is more temporary and less strong- it is not generally as connected to their environment-explicitely situationally, as it is to a transitory emotional state- it is less consistent. 9's absorb the world around them into themselves, 6's bounce off of it. Your desire to reflect upon more of what is given rather than what you give, again seems 9.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
A: 1 - I went through self-harm/cutting for a while earlier in life, stopped for a year, continued, but finally went through therapy as the school counselor strongly suggested it for me. I met with both the school counselor and the outside counselor for a while. For the school counselor, I felt more vulnerable to being open about my feelings but it was okay, as I trusted her. The reason behind self-harming was mainly because I felt like it was a way to "punish" myself and also to kind of get the intensity out of the sensation, chemically wise.
*Kind of want to get on with the other questions, but might put in a bit more general situations as I felt that this was a bit more... informative and possibly somewhat important to know. I'm not sure. My life has been mostly stable in terms of the world around me, to be honest haha.

To be as sensitive as possible to this, you are very much distancing yourself from this in a way similar to a 9. The self punishment, related to the self-standards that you mention later on, seem very likely to be attributed to the perfectionistic bent of 1. There are base aspects to this as well, trust, description of release of guardedness, that promote 9- but ending this part for now. (So much of this speaks for itself-maybe I'll go back later and highlight or something all that is direct... eh why not now)

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
A: One trait that I feel is impossible for me to develop is to be completely objective about situations and also to be aggressive/domineering. I tend to be a mostly doubtful person so I feel that being a leader of any sort would be a mess as I can be mildly passive-aggressive at times, etc... So yeah, any qualities of a type 8 lol.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop? A: One trait I'd like to have would be to become fully independent. When I think about situations and how to handle them, it's difficult for me to fully make a decision without questioning almost every single possibility and thinking about the after consequences of those possibilities, etc...

9 sees everything, worries less, but see's yes.
5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
A: It's gonna sound kind of stupid but a few friendships I've left often resulted in me feeling like I'd inconveniencing them if I were to kind of remain in their lives any further so I usually leave just because of coming to the conclusion it'd probably be better. Some friendships kind of disappeared after a lack of commitment from both sides in trying to continue it. Time is usually just one of the most prevalent factors when it comes to disappearing friendships or relationships.

6. Which types do you identify with most? A: The types I relate to the most? Hmm - as core, I could kind of see 1, 2, 4, 6, and 9, though 4 and 6 are the ones I'm having more of a problem with choosing between.
a. How do you relate to these types? A: For 1, I can relate to it in the sense of making decisions based off of moral obligation and having my purpose in life to . I can relate to 2 in the sense of wanting to be a reliable friend to everyone and helping out with the problems of other people. For 4, I can relate to the self-consciousness and idealization of them. As well as the whole romantic ideal. For 6, the anxiety description definitely resonated with me as well as the feeling of having to take responsibility for a lot of things, and the whole feel of doubt. For 9, I'd have to agree with the description of being agreeable and doing things for the sake of avoiding unnecessary fights.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?A: For 1, I'm not as perfectionistic and definitely have less ambition. I tend to idealize about methods to make situations better but don't act upon them, and I'm critical of myself, definitely - but not as much to other people Introverted 1 wing, as I tend to give myself a different set of standards. For 2, I really don't feel obliged to get into the personal lives of other people. For 4, I really don't feel all that different or alienated from other people. For 6, I'm not as committed though commitment is one of my values and I tend to want to have options just to see if there's anything better. Relating to a 9, I can definitely be argumentative about things that I feel are "right", but all subjective upon the people I'm with.

7. Which types are least like you? *SKIPPED FOR NOW
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?

b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
A: I value the concept of love, definitely. To kind of have a person that looks at the whole authentic you and appreciates it "warts and alls". I don't have too much of an opinion on trying to find it, though to be honest. I've always been attracted to the idea of spontaneously meeting them, in the most unlikely places and having a spontaneous and unpredictable relationship, though I definitely do believe it's important not to mistake drama for happiness. But I also value compatibility (ex. INFP and ENFJ relationship) - same order of functions but the only difference being subjectiveness vs. objectiveness. Yeah, I don't know.(self effacement, less self doubt-distancing-Ya do know, just don't want to explore it)

9. What is the message your superego tells you? *SKIPPED FOR NOW
Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

I'll come back to this... need more to develop it. More reading, some of the things are more just...gut feelings- and I need a more holistic understanding.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] :shocking: Jesus, I expected a one brief paragraph at most. I'm sorry you had to rewrite the first paragraph again but if it means anything, I extremely appreciate you taking the time to write all of that down. I'm pretty sure that was only somewhat longer than the questionnaire itself, hehe. And no need for that first apology, I think that your description of a 9 and also it's relation to the other types and possible misidentifications that could have went along the way both personally and generally was so extremely helpful. I took some time to research just a bit more on 9 and found a lot of descriptions resonating with me. Your explanation as to why and how 9s' can relate to more than one type was also one more major step into helping me kind of analyze my thought process and - yeah, I just - thank you so much, really. I've searched up forums and videos and I've found myself relating more to what they say than either 6 or 4, but as of right now, I think I can safely say that my core is a 9w1. Thanks so much once again for the help! :gleam:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] :shocking: Jesus, I expected a one brief paragraph at most. I'm sorry you had to rewrite the first paragraph again but if it means anything, I extremely appreciate you taking the time to write all of that down. I'm pretty sure that was only somewhat longer than the questionnaire itself, hehe. And no need for that first apology, I think that your description of a 9 and also it's relation to the other types and possible misidentifications that could have went along the way both personally and generally was so extremely helpful. I took some time to research just a bit more on 9 and found a lot of descriptions resonating with me. Your explanation as to why and how 9s' can relate to more than one type was also one more major step into helping me kind of analyze my thought process and - yeah, I just - thank you so much, really. I've searched up forums and videos and I've found myself relating more to what they say than either 6 or 4, but as of right now, I think I can safely say that my core is a 9w1. Thanks so much once again for the help! :gleam:

Eh I tend to a be a bit on the mentally wordy side- though this might have been better summed up with a paragraph. But actually though, to be completely honest... Eek... 6 is possible, and don't want to discourage you from looking further into it- but yeah I think you are a 9.

meme duchess

mein, memeself, and MeMe
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=24643]Frosty6226[/MENTION] Yeah, definitely! That's kind of sunk to the second possibility for me as of right now in terms of what could be my core type. I may just be a little biased considering recent events and emotions along with abrupt moments of self-awareness but 9 seems to align almost perfectly getting into it. I'll take some time to make what I believe seems an evidential and accurate analyzation for my Enneagram (and my Myers Briggs type as well :alttongue:) with the research and even getting "deeper" with self-awareness but at the moment, I'll try to stick with what feels right. After more in-depth analyzing, I'll change whatever needs to be changed.

(And you still got into specifics and quite well though so just that is worth commending. :D)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"A: I always try to find someway to distract myself and kind of plan out in my head what I should do so I won't be wasteful of the time. Mentally, I guess for the most part I'm at a neutral state of mind. When I'm alone, sometimes the loneliness can kind of get to me and I desire to be in contact with others but don't for the fear of seeming clingy or being an inconvenience to them. Even when trying to occupy myself with different activities (ex. reading, surfing the web), a lot of the time my mind dwells in both the past and future."

I think your enneatype is 6w7. Planning is a Head center trait, which is 5, 6, and 7. Planning so as not to be wasteful of time is a 7 trait. The second sentence above indicates type 6. Your hyperactive mental state keeps you in your head. You're definitely a head type, and probably 6w7 because you seem more nervous than the 7w6 type. The 7w6 has a nervous energy that keeps them moving, and is not afraid to simply jump into circumstances where angels fear to tread. You are more doubtful about that sort of thing, so 6w7 is the most likely choice based on my interpretation.