• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP or not INTP. That is the question.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Brevity is the soul of wit, so without further ado about nothing, let's stop with the Shakespeare quotes and puns and let's begin to start.

Introversion / Extroversion
I'm outspoken. I can think on my feet, and I'm witty. I'm never afraid of expressing my opinion about anything (it got me banned several times). I love debating, arguing, talking about theories, and proving people wrong, when they are.
But I'm an Introvert
"Wait, what? That goes against everything you've just said!"
Not really.
I hate crowds, and I hate loud noise, like the sound of laughter.
It also drains my energy which also causes me to be shy and aggressive in social situations. I enjoy being alone.

Sensing / Intuition
Sensing:
Gluttony, okay? I love eating good tasting food. I don't care about how healthy the food is. All it has to do is taste good and fill my stomach. Actually, I don't like it when I'm full. Firstly, it hurts, and secondly, it means I can't eat anymore food because it'll make the pain worse.
I'm really good at drawing. I have a semi-photographic memory, so I can basically look at anything, and draw it onto paper, and you'll be amazed.
My body is in a poor state. Because I have a high metabolism, I'm underweight. It's also kind of a good thing, because it means I can eat anything I want to and not become fat. I'm very, very easily exhausted after sports, but I have this weird habit of getting up and moving back and forth when I'm having a vivid imagination. But somehow I'm good at Badminton and Soccer.
My long term memory is really great, but my short term memory sucks. I also somehow have emotional attachments to sone memories, like embarassment, for all the weird shit I did when i was a kid.

Intuition:
My imagination is incredible. I can imagine situations I've never experienced, and when I experience them, they're exactly like I've expected them to be. I can also imagine scenarios unfold and they happen just as I predicted them to be. I also dèja-vu alot, or my literal dreams come true. Also, I'm noticing that I'm forgetting words, which is likely because of my brain autocorrecting the text. I konw yuo cna raed tihs.

I've have to go with Intuition, because I'm more of a theoretical guy, because I'm not superficial at all.

Thinking / Feeling
Thinking:
I excell at logic. I like math, despite me failing at it in school, and I'm good at it. I'm also a great theoretical theoretical physicist. I included theoretical twice, because I'm not an official theoretical physicist. I love Psychology, and understanding how the mind works. I'm also great at deducing things, for example:

Paul says that Mike is lying,
Mike says Tim is lying,
and Tim says Paul and Mike are both lying.

Who is really lying? Paul.
If Paul is lying, Mike is automatically telling the truth.
If Mike is honest, Tim is automatically lying.
Tim is also lying because only Paul is lying, not Mike.

Feeling:
I'm good at recognising emotions, but because I don't really look at people when I speak to them, I can't read their emotions, which causes people to believe I'm a sociopath, which is far from the truth. I'm impulsive and wrathful, also considered aggressive. I'm emotionally strong and insensitive. I'm emotionally tolerant but intellectually intolerant.

I'm definitely a Thinker.

Judging / Percieving
Fuck this, my attention span is over. I'm a Perciever. I'm Chaotic Neutral, a rebel of society. Actually, I'll be an attorney, not just to debate, and for justice, but also to help people escape the law. I dislike laws, but I have no problem learning them if I can let people get away with breaking them. I also enjoy trivia.
I HATE STRUCTURE. I can't stress this enough, but doing the same over and over again hurts really bad. I also dislike commitment, because it literally takes away freedom. That's like if you got another job just so you get payed less. Wtf?

So that's it, just like my attention span.
Feel free to share your opinion on my MBTI type in the comments.
Bye!

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You appear to be some variety of mildly autistic ENTP. True INTP's are never 7s, never. Welcome back from your ban! :bye:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Honestly, you seem kind of Se/Ni. And I think you use Ti--your fascination with deductive reasoning, almost categorical and classifiable analysis, etc. You're not a Feeler, and I haven't seen any evidence of Te in your questionnaire.

My answer to your question: not INTP.

I think you're an ESTP or an ISTP. :)
No hate please.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I thought N dom too. Glad to see the mighty Xann sees as I do.

Last edited:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP or ESTP I definately say.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
You appear to be some variety of mildly autistic ENTP. True INTP's are never 7s, never. Welcome back from your ban! :bye:

What do you mean by that? Enneagram indicates values, not extroversion. 7 is the value of fun. I don't need to be with alot of people to enjoy myself. I just need a gaming computer, doritos, paypal for steam, and netflix.
Then I can enjoy my life playing Minecraft, CS-GO, and watching series like The Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, and of course Suits. Not to forget Anime.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean by that? Enneagram indicates values, not extroversion. 7 is the value of fun. I don't need to be with alot of people to enjoy myself. I just need a gaming computer, doritos, paypal for steam, and netflix.
Then I can enjoy my life playing Minecraft, CS-GO, and watching series like The Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad, and of course Suits. Not to forget Anime.

The values of a 7 imply extroversion. Look at how many directions you are pulled towards in order to enjoy yourself. There is little mention of meditation or being alone with your thoughts, its a constant stream of extroverted stimulation you're seeking. It seems you just get your social itch scratched via shows rather than people.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
The values of a 7 imply extroversion. Look at how many directions you are pulled towards in order to enjoy yourself. There is little mention of meditation or being alone with your thoughts, its a constant stream of extroverted stimulation you're seeking. It seems you just get your social itch scratched via shows rather than people.

And I enjoy skype because it's less draining since their physical bodies aren't there.

Jaguar

Sensing / Intuition
Sensing:
Gluttony, okay? I love eating good tasting food. I don't care about how healthy the food is. All it has to do is taste good and fill my stomach. Actually, I don't like it when I'm full. Firstly, it hurts, and secondly, it means I can't eat anymore food because it'll make the pain worse.
I'm really good at drawing. I have a semi-photographic memory, so I can basically look at anything, and draw it onto paper, and you'll be amazed.
My body is in a poor state. Because I have a high metabolism, I'm underweight. It's also kind of a good thing, because it means I can eat anything I want to and not become fat. I'm very, very easily exhausted after sports, but I have this weird habit of getting up and moving back and forth when I'm having a vivid imagination. But somehow I'm good at Badminton and Soccer.
My long term memory is really great, but my short term memory sucks. I also somehow have emotional attachments to sone memories, like embarassment, for all the weird shit I did when i was a kid.

Intuition:
My imagination is incredible. I can imagine situations I've never experienced, and when I experience them, they're exactly like I've expected them to be. I can also imagine scenarios unfold and they happen just as I predicted them to be. I also dèja-vu alot, or my literal dreams come true. Also, I'm noticing that I'm forgetting words, which is likely because of my brain autocorrecting the text. I konw yuo cna raed tihs.

I've have to go with Intuition, because I'm more of a theoretical guy, because I'm not superficial at all.

Your entire description of S/N is the epitome of superficiality. I disagree with what is in bold text.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your entire description of S/N is the epitome of superficiality. I disagree with what is in bold text.

Trust me. I'm not superficial. If I was, I'd be like one of those wannabe gangsta ESTPs with an undercut, airjordans, dr dre beats, playing sports everyday and banging bitches every night. I hate superficial people. They judge a book by its cover and yell, laugh, and fight for no reason. That is how I define "superficial". In fact, I'm known to live inside of my head, unable to care less about my outside surroundings. It's not that far from the truth considering that I take my time with food because I'm thinking about stuff.

My mind rules my body.
Superficial is when you have your body rule your mind.

My Gluttony is Si because I don't need to eat food to taste it.
It always starts with me remembering a taste, my body reacting to that, which leads my body to eat because it thinks it's eating but isn't full.
Gluttony = Si

Jaguar

Trust me. I'm not superficial. If I was, I'd be like one of those wannabe gangsta ESTPs with an undercut, airjordans, dr dre beats, playing sports everyday and banging bitches every night. I hate superficial people. They judge a book by its cover and yell, laugh, and fight for no reason. That is how I define "superficial". In fact, I'm known to live inside of my head, unable to care less about my outside surroundings. It's not that far from the truth considering that I take my time with food because I'm thinking about stuff.

Congrats. You just did it again.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Congrats. You just did it again.

I'm not sure how to take this.

Either, I've proven you wrong again, in which case, you're welcome.

Or, you mean that it sounds superficial as well, which you probably think because I indirectly said that all superficial people are like that, which I actually didn't. I took one of the stereotypes as an example, but guess what: I know alot of people that are like that. It's a true story.

Or it's an inside joke of this forum I don't understand.

Or, it's... (I'll better stop before I get carried away)

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Can you fill out a questionnaire?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's but one facet of superficiality amid an infinite multitude. But who are you or I to say that said "wannabe gangsta ESTPs" aren't hiding a much deeper inner world full of who knows what thoughts, ruminations, musings, ideas? To strut about claiming you're not superficial whilst deeming what makes others superficial seems a bit...superficial.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to gang up on you here, but I think your definition or idea of superficiality might be flawed or misguided.

All types are probably guilty of superficiality at one time or another, including some INTPs. It has more to do with intelligence and maturity than type.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's but one facet of superficiality amid an infinite multitude. But who are you or I to say that said "wannabe gangsta ESTPs" aren't hiding a much deeper inner world full of who knows what thoughts, ruminations, musings, ideas? To strut about claiming you're not superficial whilst deeming what makes others superficial seems a bit...superficial.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to gang up on you here, but I think your definition or idea of superficiality might be flawed or misguided.

All types are probably guilty of superficiality at one time or another, including some INTPs. It has more to do with intelligence and maturity than type.

I'm 14 with an IQ of 135. I'm intellectually mature, but emotionally immature. I don't care however, because emotions are useless.

Kas

Fabula rasa
The values of a 7 imply extroversion.

Well... There may be more extroverts who are 7s, but I don't think it's unlikely for an introvert. I think in MBTI-Enneagram every option is possible
I knew ISTP who was for sure 7 and at least two of my introverted friends have 7 in tritype (due to my typing ;) )

[MENTION=24238]RandomINTP[/MENTION] after reading what you wrote I can say only xxTP
I would say extrovert (you sound more like it), but knowing someone online can be confusing about introversion/extroversion.
and I agree that you take sensing/intuition superficially.

Edit: I read rest of posts in here and this "living inside of your head" sounds a lot like introversion.
Emotions aren't useless, they make sometimes things more difficult, but allow to communicate better with people.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think my inner INFJ has activated. Let's go for broke.
It doesn't matter what you say. I will never be an S.
Ss are all evil! You don't know what the Ss did to me!
Please stop me before I say something that might get me banned.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Any type can be evil. Just calm down and have some self-control.

Fill out the questionnaire. That way, people can see how you account for your reasoning without your N bias.