• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help me figure out my type

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
I'll start with some tidbits about myself. Questionnaire below.

Currently a web developer. I'm trying to find another job at the moment, as there is too much drama in this one and I'm getting bored.
I am not a very emotional person and have low empathy, if any.
I am easily addicted to things.
I was much more..interesting when I was younger. I took a lot of classes. Drawing, painting, CADD, 3D animation, guitar, piano, singing, tennis, some craft-making, and woodshop. I also used to like swimming, hiking, and playing basketball. Since three years ago I can't stand the idea of physical exertion, not sure what happened. I've become out of shape and lazy.
I was never great in school. I aced my tests, but everything else I just refused to do. I thought it was boring and I wasn't going to do it.
I can master just about anything I set my mind to. I'm always at the top of my class in areas I'm interested in.
I've always had a knack for understanding how things work.
I am extremely competitive. If I don't think I can win, I won't play.
I love/need to drive fast. I'll go anywhere from 80-140mph on my way to work. (I don't tailgate)
Other than the driving, I've never been known to be a daredevil.
My interests in music are all over the place.
My diet is extremely limited due to hypersensitivity.

Here's the questionnaire:

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Anxiety disorder and sensory processing disorder. I've been diagnosed with Aspergers/high functioning autism.
Currently taking 100mg of Zoloft a day.
Aromantic heterosexual male. 22. Bored.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https : // www . flickr . com/photos/hipydeus/19556829185/in/explore-2015-07-09/ (The 15 post rule about links is foolish. I could just spam other threads to post them.)
First thought is that it'd be nice to be the person in the photo. Seems like the weather would be perfect and the view is awe-inspiring. It makes me want to go hiking.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Outward reactions: probably none. I have an 'everything will work out' attitude about most things. I don't usually panic. I don't know how to fix cars, but I'm pretty good at problem solving.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Hate parties. I'd rather wait out in the car. I might drop them off, but joining them is unlikely.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Depends. If I know it's wrong and I can back it up, I'll tell them. If it is entirely subjective or I don't have enough to back up my own belief I'll keep quiet.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
See answer to number 4.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I'm not sure what my values really are. I care about what is logically correct.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I'm considered very eccentric. I see it in some ways but I don't think I'm as eccentric as people label me.
b) If this counts, I'd like to have less anxiety. I'm very self-conscious while at the same time having high confidence.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I usually follow them. I like to do some research and fact checking before I express them. They aren't really situation specific.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) This depends on what I'm interested in at the moment. Generally speaking, I like things that produce tangible results. I like building things and putting puzzles together. I also like playing video games and solving problems. I'm great at figuring out and knowing how things work.
b) Anything that involves people. Parties are a no-go. I've never been good at team based activities, whether it be sports or school/work projects.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
At this point, I don't think I repress anything really. This depends on the person. I'm good at picking my battles.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound mostly like an ISTP based on your answers. For example, "Generally speaking, I like things that produce tangible results."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Although I read the whole thing, certain things stand out most: "I like building things and putting puzzles together. I also like playing video games and solving problems. I'm great at figuring out and knowing how things work" along with your liking for tangible results, your need for speed, your need to research before acting - it all points to ISTP when taken as a whole.

Very nice self-description. That helps a lot.

Now that you know your type, what tangible result do you hope to gain from it?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He sounds a heck of a lot like the guy who sits to my left at work, whom I've typed as an ISTP

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
I took the quiz at cognitivequiz dot com and these are the results I got:

Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 13.07
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.925
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||||||| 8.85
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||||| 7.62
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||| 3.57
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) || 0.42
Introverted Feeling (Fi) || -0.29
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) || -2.48

Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is low.

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ISTP
or Second Possibility: INTJ
or Third Possibility: ENTJ

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Ti - Ni - Te - Si - Se - Ne - Fi - Fe

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
Seems unanimous here that I'm ISTP. The people over at personality-cafe have typed me as ESTP, ENTJ, and possibly INTJ. I'm definitely not extroverted, but I still want some more opinions.
Here's some more stuff about me:

I've always been more of a homebody. Picking up new hobbies or interests to keep myself from getting bored.
I suck at small talk. If I have nothing to say, I have nothing to say. So if someone is talking to me, I'll overthink what my response should be and usually it'll come out as "yes" or "indeed".
My humor is a bit random. I do a lot of voices. I've been known to be good at impressions. The subject of my jokes depend on who I'm with. There are some people I like to push to see how far I can go. I'll make a lot of sexual, referential, sarcastic, and dark/twisted jokes.
I don't really drink or do any drugs. I'll drink in social situations and use it as 'social lubricant', but it's not something I really care to do casually. I'll try some drugs just to satisfy my own curiosity, but it's always just a one-off.
I like reading, but I don't do it much anymore. I used to read all the time, but now I prefer movies. Some of my favorites are A Beautiful Mind, Good Will Hunting, The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything, The Social Network, Rain Man, and Warrior(2011).
I also like documentaries a lot.
I'm very good at observing things and making accurate conclusions.
I'm an obsessive learner. Once I start, I won't stop until I know everything about what it is I'm studying.
I'm pretty good with my money. I do my budget in my head before making any big purchase.
At the same time I'm a rather impulsive person. I'll buy things on a whim in the moment or decide I want to do 'x' and go do it.
I keep my space mostly clean. But I have been known to let pizza boxes, soda cans, and water bottles build up in random places.
I think first then act. But I'm good at thinking quickly in tough situations.
At work I'll think of a way to fix something, do it so that they have something that works, and then I'll improve it later. Often times I'll just keep going back and making things more and more efficient.
Since moving to AZ I haven't really wanted to do anything. The scenery is awful and it's too hot outside to go for a walk. So like I said before I've become out of shape and lazy. I'm not good at monotonous exercise except for walking since I can lose myself in my head while walking. I also like tennis, but I don't have anyone to play it with and it's too hot to do so anyways.
I'm not interested in controlling people. I may think what they're doing is stupid, but I say let them do their own thing and stay away from me.

I relate strongly to Ti and Ni from what I've read. Most people know me as an analytical observer and that seems to fit well with those two functions.
I am considered an intuitive person. However, I don't care too much about the future. I'll consider long term repercussions and view a problem from all angles, but I personally won't plan too far ahead. Everything I do is well thought out, but it can seem impulsive because I can think quickly. Certain things just 'make sense' so I don't need a really detailed plan. Like when someone brings up something they want to do, I can immediately point out all the flaws.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still ISTP.

Intuition is not about planning too far ahead, it's about seeing, not planning. The T and F functions are about planning. The S and N functions are about seeing (or "seeing").

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There's a lot of lame-ass thinking in your thread on Personality Cafe. For example,

"but I find the idea I like very quickly and want it in play right away. Whenever I come up with plans, I want them executed as soon as possible. I'm very much into instant gratification." The responder says that this indicates Te.

However, he only bolded the part that indicates Te to him. By not bolding "I'm very much into instant gratification" the responder has omitted evidence to the contrary of Te, and that is, "instant gratification" which indicates Se.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
i can see infj with bad fe or istp with weak se

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
There's a lot of lame-ass thinking in your thread on Personality Cafe. For example,

"but I find the idea I like very quickly and want it in play right away. Whenever I come up with plans, I want them executed as soon as possible. I'm very much into instant gratification." The responder says that this indicates Te.

However, he only bolded the part that indicates Te to him. By not bolding "I'm very much into instant gratification" the responder has omitted evidence to the contrary of Te, and that is, "instant gratification" which indicates Se.

They also took some of my statements and interpreted them as bragging. Such as having little empathy or being at the top of my class. I'm neither proud nor ashamed, it just is what it is and I thought it'd help determine my type.

Anyways, we're going with ISTP? Is it possible that I have relatively weak Se or subdued Se due to anxiety?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This could read like something out of an ISTP handbook. Probably the most clear cut case I've seen...ever? :/

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They also took some of my statements and interpreted them as bragging. Such as having little empathy or being at the top of my class. I'm neither proud nor ashamed, it just is what it is and I thought it'd help determine my type.

Anyways, we're going with ISTP? Is it possible that I have relatively weak Se or subdued Se due to anxiety?

If you want to make this connect with anxiety, it depends on what you're anxious about. If you have a social phobia, then that makes a connection with Fe-inferior. Ti and Ni commonly go together at the top of a function test result. I don't think anybody knows the "why" about that, but it has the effect of strengthening introversion which further diminishes the Fe function because of the additional introversion. Ni also has a dampening effect on Se, with that they are completely opposite functions.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Why do you believe your Se is weak or subdued? How well do you relate to the following excerpts?

"No other human type can equal the extraverted sensation-type in realism. His sense for objective facts is extraordinarily developed. His life is an accumulation of actual experience with concrete objects, and the more pronounced he is, the less use does he make of his expert ence. In certain cases the events of his life hardly deserve the name "experience '. He knows no better use for this sensed *experience* than to make it serve as a guide to fresh sensations ; anything in the least ' new ' that comes within his circle of interest is forthwith turned to a sensational account and is made to serve this end. In so far as one is disposed to regard a highly developed sense for sheer actuality as very reasonable, will such men be esteemed rational. In reality, however, this is by no means the case, since they are equally subject to the sensation of irrational, chance happenings, as they are to rational behaviour."

When he 'senses', everything essential has been said and done. Nothing can be more than concrete and actual; conjectures that transcend or go beyond the concrete are only permitted on condition
that they enhance sensation.

His ideal is the actual ; in this respect he is considerate. He has no ideals related to ideas he has, therefore, no sort of ground for maintaining a hostile attitude towards the reality of things and facts. This expresses itself in all the externals of his life.

And speaking specifically of "unhealth":

The unconscious is, accordingly, forced out of its metier as a compensatory function and driven into open opposition. But, above all, the repressed intuitions begin to assert themselves in the form of projections upon the object. The strangest conjectures arise; in the case of a sexual object, jealous phantasies and anxiety-states play a great role. More acute cases develop every sort of phobia, and especially compulsive symptoms. The pathological contents have a remarkable air of unreality, with a frequent moral or religious colouring. A pettifogging captiousness often develops, or an absurdly scrupulous morality coupled with a primitive, superstitious and magical ' religiosity, harking back to abstruse rites. All these things have their source in the repressed inferior functions, which, in such cases, stand in harsh opposition to the conscious standpoint;because they appear to rest upon the most absurd suppositions, in complete contrast to the conscious sense of reality.

These are directly from Jung's Psychological Types VI from the Extraverted Sensation section.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That tells me he's probably not ISTP. ;)

Hah! I wasn't going to say it.

I also tend to be suspicious of questionnaires that are too pretty but what else do I have to go off of?

Jaguar

You sound mostly like an ISTP based on your answers. For example, "Generally speaking, I like things that produce tangible results."

As opposed to INTP: "Generally speaking, I like things that produce nothing"?

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Actually amy type can have social anxiety.
Why did you score high at the top of your class

InvaderZoom

Enneagram
Probably just stereotypes I've read that cause me to question.
It would seem that ISTP is obvious. The nickname 'craftsman' fits.

Thanks for the help!