• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've lost my Head. Can someone help me find it? (Enneagram typing)

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Less of a specific problem and more of a overarching life one. Persistent discontent is the only way I can describe it. Dissatisfaction with most of my endeavors. Unable to attach and invest myself in anything resulting in my feeling like I've accomplished too little. Too easily bored and disinterested. Too quick to purge items, people, and opportunities and move on. To the point that it's affecting most spheres of my life. Educational, professional, social, etc.

I'm desperately seeking some kind of inspiration. Something that feels "real" and isn't easy to devalue and dismiss compulsively.

If I can pretend for a moment that it's not an overly burdened concept, I'm looking for something to "love" in sense that motivates me to commit and be constructive instead of straddling the intersection of "must do", "want to care", and "but doesn't really matter in the end".

Hopefully this make sense and is useful. I have a habit of being too vague which gets especially bad when talking about anything feelz(tm).

So you're kind of dissapointed but not because you havn't wokred hard enough but because you're not interested in the things you were doing before, right?

And you want to find somthing to do.. That you can enjoy?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So you're kind of dissapointed but not because you havn't wokred hard enough but because you're not interested in the things you were doing before, right?

And you want to find somthing to do.. That you can enjoy?

I'm bored by present events and activities too, not just the past. I go through the motions for my obligations but I lack personal investment which is my strongest source of motivation. This is also causing me to underachieve relative to my capabilities. My willpower is flighty. I'll typically set goals, excell for a couple of weeks, and then drop them arbitrarily. I'm weakly motivated by "things will get interesting eventually" but I'm locked into a short term gratification loop and never quite seem to hit "eventually".

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm bored by present events and activities too, not just the past. I go through the motions for my obligations but I lack personal investment which is my strongest source of motivation. This is also causing me to underachieve relative to my capabilities. My willpower is flighty. I'll typically set goals, excell for a couple of weeks, and then drop them arbitrarily. I'm weakly motivated by "things will get interesting eventually" but I'm locked into a short term gratification loop and never quite seem to hit "eventually".

Alright one more answer can get me to type you..
Do you have any specfic goal or life code or anything you'll always try your best to keep ans hold up to?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Alright one more answer can get me to type you..
Do you have any specfic goal or life code or anything you'll always try your best to keep ans hold up to?

If you mean something like "always be true to myself" or "work hard, player harder" or etc, not really. Pretty sure "survive as long as possible" is too universal to be a personal motto. Maybe "no point dwelling on past mistakes" could count.

Or if you're asking for concrete goals, I want to lead a research team and make some significant medical breakthrough that can live on as my legacy. That's the main reason I bother with these arbitrary academic obstacle courses anyway.

baccheion

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?

Does it bother you when people are late?

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?

Could you date someone who was really quiet?

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?

How shy would you say you are?

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

Which word describes you better: private or social?

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?

Do you care about other people's suffering?

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?

Are you almost always on time?

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?

How frequently do you drink alcohol?

Are you careful with your money?

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?

How much do you procrastinate?

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?

Do you ever feel socially awkward?

Do you space out or daydream a lot?

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?

Do you like to be the center of attention?

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?

Could you date someone who was really messy?

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?

Would you be willing to adopt a child?

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?

How often are you open with your feelings?

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?

Are you more talented, or hardworking?

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?

Do you like wild parties?

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?

Does silence make you uncomfortable?

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?

How messy are you?

How often do you use Facebook?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Questionnaires depress the shit out of me but since I've been exceptionally productive today, I'll play.

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?
--The trick is to make work seem like play.

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?
--Couldn't say. Quietly intense might work but I can also be quite dismissive and flippant too.

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?
--I'm not a political person but I generally find "progressive" policies more palatable.

Does it bother you when people are late?
--Depends on how important it is for them to be on time for the particular function and how late they wind up being.

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?
--Both have their advantages and flaws though I'll give science the edge simply for being more willing to adapt.

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?
--Cool-headed, probably. I'm mostly only warm-hearted to people and situations I care strongly for and there aren't that many of those. I still make an effort to be polite though. Usually.

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?
--Difficult to say. Passive unless there's progress to made and no ones making an effort to make it. My ideal position is second fiddle to the one in charge. Balanced I suppose.

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?
--If by forgive you mean let go of my agitation instead of "kiss and make up" then yes I forgive but I never forget.

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?
--I have two dogs. They are okay.
--Jk, they can be sweet but sometimes I wish I had less needy pets.

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?
--Big and crazy sounds like too much effort for too little reward. Medium and cozy sounds perfect.

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?
--Depends on the individual.

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?
--I find 99% of them unappealing and am usually indifferent. The 1% I do like are those weirdly mature ones that were likely forced to grow up too soon. Brings out my protective instincts.

Could you date someone who was really quiet?
--As long as they usually respond when spoken to and have some topic that lights them up and makes them "hyper"-like, sure.

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?[/b]
--No strong preference. Probably social/interpersonal though since I think that's my weakest of the three.

How shy would you say you are?
--I don't consider myself shy. In my day to day life I tend to keep to myself but I don't have any problems with interacting with people in casual situations. Professionally can be slightly more frustrating because you're often expected to be more outgoing and personable.

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?
--I don't have strong opinions about morality. I tend towards a relativist outlook. If you're asking how I make decisions, I usually figure out which options are likely to provide the best outcomes and then pick the one that seems less troublesome.

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?
--Always. I often find myself wanting to do personal study instead of studying/doing the project/assignment that needs to be done first.

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?
--What more is there to say?

Which word describes you better: private or social?

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?
--N/A but if we can reframe it, I tend to take the lead around my more passive friends and acquaintances and follow the lead of the more active ones unless I disagree with their direction.

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?
--I wouldn't know.

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?
--In emails and forums, yes, because I make an effort to review what I've written and make it more straightforward and coherent.
--In SMS, IM, and speaking I tend to be less coherent and often have to repeat and/or re-explain things.
--I've been told that it's easy to tell when I'm tired because my spelling and grammar tend to go to shit.

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?
--Whenever the opportunity presents. With a couple of important(?) exceptions, I'll try anything once.

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?
--If I lived in a more humane climate temperature-wise, I wouldn't mind as much. As it is, I despise it.

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?
--Yes but I think it's less empathy and more because I rarely have strong opinions of my own so it's easier to understand why someone might reach certain conclusions (even if I disagree with them and how they got there).

Do you care about other people's suffering?
--I dislike unnecessary suffering. I imagine there are some situations where it is necessary but genuine, prolonged suffering of others bothers me and depending on how close I am to them I will try to help fix it.

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?
--Yes. I am annoyed by people who abide by strict rules of correctness and propriety in general.

Are you almost always on time?
--I am usually exactly on time. I am rarely early or late.

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?
--Order is my betrothed but Chaos is my lover. Meaning that I put effort in maintaining stability in my surroundings but only because I recognize my nature is inherently unstable.

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?
--Yes.

How frequently do you drink alcohol?
--Daily. Almost always with meals as opposed to recreationally.

Are you careful with your money?
--I am minimalist by nature so there isn't much that I desire to spend my money on but when I do I often splurge or higher quality things.

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?
--Trial and error and instinct. One of the few things I do strongly believe in is that I learn best from making mistakes and learning why they didn't work. I am mostly neutral to tradition and occasionally hostile when it is used as an excuse to dismiss more efficient solutions.

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?
--Depends on what you mean by philosophical. I enjoy conversations about absurd and subjective things like human nature and our motivations. Being able to have those sorts of conversations would probably cause me to feel closer to them.

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?
--But not in the romantic sense. My life lacks general passion and it's only recently that I realized how hungry I am for it. Sex, friends, and ideas are nice but if I can't appreciate them enough to motivate me to initiate/nurture/realize them then what's the point?

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?
--Hah. I'm a little bit of both. I don't think one is inherently better or worse than the other. Too much of either can result in ineffectiveness.

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?
--I'm an aspiring biomedical researcher. I spend too much time in labs analyzing the nature of our immune system and pathogens to not put some effort into maintaining proper sanitation and hygiene.

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?
--I don't pretend I don't have shortcomings but I refuse to constantly dwell in them and let them compromise my self-esteem either.

How much do you procrastinate?
--Too much though I've gotten better now that I'm actually enjoying a lot of the work I do and material I'm studying.

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?
--But only because I've come across this before. If I didn't already know the answer I would think it a trick question but say "where" anyway.

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?
--A bit of both a bit of neither.

Do you ever feel socially awkward?
--Of course. Everyone experience moments of awkwardness sometimes some people are just better at brushing it off or recovering in the moment.

Do you space out or daydream a lot?
--Space out, yes. Daydream, not so much.

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?
--Rarely if ever.

Do you like to be the center of attention?
--Yes, as long as I can retreat when I'm tired of it.

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?
--Not especially.

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?
--Short and polite? Sure.
--Long and friendly? NO.

Could you date someone who was really messy?
--Sure but we wouldn't live together. Or if we did we would have our own spaces. Or they would pay for a cleaning service.

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?
--Something in between. If the situation is a comfortable and open one I'll be more likely to blurt. Else I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile),Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?
--50% Batman, 30% Garfield, 15% Bugs, 5% Mickey

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?
--I don't stress over a little mess but I try to keep my mad scientist experiments solely in the lab, not my living space.

Would you be willing to adopt a child?
--I would sooner adopt than have one of my own.

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?
--As trivia, sure, but I don't typically seek it out.

How often are you open with your feelings?
--Basically never. I have to put effort into it just to understand myself sometimes.

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?
--Tentative. Things are usually more fun when they occur spontaneously.

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?
--I personally think the world is (and the people in it) pretty fucked but I try not to let that get in the way of getting what enjoyment I can out of life.

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?
--"I'm willing to try anything once."

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?
--More like I have a hard time thinking of appropriate or relevant things to talk about.

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?
--I think they should be used in tandem. I think a lack of balance is what leads to unnecessary dogmatism.

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?
--TEMPERATE PLZ. I LIVE IN TROPICAL NOW. DO NOT LIKE. BUT I DON'T LIKE THE COLD EITHER, SO LIKE, YEAH?

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?
--Yep. My ideal relationships are the open kind where we seek each other out when we desire their company.

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?
--Off and on.

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?
--Depends on what I'm learning.

Are you more talented, or hardworking?
--Which severely compromised my discipline and willpower growing up and now I'm scrambling to develop both properly.

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?
--Living? Nope.
--Dead? With effort.

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?
--I can't answer this question because I don't know.

Do you like wild parties?
--Not especially.

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?
--Uh...lottery? Easiest question.

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?
--Ridiculously corny and I would dance with them because that's exactly the kind of dorkiness I find endearing.

Does silence make you uncomfortable?
--Depends on the nature of and reason for the silence.

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?

How messy are you?
--If 0 is Monk's flat and 10 is a dumpster, I'm probably a 3.

How often do you use Facebook?
--Never since it's long deleted.

baccheion

Here are your results (number is the probability of the letter being a part of your personality type):
Code:
I       0.9669  
N       0.8317  
T       0.7106  
P       0.6628  

J       0.3372  
F       0.2894  
S       0.1683  
E       0.0331

If you want to answer more questions, register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 300 - 500 questions (or more), then PM me the username you used.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Here are your results (number is the probability of the letter being a part of your personality type):
Code:
I       0.9669  
N       0.8317  
T       0.7106  
P       0.6628  

J       0.3372  
F       0.2894  
S       0.1683  
E       0.0331

If you want to answer more questions, register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 300 - 500 questions (or more), then PM me the username you used.

About what I expected. Only I'm pretty sure I'm percievng dominant and slightly favor Ne over Ti. My ambiversion makes it hard to decide sometimes.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=22782]Mademoiselle[/MENTION] Did you ever reach a verdict?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Don't remember it. How'd you figure 5?

Unhealthy five, lost for a while.
you live cheerfully, careless and don't mind troubles until you start thinking things out, and when you do, you get desperate for a while.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Unhealthy five, lost for a while.
you live cheerfully, careless and don't mind troubles until you start thinking things out, and when you do, you get desperate for a while.

Actually, I could see this.

I'll spare you the rambling details and just say that I also noted some unhealthiness but attributed it to 6 instead of 5. Now that I'm on an "upswing", I feel that my perspective is opening up again but I loosely conceptualized it as 6->9 when 7->5 makes just as much, if not more, sense.

At the very least, it's definitely a type I'll consider more seriously. Thanks for the help.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, I could see this.

I'll spare you the rambling details and just say that I also noted some unhealthiness but attributed it to 6 instead of 5. Now that I'm on an "upswing", I feel that my perspective is opening up again but I loosely conceptualized it as 6->9 when 7->5 makes just as much, if not more, sense.

At the very least, it's definitely a type I'll consider more seriously. Thanks for the help.

Don't get lonely.
Besides no one can hate your type unless for the harsh reasons like jealousy, that's because you're a great friend.
Do live the life of yours along with what you're good at!!

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Don't get lonely.
Besides no one can hate your type unless for the harsh reasons like jealousy, that's because you're a great friend.
Do live the life of yours along with what you're good at!!

Haha this is so bizarre and I have no idea how to respond to it properly (assuming I even can in my current state ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °))

But I'm going to say "Thanks!" anyway because it's certainly interesting!

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yeah it's on the shelf behind the potted plant

#YouAreWelcome

MHYho88.jpg

When the hell did I get a plotted plant?

Wait. When the hell did I get a shelf?

Somebody's got some 'splaining to do and, since I live alone, an exorcism as well.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
MHYho88.jpg

When the hell did I get a plotted plant?

Wait. When the hell did I get a shelf?

Somebody's got some 'splaining to do and, since I live alone, an exorcism as well.

they were always there you just never noticed it cuz your head ran away.