• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

And I'm back again today

Type

• ESFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESTJ

• ENTJ

• ENFJ

• ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFP

• ISTP

• INTJ

• INFJ

• Total voters

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Give me whatever you've got.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I see Ne in you. Not necessarily dom or aux though.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm gonna roll with ENFP for now... kind of scattered but still got that substance. And you have that extreme "openness" as per the Big 5 that screams Ne, but not the harshness of Ti backing it.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I figure some kind of NP but not INFP.

ETA: I forgot. Enneagram 9 throws me off, so INFP is possible. :shrug:

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I saw Ne in you but at the same time, you seemed to give off a different vibe from other Ne dom/aux on this forum. You don't Ti as much as xNTPs, and you also don't Fi as much as xNFPs.

How about ISTJ as your type?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I figure some kind of NP but not INFP.

ETA: I forgot. Enneagram 9 throws me off, so INFP is possible. :shrug:

Yeah enneagram 9...

For all of it's benefits, it sure does place generalization way too far above distinction. It is easy for me to chunk out reasons for certain things, but that means that it is just equally as easy for me to find reasons against. A constant circle, one thing building up, only for the compostite to tear ismtself down. 'But' is enneagram 9's favorite word.

I used to be extremely creative, when I was younger my creativity and 'passion' got me through pretty much anything. But I was attracted to what others viewed as odd. Instead of doing a project on chocolate bars, or rollercoasters, I would do a project on the holocaust or schizophrenia. Others-namely my parents-would worry about me, whether it was effecting me, whether I was depressed, bbut that was never the case. I was just attracted to those sorts of topics-the ones that I just could not really, completely, truly understand.

Lately that creative energy... Has just become more and more challenging to grasp-it just feels as if it is slipping away from me. I am not who I used to be, not sure if it, again, is a situational thing, a chemical processing thing, or what-but the way that I have lost any and all drive to really 'get' anything is depressing to me.

But anyways, onto Fi. Honestly, I really shied away from the idea of Fi for a while. It seemed weak, and the users I saw on here, well some of them just seemed endlessly whiny. It was like the baby version of Ti to me, the we have to watch what we do around Fi so that this person doesn't have some sort of emotionally value based implosion.

But I suppose it is just an attitude beyond control, a natural inclination-a drive towards a natural inclination- that is not broadbrushed person to person. And the thing is, is that I can feel something when I type all of this stuff-something that really hesitates from wanting me to share. That may or may not be Fi, it may just be some sortof emotional discomfort from not knowing whether or not what I am even saying about myself is true, or about Fi on the whole, but it's there.

I really am not sure if I like type me threads, I don't really know what to say about 'myself' and everything that I do say just feels as if it is me spinning something off of a stereotype.

I saw Ne in you but at the same time, you seemed to give off a different vibe from other Ne dom/aux on this forum. You don't Ti as much as xNTPs, and you also don't Fi as much as xNFPs.

How about ISTJ as your type?

I do believe I come off very similarly to [MENTION=6554]DisneyGeek[/MENTION], so yes this could be a possibility.

I read somewhere that ISxJ's at around this point in development do tend to stretch their Ne and that for a while their inferior function seems to almost undermine their auxilerary.

I am not sure if it has to do with the demands of the age, as a means of 'fitting in' still with the crowd around them, a crowd that tends to be less singularly focused as people tend to be later, or if it is just a natural biological process used to discover and 'explore' both themselves and the world to gain more for their Si.

But yes, ISTJ and ISFJ are both possibilities. Generally I see myself as sort of... Distant. People who know me swear that I have no emotions,(though this could come from associating with strong feelers... Shudder), and I have had 'personal talks'(why oh why the need is found to do so I gave no idea... They think they are doing me some sort of personal favor, pointing out that I need to be friendlier-no sir I do not, and if I did then it is just absolutely none of your business. I never see any of these 'talks' being given to guys... Only me out of some hope that maybe if 'be nice' 'be nice' 'be nice' 'be efffusive' 'give her a hug' 'just fake it, what is so hard about faking it for 5 minutes' 'don't be rude, apologize for being rude, just suck it up' is forced down my throat long enough maybe I will just magically transform into Betty Crocker or something.

But anyways, yes, ISFJ and ISTJ are both on the table. The thing is, is that I just have an extreme difficulty with being externally consistant that I would think would just naturally push the probability of being a high Je nearly out the window. I do not do things in an orderly fashion as I just find it nearly impossible to do so. I do not care enough about most things to really have the energy to follow through with them, and most things that I do, that I learn, just seem to shallow for me to want to develop any sort of interest in them. It has always been irritating to me, to know that 'I can' do something-and probably better than most of my peers, but to have to rely upon interest and some sort of magical blow from the God's to be able to really absorb any material. I guess I just sort of feel sometimes that my actions, desires, and the like are just sort of out of my control.

But when I do get a burst... It is really just a phenomenal relief. But is is like some sort of shy animal, you are happy that it is there because it isn't going to bite and because it is so soft and malleable you can manipulate it to do whatever you like... But you are afraid that if you force something to fast it will just scurry the hell away out of fear or because it is overwhelmed. But am I happy that it is there. It is like a rush and it just makes me feel so powerful, like I can grab the reins. Everything is just so clear and focused, and everything that I do, every knowledge base that I have just builds upon itself higher and higher until I just have this thorough understanding. It is like a high for me. Just a storm where I can get everything done, and then go back to avoiding doing anything.

The sad part about it is, is that I am generally just awful at explaining things. Anything simple or not, I just cannot seem to do it any justice. I'll stutter and talk around my words, and it is just generally so frusterating-because I know. I know but, I cannot show it, and then everyone thinks that I am dumb or something.

ISFJ. I don't know about this one. I would believe that I show a decent amount of a nurturing Fe around those who I amclose to, particularly to younger relatives, but Fe on the whole... Maybe. But my type of socialization seems just a bit too disporortionate and selective for me to really put a large amount of stock in high Fe. While I do care about people in general being happy and in a state of general wellbeing, I personally have no desire to really contribute to them getting that way. This might come from just a mere reluctance to get involved, a hesitance to influence something for another person, shear leaziness, or just something else. But what I do know is that generally I do care far more than I am willing to let on, and actually sometimes I wish that I could care just a little bit less. So I pretend that I do care less, and then blissful suppression ensues.

So yeah I am not sure that that tells you anything besides the fact that ISXJ is a decent consideration.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
If you don't wanna post at least just vote... Please?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I support ISXJ. Your version of Ne reminds me of the ISFJ I sit by every day at work, his sense of humor. 9 can make a J less orderly/motivated.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah I really doubt that I am ever going to fit a type to my profile. This might be a bit of a cop out, but really for me I don't know if I would feel comfortable attaching a particular visible label on myself. I like the ideas I have in my head, of having certain traits from certain types, and I know that typing is obviously more scientific than just being the sum of the parts, and that the sum sort of distinguishes the parts and not the other way around-but I guess to me typology is something to study, and less something to be applied to the self. But then again, that is sort of non-sensical as well. But yeah, I am usually alright with things that do not threaten my sense of self/identity.

But yeah, I kind of knew this would be the end result all along. Me backing out, but I guess it just is what it is for now.

But anyways before I do, I guess I'll give a run down on particularly why I suspect myself to be of different types. I'll exclude the ones of which I believe there to be little chance.

ISFP: A very slight possibility. Almost nill. But the timidity, the enjoyment of the physical(vague, and honestly I really do not understand this type well at all). But I really do not have much of an aesthetic appreciation of the physical in and of itself. I really don't believe I have much of an Se at all, but the descriptions of Fi online are extremely relatable.

Fi. I mean I wouldn't say that I just constantly have this overwhelming emotional turmoil just rushing through me as online descriptions seem to sort of describe. But that jung description... Wow. I had avoided it, only looking at the Si and Ti descriptions really (of which I actually did partially identify with both). But looking at the Fi description, well I don't know. The push, the desire to do what is right-although this might be me trying to attach myself to a notion I may have romanticized-, is very relatable. Though this might be my 1 wing showing its influence as well. I have always been interested in psychology, while at the same time seeing it as almost a bit too soft-too easy-oftentimes its teachings shallow and self explanatory. Anything that catches my eye, anything immersively psychological, 'dark', 'depressing', whatever, has always held an intensive interest, an absorbtion almost beyond myself. But I never wanted to really be personally affected, and I still don't-not in the way that online descriptions suggest that Fi users should. I am affected but it is almost as if I am looking at it all through a bubble, only the smallest amounts seeping in and the rest just absolutely almost clinically cold. Self protective possibly. 953 possibly. Me being full of shit I am not aware or partially aware of(aka 9), probably partially.

But yeah I will continue this later. Running out right now.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
how can you be back if you neveer left? that's like that homeless guy that lives in your pantry saying oh yeah i went to spain and it's like no! i gave you some paella ooh I should make that it's delicous. but you did not go to spain you've been in my pantry the whole time

also i dunno your type.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
how can you be back if you neveer left? that's like that homeless guy that lives in your pantry saying oh yeah i went to spain and it's like no! i gave you some paella ooh I should make that it's delicous. but you did not go to spain you've been in my pantry the whole time

also i dunno your type.

Eh it was a poor attempt to make a title off of the Frosty the Snowman song. It kind of related in the fact that I had made one of these threads before, but yeah it was almost painful typing it because it was so ridiculously corny.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Eh it was a poor attempt to make a title off of the Frosty the Snowman song. It kind of related in the fact that I had made one of these threads before, but yeah it was almost painful typing it because it was so ridiculously corny.

if it was so painful why type it? ps hows the homeless guy?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
if it was so painful why type it? ps hows the homeless guy?

Good question. Guess another excuse to hate myself just a wee bit more. (Cue dramatic music)

And uhh this is embarassing but I'm not sure I remember about any homeless guy. Might be just a slip of the memory, but there is a homeless guy who lives with my uncle and there is a homeless guy who stays by our grocery store. Maybe I mentioned them at some point? I hope I haven't forgotten anyone but yeah, I mean I hope they are doing alright. Did I mention something at some point? Because my brain is melting a bit at this rn.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Good question. Guess another excuse to hate myself just a wee bit more. (Cue dramatic music)

And uhh this is embarassing but I'm not sure I remember about any homeless guy. Might be just a slip of the memory, but there is a homeless guy who lives with my uncle and there is a homeless guy who stays by our grocery store. Maybe I mentioned them at some point? I hope I haven't forgotten anyone but yeah, I mean I hope they are doing alright. Did I mention something at some point? Because my brain is melting a bit at this rn.

I was joking about the homeless guy.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was joking about the homeless guy.

I mean I kinda sorta figured, for the Fi thing. But yeah... Still-wow.:fpalm:

Prplchknz you will be the death of me! (More and more drama until the final scene where you jokingly tell me that there is a giant mountain of icecream at the bottom of a high and rocky cliff.)

Edit:Oh, it was in relation to your first post. Yeah I have a bad habit of only reading the first and last sentance of things. So yeah, well this thread at this point... Yeah... Wow.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do one of those online tests. What did Ya get?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
View attachment 13919View attachment 13918

But I always get something similar and I feel as if I know the questions forewards and backwards. I try to be objective, but there is no telling.

Bad quality, have to find some time to get to a computer.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
waystoknowenfp.jpg

Have you seen this? :smile:

baccheion

If you want another perspective, you can register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 500+ questions, then PM the username you used. I wrote a script that can look at the answers and try to guess your personality type.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
If you want another perspective, you can register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 500+ questions, then PM the username you used. I wrote a script that can look at the answers and try to guess your personality type.

Didn't do that, but I messed around with the tool that analyzes individual posts, and it gave me some interesting insights.

I reccomend it to anyone else, just for 'fun' or for any sort of potentially deeper understanding.

Just wanted to say that, and I believe the link is on dreambelievers thread.