• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type am I?

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem like an ENFP to me, personally.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It would be nice to actually have more information to go off of.

baccheion

It would be nice to actually have more information to go off of.

Like what?

Here are some questions I answered on another site:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

???

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

There's always someone, some situation, or procrastination getting in my way, preventing me from being able to do what I want to do. Usually it's some idiot. I watch everyday as I fall further behind and get farther away from who I am and what I want to do, and it eats me alive.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

There was no one around, no one was bothering me, it was quiet, I wasn't procrastinating, and my mind was buzzing.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I don't feel inferior, usually. Maybe if I abysmally fail to live up to the standards I set for myself or think are necessary, or if I can't do something I clearly should be able to do? Maybe when I compare what I know with what could be known and see that I've only scratched the surface?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I usually don't have to think long to make a decision, but if it's important enough that I need to make a careful assessment, then I look at everything. I look at possible routes that could be taken, what they will likely result in, issues that could arise, etc. I try to arrive at the ideally correct choice, then I begin factoring how that choice will affect myself and everyone else, how much effort will be required, etc. If the "ideal" choice will require too much effort or will significantly affect others, then I may go with another choice, but usually it's more important for me to go with the ideal choice than avoid extra work/pain (unless it's not worth it).

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

As long as I'm left alone to work on it, I don't really care. I have no drive to be in charge or drive the direction of any project (and would prefer not to), but if no one knows what they are doing, then I'll start doing it. It's more important to me that things be done properly, than quickly/cheaply/etc, unless what's being worked on isn't that important. That is, quality over everything else.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I usually have the most fun when I'm alone, or am around people that don't know me. That is, there's no one annoying me, or getting in my way, so I can do what I'm trying to do without any distractions. If I get really interested in something (a sport, a game, a theory, an experiment, a problem worth solving, etc), and am able to immerse myself in it for long periods of time, then I'm having fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Memorization doesn't usually work for me (takes too long and requires too much effort). I usually think about what I'm trying to learn until I get a sense of what it is, then I fill in the details. There isn't a preference for hands on, or theorizing. I do whatever will help me clarify my understanding of something. If it means thinking things out, then I do that. If it means trying it out, or watching how others do it, or how it's applied, then I do that.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I don't spend time explicitly organizing, and I don't have any drive to do so, but I also don't need things organized (in the traditional sense) to know where everything is or to be mentally clear. That is, I don't have a calendar/schedule, I don't have a todo list (I have things I need to do, but I don't have to write them down), I don't have books organized according to the Dewey Decimal System, etc.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I mostly try to understand the principles behind the idea, and if that means looking for information that supports it, then I do that. There doesn't have to be pre-existing experiments, studies, research, etc in order for me to assess an idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Definitely by being myself and following my convictions.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually think before I speak, but sometimes I think out loud, or have to say what I'm thinking in order to process it. If thinking out loud helps me to evaluate things more quickly, then I do that. I prefer one-on-one communication if I need to process/assess what's being said. If I'm just gathering information or idly listening, then it doesn't matter which.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I am uncomfortable jumping into something without have a sense of what I'm getting into. Action definitely speaks louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

If I'm not into what's being suggested or think it's a waste of time, then I'll watch the show. Otherwise, I'd go out, as shows can be recorded or watched at another time (re-runs).

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get irritable, jittery, miserable, depressed, a deadness falls over me, and my brain shuts down (I become unable to think clearly).

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Them being annoying, controlling, invasive, judgmental, full of it, dishonest, unethical, two-faced, patronizing, extremely stupid/illogical/irrational, overly needy/sensitive/emotional, etc.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

If it's not something I find boring/uninteresting/irrelevant (politics, gossip, small talk, etc), then I'll enjoy talking about it. I especially like talking about possibilities, new ideas, etc. The more random and detached from present reality (ie, prison), the better.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

Status, fame, power, cleaning, keeping up with the joneses, what others think of me, tradition, conforming. I could also say grooming, fashion, and money, but I pay some attention to those things.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They think I'm quiet and smart. They'd probably never say I'm overly emotional, extroverted, loud, manipulative, etc.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Programming, learning, problem solving, brainstorming, surfing the web, meditation, sports, exercise, etc.

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if you are an ISTP actually. Have you read this?

Socionics Types: SLI-ISTp

Introverted Sensing (Si, Si)

SLIs are typically deeply in tune with the physical experience of their environment. They are very aware of physical sensations that surround them and how they affect them and often seek to surround themselves with pleasant stimuli. Often they gravitate towards nature, eschewing the unsightly morass of industrial society.

SLIs are deeply focused on their personal experiences in the world and are rarely perturbed by insignificant or trivial details that are external to their influence. They often exhibit a sense of outward calmness and do not allow superfluous external demands to interfere with their experience or affect them negatively. They are usually relaxed and sensibly avoid excess speculation, but at times can appear bland, overly narrowly minded, or inaccessible.

The aesthetic ideals of SLIs tend to be a bit eccentric and in some instances are outright bizarre. SLIs are often not concerned with maintaining appearances or upholding the aesthetics of others. They can be rather spartan in their living needs, requiring little luxury as opposed to functional items -- although if they decide an item is necessary, they often do not hesitate to buy the best product possible. They often have very moderate, comfortable dress. They are, however, often proactive in matters pertaining to the functionality of their living conditions. SLIs are stereotypically apt at do-it-yourself mechanical matters. SLIs commonly engage in personal mechanical projects and do not shy away from the use of their own hands.

SLIs often have a very personal and quiet attentiveness to their own well-being and understand the signals that their bodies send them. This does not mean that SLIs are always well versed in medicine or medicinal remedies, but rather that they are attuned and responsive to the natural self-regulatory messages that their bodies send, such as stress, which SLIs do not often appear to suffer from. Nor does this mean that SLIs always make entirely healthy decisions; sometimes the demands of their internal state can outweigh health concerns, such as in the case of a craving for potato chips. It is, however, not uncharacteristic for an SLI to self-correct aspects of their lifestyle in order to improve their physical state. In contrast to types, this is rarely motivated by a forcible desire to improve one's health, but is instead a natural response to an innate understanding of the changes in the SLI's internal physical state. SLIs can communicate their physical experiences and take concern in the health of others, but often tend to be somewhat reclusive in their interests and do not usually spontaneously do so unless requested.

SLIs can be good at mapping out their environment. They have a tendency to explore and pay attention to their surroundings and sometimes naturally know what is located where. Once they've developed a functional lifestyle, they can be hesitant to change it, but they have the ability to exhibit a detailed awareness of where different goods and services can be procured in the surrounding vicinity.

Extroverted Logic (Te, Te)

SLIs are often practical, direct, and formal in their demeanor. Typically SLIs possess a dry, matter-of-fact method of discourse, and value clarity and directness of communication. SLIs generally focus on communicating accurate information and neglect dealing with emotional aspects or motives in conversation.

SLIs are often very pragmatic. They often possess a great deal of practical knowledge, potentially including mechanical knowledge, skill with tools, managing one's finances, technical abilities, historical knowledge, medical/scientific knowledge, or a myriad of other topics. Often SLIs focus extensively on developing practical knowledge that facilitates functional, efficient lifestyles and often take an active role in crafting their own living environments. They enjoy such processes as analyzing and comparing of different goods and services and generally do not delegate such tasks to others, instead preferring to take an active, personal role in their decisions.

SLIs are generally uncomfortable taking no action if their living environment or their immediate surroundings are not operating with a sense of efficiency. An SLI might be inclined to see unnecessary waste of resources (such as energy, water, money, or living space) as an unacceptable circumstance. Some SLIs strive towards a lifestyle in which everything operates smoothly and waste is eliminated. Even SLIs that are not so extreme usually are disposed to acting on their internal concerns, and have a deeply subject-oriented relationship towards effecting tangible and effectual changes to improve or make satisfactory their surrounding environment.

Super-Ego Block

Introverted Intuition (Ni, Ni)

SLIs are capable in the areas of mental abstraction, the use of their imagination, and making sense of patterns and phenomena around them. Usually, however, SLIs do not spend much time in fantasy worlds or inside their own heads, instead preferring to focus on the richness of their physical experience.

SLIs often feel a need to maintain some amount of autonomy over their lifestyles so that they are not bound by others' schedules or demands. They generally dislike hurriedness and prefer to operate on their own terms. They dislike relying on others or on the outcomes of various surrounding events that they have no control of; they instead often prefer to take an active, personal role in projects of importance to them. Many SLIs naturally place greater weight or importance things that they observe in person rather than place extensive focus on secondhand information.

In general, SLIs are less interested in information that is abstract or removed from their experience; they instead focus on what they have experienced or what has affected them directly. In some cases this can lead to overanalysis, misrepresentations of relative importance, and scattered understanding. They are prone to occasionally harbor doubts about the fullness of their mental representations of abstractions, hypotheticals, or situations that they are not directly involved in, which they do not really know how to resolve.

Extroverted Ethics (Fe, Fe)

SLIs are generally somewhat reclusive and fairly emotionally stoic. In situations where they are expected to engage emotionally, they can appear cold, dull, or antagonistic. In many cases they do not see the point of and prefer to avoid such situations as those with loud, rowdy behavior and prefer to subsist in more relaxed environments.

SLIs can be largely oblivious to social conventions. They generally do not try to follow the crowd unless there is some practical reason to do so. They are prone to dislike the spotlight and to prefer to travel on the less beaten path. They are often quite individualistic; they do not naturally seek the approval of others and are mostly self-subsistent in their activities. Much of the time they do not necessarily dislike spending time with others, but are perfectly content to do things that do not require interacting with others and are prone to somewhat neglect the importance of emotionally-based interaction. For this reason they can be perceived as exhibiting antisocial tendencies.

SLIs' are minimally aware of others' emotional responses and tend to speak in straightforward language. Sometimes they can appear aggressive and respond critically on issues in which they hold strong opinions. This can lead to the perception of SLIs as hostile and, on occasion, arrogant or uncompromising. Often, however, SLIs do not act in such a fashion; such aggressiveness is usually limited to issues in which SLIs are very opinionated -- these can include events in which their lifestyle has been threatened, or if something they require is functioning improperly in a way they do not fully understand.

Super-Id Block

Extroverted Intuition (Ne, Ne)

SLIs typically depend most extensively on firsthand experience to learn about things around them. They often seek to be pragmatic individuals who are generally down-to-earth and unaware of hidden meanings. They often do not emphasize unique aspects of their character, instead preferring the background and directing their attention towards the goings-on of their immediate environment.

SLIs can tend towards an overly bland and conservative lifestyle. They often lack spontaneity and may exhibit the sentiment that something is missing and that little in their lives is novel and interesting. They appreciate people who exhibit a well-developed imagination, spontaneity, and new ideas. Such people often broaden the SLI's perspectives and give them a myriad of new experiences to draw upon. They are often recruited as willing collaborators into the constant unusual pursuits of IEEs.

Introverted Ethics (Fi, Fi)

SLIs are usually not focused on and are often unaware of emotional considerations in conversation. They are generally not good at reading people's emotional states and are often not inclined to perceive or speculate about others' underlying emotional states or motivations that are not obvious from their behavior. This can sometimes make them appear uncaring and insensitive.

Some SLIs do not consciously acknowledge the importance of their own emotions, and many try not to allow their emotional states to influence their decisions or pragmatic focuses. Nonetheless, SLIs are not immune to emotional influence, but they often do not realize how strong their emotions can be until they experience them.

SLIs are usually not very gregarious and have difficulty establishing new interpersonal connections. They tend to value established attachments very deeply, but often they are not focused on emotional bonds; instead, their lifestyle leads them towards a path of relatively peaceful seclusion, and they may understate the importance of people in their lives or be disinterested in trying to pursue connections with others.

Though SLIs are usually respectful and good-natured people, they do not always show this side of themselves. Depending on circumstances they can appear self-righteous and stubborn. This most commonly happens when they perceive that someone is behaving in an obviously insincere manner or hindering their goals or their lifestyle.

Id Block

Extroverted Sensing (Se, Se)

SLIs are not usually extensively focused on power politics or hierarchies, exercising control over others, or outwardly flaunting their status or strength. They usually regard such matters with utter disinterest, and may feel bothered by environments where such expressions of power are the norm.

SLIs tend to be very placid and demonstrate their aggression on infrequent basis. Usually this aggression is not spontaneous or pent-up, but rather a response to something or someone in their environment that is violating their expectations or causing damage to the immediate environment, such as a malfunctioning piece of equipment or a person who is carelessly interfering with existing resources. Mostly, however, SLIs are fairly laid-back and accepting of events around them. SLIs may feel a need to control their living environment with a fair amount of autonomy, but rarely are inclined to exert control over others with whom they interact.

Introverted Logic (Ti, Ti)

SLIs often like to philosophize and analyze life, but they use logical categories situationally rather than searching for a single cohesive structure for understanding the world. They tend to feel that life is difficult to categorize and should simply be experienced for what it is. Often the information that they focus on is loosely structured and instead falls within such disciplines as the realm of current events, science, practical knowledge, or the SLI's field of expertise.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed. ISTP. Thank you for providing the information. A different answer was reached do to the information given, that shed light.