• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do I use Fe or Fi?

Dox

MBTI Type
????
I'm having trouble knowing which I use..

Why I think I use Fe:

-My mood is rather easily affected by people I'm close to

-I use common courtesy words like "thanks" and "sorry" because I want people to view me as considerate (although I probably am not)

-In front of people, I can hardly hold back my true feelings at all. Even when I try to control it, my emotions show on my face.

Why I think I use Fi:

-I'm really bad at making people feel good. I have this ability to make them feel really awkward. When people talk to me about their problems I get really awkward and try to hug or pat them or try to relate to them from my own experience. I guess I also offer ways to see their situation from different perspectives (Is this my Ne?).

-I don't really consider other people's emotions when I'm making a decision, I usually only consider how it would affect me. It's probably selfish.

To be honest, I don't understand Fi a lot. Could someone please describe Fi too?

Thanks for reading.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
But you're definitely a feeler?

I'll come back in the morning, hopefully to a few more posts to work with.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
Definitely. I know I'm not a thinker.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Your style and avatar seem kind of... INTP. I'll sleep on it. :wink:

Dox

MBTI Type
????
Your style and avatar seem kind of... INTP. I'll sleep on it. :wink:

A handful of people have commented on my avatar.
Am I doing the whole avatar thing right? :p

Dox

MBTI Type
????
What you listed are signs of neither Fi or Fe.

I am aware that my perception of Fe and Fi may be skewed.

Could you please enlighten me of how Fe and Fi are, then?

Rampant

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would agree that those aren't good indicators.

Have you taken a test?

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I'm having trouble knowing which I use..

Why I think I use Fe:

-My mood is rather easily affected by people I'm close to

-I use common courtesy words like "thanks" and "sorry" because I want people to view me as considerate (although I probably am not)

-In front of people, I can hardly hold back my true feelings at all. Even when I try to control it, my emotions show on my face.

Why I think I use Fi:

-I'm really bad at making people feel good. I have this ability to make them feel really awkward. When people talk to me about their problems I get really awkward and try to hug or pat them or try to relate to them from my own experience. I guess I also offer ways to see their situation from different perspectives (Is this my Ne?).

-I don't really consider other people's emotions when I'm making a decision, I usually only consider how it would affect me. It's probably selfish.

To be honest, I don't understand Fi a lot. Could someone please describe Fi too?

Thanks for reading.

I'm getting an INTJ vibe from you.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read the 1st post and NTP popped into my mind.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you develop a sense of right and wrong? How do you think in terms of morals and ethics? That can tell you something about Fe vs. Fi.

I'll have to say though, that I can also find Fi vs. Fe confusing because of talking, reading, and observing almost too much about it. There can be a lot of overlap and intertwining of the two. I suspect there are very few people in the world who only use one or the other.

I'm not sure why but in the OP the assumptions about Fe sound more positive than the assumptions about Fi. From what I understand Fi has stronger personal boundaries (you do your thing, I'll do mine), but stronger underlying values. Fi has more of a tendency to have a few universal, core values, but beyond that it allows greater freedom between individuals. Fi would tend to assume each individual has the right answers deep inside and to allow space for each to find it. Fi will sacrifice external connections for internal peace. Fi will accept a wide range of morality between individuals, but will perhaps assume the core value of preserving the individual?

Fe tends to assume we need each other for advice and so will both seek and provide advice and support. Fe will sacrifice more personally for external harmony. Fe can allow for a wide range of morality between cultures, but will perhaps see a wide range of behaviors as acceptable as long as they maintain social harmony.

I tend to relate to both Fi and Fe (I sacrifice too much for external harmony, but value personal space allowing each individual to be the expert of their own life), so I don't suspect there is a rigid boundary between the two. They are equivalent in terms of how "moral" or "nice" a person can be. Fi isn't cold and Fe warm, it is just more about choosing internal vs. external harmony when backed into a corner where one must choose between the two.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fi makes decisions on deep personal values independent morals, values, and individual concerns. Fe does what's best for the group or society, they can have their own values, they will just consider people more broadly than Fi and consider social norms when making decisions.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
I would agree that those aren't good indicators.

Have you taken a test?

A cognitive function test? Yes. I usually get more Fe than Fi

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting an INTJ vibe from you.

I know it's just a vibe, but I'm definitely not an INTJ. I don't feel I use Ni.

- - - Updated - - -

Dox

MBTI Type
????
How do you develop a sense of right and wrong? How do you think in terms of morals and ethics? That can tell you something about Fe vs. Fi.

I'll have to say though, that I can also find Fi vs. Fe confusing because of talking, reading, and observing almost too much about it. There can be a lot of overlap and intertwining of the two. I suspect there are very few people in the world who only use one or the other.

I'm not sure why but in the OP the assumptions about Fe sound more positive than the assumptions about Fi. From what I understand Fi has stronger personal boundaries (you do your thing, I'll do mine), but stronger underlying values. Fi has more of a tendency to have a few universal, core values, but beyond that it allows greater freedom between individuals. Fi would tend to assume each individual has the right answers deep inside and to allow space for each to find it. Fi will sacrifice external connections for internal peace. Fi will accept a wide range of morality between individuals, but will perhaps assume the core value of preserving the individual?

Fe tends to assume we need each other for advice and so will both seek and provide advice and support. Fe will sacrifice more personally for external harmony. Fe can allow for a wide range of morality between cultures, but will perhaps see a wide range of behaviors as acceptable as long as they maintain social harmony.

I tend to relate to both Fi and Fe (I sacrifice too much for external harmony, but value personal space allowing each individual to be the expert of their own life), so I don't suspect there is a rigid boundary between the two. They are equivalent in terms of how "moral" or "nice" a person can be. Fi isn't cold and Fe warm, it is just more about choosing internal vs. external harmony when backed into a corner where one must choose between the two.

I can value both.. Sigh, I still can't decide which I use. But thanks for the description a lot, (did you write it yourself?) I will think and maybe I'll understand it more later on when I'm feeling less tired. :)

Dox

MBTI Type
????
Fi makes decisions on deep personal values independent morals, values, and individual concerns. Fe does what's best for the group or society, they can have their own values, they will just consider people more broadly than Fi and consider social norms when making decisions.

I can consider social norms when my parents force me to (that job would not be respected; that job is too unconventional), but I usually make decisions based on what I want. I don't think I'd enjoy my job if I had to constantly match it up to what society wants.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
..Yep, another vibe thing. I'm not sure if I'm a thinker. But thanks anyway.

Hey, I used to avoid vibe typing but apparently it's a good method, according to some typoC members.

Sorry.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just based on the title, there's very little chance that Fe is used and Fi not used, or vice versa.