• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type 4 or 9?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I know, I hate to be starting a thread here. Keep in mind, though, that I'm not asking you to type me. I'm just asking for a bit of help clarifying something for myself. I have always identified as a 4w3, but more than a few forum members have suggested 9w1. I know my tritype consists of 4, 7, and 9, in whatever order. But anyways, I can relate to a lot of both the 4 and 9 descriptions. Here's a little information about me.

-I want to say this in the least snowflakey way possible: I am different. In childhood, I just felt wrong and out of place. I would despair about wanting to be normal like everyone else, but as I matured, I realized that my uniqueness is a strength. It's become something I pride myself in. When someone calls me "weird," I swell with happiness.
-I am highly self-aware. People have even commented on this. If I'm not careful, though, I can become self-absorbed. In earlier days, people accused me of "dancing with pain" and not leaving my head, letting things fester.
-I work very poorly in stressful situations.
-Even those who know absolutely nothing about typology say that I'm a feeler and a dreamer.
-I hate conflict. I do one (or more) of the following when faced with it: physically close my eyes and cover my ears, beg everyone to stop fighting, or zone out and tell myself "it's just life" over and over. (Somehow saying that helps.)
-Self-assertiveness is not my strong point.
-I hate money. For some reason, it makes me anxious. I'm extremely meticulous with my savings (interestingly like my ISTJ dad in this respect). When I do make a purchase, which isn't often, I just pretend I didn't see the price tag.
-I'm not a risk-taker or thrill-seeker by any means. I am fine with new places if I'm with familiar people, or to a lesser extent, new people in familiar places--but the combination of new people and new places is too much for me. I was a cautious child and didn't walk or ride a bike until slightly later than others my age. (I seem to differ from other ExxPs in this way.)
-People have accused me of being passive-aggressive.
-I tire of the same-old, same-old. Sometimes I wonder if one day we'll squeeze all the ideas out of the universe, and everything will be bland for the rest of eternity.
-I have a very dramatic and flamboyant flair that is usually released around my closest circle.
-In work, assignments, or tasks, I do everything I can to inject some self-expression in there somewhere.
-I've always been very easygoing, and I often got the short straw of things when I was younger (middle child as well). I guess I've made up for a little as I got older; I can be extremely stubborn when I have to.
-I'm extremely lazy, procrastinating, and inactive. I seem to enjoy sitting down more than most people my age. I always hated PE in school; my best memories of that class were taking naps up against the wall, reading books, playing on my phone, or otherwise not moving.
-I'm usually very compliant, but when somebody says something that I know is wrong, or that is outright mean, I am very firm in telling them that their statement was not okay. However, doing this is very exhausting for me, and I often have to take a cry break afterwards.
-I have trouble making decisions. It's hard for me even to decide what leisure activity I'm going to do or what cereal I'm going to eat.
-Throughout my life, I have alternated between being very gentle, easygoing, and quiet, and enthusiastic, expressive, and a bit rebellious.
-I've always wanted to start rebellions and overthrow authority and hierarchy, but I cry when I get in trouble. :huh:
-I was always told in school that I wore my heart on my sleeve.

Feel free to ask me further questions if it seems necessary. Thanks for bearing with me. :)

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd say 4w3 fits you well! I really think you might be INFP though. An ENFP would be excited by new places and people, but you said they overwhelm you. If you should change anything, it should be that little e in your tyoing to an i ;p

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
What made forum members suggest 9w1?

Not quite sure. [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] have suggested it, to name a few. Maybe from 9-ish forum behavior.

aanule

MBTI Type
ENFP
This all sounds nine-ish to me.

-I'm extremely lazy, procrastinating, and inactive. I seem to enjoy sitting down more than most people my age. I always hated PE in school; my best memories of that class were taking naps up against the wall, reading books, playing on my phone, or otherwise not moving.
-I'm usually very compliant, but when somebody says something that I know is wrong, or that is outright mean, I am very firm in telling them that their statement was not okay. However, doing this is very exhausting for me, and I often have to take a cry break afterwards.
-I have trouble making decisions. It's hard for me even to decide what leisure activity I'm going to do or what cereal I'm going to eat

And I'm not sure if these are nine traits, but I definitely share them with you.

-Throughout my life, I have alternated between being very gentle, easygoing, and quiet, and enthusiastic, expressive, and a bit rebellious.
-I've always wanted to start rebellions and overthrow authority and hierarchy, but I cry when I get in trouble.