• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Frustration. . .

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
I haven't had the chance to read any books written only by him yet, but I didn't know that. When I get the time I'd like to read more about him rather than the quick summaries of information covered in classes. It makes me wonder that while it's in the back of his book because he considered it the least important, if it was something he was going to consider working on developing, because just the fact that it's in his book shows it had some importance.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=25424]Sunflower_Moon[/MENTION] here's my assessment of your type.

3.*Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?

It depends on the situation. If it's something I have experience with in the past, then I rely on that to help me make my decisions, which helps me make decisions fast(er) than I normally would. If it's a new concept, no, I like to think about it for a while, consider the different options and possible outcomes. With the new concepts, I'll actually try to find information about it if it's an important issue that could result in any type of bodily harm, health effects, death, etc. so that I won't hurt myself or anyone else. However, for ethical or opinion-related, or less important types of decisions that isn't about life or death, safety, etc., again, I like to think about it for a while because I always consider what is equal for everyone (including myself) and how my decision will impact others.
Seems F.

4.*Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?

Absolutely!! I can do this even all the way back to an experience I had when I was two years old, but I'm able to do this for actually any age. I feel that sometimes I can also somehow apply this to time periods from before I was born and somehow have great interest in, such as the 60's and 70's...I'm not into drugs, but I love music from that era, understand the general feel and attitude of the era, I can relate to people from that time, and I liked the healthy aspects of that era (most of the era wasn't healthy, I admit) such as the shift in focus to equality, freedom, love, peace, but at the same time, I'm not a hippie (and while I think about these type of topics a lot and imagine how the world would be different if these were possible, I know that it won't actually happen). My favorite music is from that era...I LOVE the meaning behind the songs that promoted the aspects I mentioned above, and I loved how they used music and the lyrics for protesting...lyrics and music had more substance (I like meaning).
Seems F.

6.*When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too)

Generally, I critique the idea or point because I feel that even fiction can make people think, and it may have effect on people. I love movies that are emotional, stories of overcoming the odds, historical fiction, movies that that some moral or message they're trying to get across (such as how the Native Americans were treated). I like when they really try to feel like you're experiencing the movie, feel empathy and/or sympathy for the characters, and still impact me or make me think after the movie is over. For example, when I watched Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, or even Dances With Wolves, I felt like I could experience the movies as they were happening because they were done so well. I'd cry, jump, get angry, etc., or if someone got injured, I'd jump and grab that part of my body, or cover my face and look away (I do that with any movie). But when those movies were over, it made me want to learn about how Native Americans were treated in that time (I know Dances with Wolves was fiction, but it stimulated my interest). That's what a lot of people don't understand about me. Many will say I'm very intelligent and seem to know everything (I don't), etc., but it's because something really emotional sparks the interest for me to learn about them...usually something about the human condition, inequality, injustice, etc. If a movie stimulates that response in me, their point was very successful. I generally don't critique the details of the film though.
Seems F.

7.*When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.

Absolutely. Sometimes they've changed my point of view, or modified it, but not against my will where I felt they manipulated me. I generally don't like debates, though I've found myself in them plenty of times (even though I'm not argumentative) because either the person was rude, hostile, name-called and insulted, and/or invalidating toward me and/or others and showed little to no tolerance toward my or another person's point of view. I don't feel everyone has to believe the same, but I do not feel it's okay for one to force their view on another and dehumanize them to the point they can be so insulting, hostile, mean, invalidating, etc. to the other. At least agree to disagree and be repectful. It isn't the issue that will make me argue, but rather how tolerant and respectful the person is toward others. The biggest example of this is any religious discussion that turns into a debate where one tries to force his/her religion on another and invalidates the other person's religion and dehumanizes and attacks them when they refuse to convert. I feel, to each their own because some topics (such as religion) are subjective or is a matter of cultural beliefs, etc. with no way to really prove if it's real or not. Even if it's real, I feel it's important that even though someone else may be wrong, it's a matter of being respectful and a good person, and keeping peace, to respect the other person.
Seems FJ.

12.*In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?

Yes, I help people when I notice, but usually they would come to me and ask for help since I'm horrible at initiating conversations. It has to be a really good day for me, or an established friendship I trust, for me to initiate conversation. I don't do it to make myself feel better, I just want them to learn the material so they can understand and do well. . .and also because the material being learned is crucial since it will impact the lives of others when that student/friend will one day be a licensed mental health counselor. At the same time, the person will be really annoying to me (yet I'll still help. . .most of the time) if they're asking me a million questions (especially during a lecture) that shows that the reason they don't understand is because they didn't do any studying at all and don't pay attention in class.
Seems FJ.

18.*How do you evaluate people in general?

I evaluate people by how they treat me and others. I don't care about how they look, their interests (as long as they aren't hurting anyone or themselves), their sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religion, gender, age, etc. I care about whether or not they're a good person and how they treat others. Otherwise, I can get along with almost everyone as long as they're respectful, empathetic, caring, considerate, etc.
Seems FJ.

I feel that I'm much more focused on equality and consideration of others to the point I've been called too idealistic.
Seems FJ.

When I see a funeral procession while driving, I end up crying or getting very teary eyed. If I see a bad accident, I feel anxiety, fear, a lot of worry, I feel sick to my stomach and want to cry, but end up saying a prayer hoping they will be okay.
Seems FJ.

23.blessWhat do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?

Weaknesses...I can't initiate conversations, I'm not as good verbally as I am writing. I'm too hard on myself. I have a big heart and value my empathy and not being afraid to express my feelings. I like caring about others and adhering to my morals, values, etc. (morals, equality, etc.). I like having a good memory, and my ability to overcome my struggles. Another weakness...most of what I write isn't short—it seems like I can write a book about anything. Maybe that's a neutral trait.
Seems I.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Both. First I like to understand the principles behind it and learn about it, but then I look for information to see if that idea can be supported. That's for ideas pertaining to tasks and things I must accomplish in the real world (assignments in class, or professional, or if it has to do with health, etc.). Ideas that I get, such as when I think about life, the human condition, injustices, how the world an be improved...the more abstract concepts, opinions, etc., I tend to allow myself to be at least entertained by them and develop them first, and I may write my opinion about them and share them with others in a blog if I can find information to support it. Sometimes my ideas are too idealistic, but I'm aware of it and don't expect them to come true. These are more for entertaining myself, meditating, etc., but I would by no means say that they could definitely come true, etc.
Seems NF.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm jumping before I'm leaping because I feel if a decision is made too quickly, it leaves too much room for mistakes. I feel that action and words mean a lot, but people should practice what they preach. If they don't have the resources (money, etc.) to put their ideas and beliefs to action, then their words do count because not everyone has the opportunity to turn ideas and beliefs into action. I'd at least like to know their heart is in the right place, but they can at least show it through their character and how they treat others.
Seems FJ.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yes. I like talking about ideas, even if they're idealistic. . .all ideas serve a purpose. Even if they are idealistic, I can at least tell if their heart is in the right place and what they value, morals, etc. by those ideas. I also like talking about current events, psychology and philosophy, health and medicine, equality/inequality, injustice, the human condition, politics, the issues in the world, science, religion and spirituality, plans for the future, life stories and struggles, the environment, nutrition, etc.
Seems N.

2. Why is it a problem if people don't discipline their children enough?

What I meant by people who don't discipline their children enough bugging me, is that it seems like there's a lot more children nowadays who have a sense of entitlement, run the house even though they don't pay the bills, their manners aren't as good as older generations, they get and do what they want, they think the world revolves around them, they don't seem to handle stress and problems as well as older generations (such as school shootings and suicides in response to bullying), they aren't as respectful of their elders, they're more materialistic, etc. I'm not saying this is all children, but it seems like there's more of them. I'm also not saying that the old way is the only correct way either and that I don't like new things. I like to just keep what works and is best for everyone, seems most moral, ethical, thinks about others, etc. The older generations had their problems too, such as segregation, slavery, how Native Americans were treated, etc. I have no problem with seeing both the good and the bad of each generation, and I definitely agree that the negative things in history need to be learned from and changed, but not the good, such as manners and focusing on helping others, or at least respect and consideration for others, working for and earning what they want rather than it to be handed to them, etc. If people don't discipline their children enough (I'm not talking about beating them or anything like that, but just teaching them right from wrong, holding them responsible for their actions, etc. in some way), they seem to grow up with a combination of the negative traits I listed and don't seem to know how to relate to others or think of others as well because they still think they're the center of the universe. One person I know was raised like this ended up becoming what could be thought of as a sociopath that has no interpersonal relationships outside of the family, he controls the house like a dictator, has been in a lot of legal trouble in the past, disrespectful of others in their home when he's a guest, etc. Discipline teaches healthy boundaries, respect, empathy for others, and helps people to get along and have healthy relationships. People don't have to be the same and conform to everything in society, but it seems like there's a problem when they grow up to have so many problems and they're unhappy.
Seems FJ.

8. Tell us more about developing your abstract concepts.

An example of how I develop abstract concepts...difficult. A lot of the time it's a problem I see in the world or society, and then I go into my mind and think of tons of ideas of how things should be, how it would impact the world and make it much different, friendlier, empathetic, etc. (I'm aware this is purely idealistic). I also like to take existing concepts and find what I find are weaknesses in them, and think of how I'd do them differently if I like the general concept overall...such as psychology theories. This is probably the hardest question for me to elaborate on and can't fully explain. I like to come up with my own theories, but based around problems I see in the world, come up with ideas for solutions. Usually it can also happen when I become aware of a problem or paid particular attention to one (or an article) recently, and then I think about it in my head, consider how things got that way to begin with, and where to go from there. My ideas usually focus around helping people, improving something, a new idea completely, people-centered, environment-centered, and may sometimes start with "If I could do anything to change things", or I'd think of how I'd want things to be for people, the world. I'm really at a loss for how to explain this, I'm sorry I always think of others, but I don't forget about myself (I used to think of others and put people before myself all the time and learned that wasn't healthy), and most of this stuff is thought about in my mind shutting most of the world out (sort of like a type of meditation...it's relaxing), but starts with some type of existing problem or issue happening in the world. I imagine how the people, or whatever the focus is, felt, the impact it has on them, their families, world, environment, etc...whichever of those categories applies.
Seems NFJ.

9. Would it be a bad thing if you didn't tell them something that could help them?

Yes, I feel it could be a bad thing not to tell them something or warn them of something that could happen to them because I don't want them to get hurt in some way. It comes from a place of caring, love, and/or experience. I feel if I don't tell them that I'm intentionally withholding information from them, and if the bad thing happened, I'd feel guilty. It's like this...if you had the knowledge of how to fly a plane that's going to crash because the pilot is unconscious for some reason, wouldn't you feel obligated to step in and help so that everyone doesn't get hurt or killed? Another situation would be if someone is in need of CPR and you were the only one there who knew CPR. Or if someone is allergic to a food, but they really want a particular food that they don't realize contains the ingredient. It isn't that I want to come off as a know-it-all, it's just that I feel obligated to tell or warn someone if I know it can hurt them physically, financially, legally (someone I know wants to do something extremely risky that they told me about recently, and I keep trying to talk them out of it because they'll have a great chance of being caught and get significant prison time, but they're dismissive of me because they don't believe me and want to do it...and this isn't a matter of me jumping to conclusions or catastrophizing to them, it's a real possibility), psychologically, relationship-wise, etc. I'm not extra cautious, where I think every little thing is dangerous, but I'm thinking in a way it's just a clash in personalities.
Seems FJ.

2. Is it ok to be flexible with your opinions in order to get along in a group?

It depends on the topic and if it has to do with concrete facts. If it doesn't have to do with concrete facts, and it doesn't go against my morals, etc., then yes, I'm flexible most of the time. If it's a group, then it isn't right for one to dominate the entire group if they're supposed to work together as a team cooperatively. I can't always have what I want, and what I think is right may not always be right. If the group doesn't get along and everyone is battling each other, then it won't work efficiently. The better people get along, the harder and longer they may work. My answer, in general, is yes, because I don't always have all of the answers and everyone's ideas and opinions are valid.
Seems FJ.

3. How important is it to be aware of the emotional mood in a group?

VERY important. Just as I mentioned in my answer above, this will depend how efficiently the group works. I can usually feel the emotion/mood of the group though. If I feel there's even slight tension, I may tense up a little or be more quiet, and if the group is getting along really well, there's a looseness that I can feel, and I feel relaxed physically and mentally, and even join in and have a sense of humor more. But it's important to be aware of the mood of the group at all times so that it's possible to understand what is and isn't working and to change (such as agreeing to disagree and then focus on another topic) it before everything goes downhill (less cooperation, arguing, etc.).
Seems FJ.

4. You have been given the "Most important person in the world" award. What did you do to deserve the honour?

Found the solution to and was successful with bringing peace and unity between the different religions, races, countries, socioeconomic statuses, etc. . . .brought true equality to people.
Seems FJ.

5. You are at a social event where you notice that one of the people is acting out. Does this bother you? Do you feel the urge to do anything? Why or why not?

This will definitely bother me and make me feel tense, somewhat fearful. If it gets too bad, I may shake a little on the inside and want to leave. This is because I don't like to be around violence or to feel unsafe. If it's just verbal and isn't shouting on top of the lungs, and it's about someone insulting another person for a reason that goes against my morals and beliefs (race, etc.), I will try to say something. I know I won't change that person's beliefs, but I'd be most likely to console the other person and make sure they don't believe the things the other person said. They'll have the right to their feelings of hurt, anger, and frustration by what was said to and about them, but I would listen to what they had to say, I wouldn't force any advice, but I'd let them know how I personally felt about them (positive things), and let them know that the other person's behavior was inappropriate and wrong. Then I'd just stay with the person because what usually happens is they end up slowly feeling better and talking about other things. I wouldn't get too argumentative toward the one acting out though because my own behavior could only escalate the situation into something much worse. If the one acting out was a friend, I may try talking to them in private another day about their behavior.
Seems FJ.

8. Is it important to be able to influence people?

Sort of. I don't like the idea of it in one way because it sounds like manipulation, but if I'm studying to become a therapist and I have specific goals to help people, then influencing people will automatically be a part of it. I wouldn't influence people in the negative way, which I would call manipulation, however, I think it's important to influence (or encourage) people in positive ways, such as giving up an addiction to a substance. If it's to help and comes from a place of love, then yes, it can be important to influence (encourage and guide) people.
Seems FJ.

9. What would be a really good way for you to affect other people in general?

Being honest, humble, empathetic, caring, dependable, loyal, helping others, letting them know who I am inside and that I don't feel superior to them, and that I view them as equals, let them know I believe in them and their potential, be a good listener, and praise them for good things they say or do. Another way is to have a good sense of humor. . .people seem to loosen up and love humor.
Seems FJ.

3. What activity most energizes you when you are alone and recharging?

The activity that recharges me the most..actually a few. Singing, practicing guitar, writing, meditating. . .usually something creative. Singing, of all of them, is my life. . .even though I can't do it really well yet (getting lessons soon), it's still something that I feel has always been me. I LOVE music and expressing myself through it, the meaning in the lyrics, emotion, etc.
Seems I.

I am typing you as INFJ.

You definitely have a preference of F over T. Some of your responses show your strong feelings about your values and they can seem like the responses of an FP type, but any type can have their own personal values that they have strong feelings about.

What makes your Fe obvious is your focus on other people and the group harmony that affects them. You have a strong interest in helping, encouraging and guiding others, to the extent that it almost seems like an obligation. Even your ideas revolve around helping others. When you judge someone you do it based on how that person treats other people around them. Group harmony is important to you, to the extent that you are willing to step in and take steps to maintain it, if it is being disrupted. Knowing the emotional state of the group is important to you, again in the interests of maintaining the harmony. You expect people to have manners, consideration and caring for others, and to keep the peace, again to preserve group harmony. Another indication of your Fe is the way that you are strongly affected by the emotions of others.

You have a preference for N over S. One of the things indicating this is your interest in discussing abstract topics. More importantly you also enjoy coming up with your own theories and ideas, some of which can be idealistic.

You have a preference for I over E. This is indicated by your being most energized by activities that you do alone and do not involve Fe. Another indication of introversion is that you express yourself much better in writing rather than verbally. For your information introversion vs extraversion in typology has more to do with which function is dominant rather than whether or not you like being around people.

I hope this helps you in deciding your personality type. Good luck in your people-helping career.

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Thank you :) It really does help, and I appreciate the time you've been taking to help me! I've been thinking a lot about personality traits and other things about me over the last several days that stand out. There's one major area I read is most common with INFJ, but I wasn't certain because I thought I could possibly have been an INFP. That is with the strength of the ability to feel empathy and that area. I do not call myself a psychic, and I don't like saying much about some experiences I've had in the past because people tend to roll their eyes with anything that sounds like that. I don't think I'm psychic. . .I can't predict world events, etc. I feel it's more of a collective conscious or something I sense about the people I love or are really important to me in some way. For example, I have been a lucid dreamer for a long time...love those dreams. But then some of those dreams (felt really real to the point after I woke up, they'd haunt me to the point they felt they had happened) started coming true in 2004. My husband submitted an application at his university to study abroad, but they were only choosing a certain number out of about 100 students. One night I had a dream that he had gotten chosen, and then also dreamed of the colors of gifts he'd bring back (pink). It wasn't long after that he found out that he was chosen to go to Italy for a semester to study, and the gifts were pink that he brought back (I'm not the most fond of that color now for some reason).

After that, it seems the dreams took a sad, darker turn, and I started dreaming about family members and one other that would die. For a while, after that, I would get scared if someone called me at night (8 or 9pm) because I thought my grandfather died. It was within a year or two he died, and I got the call at night. There was someone else who died that I didn't know personally, but I was watching an autopsy one night on youtube (it was meant to strengthen my stomach because I have a very weak stomach for those things, and I was strongly considering medical school back then), but when I watched it, I ended up seeing flashes of the person on the autopsy table. That person died months later. I also had a dream about the dog I grew up with dying...she died soon after. My paternal grandmother started believing me about those things, as well as some other family members (they thought it was eerie), and she asked me if I had any dreams about my grandfather (not the first one that I mentioned had died). My second grandfather came in from a walk one day not feeling well, and I knew that he was a "grin and bear it" type. His personality was different, and he wasn't "grinning and bearing it". I really felt that he was having a heart attack, but couldn't tell my grandmother because I knew she'd panic since she was a 1950's housewife that didn't work, raised kids, and depended on my grandfather for most of her life, and she is someone who gets upset easily. I didn't want to scare her and end up with her having any problems, so I downplayed it and told her that maybe we should just get him to the hospital to get checked out (said it was most likely nothing, or perhaps heat exhaustion, though I knew it was a heart attack). I gave him a Bayer and an ambulance was called. He flat-lined in the ambulance, but the doctors said the Bayer is what saved him and was able to revive him. I knew his doctor was bad somehow and had the cardiologist change, etc. Changing his cardiologist saved his life for a second time that year because the one cardiologist put the wrong type of pacemaker in my grandfather, and he also needed an internal defibrillator. Besides my grandmother, I'm the only one that didn't dismiss him as a person the last three years he was ill before he died. After all he had done for me, I couldn't do that to him. Others thought he had Alzheimer's, but I knew he didn't...I don't know how to explain it, but he was still very much "there". I was the closest person to him other than my grandmother, by far, so I "knew" him. I made sure to tell him that I knew he wasn't losing his mind, etc., and would have long conversations with him up until he wasn't able to anymore. I eventually had a dream about my grandfather dying, and he died.

I had one dream about having a baby (haven't had it yet) that was so lucid and strong that I can still remember it clearly. I remember the pregnancy and birth in the dream, but mostly the baby afterward. Big brown eyes, brown hair, creamy complexion, and he smiled all the time, and he smelled like baby powder. The weird thing is that after I woke up, and if I think about it I still can, smell that baby powder and the weight of him as I held him. I have no idea if it'll come true. I've never easily accepted these things, but noticed them, because I don't believe in these type of abilities myself, but I do believe in empathy/empaths. I think I have a strong feeling or ability to empathize with others, absorb their emotions or the general energy. Two examples are funeral processions and accidents. Whenever I see a funeral procession passing while I'm driving, I end up tearing up and/or crying for no reason, even if I was happy minutes ago. With accidents, if I see one on the side of the road, especially a bad one, I get a weird feeling in me...sick to my stomach, sad, imagine their pain, I strongly feel like crying (have in the past), etc., and say a prayer that they're going to be okay. I had to go to a meeting the other night for a paper I need to write for a class I'm taking, and the meeting was a support group. I felt ad for all of them, but there was one who seemed more withdrawn, and then she suddenly chose to share an experience she had. She was having a hard time and starting to cry, and I felt I could feel what she was feeling and started tearing up a little, but I was able to control it. . .I almost always can face-to-face.

These things are generally hard for me to tell people because they make me sound crazy and it feels like I lose credibility, so I'm usually careful when talking about them. I can't predict what's going to happen in any particular place next week, identify someone's dead relative, tell someone what their career will be and how many children they'll have, etc...all of those things with psychic readings, I can't do. I like to comment on news articles I read (but I don't troll), and this is one that I posted yesterday regarding the shooter in South Carolina:

What's extremely disturbing is that he sat in Bible study with the people before he attacked. That gave him time to get to know a bit about people, humanize them, have some type of identity and face to the victims, hear some of their opinions during the study, he experienced their kindness and acceptance, their love. Then he turned around and did this. If you can look into the eyes of someone, or listen to them, or be in their presence and not be able to feel anything at all for that person and be able to kill them soon after, there's something majorly wrong. Just sick. I really hope that they don't go light on him, and if he gets life in prison, I hope they don't consider parole.

When I wrote this, I was placing myself in that Bible study (strongly imagining it) like watching a movie. Imagining all of the people in the group together reading over scripture, being really kind, welcoming, warm, speaking with one another and the suspect, possibly even inviting him back, and just thinking about the plan he had in his head and then carrying it out made me sick (not literally).

Overall, these types of things made me think I was more like an INFJ than an INFP, but I was really confused, and probably anyone could feel things like this if they listened. One thing I don't do, however, is play with the idea of contacting spirits, ghosts, etc. I think they can possibly exist, but I don't want to open a can of worms I may not be able to close. I won't even entertain the idea. . .it freaks me out so much that I can't even watch horror movies that deal with spirits, ghosts, etc.

Thank you so much for all of your help! I'm sorry for all of the long answers and reading that you did, but I really appreciate it!! :)

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you so much for all of your help! I'm sorry for all of the long answers and reading that you did, but I really appreciate it!! :)
You are quite welcome. :)

I'd just like to point out that being "psychic" is not something that is associated with any personality type. From reading the forums I'm aware that some INFJ's think of themselves as psychic but I don't buy into that. Knowing things before they happen is not included in any of the cognitive functions. I think the reason some people think that this is the case is because Ni which is your dominant function is difficult to explain (since it's internal), so you'll see all sorts "psychic" type claims made for it.
Some of your experiences in precognition could be explained by some of those intuitive ("intuitive" as used in the general population, not typology) flashes or hunches that people get and just know something that they would not expect to. It can be based the person having processed information subconsciously so that he is not aware of it consciously. I expect this can happen to anyone, not any one personality type. Some people don't have faith in these things (since they can be wrong too) so they don't pay attention to them, others will focus on them and remember them. I'm not trying to dismiss your experiences, just putting an alternate explanation out there, since it's not possible to prove these things either way.

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION] I completely agree with you, and I've always felt that way for the way you explained it. The only difference is that I've read things about INFJ's being able to do it the most. I don't believe in psychics...the ones that claim to be psychics and can supposedly tell any person about themselves in the future, etc....most of that is done by cold readings, which is different. Many "psychics"ask a bunch of questions until they get a bite. People pay attention to only the correct answers instead of all of the wrong ones before reaching the correct one.

That's why I couldn't describe myself as psychic because I notice the strongest experiences I've had only pertained to people I know or have a great admiration for. I can't see what will happen to every little stranger I meet, etc. However, I knew something weird was going on, but couldn't explain it.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
[MENTION=25424]Sunflower_Moon[/MENTION], from reading this thread and your intro thread, I think your preference is INFJ. Everyone is balanced in different ways and facets, and the questions about your type originate from these. You also seem to be a very nice and likable person. :) I too have had many of those experiences where I knew things... somehow. :thinking:

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Aww, thank you :) I think part of my problem deciding between INFJ and INFP may also be not only because I felt I had similarities, but consider how much I've changed over time, the reasons before them, and how I was before naturally, and if I ever have any tendencies to automatically or accidentally slip back into those patterns, or catch myself off-guard. It's true that we are balanced differently and go back and forth on those scales over time depending on what obstacles we're faced with, etc. I just wanted to make sure that my type was really my type :D

Rez

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
5w4
I had INFP five years ago then retyped much later got INTP. Now, I did it again five years later, It said ENFP and then minutes later took another test INFJ. It is frustrating. I have changed a lot. I have balanced out my extroverted side. I can talk to anyone and talk in front of people including on a stage albeit not too well because my voice sounds shaky. I don't know what type I am now.