• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yet Another Untyped in the Forum; Please Help! (Questionnaire Included)

EmeraldGem98

Hi, I've been trying to determine my type for quite a while, but every time I believe I've found a solution to my question; I usually end up questioning due to its inaccuracies until I try to type myself again. Due to my past failed attempts, I am now reaching out for help here. It'd be greatly appreciated if you could help as the question of which type I am annoyingly keeps popping back up in my brain. Here's my questionnaire:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
First of all, I face the biggest conundrum over whether I am a Thinker or a Feeler. I can be emotional at times and can appreciate their use, but I find the whole idea of being an emotionally led person quite disconcerting and would rather distance myself away from strong outwardly emotions. With that being said, I do sometimes experience strong inward emotions and enjoy harmony, but I have always dealt more towards logistics and have not placed emotions as a big factor in my life. Also, I am confused whether I am a Si or Se user. While I do enjoy looking over happy memories and love history, I love new experiences and am very curious about what the world has to offer me.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I mainly just yearn for being content. I want to be content with myself, with my intellect, with my job, with my life overall. I just want to be content knowing that I've done everything I want to and that I've become the best version of me that I can be and that I'm not missing any opportunities that could benefit my life.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I probably feel my finest when I and everyone else knew that I was the smartest one in the room or someone was admiring my intellect and/or hard work. I'm not trying to be egotistical, but I do take a lot of pride in my work and intellect
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I feel inferior when I meet someone that is more accomplished than I, either intellectually or socially. I also feel inferior if I meet someone who I feel has their life more on track than my life.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I usually tend to make a list of pro-cons, but normally just go with my gut feeling as long as it makes logistical sense.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is usually finishing the project to a degree where I feel it meets up to good standards. I very much like to have control of the outcome. During school, I either opt for single projects or engage in group projects with other people that I know have my same work ethic. Even then, during group projects, I will volunteer to do most of the work so I know it is being done right and so I can make sure it is finished well.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
When I think of a time where I had a lot of fun, I think of when I'm hanging out with my friends and we're just hanging out and talking about whatever comes up between us. I have a few close friends that I love to talk to and we're almost always having a great time and just joking around.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I tend to just plunge headfirst into it and figure my way around as I'm doing it or thinking about it. Sometimes, like if it's a math technique, I usually think about it and just try to utilize it in my work until I understand it.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
It depends because I switch between unorganized/organized phases. Right now, I am in a organized phase. This phase usually lasts for a while until I either become too busy to worry about organizing my things or just don't care. I am always organized time wise though and have also organized my future already. When I am in my unorganized phase, the only unorganized part of me is my room. However, everything else in my life is pretty organized. I would say I am above average organized.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I do both, but firstly I try to understand the idea's principles and see if I can make sense of it and agree with it.
11) Do you find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find harmony by being myself firstly, but being myself leads to a certain extent for caring for other people. If someone is unhappy while I am happy, it places me in an awkward position. I will not become unhappy due to their unhappiness though, but will try to find a way for them to be happy so I feel that I can freely express myself in that moment.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
It depends on who I am with. I usually find myself thinking before speaking, but only because I rarely speak in front of strangers or acquaintances. In front of my close friends, I usually say what comes to my mind. However, I do always think about it, especially if I am trying to say something funny. I prefer group communication when I am with my close friends due to sharing of humor and laughter. I do also enjoy one-on-one communication if the subject I wish to talk about is more serious or intimate.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I am jumping before leaping, but I have been known to leap into action right away so I can have my decision made already and then just figure out the rest of the steps along the way. Actions to me definitely speak louder than words.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I will probably give an excuse to why I can not join them, but reschedule to meet again soon when I feel more up to it and everything is a little more planned out.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I can be very biting, mean, and sarcastic unfortunately. I become very focused on what I am stressed about and will do about anything to fix whatever it is that is causing stress in my life. I do not like to deal with other people and don't want them near me at all unless they are useful in some possible way and even then, my temper with them is very short if they do not act perfectly.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like idiotic people, people who waste my time, people who use me, hypocrites, intolerant people, people with no ambition, people with too much ambition, hyper emotional people, arrogant people, or people who place themselves above others and act all self-righteous.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I love talking about hypotheticals or just anything that interests me. I like talking about music, other people, and existential stuff. I also love talking about stuff that ends up making me laugh, just whatever I want to talk about at the moment basically.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I pay the least attention to boring stuff or stuff that I don't find worthy of my time.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends perceive me as loud, funny, sarcastic, sometimes mean, honest, and the biggest worrywart. They view me as loud and funny because I have opened up to them, but before we became friends, many have admitted that I was the most quiet person they ever knew. Also, I am not mean for the sake of being mean. I can just sometimes be brutally honest because it needs to be said, it's about something I find humorous, or I think the honesty will help them better than something sugarcoated. My friends would never say that I am reckless/careless. They all know that I work hard to do well especially in school and that I care a lot about my grades and general presentation to others. Also, they think I put up a front in roles of authority by acting as more affable. I do this however, not because I am fake, but because it is due to my upbringing. People who do not respect me back, I usually interact with in a different way. I am not outright rude, but I am not as warm as I could be.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Relaxing at the beach, Reading, Having fun with my friends, Traveling, Playing the piano, Doing something new and interesting

That's it. Again, any help would be really appreciated.

EmeraldGem98

I know I am asking others to help type me, but in my research, I did find that the ENTJ profile did seem to resonate with me. I don't know if this will help anyone in typing me though. While looking at the ENTJ profile, I could relate to such parts as these: "Instead, they rely on their sense of humor, fueled by their auxiliary function, Introverted Intuition (Ni), to ingratiate themselves to others. ENTJs can be great showmen and storytellers. Undeterred by conflict or controversy (they actually like being seen as edgy or provocative), they like to push the envelope, which not infrequently results in someone feeling hurt or offended." or "They can become frustrated and impatient when things don’t unfold according to their expected plan or time frame, evoking notions of the “Type-A” personality. In the presence of ENTJs, others may feel they are somehow being hurried or rushed, that the ENTJ wants them to “cut to the chase.” I don't know if this is true of other types though. I only submit this information to find a more accurate type for me. I always thought I was more introverted, but the ENTJ profile really seems to fit me. Can someone please verify or disprove this claim and offer up a better type if there is one? Please and thank you!

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
All I can tell you, is that you seem to show a lot of Fi in your posting here. I can also see Se and Te. At first I think ISFP, but then I realize you are too logical to be thinking inferior, so you could also be INTJ, but you also show little to no N. ENTJ could work for you depending on one factor: when you say you try to be the best version of yourself and express yourselff, is that a big part of your life? Or does it stress you out? If you said you try to achieve and be better than others so that could be mistaken for Fi the way you said it. You could ne an ENTJ 3, or you can also feel stressed from expressing yourself through acheivement, which would be ENTJ probably 7 to bring out your Se. It all depends on where you think your Fi stands.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Now that I read deeper into your post, I can definitely see Te-Dom in you. You could very well be an ENTJ who has developed his/her Se to mask her Ni. The Fi could be because you were nervous in the beggining and expressed your inferior function. It makes sense to me now.