• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me, INXX

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
Hello everyone. I'm really confused about my personality, especially with my cognitive functions. I did a questionnaire on Personality Cafe and they told me that I am an INFP, but I am not sure. I will post that questionnaire here. Could you please type me? Thank you.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

There is nothing that can affect my answers, but I am only 15 years old. I don’t know if my personality will change after a few years and most people say that at this age the personality is still developing.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

www.flickr.com/photos/24233485@N08/18561344562/in/explore-2015-06-07/
This photo is so beautiful. I love the green color, it feels closer to the nature. It looks like the window divides two worlds, the inner world and the outer world. The light and the leaves don’t let you see out of the window. You can’t know what that world hides. According to me, this photo represents the fear of some people to live.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favorite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I would feel a little bit angry at first, but after a few minutes I would calm down. It’s not a big deal going a few minutes late. Maybe I would call someone for help or wait for someone else to solve the problem. The second one is more probable.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I hate parties, but for the sake of the others I would go there. I would also keep my eyes on the driver, I have a hard time trusting people.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Everyone has it’s beliefs, and I respect them for as long as they don’t affect others. If he thinks that way, who am I to change it. I would try to convince them (if I think that what they believe is wrong) by using arguments, but I know that it’s really hard to change people’s minds.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
As I said before, everyone has it’s own life, so the can do whatever they want.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I think that all people are equal, no one is better than the others. I hate people who think they are better. Also, I hate people who judge others by their looks or behavior , let everyone live their life as they want and just live yours.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I would say my intelligence. Most people think that I am a genius, but I think that I am just a smart guy. Another thing is the way I think. When I told someone that I could think in abstract images, he said that I was an alien. I can be very logical in cases where people are not involved, but in situations where people are involved , I use both thinking and feeling, but feeling a little more. I feel very guilty if people are hurt because of my fault.

b) I have always wanted to be more social and to have more friends. The world is a place for extraverts and it feels like I don’t fit in.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I often have them when I interact with people. I get a sense of what people are thinking or what they are feeling, mostly what they are thinking, but I don't know if they are correct or not, so I don't believe them.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Having a debate about science, philosophy, religion or psychology, or reading about them. I love these topics. But I don’t like a debate with a lot of people, only 4-5 at most. But what I love more is thinking about them while I am alone, especially science (math and physics mostly). I like creating my own “theories” and learning about them. I never get tired of it. Another thing that I like is writing. It’s really hard to express what I think or feel by speaking, so writing makes it a lot easier.
b) What I hate most is interaction with people that I don’t know well. If something like this happens, I just say ‘Hello’ and go away. Sometimes, when it is not possible to go, I just stay there and say nothing, I only speak if the other person asks a question and I have to respond. It’s really embarrassing .

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

When someone does a mistake, I don’t correct them because I don’t want him to feel bad about the others. Also, I keep every negative opinion that I have to myself, but I rarely have a bad opinion, because I don’t judge others (only if he really deserves it). As for my outward behavior, I am a calm person, both inside and outside, and I act normally.

LovelySweet

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFJ

But read up on both INFJ and INTJ personalities...and see which description fits for you.

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
INFJ

But read up on both INFJ and INTJ personalities...and see which description fits for you.

Thank you for your answer. Somehow I can releate to most of the INXX descriptions. The first Mbti test I have taken told me that I was an INTJ and I releated to most of it. But I will read both INFJ and INTJ descriptions.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=25384]Eluid[/MENTION] here are some questions for you. Please elaborate in your answers.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Having a debate about science, philosophy, religion or psychology, or reading about them. I love these topics. But I don’t like a debate with a lot of people, only 4-5 at most. But what I love more is thinking about them while I am alone, especially science (math and physics mostly). I like creating my own “theories” and learning about them. I never get tired of it. Another thing that I like is writing. It’s really hard to express what I think or feel by speaking, so writing makes it a lot easier.
b) What I hate most is interaction with people that I don’t know well. If something like this happens, I just say ‘Hello’ and go away. Sometimes, when it is not possible to go, I just stay there and say nothing, I only speak if the other person asks a question and I have to respond. It’s really embarrassing .
What is it that you enjoy about creating your own theories?

Is it important to understand the behaviour and motivations of other people?

Is it ok to be flexible with your values to get along in a social group?

Is it important to be aware of the emotional mood of the group?

To what extent do your or other people's feelings play a role in your decisions?

You are at a social event where you notice that one of the people is acting up. Does this bother you? Do you feel the urge to do anything? Why or why not?

Do you adapt yourself to the person that you are interacting with?

To what extent do other people's opinions affect your decisions?

If you were feeling drained, which of the two activities would you prefer, in order to rejuvenate yourself:
  • Spending time creating your own theories about things.
  • Spending time with people whose company you enjoy, but not doing anything related to thinking about or creating theories.

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
@

[MENTION=25384]Eluid[/MENTION] here are some questions for you. Please elaborate in your answers.

To what extent do your or other people's feelings play a role in your decisions?

You are at a social event where you notice that one of the people is acting up. Does this bother you? Do you feel the urge to do anything? Why or why not?

If you were feeling drained, which of the two activities would you prefer, in order to rejuvenate yourself:
  • Spending time with people whose company you enjoy, but not doing anything related to thinking about or creating theories.

1-I have always loved science, and I like discovering new things by myself. I really want to do something, to give a contribution to the world and for me this is the best way. But mostly I do it just because I like it.

2-If it affects my life ,then yes, if it doesn't no.

3-I think yes, but I would still have my own values inside.

4-It is a little hard for me to know what other people are feeling. Even when a get a sense of what is going on, I don't think I am correct. But even if I did, I don't think it would be important to know what others are feeling.

5-If it is a decision about my own life, I don't care what others will think or feel, but if a decision impacts others I will always do the right thing so that everyone can be happy. As for my feelings, I only follow them if they are logical.

6-Yes it would bother me but I wouldn't do anything. I am a very calm person and I don't want to have a conflict with anyone. I know that it would only make things worse.

7-Most of the time no. For example, if someone has a problem, i don't tell him "You must have felt so bad" or "I really understand you". If I really don't feel it I don't say those things . Most of the time i just listen to someone's problems. But sometimes, if someone feels really bad, I would give him some emotional support.

8-I don't care about other people's opinion, only if these people are my family members. I would consider their opinion but just that, nothing more.

9-The first one.

- - - Updated - - -

@

1-I have always loved science, and I like discovering new things by myself. I really want to do something, to give a contribution to the world and for me this is the best way. But mostly I do it just because I like it.

4-It is a little hard for me to know what other people are feeling. Even when a get a sense of what is going on, I don't think I am correct. But even if I did, I don't think it would be important to know what others are feeling.

5-If it is a decision about my own life, I don't care what others will think or feel, but if a decision impacts others I will always do the right thing so that everyone can be happy. As for my feelings, I only follow them if they are logical.

6-Yes it would bother me but I wouldn't do anything. I am a very calm person and I don't want to have a conflict with anyone. I know that it would only make things worse.

7-Most of the time no. For example, if someone has a problem, i don't tell him "You must have felt so bad" or "I really understand you". If I really don't feel it I don't say those things . Most of the time i just listen to someone's problems. But sometimes, if someone feels really bad, I would give him some emotional support.

8-I don't care about other people's opinion, only if these people are my family members. I would consider their opinion but just that, nothing more.

9-The first one.

- - - Updated - - -

@

9-The first one.

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX

1-What is it that you enjoy about creating your own theories?
I have always loved science, and I like discovering new things by myself. I really want to do something, to give a contribution to the world and for me this is the best way. But mostly I do it just because I like it.

2-Is it important to understand the behaviour and motivations of other people?
If it affects my life ,then yes, if it doesn't no.

3-Is it ok to be flexible with your values to get along in a social group?
I think yes, but I would still have my own values inside.

4-Is it important to be aware of the emotional mood of the group?
It is a little hard for me to know what other people are feeling. Even when a get a sense of what is going on, I don't think I am correct. But even if I did, I don't think it would be important to know what others are feeling.

5-To what extent do your or other people's feelings play a role in your decisions?
If it is a decision about my own life, I don't care what others will think or feel, but if a decision impacts others I will always do the right thing so that everyone can be happy. As for my feelings, I only follow them if they are logical.

6-You are at a social event where you notice that one of the people is acting up. Does this bother you? Do you feel the urge to do anything? Why or why not?
Yes it would bother me but I wouldn't do anything. I am a very calm person and I don't want to have a conflict with anyone. I know that it would only make things worse.

7-Do you adapt yourself to the person that you are interacting with?
Most of the time no. For example, if someone has a problem, i don't tell him "You must have felt so bad" or "I really understand you". If I really don't feel it I don't say those things . Most of the time i just listen to someone's problems. But sometimes, if someone feels really bad, I would give him some emotional support.

8-To what extent do other people's opinions affect your decisions?
I don't care about other people's opinion, only if these people are my family members. I would consider their opinion but just that, nothing more.

9-If you were feeling drained, which of the two activities would you prefer, in order to rejuvenate yourself:
Spending time creating your own theories about things.
Spending time with people whose company you enjoy, but not doing anything related to thinking about or creating theories.
The first one.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=25384]Eluid[/MENTION] here are a few more questions for you. As usual please elaborate in your answers. Please include the question with each answer, it makes it a lot easier to read. Could you also edit your previous post and include the question with each answer.

Do you prefer to have things decided as soon as possible or do you like to leave things undecided for as long as possible?

Do you like learning about something new just for the sake of learning it or do you learn something because you have a goal in mind?

Tell us about your personal values.

After you have made a decision do you prefer to stick to it or do you see your decisions as changeable?

When you come up with an understanding of a new idea, is it enough for it to make sense in your head or do you prefer to check your understand with reality?

Do you find it easy to focus on a task or do you get distracted easily? If so, then what is it that distracts you?

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
[MENTION=25384]Eluid[/MENTION] here are a few more questions for you. As usual please elaborate in your answers. Please include the question with each answer, it makes it a lot easier to read. Could you also edit your previous post and include the question with each answer.

Do you prefer to have things decided as soon as possible or do you like to leave things undecided for as long as possible?

Do you like learning about something new just for the sake of learning it or do you learn something because you have a goal in mind?

After you have made a decision do you prefer to stick to it or do you see your decisions as changeable?

When you come up with an understanding of a new idea, is it enough for it to make sense in your head or do you prefer to check your understand with reality?

Do you find it easy to focus on a task or do you get distracted easily? If so, then what is it that distracts you?

I want thing to be decided. I feel very uncomfortable if I am undecided about something.

Both, but mostly because I have a goal on my mind.

See question 6 on my questionnaire.

If there is a better option then i can change my decision, but this happens rarely. For most of the time I stick to a decision, because I know I have made the right choice.

I think making sense in my head, it is not necessary to involve reality. Reality seems to limit me. The mind gives you the power to imagine abstract things which make no sense in reality.

I can be distracted very easily. The think that distracts me more is my mind. I daydream a lot and get lost in my world of thoughts. This makes it really hard to concentrate on one task.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=25384]Eluid[/MENTION] here's my assessment of your type.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Flickr: Page Not Found
This photo is so beautiful. I love the green color, it feels closer to the nature. It looks like the window divides two worlds, the inner world and the outer world. The light and the leaves don’t let you see out of the window. You can’t know what that world hides. According to me, this photo represents the fear of some people to live.
Seems N.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I hate parties, but for the sake of the others I would go there. I would also keep my eyes on the driver, I have a hard time trusting people.
Seems I.

Seems N.

1-What is it that you enjoy about creating your own theories?
I have always loved science, and I like discovering new things by myself. I really want to do something, to give a contribution to the world and for me this is the best way. But mostly I do it just because I like it.
Seems TJ.

2-Is it important to understand the behaviour and motivations of other people?
If it affects my life ,then yes, if it doesn't no.
NF not indicated.

3-Is it ok to be flexible with your values to get along in a social group?
I think yes, but I would still have my own values inside.
Fi not indicated.

4-Is it important to be aware of the emotional mood of the group?
It is a little hard for me to know what other people are feeling. Even when a get a sense of what is going on, I don't think I am correct. But even if I did, I don't think it would be important to know what others are feeling.
NF not indicated.

5-To what extent do your or other people's feelings play a role in your decisions?
If it is a decision about my own life, I don't care what others will think or feel, but if a decision impacts others I will always do the right thing so that everyone can be happy. As for my feelings, I only follow them if they are logical.
Seems T rather than F.

7-Do you adapt yourself to the person that you are interacting with?
Most of the time no. For example, if someone has a problem, i don't tell him "You must have felt so bad" or "I really understand you". If I really don't feel it I don't say those things . Most of the time i just listen to someone's problems. But sometimes, if someone feels really bad, I would give him some emotional support.
Fe not indicated.

8-To what extent do other people's opinions affect your decisions?
I don't care about other people's opinion, only if these people are my family members. I would consider their opinion but just that, nothing more.
Fe not indicated.

9-If you were feeling drained, which of the two activities would you prefer, in order to rejuvenate yourself:
Spending time creating your own theories about things.
Spending time with people whose company you enjoy, but not doing anything related to thinking about or creating theories.
The first one.
Seems that N is your dominant function.

I want thing to be decided. I feel very uncomfortable if I am undecided about something.
Seems J.

Both, but mostly because I have a goal on my mind.
Seems J.

If there is a better option then i can change my decision, but this happens rarely. For most of the time I stick to a decision, because I know I have made the right choice.
Seems J.

I think making sense in my head, it is not necessary to involve reality. Reality seems to limit me. The mind gives you the power to imagine abstract things which make no sense in reality.
Seems N.

I am typing you as INTJ.

You prefer J over P. You are goal oriented when it comes learning about things and prefer resolution rather than leaving things open-ended.

You prefer T over F. This is evident in you basing your decisions on reasoning rather than feelings. You also don't have an interest in people in general. You don't have an interest in the group which rules out Fe, and you appear flexible with your values in order to fit in with the group which rules out Fi.

You favour N over S. You spend a lot of time thinking about abstract topics, some of which make no sense in reality, and enjoy doing it.

Te is indicated as one of your top functions because of being goal oriented when learning about new ideas, such as wanting to make a contribution to the world through your ideas.
Ni is indicated as your other top function because of the abstract topics that you like spending to figure out. Since this activity also energizes you the most it is your dominant function.

Eluid

MBTI Type
INXX
[MENTION=25384]Eluid[/MENTION] here's my assessment of your type.

Seems N.

Seems I.

Seems N.

Seems TJ.

NF not indicated.

Fi not indicated.

NF not indicated.

Seems T rather than F.

Fe not indicated.

Fe not indicated.

Seems that N is your dominant function.

Seems J.

Seems J.

Seems J.

Seems N.

I am typing you as INTJ.

You prefer J over P. You are goal oriented when it comes learning about things and prefer resolution rather than leaving things open-ended.

You prefer T over F. This is evident in you basing your decisions on reasoning rather than feelings. You also don't have an interest in people in general. You don't have an interest in the group which rules out Fe, and you appear flexible with your values in order to fit in with the group which rules out Fi.

You favour N over S. You spend a lot of time thinking about abstract topics, some of which make no sense in reality, and enjoy doing it.

Te is indicated as one of your top functions because of being goal oriented when learning about new ideas, such as wanting to make a contribution to the world through your ideas.
Ni is indicated as your other top function because of the abstract topics that you like spending to figure out. Since this activity also energizes you the most it is your dominant function.

Thank you for your answer.