• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

And now my tritype...

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've been reading up on enneagram lately, and I've recently begun to really dive into trying to discover my tritype. I was thinking 953 initially, but could see 963 as well. I might be a 6... Or a 4 or 5. Sx/Sp? Sp/So? Ideas?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Hmm. What makes you think you're a 9? I'm not debating, just trying to get behind your reasoning.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
How pissed off I get at type me threads... How they simulataneously make me what to pull out my own hair while also being just so alluring.

That was supposed to be a joke-but it didn't end up being funny :(

No, I am pretty sure that at least my gut fix is 9. The most obvious and basic reason to me-that 1 and 8(especially 8), just do not fit. I am not an angry or emotional person-at least I do not see myself that way. If you had asked me before I ever gotten into typology or knew about enneagram--which someone did-- how I saw myself, I would as a person who never gets angry. While I now cognitively understand why that is probably completely true, emotionally it still doesn't really connect. I would suspect that my anger passes by unnoticed to me while I engage in little passive aggressive, quiet, rebellions-but even then, if it exists, in the few times I have really felt it, I was generally able to separate myself from it. Almost like someone in a theater watching a serial killer attack his prey. It is not something I generally seem connected to, and when I do occasionally get a front row seat to even the smallest touch of it-it is something I usually end up regretting. Being angry is embarassing to me, it means that I have truly lost any means to be objective, it seems as if it is almost one step towards losing my mind-losing any and all control.

There is also my ridiculously irritating quality of sweeping anything that I do not want to deal with under the rug. It isn't there-out of sight out of mind-if I don't pay it any attention it will soon go away on its own. Problems are only problems if you make them so- why focus on what does not matter, why would anyone want to focus on anything insignificant-why can't people just let things go. Being frusterated that others cannot let things just be, but being upset at myself for judging them for something they really cannot control.

Anyways, then there is the how 9 can turn into a 6 under stress. Now I am not sure if I am actually under any stress, but I do experience 6ish anxieties-especially recently. Jumping into needing to have a problem solved without first trying to really understand it for myself. Insecurities streaming out of me full force, leading to impulsivity and shortcuts. I am not sure if this is actually because I am a 6, or it is 9 disintigrated, or maybe just that 6 is part of my tritype.

5 and 4 are up there just because I can just very much relate to them-especially 5. I dislike being wrong, I loathe feeling stupid, and I cannot stand the thought of there being anything that is beyond my grasp-which now is seeming like more and more of a reality. I do not want to fail at life, though life is not strictly a pass fail sort of event there is so much in between, but I cannot help the belief that everyone else is just naturally better off. There are people who are smarter than me who will reach depths I can never imagine. There are people who just have an energy, passion, and natural charisma that I really struggle to constantly attempt to maintain. And I can be incredibly obstinate IRL, a cold hell breaks loose if something hits a particular cord a particular way or I disagree-this could be a counterphobic 6 thing well I am not sure- I can be cutting(though not on this site, I am not a complete idiot, I know when I am fighing a losing battle against a much stronger army) I have been told I appear arrogant, but I think that it is just derived from a natural stubbornness, I dislike strongly when I am told to do or think something I automatically judge as stupid, though that thought is never really even given seed to build towards a focus.

Cygnus

279. More Positive Outlook than I've ever seen on a TypeC poster.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Seems feasible. I would strongly consider 6 in the tritype as well. 965? 962? 964? Check those out, maybe.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah, I will for sure keep reading. Cygnus might have a point as well, I am not sure if I have the... Intensity of a 7, but countered with 9 it might end up seeming more balanced. The 2 is also something I am not sure about. From what I read it seems as if it is common for female 9s to mistype as 2s. Now I know that isn't exactly what is going on here as both are included, but the fact that it is such a common occurance and the traits seem to overlap so much makes me a bit wary to consider including it in my tritype. I would say he makes a good point, one I hadn't completely realized yet, with the semi-desperate, yet seemingly instinctive, positive outlook that I seem to drench myself in. Though it might be more put upon than actual-difficult for me to really judge that.

6... Is really having fun with me right now. Again, hesitant to include it because it is 9's disintigration point and it's influence could just be from that. And starting a thread like this seems as if it could point again to influence of 6, moving towards people. Then again, there is an extremely good chance that I will not really honor anything derived from here, and I probably will not feel the overwhelming need to. But I will look into suggestions further, tweak what 'fits' and what doesn't, but this is more for me right now serving as sort of a filter for my thoughts, so I am not really sure if that is indicative of 5, 6, or 7. But yes, more than open to suggestions at this point.

Cygnus

Your head fix is unmistakably 7, though it's uncertain whether or not it is your core. "Intensity" is more a property of 6 than 7.

Your self-attested indecision seems based more on a desire to consider every last available possibility (7) than doubt in one's own capabilities and security in the endgame (6). There's the possibility of overanalysis tendencies pointing to a 5-fix, but your analysis touches more on the surface of every available option and quickly moves on, rather than carefully scouring through every available option and analyzing it critically, which still indicates a 7-fix over a 5-fix.

I'd argue for a 1-fix. You're right about an 8-fix contributing to "anger," but this isn't always so true of the 1. Any 8-fixed type will tend to occupy physical space more disruptively and unapologetically just by nature. A person with a 1-fix has a more awkward positioning in his environment, noticeably occupying space but seeming almost apologetic about it, a "deer-in-the-headlights" reaction, if you will.

9 and the 9-fix are completely misunderstood. To contrast 9 and 1, 1 is Ambiverted and a Superego type, so its presence in the world is much more socially-oriented, stemming from a conscious desire to suppress its impulses rather than a passive lack of desire to express them. 9 is an Ego type, and, as many forget, a Gut-type: the focus of the 9 is to protect itself from the ravages of the outside world by conserving all of its physical energy; this conservatism is for the sake of the 9's personal well-being ("Ego" as opposed to "Id" and "Superego"), and the welfare of the greater good is of little concern to this type.

The aloofness you seem to present on this site doesn't seem to be focused on the grounded inertia characteristic of the 9. Your energy focus is more oriented in the world around you. So I'm seeing a 7-fix and a 1-fix in some order.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
[MENTION=16405]Entropic[/MENTION] ?
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] ?
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] ?
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] ?

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] ? Do I seem like a 1?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=16405]Entropic[/MENTION] ?
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] ?
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] ?
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] ?

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] ? Do I seem like a 1?
Not really. I'd vote 9, for similar reasons to those expressed by others in this thread.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is also my ridiculously irritating quality of sweeping anything that I do not want to deal with under the rug. It isn't there-out of sight out of mind-if I don't pay it any attention it will soon go away on its own. Problems are only problems if you make them so- why focus on what does not matter, why would anyone want to focus on anything insignificant-why can't people just let things go. Being frusterated that others cannot let things just be, but being upset at myself for judging them for something they really cannot control.
This answer is ridiculously 9 so yes, you're 9 fix. The whole why focus on what's not important and the attitude that nothing really matters so why bother with it, it's just irrelevant anyway, is 9 in a nutshell.

I was generally able to separate myself from it. Almost like someone in a theater watching a serial killer attack his prey. It is not something I generally seem connected to, and when I do occasionally get a front row seat to even the smallest touch of it-it is something I usually end up regretting. Being angry is embarassing to me, it means that I have truly lost any means to be objective, it seems as if it is almost one step towards losing my mind-losing any and all control.

This here is also very 5 detachment attitude.

The only thing I'm not seeing is 4, but you are also likely image last.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I think the problem is that you analyze your personality too much. If you look very precisely into your personality and types description, you find every single of them. Then it's hard to say which one is the most important.
Different thing is that the system many traits are not described, as there are types which are minor part of us. I think that which type is the one you least relate too says a lot about person too.

My first thought about your tritype was 953 ; what you wrote about being embarrassed of anger and some of your posts (where I see observant and scientific way of thinking) makes me almost sure that 5 is there. 1 doesn't seem right (saying as 451), 3 fits better.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
This answer is ridiculously 9 so yes, you're 9 fix. The whole why focus on what's not important and the attitude that nothing really matters so why bother with it, it's just irrelevant anyway, is 9 in a nutshell.

This here is also very 5 detachment attitude.

The only thing I'm not seeing is 4, but you are also likely image last.

Yes, the heart fix is what seems the most ellusive to me. 4 especially, just seems beyond my own personal understanding. I understand vaguely what it is, but intentionally throwing yourself to the mercy of your emotions-it sounds beautifully passionate and in a way potentially being cause for inspiration, but almost at too high of a cost-for me at least. Suppose the constant emotional push and pull would become something you would get used to. I know it is not really a choice, it is just a natural state, and maybe I am just denying it in myself, but it is totally foreign seeming. Anyways, yes image is nearly definately last. I can see 2, 3, or 4-which makes me lean towards 3.

I think the problem is that you analyze your personality too much. If you look very precisely into your personality and types description, you find every single of them. Then it's hard to say which one is the most important.
Different thing is that the system many traits are not described, as there are types which are minor part of us. I think that which type is the one you least relate too says a lot about person too.

My first thought about your tritype was 953 ; what you wrote about being embarrassed of anger and some of your posts (where I see observant and scientific way of thinking) makes me almost sure that 5 is there. 1 doesn't seem right (saying as 451), 3 fits better.

Hm, I actually sort of enjoy dissecting 'myself' in this way. It is actually sort of funny to me-but probably only to an extent. But yes, this sort of overanalysis is most likely both a step foreward and a crutch. By trying to clarify and include more information, I risk identifying more with that than my actual being. Paradoxical almost-circular, but I can't help myself- it is interesting. I haven't emotionally connected to this information really, so outside opinion doesn't quite bother me at this point. Anyway, there is no rush with this, opinions or no, whatever happens happens.