• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Long term INXP considers ISFX drift.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I've had about seven years landscaping at a public garden. I tend a Japanese Garden. I am studying to be a professional landscaper now on the side. I am trying to mow people's lawns, or do yard maintenance. I've always been very observant of bad feelings in the landscape and acted accordingly.

I've become quite vain about clothing. I like to shop, especially for expensive clothes found at pennies on the dollar.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I want affirmation because I associate it with feelings of security. I am fearful of my security now, so I crave to serve more people, leading to more economic and emotional good feelings. I had sort of a dismal childhood, and therefore I crave approval. I try to set up my own positive affirmations from within, but I still crave confirmations by others. Criticism, even suggestions on style, make me feel morbid.

Of course, when people see more of my work, they will be awed. Then I'll not have to worry any more because of the demand for my services.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Now. See question one. I get lots of praise at work from my superiors and the public at large. I still need a little more money, though.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

People who have nicer things and people who have successful relationships (great security). I think I need nicer things to have a relationship. However, even if I had nicer things or more money, that does not preclude "better" relationships. Yet, at least I'd feel more secure.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

It has to feel right. Also, knowledge. There are ways to prune things. Know the way the thing wants to be pruned. There are pruning rules, but it still has to feel right. Get it?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

When working on other people's projects, I want it to go fast so that I can return to my own projects and mission. However, my prevailing goal is creating beauty so that people will be awed. Thus I would guess that is my goal if you want to talk about "outcomes". If something feels bad in the landscape, then it needs to beautiful so that it will feel good. Then everyone will feel good who also sees it. Yet, nature changes. It's is cyclic, and you have to keep maintaining the shape. You work on the thing that is the ugliest. Then if that is no longer the ugliest, then move to the next thing. If the thing you didn't finish becomes the ugliest, then return. Keep going for the maximum impact for time.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I had an opportunity to travel to Japan in 2012. My avatar won the koi show in Tokyo. I spent all those days touring gardens and photographing garden details. Also, I sampled lots of food.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Not. I am practically a hoarder. Okay, let's be honest, I am a hoarder.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I am studying to pass professional exams in horticulture. Formerly I've obtained degrees in Biology and Aquaculture. I worked on fish farms and public gardens. I have to absorb a lot of facts. I've sorted literally millions of koi. This involves judgment of relative value based on visual demonstration. Some people need very little adjustment because their visual aesthetic skills are already highly keen. I am one of those people.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The second thing, of course.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Introverted.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I described this already.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

This is mysterious on a few levels. I don't watch sports, and my friends don't call and invite me out. I get messages inviting me to events, and I frequently don't go.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I shut down.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Okay, I am late to work...perhaps I'll answer more later.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I remember you from a long dead internet forum. I remember you got unfairly shit on, by members of the moderation staff no less.

I think you were an INTP in a sea of fake INTPs, or stupid, cowardly INTPs. You seem to fit all the descriptions better than many of the people who were acting like dicks to you. The type doesn't matter. The type thing is good for understanding other people, and for feeling better about yourself so that you don't feel like an outcast. It's not an identity that you have to adhere to strictly. You need to do what works for you.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thank you. I was worried nobody would reply because, in fact, I have been argumentative in the past. There could be numerous reasons, from TLDR to thinking I'm too sensitive to get replies. I don't know. Also, I hardly even recall if people were rude to me at some other internet forum. I have nothing against them, if they were.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you. I was worried nobody would reply because, in fact, I have been argumentative in the past. There could be numerous reasons, from TLDR to thinking I'm too sensitive to get replies. I don't know. Also, I hardly even recall if people were rude to me at some other internet forum. I have nothing against them, if they were.

It won't do you good to hold a grudge, but I was a lurker in those days.

Just to clarify here, I have some INFP, ENTP and INFJ traits and interests, and I don't see a problem with it. I'd certainly argue that there's nothing wrong with an INTP being passionate about something.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, maybe I could be INTP, INFP, and ISFP...a smidge of ISTP. Maybe it's part of being a well rounded person. What type do I want to be? Happy, I guess. I could skew the MBTI to give me any of these types, and I'd half-believe the type of the moment, and always be questioning at the same time. I am a whole lot less argumentative, though.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, maybe I could be INTP, INFP, and ISFP...a smidge of ISTP. Maybe it's part of being a well rounded person. What type do I want to be? Happy, I guess. I could skew the MBTI to give me any of these types, and I'd half-believe the type of the moment, and always be questioning at the same time. I am a whole lot less argumentative, though.

I'm less argumentative too. One thing I would argue is that wanting to be happy is a good thing to want. I'm not sure why so many people on the internet think that's so terrible.