• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychoanalyze Me! (free cookies included)

Oshaberi

Hmm... In the form of a questionnaire because it's the best and most organized method I've found.

I also accidentally deleted the webpage and only got the first ten questions autosaved, thus the brief answers from that point on....

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Essentially... everything. Ever since I was introduced to the MBTI about two years back, I have gone through a lot of self-study in an attempt to determine my type, but certain aspects of my personality have confused me. For example, I have always demonstrated looking forward to the future (Ni), but I'm also focused on possibilities (Ne). I sometimes get flashes of memories/ideas (Si), but I sometimes let go and live in the moment (Se). It's been incredibly confusing for me, least of all because I haven't found satisfactory descriptions of the cognitive functions that worked for me in all (or most) instances. Long story short, I hope I can sort it once and for all, but I'm fairly sure I'm some sort of NT type.

Now that that's out of the way...

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

At its essence, I want satisfaction out of life. It's very fleeting, and I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I want my life to be lived the way I want it to be lived, and I want it to be fulfilling. I want to increase my knowledge, I want experiences, I want to do something in life and stand out. Freedom would also be nice, but I understand that compromise is sometimes necessary. (It doesn't mean I have to enjoy it though :alttongue:) Additionally, I want to understand life and the human condition, the stereotypical questions of why we are here and the like.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

The time my writing was picked out of hundreds of people to appear in a magazine. I had worked at that particular story for months, and I felt enormously gratified to know that people appreciated my work and that it appealed to them, which, in turn, meant that I had a good shot at success in further ventures. It also meant that I was recognized and being paid back for all of the time and effort I invested on that work, and it felt, for lack of a better word, good to know that I achieved something like that. Otherwise, I enjoy winning debates and using logic to figure problems out, and I feel gratified when people call me intelligent.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Not knowing things. Not being able to keep up in group situations, and coming up with absolutely abhorrent jokes on the spur of the moment. Appearing odd to other people because of it. When I am unable to come up with anything witty/conversation starting to say. Not being able to assist people when they want me to assist them, and when people dismiss me and my work.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Usually, I look at both sides of an issue/the thing that prompts the decisions, and I tend to weigh the pro-cons against each other before making any further assumptions. I enjoy taking input from other people and deliberating for a while before a conclusion is made. Just look at what I'm typing right now as an example. I tend to look at possible outcomes of both sides of the decision, and take it from there. There's another aspect to it: for mundane decisions, I usually have an answer figured out beforehand, even if I might seem indecisive because I don't tell people directly what I want, either because I'm afraid that they'll debate me on the point, and won't back down on their own stance or because I'm simply lazy and believe that... well, the answer is obvious. However, for decisions I have an interest in, I usually take a while to look at it from all sides before making any further assumptions, lest I make a wrong choice and end up ruing it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

As with the situation above, it will depend. Am I interested in the project? If yes, I do want control of the outcome, as well as the project in its entirety. I tend to put emphasis on ways I can improve it, and ways I can maximize efficiency, as well as steering it towards the vision I have in my mind of the desired result. If not... I tend to go on autopilot, smile and nod, and go to another place in my mind while I follow instructions and wish that I didn't have to do it. In all cases, I try emphasizing ways to make it better.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Hmm... The time I went to a theme park that I found interesting as a child. I remember imagining several rides and how I could take ideas from the theme park and apply them to my illustrations/assignments for school. My memory is a distinct snapshot of one specific location, I probably could take it different places, but I tend to remember objects or events that are interesting and/or out of the ordinary.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Experimenting. The only reason I tend to read how-to guides is because I was taught as a child not to waste time/money by doing it the right way, and that's how I tend to start out. Essentially, I read how-to guides as a starting point, and begin branching out as I learn the materials. However, I can and will experiment, always, and I enjoy wondering exactly what the capabilities of the subject I'm learning is.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Everything has its place, and everything in its place.

No, but seriously, I enjoy organizing a fair amount. However, that's usually when I have a manageable amount of items to take care of, and there aren't other people to support me. For material items, I dislike cleanup a lot, and I dislike when other people clean up even more. Where do all of my books go? However, in terms of projects and the like, I tend to imagine a process of achieving the goal inside my mind, and I make a mental checklist of everything that needs to get done. I also tend towards organization when I'm put at the head of a project, simply because I enjoy putting things in order and watching events unfold that way.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'm very welcoming to new ideas, however, they have to be logical and appeal to my interest. I enjoy taking new ideas apart and analyzing them, and that leads to a tendency of over-analysis. After that process is over, I look for information to support it, and I'm sort of skeptical of things that seem outlandish because of this. However, this might be taught, considering I have a father I believe is ESTJ, and his Te rubbed off on me. However, I naturally tend to want to understand the idea and see exactly how it works and what I can do with it. Admittedly, I held a few stupid misconceptions once upon a time, but that changed as new information came in.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I tend to try promoting harmony because I find it hard to operate in chaos, and I do care for other people and their well-being. I'm also admittedly fairly out of tune with what I myself believe in, but I have a certain set of morals that I tend to stick by, even if they don't agree with other people's. Essentially, I try to go the route of the former because I find that situations play out more smoothly that way, with everyone having a say in the matter and discussing rationally.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I usually think before speaking, but that leads to several possibilities that can jumble in my mind, and I can end up going on tangents an/or have my words come out jumbled. However, if the situation is boring, I will go on autopilot and simply smile and nod, along with saying the most vapid things I can think of. I also prefer one on one communication, because I find that I get lost in group discussions. People tend to speak over me/say the points I want to say, and I quickly lose interest in them because of that.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Ideas usually come to me quickly, and I can form plans equally as quickly, so I tend to do that and then jump into the action. The exception is if it's a chaotic/dangerous situation, in which case I prefer to sit back and analyze before doing anything else. And usually, I prefer words over actions, but both have their place.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It depends.

A. My first instinct is to try to work my schedule around to fit both. If I'm unable to...

B. I'll see if what they want to do is more interesting than the show. If it's a new episode and I'm feeling lazy, I'll decline, but if it's reruns, I'll probably go.

C. However, if I find the show more interesting, I'll probably reschedule for next week.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Snappish and introverted. I usually try to get rid of whatever it is that's causing the stress, and focus exclusively on that one thing until it can be worked out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When people are too emotional, simply because I don't know how to handle them. When people are too harsh and aloof, because I don't see why it's necessary for them to do that. I also dislike hypocrites and bigots, for obvious reasons, and I dislike people who don't leave room for agreement.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Metaphysical stuff and theories, my interests, including psychology, and essentially anything that catches my fancy. If it's interesting, then I'm up for it.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Boring, mundane tasks. I have no interest in day-to-day stuff, and I'd much rather be off doing more interesting things (such as lurking around MBTI forums), and I dislike having to deal with things such as taxes and the like.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They think I'm a rather quiet and boring individual who gets stuff done. What they don't know is that I get it done so I have more time for myself, and that it takes a while for someone to get to know me well. Close friends of mine say that they still learn new things about me, even when they think they know everything. And... probably that I'm conventional?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

A long walk in the woods, followed by tea and contemplation and books. And browsing MBTI forums.

So... that should be it for the questionnaire? Thoughts? Questions?

Also, a cookie for getting this far.

An imaginary cookie. Imagine there is a cookie here.

Chakram

Tea? Are you british? lol and so your desire for organization seems to be more outward focused than inward, so I would say Intj but that could just be from how you were raised. There's a lot of ifs in personality typing though, because you do kind of sound like me... But then again I'm not sure what I am and feel like a contradiction as well, like being able to see yourself, or rather being able to see the possible truths in everything. Which would point more to Ne. So yea, Intp, or Intj probably.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Remember that mbti is about how you think, not what you do. Anyone can come up with possibilities or reflect on their past, but the functions tell you how they do that. First lets start off off with something that's actually valid, lke when you said you preferred questionnaires because they are the BEST and MOST ORGANIZED. This sinple statements is an imducation of strong Te. I see little to no Si in your writing, you seldom focus on routine details, loyalty, tradition, or anything a Si dom or Aux would focus on. Your little spark of Se could come from being an NTJ, and you do show a bit of Fi too. I'm going with INTJ.

Oshaberi

Okay, so, I completely forgot what my password was and jumped 20 hoops trying to get it back, and I apologize for not replying sooner. Anyways, thank you for replying to this, and... well...

1. Yup. I guess I just like tea at the end of a long day :shrug:

2. ...That sounds accurate? The issue is that I have a messy apartment, but I do have places for everything, and I do like organizing, I'm simply not motivated to organize my environment at times. But anyways...

3. That's also very true. And that's why I'd like an unbiased view on this? I suppose I might be answering these from the perspective of someone who thinks they're a N(e/i) user, and that might be affecting my answers with bias.

And the issue with that is... I believe I use more F(e/i) than S(e/i), which would put me at ENTP or INTJ. However... I believe there's also the possibility that I simply developed those functions equally well.

In any extent, thank you for your reply, it was helpful :)

Oshaberi

And... thank you for the response, as well. I apologize for not getting to this sooner.

1. I suppose what I meant to say is that that's what I default to. Functions are about your preferences, correct? How you naturally respond to an event occurring? Anyways.

2. I admit I do like organization, but that also comes with the fact that I can loose motivation if whatever it is doesn't interest me, or I don't see it as relevant. Perhaps Ni/Te at work, unconcern for the mundane?

3. And... there is one thing that makes me question my lack of Si. When faced with events or future plans, I usually have an image similar, but not always exactly like a closely-related situation I've experienced in the past, and I sometimes get flashes of memory when confronted with a particular trigger, such as me forgetting where the car is parked, and then going down a particular path and suddenly recalling that I moved the car near there yesterday, or the like. Mind you, I have a terrible memory for detail, but if the event stood out to me, I can remember some, but not all of the details. I just don't choose to focus on that, and again, it might be due to the fact that I tap into Si as a function even if it isn't in my function stack because both of my parents and some important figures in my life have Si as their dom/aux functions.

4. Long story short, I don't look to the past or reference details or look at my experiences to go forward. I enjoy innovating.

5. Additionally... I have very strong gut feelings, and I'm usually correct about those, I just maintain a dose of skepticism towards them because "what if I'm wrong?" Ni/Te at work, perhaps?

6. And if it isn't too much trouble, where exactly do you see the Fi?

Thank you again for the response, it is very helpful for providing insight :banana: