• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type debate, ENFP or ESTP

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ever since I foumd out about mbti and started researching other types besides the one I started out thinking I was (ENFP), the main debate in my head is whether or not I am a very calm and manly scuai ENFP, or if I am just an ESTP. This thread is for debate of whether I am not for these two types, I am not even considering ENTP, because I don't relate to their love of debate and hard sciences, or ESFP because I don't relate to the CT examples of ESFPs as much as I do ENFPs(Any type with justin bieber and harry styles straight in the center of it is not mine). I will fill out a questionnaire of my own instead of taking someone elses, because I do not care to look it up, especially when it's someone else's work.
DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL CAREER
My ideal career is a career that allows me to be creative, while exploring the world and fighting against criminals or militant groups that harm others. This career unfortunately doesn't exist. It is just a dream. In reality I'd do anything that allows creativity, flexibility, and is useful to helping the world, while allowing me to pursue my many hobbies and interests outside of it.
WHAT IS YOUR IDEAL RELATIONSHIP?
A relationship with a girl that shares my beliefs and moral values and is imteresting and fun to be around. Beauty would be a bonus, or on some days a requirement. The girl I would have the least interest in would be a boring, repetitive, nerdy girl that has no imagination and no sense of adventure.
WHAT ARE YOU LIKE AS A LEADER?
I am very bold when making decisions. I am flexible in how I control others though, especially young ones. Often when I am in a boss simulation program, and someone messes up, I show little to no hate, laughing at his mistake, then fire him. This is only different when the person is an immoral, irrational, and insensitive moron.
WHAT DO YOU DO FOR LEISURE?
Any I can use my imagination in or anything that I can do with others. I often pursue dangerous activities like fighting and cliff diving, and when I can't, I just play medieval or sci fi war games. When I played games with my INFJ brother, it usually doesn't involve sports, but instead imaginative role playing games or games involving the future, which I enjoyed as much as him.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SCHOOL
I think the idea of school is great, it's just the delivery that sucks ass. Every school involves a state of the art prison in which every individual aged 6-18 is forced to go to on a daily basis.i think learning should be an adventure that one should pursue on their own, not a bland and tasteless chore that everyone is forcex to endure. In terms of grades I do excellent, especially when I am in a decent mood. My grades this year have ranged from 96-98, which I am very proud of. I value my intelligence and creativity and want to do well in school, although the style of learning used their just isn't interesting to me.
WHAT DO OTHER PEOPLE USUALLY THINK OF YOU?
I've heard my mom say that I am "off the wall with my thinking", that I am too fast paced with my daily life, and that I am headstrong and critical(some of which is true and some is not, she is ISxJ btw). My brother often gets annoyed with how I always want to do something when he just wants to lay around on his bed and examine his iPod(he is INFJ). My sister sometimes thinks I am a jerk to her, when other times she is bugging me to hang out with her(ESFJ). My friends think I am tough, yet fair and kind. My teachers believe me to be smarter, more organized, and more analytical than I really am. My counselor swears I am ESTP, while another one thinks I am ENTP. I did an experiment with my family and every one of them said I was some sort of ExTx, so mainly people tend to see my calm and stoic side more and see me as a thinker.
WHAT TV CHARACTERS DO YOU RELATE TO THE MOST?
So far, I seem to see Jessie Katsopolis(full house), Timmy Turner(Fairly Odd parents), Anakin Skywalker(Star wars), and captain tiberius kirk(Star trek)

Chakram

You are almost certainly an Fi-Te user if that helps you. I would suggest looking at cognitive functions if you haven't, those are better for determining your type and types of others. I couldn't tell you what you are between Se-Ni and Ne-Si from this post though.

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can say only that there is no comparison between an ENFP and ESTP. They are not alike in any way

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Hey, just a side note. Don't rule out ESFP because you don't relate to a few celebrities of that type. By that I mean, Justin Bieber can't be used as a representation of the ESFP (or any type). :)

It's interesting that you're torn between ESTP and ENFP in particular. They're quite different.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I dunno what keeps you second-guessing, because to me you seem like a clear ESTP. :shrug:

DreamBeliever

I really think ESTP, too, but I think you should look into the differences of Se vs. Ne & Fe vs. Te. That could be of some help. Don't let stereotypes derail you, either. It's ok to see aspects of yourself in other types. Sensors can be creative, extroverts can be shy, feelers can be unsympathetic jerks, etc. Get the point? It's all about your best fit, which should be decided by you. If you want, you could look up videos of different ExxP types, or ESTPs & ENFPs in particular, & see who seems most like yourself/you can see yourself in.

Chakram

Still seems like an Fi user to me, just because he/she talks about subjective values quite a bit and seems to like the idea of expressing himself/herself a lot. Just my 2 cents. So yea I would say enfp or esfp, or isfp/infp maybe?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thanks for the opinions guys, and for all the people that tell me to look at the functions, I do every day, and the only thing I am completely sure of is that I in no way shape or form relate to Si. I'm just not sure whether I should deem it my most hated concious function (ENFP) or just scratch it off the list altogether (ESTP). For the people telling me there is a huge difference between ENFP and ESTP, the reason I debate between the two is because I know one is the way I wish I was and one is the way I am, but my delusions prevent me from knowing the absolutes.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Thanks for the opinions guys, and for all the people that tell me to look at the functions, I do every day, and the only thing I am completely sure of is that I in no way shape or form relate to Si. I'm just not sure whether I should deem it my most hated concious function (ENFP) or just scratch it off the list altogether (ESTP). For the people telling me there is a huge difference between ENFP and ESTP, the reason I debate between the two is because I know one is the way I wish I was and one is the way I am, but my delusions prevent me from knowing the absolutes.

Which is the one you wish you were (just curious)?

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lo idk, but it seems like everything everyone else tells me about myself is different from what I think. Everyone tells me I'm a logical, concrete thinker, and my mother has called me out on everything the stereotypical ESTP does (fast pace, rushing everyone, always active, apathetic to financial stuff etc). Maybe I know I am ESTP, but the mbti stereotypes I've been fed the whole time I've studied this subject have blinded me from understanding the concepts of S/N and F/T. Even when I thought I was ENFP after the first time I took an online test, people were still saying I am logical and concrete. The individual letter description of an ESTP doesn't seem like much until I read the actual personality description, then I think, "how can this type be an ST when I've been taught that STs are boring?" Lol but I think I've been psychologically duped into thinking the ENFP description fits me too when it really doesn't. If I would'be took an actual test instead of an online one, maybe I wouldn't be so torn between two types that only relate a fraction of a whole.
Which is the one you wish you were (just curious)?

DreamBeliever

Lo idk, but it seems like everything everyone else tells me about myself is different from what I think. Everyone tells me I'm a logical, concrete thinker, and my mother has called me out on everything the stereotypical ESTP does (fast pace, rushing everyone, always active, apathetic to financial stuff etc). Maybe I know I am ESTP, but the mbti stereotypes I've been fed the whole time I've studied this subject have blinded me from understanding the concepts of S/N and F/T. Even when I thought I was ENFP after the first time I took an online test, people were still saying I am logical and concrete. The individual letter description of an ESTP doesn't seem like much until I read the actual personality description, then I think, "how can this type be an ST when I've been taught that STs are boring?" Lol but I think I've been psychologically duped into thinking the ENFP description fits me too when it really doesn't. If I would'be took an actual test instead of an online one, maybe I wouldn't be so torn between two types that only relate a fraction of a whole.

I would not call STs boring, & rest assured SPs are definitely anything but boring! A lot of online information is written from the point of view of other types & can be very biased. Every type has a feeling, thinking, sensing, & intuition function anyway. Just use mbti as a tool to understand yourself better, instead of putting people in boxes. No type is superior to another. Life would be boring if there was no variety. Throw all the bs nonsense stereotypes anyway, & then figure out who you really are. It does take some self awareness (which I can sometimes lack myself).

fetus

Enneagram
6w7

I see. You have let stereotypes sway you. Don't! There is nothing bad about being an ST. Type has nothing to do with a boring personality. My ISTP sister is hilarious and one of the most complex people I know. My ISTJ dad has such a weird, cheesy sense of humor, and he's really caring actually. An ESTJ friend of mine has a lot of wisdom. I have yet to meet a confirmed ESTP, but my point is that there's nothing wrong with being who you are. :)

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe you're right, but now that I've been doing some thinking, ESFP sounds perfect for me, because I like to experience the moment, get adrenaline rushes, and be the action hero; and I like to express myself uniquely and creatively and the reason I got into mbti was to stay true to myself. Se Fi sounds perfect. The first time I made a type me thread, I was typed ESFP, but I didn't take it into consideration until now. And actually, this is hard to admit, but based on the quotes on CT, justin bieber and harry styles sound like geniuinely fun and kind people.
I see. You have let stereotypes sway you. Don't! There is nothing bad about being an ST. Type has nothing to do with a boring personality. My ISTP sister is hilarious and one of the most complex people I know. My ISTJ dad has such a weird, cheesy sense of humor, and he's really caring actually. An ESTJ friend of mine has a lot of wisdom. I have yet to meet a confirmed ESTP, but my point is that there's nothing wrong with being who you are. :)