• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Typeless Drifter Arrives in Typology Central...

Am I an INTJ?

• Definitely INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably INTJ

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Leaning Towards Not INTJ

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Definitely Not INTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

knowledge827

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Being a new member of this forum and rather indecisive and unsure about my type and my cognitive functions stacking, I thought I would discuss some of my thoughts here.

First starting out, I tested as an INTJ/P. Of course, this was on the crappy Human Metrics site, but nonetheless I tested and continue to test as an INTJ on various sites (my preferred one being 16 Personalities). I started to become skeptical, because it seemed like many people typed themselves as INTJ on the Internet, even though they only compose about 2-3% of the population (unless all INTJs naturally flock to Internet forums or something). I also wasn't aware of cognitive functions then, but over the past seven months or so, the science/art of Jungian typology slowly came more and more to light as I understood how it works. So, I just want to share a few of my thoughts.

It seems that Ni likes to focus on one particular idea at a time, whereas Ne likes to branch out into many different ideas. With me, both seem to be the case, as generally, I do like to focus on one prevailing idea that interests me, but this isn't until after I've jumped back and forth between possible ideas and then decided on an idea that I liked. If I'm assigned to write a monumental research paper for a class, I'll be able to decide on a topic that really interests me or just "clicks" with me, but this won't be until after I'm jumping back and forth between possible topics. Additionally, I am rather fond of synthesis. If I see two conflicting ideas, I'll try to take the good elements of both of them and combine them into one greater idea, which I've read is a major characteristic of Ni. The best example that I can think of off the top of my head was for an assignment in 6th grade English. I was torn between writing a horror story and writing a piece of historical fiction, so then I decided that if I combined the two, I could flesh out a good story (keep in mind this is before I knew of the existence of books like Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. :D I should start up writing again...)

Additionally, I'm also capable of being rather sympathetic. While I can feel pain at a person's plight, it is often the case that I don't genuinely feel the way that they're feeling and can struggle to offer support, because generally, I tend to end up offering solutions rather than support.

When the time requires it, I'm quite capable of being an excellent leader. The way I like to do it is by ensuring that each person in the group completes their tasks on time and is efficient in doing so. Additionally, I like to organize based on abilities. Recently, for English class, we had to get in groups of 4 and create a hypothetical company and market it, and since I was the "CEO" of the company, I hired the most sociable of our bunch to be the head of PR, and the other two as leading researchers (ours was a nuclear energy company).

So, I do hope that this information is enough for you to determine if I am truly an INTJ and if not, what I could possibly be. All help appreciated in advance.

P.S. I love making puns.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I voted 'probably INTJ' since the tests back this up, and dude, indecisiveness happens with INTJs sometimes anyway.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my gut said INTJ but this is for you to decide.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I ask what struck you out as being more Ti-Ne than Ni-Te?

With me, both seem to be the case, as generally, I do like to focus on one prevailing idea that interests me,
Ji Ti if you want

but this isn't until after I've jumped back and forth between possible ideas and then decided on an idea that I liked. If I'm assigned to write a monumental research paper for a class, I'll be able to decide on a topic that really interests me or just "clicks" with me, but this won't be until after I'm jumping back and forth between possible topics
Ti+Ne/ Ji+Ne

If I see two conflicting ideas, I'll try to take the good elements of both of them and combine them into one greater idea, which I've read is a major characteristic of Ni. The best example that I can think of off the top of my head was for an assignment in 6th grade English. I was torn between writing a horror story and writing a piece of historical fiction, so then I decided that if I combined the two, I could flesh out a good story (keep in mind this is before I knew of the existence of books like Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I should start up writing again...)
Ne!