• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or INTP

Vorthos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hopefully this is my last "What's my type" thread. I've narrowed my type down to INTP or ENTP, but I don't know whether or not I'm introverted or extroverted. I thought I was an introvert, but recently I've been testing as extroverted.

I spend a lot more time thinking than doing. I'm a bit of a loner, and I don't get out much. However, I'm highly energetic. I'm highly gregarious, but only around people I'm somewhat familiar with (although I do make friends quickly with certain types of people, I'm not entirely "myself" with them until I really get to know them well). I'm very charming and I'm usually the joker of the group I'm in (but I'm not a Batman villain). But in certain situations (like talking to people that I know are going to be judgemental of what I say or do), I lose any hint of being articulate. I focus too much on their reaction, but I also think about my intonation, posture, amount of eye contact, volume of my voice and other little things like that so that I basically lose any fluency I might have normally had.

While I don't mind being alone, I find it boring sometimes, but if I'm going to be around people I don't know well, I might need some alone time regardless.

Also, I'm well known to play devils advocate. Often.

While I value logic (very highly), I also highly value "awesomeness".

I feel like all this points towards me being extroverted, but my need to recharge and my preference for thinking over doing (and I also do a lot of introspection) seems to suggest that I could still be introverted. Either way. I'm confused.

Could I just be a highly energetic/charismatic introvert?

Last edited:

Vorthos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh... I must be completely off or something.

Do I sound too arrogant? If I do, it wasn't my intent. I was just hoping to inform. Maybe I chose too strong of words. Instead of "very charming", maybe I'm "pretty likeable".

Or I suppose it's possible that my post isn't as interesting as some other people's. I have posted a few of these threads now, so I suppose the novelty of answering my posts could have worn off.

Heh. I guess I can figure out my typing on my own; after all, who knows me better than me?

But if you have any comments, I'd still be glad to hear them!

Kas

Fabula rasa
[MENTION=24942]Vorthos[/MENTION] of course there is no one who can type you better than yourself (because we can only read what you write in here). For me you seem to be well type right now- I would say INTP and 5or 6 Eneagram. I think you’re more introvert than extrovert. However I/E is something that is hard to tell knowing somebody only from forum.

Anyway I want to say that introverts can be social and can be energetic (although statistically more extroverts are this way). I think that more important is (like in the Jung definitions) whether you focus energy on the outer or the inner world.