• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Questionnaire type?

SwimmerGal97

I made a recent post about searching for a 'more abstract' mbti test, and a suggestion arised that I should try one of the questionnaires available on this forum so here goes :) :

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I've never been sure of my type, and I vary immensely in my behaviour depending on situations and company to the point where even I'm not sure what is natural for me. I also don't think taking my younger years as evidence is particularly helpful as 1) you aren't fully developed in your functions and 2) things weren't smoothly flowing at home during that time so, although I was good at convincing others and myself that nothing affected me, I cant be 100% sure of natural and genuine my behaviour was.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Finding my place. Not as in settling down, getting married and having a family, that doesn't appeal to me at all (it's lovely to holiday in quaint cottages by the sea without a care in the world but a lifetime of that would be boring and I would feel like I'd achieved nothing). I'm more interesting in discovering my talents and finding an environment where I can use them to excel. I don't know if I'd call it yearning but I want awareness in my life. I want to understand what makes me and others tick.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Various occasions for various reasons. Firstly, exam time. When I achieve 100% on a test that makes me feel on top of the world (especially when someone smug comes to show me how well they've done like 'oh, I got 96%, what did you get?' *smirk* and I can pass them my paper with my own smirk). Secondly, meeting people I click with (usually men :L ). For example, I was recently at a careers fair and the armed forces had an area. I made accidental eye contact with a guy from the army ( not a young, attractive guy, I'd say 40's: grey hair, stocky, combat uniform even though he was actually an accountant), he beckoned me over and we had a lovely conversation that was light hearted and 'banterous' (a friend accused me of flirting, which I denied but have been told on many an occasion I can come across as flirtatious). Meeting this new person, thinking of sharp and witty comments really fast and learning something new (as well as talking to a member of the army- he may only have been an accountant but the combat uniform was pretty intimidating) made me feel like I was at the top of my top of my game.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being wrong. Or patronised. Or worse: both. I rarely feel inferior to anyone because we are going about our lives in quite similar ways: when you start a new job, everyones been in your position so people are usually supportive. And those who aren't are usually the most insecure of all so I stay away from the d*cks. Or antagonise them, which is always fun.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I haven't had to make any decisions in my short life that hugely affect others as they are mostly regarding my education. When making decisions I usually write a list of pros and cons, then re write it, then talk to people about it, ask what they think I would be suited for (I dont like people making decisions for me, but I value an outside opinion of those around me, especially because I worry that making decision about myself means I may not be as objective as I'd like as I'm influenced by things I may not realise, and I'm always questioning my own motives for doing things)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

Group or individual project? I'm not great at my own projects as I procrastinate. I'm good at group projects though: I organise and plan, designate bits to people (actually I know exactly what and how I want it done so although I say they can have responsibility of that section of the project, I really have control) but I'm not big in presenting findings.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

It sounds really depressing, but I'm not a 'fun' person. I don't relax alot and like to be on high alert. But most recently it was the last day of college and it's traditional for the leavers to pull loads of pranks then go to the pub with the teachers. Setting up pranks was alot of fun (filling loads of cups of water and placing them all down the corridor to the head of XI forms office so she couldnt get in, switching all the inside and outside furniture, cling-filming teachers cars, water balloons down the stairs and lots of duct tape and shaving foam. Everywhere.) and minigling in the pub was fun.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Google it. I always try to learn something by myself before asking for help. Unless I have a specific reason for asking someone, like I'm trying to initiate a conversation, or get my voice heard so they'll remember me in a way that may be useful to me later- like in a job interview, or sucking up to someone (its annoying, it annoys me when others do it, but i still do it- it's a world of who you know not what you know!)

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

Hah! Not! I adore stationary, buying new files, rearranging bookshelves but I'm too lazy to sustain it. My bedroom, desk and school files are a 'mess'. Others call it a mess but I just have a very complex storage system.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Establish the basic logic (does it follow through?) then find the facts to support it and further my initial understanding as well as helping my identify flaws within the idea

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I flit from person to person, saying this, planting this idea there (I'm not a big motivational speech person, my leadership is more subtle and personal). If I find discord I deal with it in a back and forth way between two people and if that doesn't work, initiate a fight to clear the air (definitely not to entertain).

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think before speaking. I prefer group discussions because I can sit back and observe and contemplate my thoughts and assess others points. I have the option to get involved if I wish so (sometimes, say we are talking about an issue I feel passionate about, I can get my point across loud and clear then take a back seat again).

I tried not to write huge paragraphs as I usually get carried away with typing. Thankyou :)

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Some of the information in your post seems very familiar. Do you remember if I've already typed you before, either on this or the other forum?

SwimmerGal97

Some of the information in your post seems very familiar. Do you remember if I've already typed you before, either on this or the other forum?

It wouldn't surprise me if I had used some of this information previously (particularly any anecdotes and this isn't my first questionnaire, so I may have done some of the questions before). I'm a member of more than one personality forum so there's a chance I may have already posted this, or something very similar, previously. Apologies for being repetitive, I tend to repost similar things because I think that my mood when I type things may have an affect on how I put things across despite trying my best to be objective each time (like for example, if I'm were going through an art phase and wanted fit the artist type, I may feel a bias towards ISFP, or if my 'thing' was politics, then I may put more emphasis on being extroverted. I haven't found my place in the world and I think mbti is my way of finding myself a category to define myself with so I'm not just a drifter, only I know the system so well I can rig the tests to get results I want. It's kinda sad :') ). I figure the more of these I do, the more typings I get, the more reliable the end result and closer to my actual type I'll be.