• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do people type me as xSFJ?

DreamBeliever

- I'm not big on structure, I actually hate structured environments, & I prefer a live & let live attitude.
- I don't rely on past experiences to guide me in the present.
Now, my ESTJ grandma that I live with definitely does. She says things like, "that's not how I've always done it" "this is the way my mom did it" "I've been doing it this way for over 50 years" & to my grandpa "I'm sure that's not how your mom taught you" & "is that how you were raise?"
I always say that I don't think time duration is a good measure of if you should do something or not.
- I'm not hesitant to try new things & I hate repetition. I would literally love to cook a different meal every day, so that I never eat the same thing twice. My ISFJ grandpa thinks that's ridiculous & eats the same thing for lunch every day around the same time. I also would like different activities & new places to go all the time. There's actually nothing I enjoy more.

Maybe I'm over analyzing, but I just don't see any parallels between me & my SJ family members. I'm not saying this to be mean towards SJs either, they can be wonderful, but I just don't think I am one. After all, I should know if I relate to it or not, right?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it members of this forum typing you or people you are speaking to in "real life?"

I would take any typing from forum members whom you've never met with a huge grain of salt--they're only seeing a few exaggerated facets of your personality which might not be wholly representative of who you actually are.

I'm not sure why they're seeing ISFJ. You have to figure this out on your own. Advice from others might be helpful, but remember it's just advice and not the gospel.

Also remember that SJs, I think even more than the other types, have associated with them very extreme stereotypes that might make any SJ question their SJness.

DreamBeliever

Is it members of this forum typing you or people you are speaking to in "real life?"

I would take any typing from forum members whom you've never met with a huge grain of salt--they're only seeing a few exaggerated facets of your personality which might not be wholly representative of who you actually are.

I'm not sure why they're seeing ISFJ. You have to figure this out on your own. Advice from others might be helpful, but remember it's just advice and not the gospel.

Also remember that SJs, I think even more than the other types, have associated with them very extreme stereotypes that might make any SJ question their SJness.

Yeah, it's other forum members that have typed me as that. Thanks. I also think I suck at answering questionnaires, so that's probably why I get mistyped too.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, it's other forum members that have typed me as that. Thanks. I also think I suck at answering questionnaires, so that's probably why I get mistyped too.

There's nothing wrong with being an ISFJ, but of course I can understand the frustration that might arise when you know you're not a certain type but people keep insisting. At the same time, if it's a lot of members insisting, then I wouldn't rule it out completely. Take an objective look at yourself and consider why they might be seeing this. Ask them for more info on how they arrived at that conclusion--sometimes the objective analysis of others can be illuminating. If they're just saying, "You're ____ type" but not saying why, then I wouldn't pay them much attention

DreamBeliever

There's nothing wrong with being an ISFJ, but of course I can understand the frustration that might arise when you know you're not a certain type but people keep insisting. At the same time, if it's a lot of members insisting, then I wouldn't rule it out completely. Take an objective look at yourself and consider why they might be seeing this. Ask them for more info on how they arrived at that conclusion--sometimes the objective analysis of others can be illuminating. If they're just saying, "You're ____ type" but not saying why, then I wouldn't pay them much attention

I feel like they base it on a sentence or 2, & then wait for you to say something that could seem like that type again, so they can be like "gotcha!" I've read their reasons, but I don't see myself in them. If I was that type, shouldn't what they're saying 'click'?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like they base it on a sentence or 2, & then wait for you to say something that could seem like that type again, so they can be like "gotcha!" I've read their reasons, but I don't see myself in them. If I was that type, shouldn't what they're saying 'click'?

There seem to be a lot of "gotcha" moments on this forum when it comes to people typing one another. I suppose it's par for the course.

Starry

I'm always confused ( yeah I'm lookin at you too [MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION] ) when people create "type me" threads but then reject the input of others on the basis of "well, they haven't known me for my entire life."

Typology was, in fact, created as a way to understand another's personality without having been their best friend for the last 50 years.

No one's goin "gotcha" <-until now

ISFP 9w1

DreamBeliever

I'm always confused ( yeah I'm lookin at you too [MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION] ) when people create "type me" threads but then reject the input of others on the basis of "well, they haven't known me for my entire life."

Typology was, in fact, created as a way to understand another's personality without having been their best friend for the last 50 years.

ISFP 9w1

So ISFP 9w1 for me, you're thinking? Back it up?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ISFP 9w1

It occurred to me that I might appear hypocritical with my response. Um, got me, I suppose? I don't know what to tell you, but I stopped making such threads for the same reasons I cited earlier.

Also, I highly doubt the internet was envisioned when typology was created. I'm not expecting typologists to know a person's life story, but they're only getting a brief and limited glance at a person if they're looking at some seventeen magazine styled Q & A on a forum with little other information to work from.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So ISFP 9w1 for me, you're thinking? Back it up?

I thought ISFP too, but I didn't have shit to back it up, therefore I didn't want to make a hypocrite of myself, but I guess I am now by responding with nothing to back it up. Just a general vibe. You should take anything I say with a huge salt shaker.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I guess people can be making assumptions because your very much seem to be a 2 from what I've read, and that corresponds very well with xSFJ.
...not that other mbti types can't be 2s.

Starry

It occurred to me that I might appear hypocritical with my response. Um, got me, I suppose? I don't know what to tell you, but I stopped making such threads for the same reasons I cited earlier.

Also, I highly doubt the internet was envisioned when typology was created. I'm not expecting typologists to know a person's life story, but they're only getting a brief and limited glance at a person if they're looking at some seventeen magazine styled Q & A on a forum with little other information to work from.

Oh whoops Starcrash...while I was serious regarding the content of my message I was kidding around as well. I wasn't thinking much beyond..."I'm about to interrupt two 9s discussing 9 stuff" (Although I'm okay with people thinking I caught you in something *if* that somehow makes me look clever :wink: )

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh whoops Starcrash...while I was serious regarding the content of my message I was kidding around as well. I wasn't thinking much beyond..."I'm about to interrupt two 9s discussing 9 stuff" (Although I'm okay with people thinking I caught you in something *if* that somehow makes me look clever :wink: )

Whoops on me for taking you too seriously.

But I like it if people call me on such hypocrisy, even if they're just joking, so it's a win-win for everyone! I think...

I'm curious why you thought this discussion was about 9 stuff... (or were you kidding about that part)?

Starry

Whoops on me for taking you too seriously.

But I like it if people call me on such hypocrisy, even if they're just joking, so it's a win-win for everyone! I think...

I'm curious why you thought this discussion was about 9 stuff... (or were you kidding about that part)?

Oh I'm just now seeing that last part. I was serious but I need more coffee before I can answer that

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh I'm just now seeing that last part. I was serious but I need more coffee before I can answer that

We can all split the 3rd win and just break off evenly sized pieces.

Starry

We can all split the 3rd win and just break off evenly sized pieces.

I'm in no way suggesting that all 9s are alike or share the same "presentation" and/or experience... And yet this thread is classic e9 to me (and so of course it was awesome to also see you here providing supportive commentary - hence the "9s discussing 9 stuff.") And I've seen some version of this same op message from every entranced, undecided/untyped 9 I can recall encountering on this board - Stansmith, Elfboy, LadyLazurus, greenfairy, etc., etc.

9s have an interesting dichotomy to me in that I experience them as being very distinct, whole, solid, unchanging people/identities...and yet due to the universal, merging energy...due to being disconnected from the gut/base instinct...entranced 9s do not experience themselves in this same way. Whether they are conscious of it or not...they fear they lack an identity (and subsequently boundaries against "bad merges.")

Entranced 9s attempting to type themselves = not all that fun (especially for entranced 7s) because innocent and super clever people like myself can unknowingly walk headlong into a lose-lose scenario. Quite often a 9 will start off with an enthusiastic "Type Me!" (indentify me!)...only to have subsequent contributions immediately protested/shot-down... "Why are you trying to act like you know me when you clearly don't?!" <-And for the finale it's not uncommon for 9s to criticize people for doing precisely what they asked them to do...as well as the process. Just like you guys were doing haha (remember I'm serious and lighthearted here.) I have always said entranced or stressed 9s will tell you who they are.

Basically, 9s merge. They merge with individuals, groups, places, things, professions, moments in time, roles, hobbies...ninjas, super heros, villains, Zen rock gardens, anime & star wars characters, gas powered motors... personality traits.

Think about [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] ...an e7 with no connection to 9. 7s distract themselves from the shitty things in life and remain hopeful/positive by exploring possibilities. As long as the suggestion wasn't hurtful or offensive he would be happy to consider any type or trait someone threw at him for the fun and interest and exploration of it. Typology...99% non-threatening to 7s.

This is not always the case for 9s. If a 9 has fortified their boundaries by having merged with a trait or habit...an understanding of themselves...simple suggestions to the contrary can become threatening rather quickly. If a 9 has merged with an understanding of themselves that holds they are carefree... and someone claims they actually seem quite rountine...<-to some 9s something that benign can feel a bit threatening. And on typology websites...these kinds of threads get started.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
OP, as one of the people who suggested SFJ for you I agree with [MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION] to take it with a grain of salt. I read your questionnaire and got SFJ. I don't know you amazingly well but since you put up a type me thread asking for input that's what I did. And it's obvious you don't want to type as an SJ so you shouldn't feel like you're being forced into it. Although I would take the comments into consideration at least because I think everyone had reasonable things to say regardless of what your actual type is. Like I remember when you decided to shoot down being S you said "I am superstitious, believe in weird conspiracy theories, and read poetry and Shakespeare." To me that seemed like relying on past impressions (even though this isn't inherently an S trait). Either way, people aren't gonna get 100% of your personality through a questionnaire especially since it's hard to fully understand someone IRL too. Type me threads are fun - that's why I make them - but ultimately not the final say on who you are as a person. For me it mostly makes for fun self-exploration. I can be swayed a little bit in the moment but here I am back at my original typing!

I would pay attention to what Starry says though. She says she doesn't even know what she's saying sometimes but she's right 100% of the time. :wink:

Think about [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] ...an e7 with no connection to 9. 7s distract themselves from the shitty things in life and remain hopeful/positive by exploring possibilities. As long as the suggestion wasn't hurtful or offensive he would be happy to consider any type or trait someone threw at him for the fun and interest and exploration of it. Typology...99% non-threatening to 7s.

Which reminds me, I gotta stop flip-flopping my type around. I don't want it to become a forum meme like it has with Evee's or Inis Mona's in the past haha.

Oops I made this thread about me for a second. Well anyway here's what I wanted to say - thanks for mentioning me in threads like this because they help in stopping my flip-flopping. Because every time you analyze my behavior that I never previously attributed to type it reassures me that I'm on the right track. I need to take a page from the 9s and start rejecting more input! Curse my E7 desire for newness. :cry:

DreamBeliever

OP, as one of the people who suggested SFJ for you I agree with [MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION] to take it with a grain of salt. I read your questionnaire and got SFJ. I don't know you amazingly well but since you put up a type me thread asking for input that's what I did. And it's obvious you don't want to type as an SJ so you shouldn't feel like you're being forced into it. Although I would take the comments into consideration at least because I think everyone had reasonable things to say regardless of what your actual type is. Like I remember when you decided to shoot down being S you said "I am superstitious, believe in weird conspiracy theories, and read poetry and Shakespeare." To me that seemed like relying on past impressions (even though this isn't inherently an S trait). Either way, people aren't gonna get 100% of your personality through a questionnaire especially since it's hard to fully understand someone IRL too. Type me threads are fun - that's why I make them - but ultimately not the final say on who you are as a person. For me it mostly makes for fun self-exploration. I can be swayed a little bit in the moment but here I am back at my original typing!

I would pay attention to what Starry says though. She says she doesn't even know what she's saying sometimes but she's right 100% of the time. :wink:

Which reminds me, I gotta stop flip-flopping my type around. I don't want it to become a forum meme like it has with Evee's or Inis Mona's in the past haha.

Oops I made this thread about me for a second. Well anyway here's what I wanted to say - thanks for mentioning me in threads like this because they help in stopping my flip-flopping. Because every time you analyze my behavior that I never previously attributed to type it reassures me that I'm on the right track. I need to take a page from the 9s and start rejecting more input! Curse my E7 desire for newness. :cry:

Hopefully I'll be getting a video up soon (if my phone will stop being a moron & actually upload my vids to YouTube), & that will be a better way to type me. You could be right on me, I can't say there's no way in the universe your not, but I just don't see the SJ core values in myself. I've considered so many types for myself, though. I just want to disregard my old type me threads & start anew. A fresh start. lol

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Flip-flopping is nothing to shamed of.