• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do people type me as xSFJ?

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
Just chill. I'm not looking for an argument. I need to turn in for the night, anyway, so I'm taking my ass to sleep. Have fun making snide remarks elsewhere. I ain't about that.

I didn't even know what this thread was when I posted, I was just fucking bored and decided to harass Cygnus by being contrary. I didn't even read the posts he quoted, I didn't even read the thread title.

Now I can see people are giving you shit and that wasn't me, my presence in this thread is completely arbitrary.

Ya heard

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DreamBeliever, what do you think you are? What do you wish people thought you were?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm in no way suggesting that all 9s are alike or share the same "presentation" and/or experience... And yet this thread is classic e9 to me (and so of course it was awesome to also see you here providing supportive commentary - hence the "9s discussing 9 stuff.") And I've seen some version of this same op message from every entranced, undecided/untyped 9 I can recall encountering on this board - Stansmith, Elfboy, LadyLazurus, greenfairy, etc., etc.

9s have an interesting dichotomy to me in that I experience them as being very distinct, whole, solid, unchanging people/identities...and yet due to the universal, merging energy...due to being disconnected from the gut/base instinct...entranced 9s do not experience themselves in this same way. Whether they are conscious of it or not...they fear they lack an identity (and subsequently boundaries against "bad merges.")

Entranced 9s attempting to type themselves = not all that fun (especially for entranced 7s) because innocent and super clever people like myself can unknowingly walk headlong into a lose-lose scenario. Quite often a 9 will start off with an enthusiastic "Type Me!" (indentify me!)...only to have subsequent contributions immediately protested/shot-down... "Why are you trying to act like you know me when you clearly don't?!" <-And for the finale it's not uncommon for 9s to criticize people for doing precisely what they asked them to do...as well as the process. Just like you guys were doing haha (remember I'm serious and lighthearted here.) I have always said entranced or stressed 9s will tell you who they are.

Basically, 9s merge. They merge with individuals, groups, places, things, professions, moments in time, roles, hobbies...ninjas, super heros, villains, Zen rock gardens, anime & star wars characters, gas powered motors... personality traits.

Think about [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] ...an e7 with no connection to 9. 7s distract themselves from the shitty things in life and remain hopeful/positive by exploring possibilities. As long as the suggestion wasn't hurtful or offensive he would be happy to consider any type or trait someone threw at him for the fun and interest and exploration of it. Typology...99% non-threatening to 7s.

This is not always the case for 9s. If a 9 has fortified their boundaries by having merged with a trait or habit...an understanding of themselves...simple suggestions to the contrary can become threatening rather quickly. If a 9 has merged with an understanding of themselves that holds they are carefree... and someone claims they actually seem quite rountine...<-to some 9s something that benign can feel a bit threatening. And on typology websites...these kinds of threads get started.

guilty as charged

TfN6A8u.gif

DreamBeliever

I didn't even know what this thread was when I posted, I was just fucking bored and decided to harass Cygnus by being contrary. I didn't even read the posts he quoted, I didn't even read the thread title.

Now I can see people are giving you shit and that wasn't me, my presence in this thread is completely arbitrary.

Ya heard

It's ok. Sorry. My bad. I was just letting off steam.

DreamBeliever

DreamBeliever, what do you think you are? What do you wish people thought you were?

I've considered for myself one of the NF or SP types, in all honesty. At the moment, I'm leaning towards SP. I'm not really sure past that. I could be completely wrong, though, which is why I only wanted to hear others reasoning. If anyone feels that I'm an SJ, I'd just like them to explain why. I have a need to constantly analyze. I'm really not trying to deny anything or give people a hard time. I would have no problem being an xSFJ, but it just doesn't seem to make logical sense to me in my own head. I'm just trying to probe further & understand.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've considered for myself one of the NF or SP types, in all honesty. At the moment, I'm leaning towards SP. I'm not really sure past that. I could be completely wrong, though, which is why I only wanted to hear others reasoning. If anyone feels that I'm an SJ, I'd just like them to explain why. I have a need to constantly analyze. I'm really not trying to deny anything or give people a hard time. I would have no problem being an xSFJ, but it just doesn't seem to make logical sense to me in my own head. I'm just trying to probe further & understand.

FWIW, I checked out your questionnaire and would probably go with ISFP based on them, though I have a hard time gleaning info from that kind of presentation. I skimmed through some of the reasons/quotes offered as explanations for xSFJ and most of them apply pretty well to SFs in general.

I think your spinning in circles may be a combination of Fi desire to honor the self perfectly (which involves at least knowing the self) and a possible 9ish desire to latch on to a self-perception as a point of safety and wholeness. And Starry knows her shit so now I'm kinda biased towards her guess of ISFP 9 (which, fun fact, I self-typed as for the longest time ever and was wrong about, but that's neither here nor there).

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Maybe you should make a video for the video thread you made :D people with good type reading abilities could tell you what type you seem to be

DreamBeliever

Maybe you should make a video for the video thread you made :D people with good type reading abilities could tell you what type you seem to be

I definitely am!! I hope to get a video up either by today or tomorrow. That should help then. :)

Starry

Was that Buddha?

Yes. From the recently discovered 5th Noble Truth.

Also...I've decided I'm going to start incorporating the phrase "Ya Heard" more and more into my daily communications. Like...not like "oh you heard?" No. It's like you say a bunch of cool shit...then pause for a moment...then you just say it like a statement.

Starry

*listens with renewed interest*

haha!

Starry

guilty as charged

TfN6A8u.gif

"guilty as charged" please.

When it finally struck me that I was a 7...I think the room starting spinning. I kinda blacked-out for a period of time. And when I came back to...I was like "I need to obtain a new social security number and passport...flee my former life...and live as a Nomad or Bedouin."