• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I am new and seek for my type

Amaris

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am not going to answer this as there are too many aspects that I have been doubting excessively.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
This question is a little difficult, but I feel like simply yearning for being myself. I can't stand being limited by other people and their expectations and wish for living and doing things my own way, the way I consider to be right. I hope that people will learn to be less judgemental to those who seem not to fit, because those people can often offer more, than those who follow. I always find my way, even when the circumstances are not ideal.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I love to go to the woods and take pictures by myself. I like to play with the colors, backgrounds and different composition to make the most atmospheric pictures. I like to be creative and I like to observe nature, plus I can be far away from people and civilization which perfectly fits me.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I never really understood math and logic. I like to play with what surrounds me and try to replicate it in some artistic form, while mathematics , or such sciences simply do the exact opposite. For me it is simply cold and too impersonal.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I always need to do what I feel is right, I do not adapt to other people's rules, or codexes. I often act based on the impulses something gives and tend to not over-think much. Some people see me as reckless, but I think I only act to meet my sense of doing the right thing for myself. To be in tune with my inner voice and gaudience.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I am a photographer and I usually work alone, I value the creative process as much as I value the final work. I like to play in photoshop with different variations of contrasts, colors, filters etc... When I can be happy about the outcome I feel satisfied and motivated to continue the good work. When I have the chance to exhibit my work, it always makes me incredibly happy when I see that people like and enjoy what I do.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
The last time I really enjoyed the company of people was at my sister's birthday party, I wasn't particularly sober so I don't know if it counts, because I wasn't really myself, but I was actually on a trip that made everything around me really bright and colorful and I couldn't be more amazed by the beauty of what I saw, everything felt more alive, I felt the movement everywhere and was able to spot the texture of every little thing. I really do enjoy such states of mind.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I learn best when I can work, when I am able to try out the stuff I need to understand and can apply the informations right on the work.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I am not very organized, well sometimes I have a few compulsions like I have a special corner on my table for color-boxes categorized exactly by their color and number and when someone messes that up I can find myself being in a terrible rage.
But I have bad sleeping routine for example, I am able to go to sleep at 4 am and get up at 6 am one day and go to sleep at 8 pm and wake up at 8 am the next.
My room isn't specially tidy also, sometimes I left my belongings anywhere, sometimes I have days when I feel like cleaning up and everything needs to be in exact order...basically it depends on my mood, but I am definitely not an organization freak.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
When I deal with new information I usually try to find the relevant sources to support it, or disprove it and then I usually make up my own opinion based on the searched information.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I don't find groups as that important, I always felt like an outcast doing my own thing an making sure I follow my own by own heart is the most important for me.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I can be impulsive and I sometimes find myself in tricky situations because I often speak before thinking and I end up being too open, honest and sound rude, or reckless to others.
In a group conversation it is often easier to get lost and kind of disappear from people around, while in one on one you just need to pay attention and stay engaged in the conversation, which can be exhausting sometimes. However it often depends on my mood, I can have a good conversation for hours if I feel like it and I can be quiet for days as well.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I often jump into action without really thinking about the consequences which led me to some troubles in a past. Now I try to be more wise and re-think the action more, but my nature is more spontaneous and impulsive.
I think words can be beautiful to read, or to hear, I value them, but I also like a good stimulating action so this is difficult to choose.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Again it depends on my mood, sometimes I like to spend time solitary reading a book, listening to music or watching series.
When there is some good plan for the night with my friend I could feel like joining them, but it also depends on what sorts of activities do they wish to do.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
When I am under alot of stress I can be aggressive and feel like out of control. I can smash things and tell on people without a good reason. I am a tornado of high temper and nervousness when stressed out. I've never really done it, but I think I might be able to physically hurt people when I am really on the edge.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
It seems like a lot of people have the sense of snobbish value to them. The kind of feeling of self-importance and arrogance and it simply makes me sick.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like mythology, occultism, witchcraft and I always feel glad when I find someone with similar interests. I do enjoy mysticism.
Sometimes I can enjoy good quality gossips, but tend to avoid those that seem proof empty for me.
I can talk about music for a long time, but unfortunately don't really know many people with similar taste in real life.
I also like talking about books, photography and art.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
It might sounds a bit weird, but I pay very little attention on my social life.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't think people really know me and I don't want them to know me. A lot of people are prejudgemental and only see the surface of my persona while they never know what is behind all of it. I am not interested in their perceptions, because I am tired of being misunderstood.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would go for a walk to the woods and take some pictures. Then I would go home, read my favorite book by William Burroughs Headpress 25: Flicker Machine, which is a book about mysticism and esotericism in films and art. After that I'd probably call the person I love to join me and go to our favorite pub to have a few beers. I'd like to enjoy some gallery too and a concert would be an ideal end of a day.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Most probable: INFP
Potentially: ISFP, INTP

Mane

Permabanned
Probably ISFP.

Fi indicators
Se indicators
Ni indicators

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am not going to answer this as there are too many aspects that I have been doubting excessively.
2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
This question is a little difficult, but I feel like simply yearning for being myself. I can't stand being limited by other people and their expectations and wish for living and doing things my own way, the way I consider to be right. I hope that people will learn to be less judgemental to those who seem not to fit, because those people can often offer more, than those who follow. I always find my way, even when the circumstances are not ideal.
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I love to go to the woods and take pictures by myself. I like to play with the colors, backgrounds and different composition to make the most atmospheric pictures. I like to be creative and I like to observe nature, plus I can be far away from people and civilization which perfectly fits me.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
I never really understood math and logic. I like to play with what surrounds me and try to replicate it in some artistic form, while mathematics , or such sciences simply do the exact opposite. For me it is simply cold and too impersonal.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I always need to do what I feel is right, I do not adapt to other people's rules, or codexes. I often act based on the impulses something gives and tend to not over-think much. Some people see me as reckless, but I think I only act to meet my sense of doing the right thing for myself. To be in tune with my inner voice and gaudience.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I am a photographer and I usually work alone, I value the creative process as much as I value the final work. I like to play in photoshop with different variations of contrasts, colors, filters etc... When I can be happy about the outcome I feel satisfied and motivated to continue the good work. When I have the chance to exhibit my work, it always makes me incredibly happy when I see that people like and enjoy what I do.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
The last time I really enjoyed the company of people was at my sister's birthday party, I wasn't particularly sober so I don't know if it counts, because I wasn't really myself, but I was actually on a trip that made everything around me really bright and colorful and I couldn't be more amazed by the beauty of what I saw, everything felt more alive, I felt the movement everywhere and was able to spot the texture of every little thing. I really do enjoy such states of mind.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I learn best when I can work, when I am able to try out the stuff I need to understand and can apply the informations right on the work.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I am not very organized, well sometimes I have a few compulsions like I have a special corner on my table for color-boxes categorized exactly by their color and number and when someone messes that up I can find myself being in a terrible rage.
But I have bad sleeping routine for example, I am able to go to sleep at 4 am and get up at 6 am one day and go to sleep at 8 pm and wake up at 8 am the next.
My room isn't specially tidy also, sometimes I left my belongings anywhere, sometimes I have days when I feel like cleaning up and everything needs to be in exact order...basically it depends on my mood, but I am definitely not an organization freak.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
When I deal with new information I usually try to find the relevant sources to support it, or disprove it and then I usually make up my own opinion based on the searched information.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I don't find groups as that important, I always felt like an outcast doing my own thing an making sure I follow my own by own heart is the most important for me.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I can be impulsive and I sometimes find myself in tricky situations because I often speak before thinking and I end up being too open, honest and sound rude, or reckless to others.
In a group conversation it is often easier to get lost and kind of disappear from people around, while in one on one you just need to pay attention and stay engaged in the conversation, which can be exhausting sometimes. However it often depends on my mood, I can have a good conversation for hours if I feel like it and I can be quiet for days as well.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I often jump into action without really thinking about the consequences which led me to some troubles in a past. Now I try to be more wise and re-think the action more, but my nature is more spontaneous and impulsive. I think words can be beautiful to read, or to hear, I value them, but I also like a good stimulating action so this is difficult to choose.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Again it depends on my mood, sometimes I like to spend time solitary reading a book, listening to music or watching series.
When there is some good plan for the night with my friend I could feel like joining them, but it also depends on what sorts of activities do they wish to do.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
When I am under alot of stress I can be aggressive and feel like out of control. I can smash things and tell on people without a good reason. I am a tornado of high temper and nervousness when stressed out. I've never really done it, but I think I might be able to physically hurt people when I am really on the edge.
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
It seems like a lot of people have the sense of snobbish value to them. The kind of feeling of self-importance and arrogance and it simply makes me sick.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like mythology, occultism, witchcraft and I always feel glad when I find someone with similar interests. I do enjoy mysticism.
Sometimes I can enjoy good quality gossips, but tend to avoid those that seem proof empty for me.
I can talk about music for a long time, but unfortunately don't really know many people with similar taste in real life.
I also like talking about books, photography and art.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
It might sounds a bit weird, but I pay very little attention on my social life.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I don't think people really know me and I don't want them to know me. A lot of people are prejudgemental and only see the surface of my persona while they never know what is behind all of it. I am not interested in their perceptions, because I am tired of being misunderstood.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I would go for a walk to the woods and take some pictures. Then I would go home, read my favorite book by William Burroughs Headpress 25: Flicker Machine, which is a book about mysticism and esotericism in films and art. After that I'd probably call the person I love to join me and go to our favorite pub to have a few beers. I'd like to enjoy some gallery too and a concert would be an ideal end of a day.

Congratulations on acquiring your new stereotype. Go on now, into the box...

arrows-pointing-box-14559529.jpg

Amaris

Probably ISFP.

Thanks Jarlaxle, can you tell what makes you think ISFP?

I think I am more likely an ISFP than INFP, or INTP, but still would like to hear more in detail information.

I was considering INFJ for me too.

Amaris

[MENTION=22098]Jarlaxle[/MENTION]
Thank that was really something I was looking for.

Well the ISFP box can be warm and welcoming, I am not really having any sort of problem with fitting myself in (maybe with only a little doubts about wheter I am not INFJ with developed Fi). I think ISFP fits better than INFP and I am pretty sure I am not a T type just as well.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Can you be more detialed about it please?

You seem to be someone who prefers their own company or that of close friends. Getting away from people into nature reads very much like an Introvert.

You don't like to be constrained by rules; you like to find your own way and have your own set of values. With the photography, you like to be creative and seek beauty in things. There's potential Sensing and Intuitiveness here, is it more that you want to experience the world as it is, or do you more see the potential for creating something new from your environment?

Re-reading the above, I get a strong impression that you do the things you do to evoke emotions in people, i.e. you want your art to make people happy, and that makes you happy. You also have little time for logic and science, and consider it to be "cold and impersonal". This to me reads like a Feeler.

Finally, you describe yourself as impulsive and reckless, acting without thinking, disorganised - spontaneity is your element, rather than planning things in advance and organising yourself first. This is more Perceiver territory.

I'm still learning about MBTI here and there, so please, please feel free to challenge or expand on any of this...