• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help with a science project!!!

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey guys! Uh so I have a science project that is on MBTI. How do I go about testing people, and what short test should I use? The problem statement is how does one's personality correlate with their choice of food (or favorite flavor)? I also need some ideas on how many people I should ask to take the test. If you guys are up for it, thanks so much!!!

With love and vegetarianism,
CHICKEN FUCKIN' NUGGET
PS OH MY GOD HOW IRONIC THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER DUDE MY NAME IS CHICKENNUGGET AND IM A FUCKING VEGITARIAN I MEAN HOW COOL IS THAT!!!

Chickennugget

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh and I have to determine my type for this... Isn't that lovely (sense the sarcasm here)?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Uhhh.. well, a good control would be to find a simple and fast quiz and test everyone with the same quiz. That way even if the quiz is wrong on identifying type sometimes at least everyone is on the same page. You can make a separate data graph on stated types vs quiz-result types. Then just ask them a few different data sets. You could go favorite nationality of food.. or texture.. or stick to types of flavors (sweet, salty, umami, etc.).. or whether they have a sweet tooth or not. Ask as many people as you can (try to hit up a school event or post on the school's fb page, or just get your own class to participate in the survey) using surveymonkey and whatever responses you get will just have to be sufficient enough.

The reality is food preferences have a great deal more to do with human instinct and how we were raised to eat as kids than type ever will. They're not related at all. So... its more of a pseudoscience project. Don't beat yourself up about it. Keep it simple and easy.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Want me to break you down, boy?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Oh and I have to determine my type for this... Isn't that lovely (sense the sarcasm here)?

Definitely follow kyuuei's advice, but as for this...just take the same MBTI test that you will have your subjects take. It's fine if it's not accurate. You just want to be consistent.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do some studying on the cognitive functions, have the person give a 5 minute speech about himself and write down as many quotes as you can, they use those quotes to see if you can recognize the functios in their speech. This is the way any counselor would do it and it is way more accurate than any dumb test. Examples of speech indicating a function would include:
Se:I enjoy the smells and vibrations of my environment. They are fascinating
Ne: My mind is always going off the walls, do you know what I mean?
Ni:I will not do any simple activities. I want my wirk to be intellectual and complex.
Si: I value tradition, it really brings back great memories
Ti:I do my own shit, I make my own rules. We clear?
Fi:I often look deep into myself and stay true to who I really am
Te: Without authority, logic would go off balance
Fe: I value courtesy more than anything else. Everyone should make sacrifices to promote courtesy.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Do some studying on the cognitive functions, have the person give a 5 minute speech about himself and write down as many quotes as you can, they use those quotes to see if you can recognize the functios in their speech. This is the way any counselor would do it and it is way more accurate than any dumb test. Examples of speech indicating a function would include:
Se:I enjoy the smells and vibrations of my environment. They are fascinating
Ne: My mind is always going off the walls, do you know what I mean?
Ni:I will not do any simple activities. I want my wirk to be intellectual and complex.
Si: I value tradition, it really brings back great memories
Ti:I do my own shit, I make my own rules. We clear?
Fi:I often look deep into myself and stay true to who I really am
Te: Without authority, logic would go off balance
Fe: I value courtesy more than anything else. Everyone should make sacrifices to promote courtesy.

No. Now you're introducing far too much subjectivity into this. The only way this would be a decent idea would be if you had several "experts" in MBTI do the judging.